Chapter 11: One should enjoy the quietness

BDZ

Mina ran dragging Chaeyoung along with her. Who would have thought her friends were easily blinded by money? Mina silently laughed for even she hadn't expected such to happen. She stopped in order to catch her breath. Besides, she was worried why Chaeyoung hadn't spoke since they started running; she didn't even complain about her ice cream.

"Chaeyoung?" Mina gently shook Chaeyoung's shoulders.

"You alright?" 

Mina couldn't read Chaeyoung's face, the younger had a blank look on her face.

"Chaeyoung?" Mina called for the second time. Still, there was no response. Mina scratched her head, not knowing what had happened to her companion.

"I bet she wouldn't move even if I draw on her face." Mina thought.

"Myoui Mina!" A shout was heard.

Mina rolled her eyes and was now thinking of an escape plan. She didn't notice that Chaeyoung had gone stiff.

"Chae--" Mina glanced at her younger friend and was flustered. Tears were gushing out of Chaeyoung's eyes.

"Eh? Chaeyoung? What happened? Eh?" 

"Myoui Mina!" Nayeon's voice can be heard.

"I hope Nayeon- unnie would shut up." Mina snickered.

Chaeyoung, at last, met Mina's gaze. Mina didn't know the younger girl's inner turmoil and smiled like she always did.

"I-I'm sorry…" Chaeyoung took a step back and ran on the opposite direction, which basically was the direction where they came from. 

"Eh? Chaeyoung! Don't go there!" Mina heard Chaeyoung's apology and was curious as to why Chaeyoung had said that but she had a more important situation at hand. Chaeyoung's going straight to her death!

"Chaeyoung! Stop!" Mina paled as she ran after Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung heard Mina but paid no heed to the older girl's warning. She continued to ran.

"Myoui Mina!" 

"It's gone…closer?" Chaeyoung thought. She began to slow down.

"Finally!"

Chaeyoung looked back and saw a panting penguin. She wanted to laugh but when she remembered who the penguin really was, she wondered. 

"Would Mina-unnie smile the same way if she knows who I am?"

"There you are! Freeze, you penguin!" A rabbit, dinosaur, raccoon and shiba harmoniously shouted.

"Not this again…" Mina sighed. Truthfully, she had no more energy to run. She raised her hands and quietly surrendered. 

The suspect was noisily apprehended by the wannabe police. 

"You know Mina, it would have been simple if you just surrendered yourself and not run around ." Sana lectured Mina.

"Yeah yeah. Chaeyoung let's go." Mina urged.
Mina earned a small nod from Chaeyoung. 

"Did I do something wrong?" Mina thought and tilted her head.

"You guys…seriously…" Jihyo had finally caught up.

"Took you a while--" Nayeon said but zipped as soon as she saw Jihyo's glare.

"Where's Dahyun and Tzuyu?" Momo inquired.

"You really think those two can handle running around for a long period of time?" Jihyo sarcastically answered. 

"Ah!"

As if like a truck struck them, the others realized it. Those two were sheltered princesses, they seemed to have forgotten.

"Let's go pick those two up and you guys can continue…interrogating Mina." Jihyo sighed and waved her hands in defeat.

Dahyun and Tzuyu were currently sitting on a bench. Under the shade of a tree, the two of them enjoyed the quietness. They both blankly stared at the blue sky above them.

"Why do they have such energy?" Tzuyu broke the silence.

Dahyun laughed in reply. 

"But I don't dislike it…I guess." Tzuyu added.

Dahyun looked at the younger girl in confusion.

"Being surrounded with such people makes my world more colorful." Tzuyu smiled.

"You're absolutely right." Dahyun's laughter boomed.

"It would be nice to spend our days just like this. Away from all of my nightmares…" Dahyun trailed off.

Tzuyu pretended not to hear the latter half. She decided that it was better if it was left unheard. If Dahyun wasn't ready to face such nightmares then she and the others can't help. 

Silence once again crept in.

"Oy!" A shout caught the two's attention.

"Looks like we're being picked up." Dahyun said as she stood up.

Tzuyu laughed and followed. 

"We caught a penguin! See!" Sana proudly presented.

"Congrats unnie." Dahyun replied.

"Right, also good luck later Sana-unnie, to you too Momo-unnie." Tzuyu teased.

"Good luck for what?" Sana and Momo were confused. They seemed to have forgotten that they have a roommate called Mina. 

Momo had moved in the dorms and was delighted when she met her roommates. She also had her fair share of Mina's scoldings. Though Mina was the youngest and Momo was the oldest but that didn't spare her from being lectured upon.

Sana and Momo looked at each other and gulped. Both were thinking the same thing.

"Let's go sleep somewhere else?"

"Don't even dream about it. Go back to the dorm or else." Mina threatened the two. The two shrieked and their shoulders slumped. They accepted their fate.

"Let's go to the cafeteria. It's way too hot." Jeongyeon complained. The others readily agreed and they went on their way towards the cafeteria.

Chaeyoung was the last to sit and she sighed as she did so. How could she tell Mina who she really is? Just imagining the older girl's angry face, Chaeyoung shuddered.

"So what did you want from me?" Mina said as she sipped her juice. 

"Don't play dumb Myoui Mina!" Nayeon slammed her hand on the table.

Chaeyoung flinched which didn't go unnoticed by her friends.

"Chaeyoung, are you alright?" Dahyun worriedly asked.

"I-I'm fine." Chaeyoung sheepishly laughed.

"You sure?" Jeongyeon asked again.

"I'm really fine, just a little tired." Chaeyoung assured them.

"So where was I? That's right! Myoui Mina--"
"Can you stop shouting my full name?" Mina asked dejectedly. She's very embarrassed. Though there were only quite a few students in the cafeteria, they were all looking at her with curiosity. 

"Am I a penguin in a zoo?!" Mina wanted to ask them.

Tzuyu watched as Chaeyoung flinched when hearing Mina's full name.

"Ahem! So I was--"

"Chaeyoung" Tzuyu interrupted Nayeon's speech.

"Yup?" Chaeyoung tilted her head.

"Myoui Mina" Tzuyu stated.

"Eh?" The three Japanese were bewildered.

"…" Chaeyoung froze as she heard that name, specifically Mina's surname.

"Is there something going on? A drama? Is it coming?" Momo narrated which earned her a smack on the head from Jihyo.

 

 

​​