Chapter 2: One should stop being oblivious

BDZ

Students scampered as they encountered a very angry bunny, stomping her way towards who knows where. As if a bulldozer passed through, the hallway was empty. Students went in their respective classes, scared of the bunny. They silently prayed for the poor soul that angered the bunny. Out of nowhere, a very happy shiba, that somehow can’t read the atmosphere, approached the bunny with a very pale looking penguin in tow.

“Nayeon-unnie!” The oblivious girl smiled beamingly.

“…” Nayeon glared at the person who dared to stop her.

“What’s wrong? You alright Nayeon-unnie?” The girl, completely innocent, asked.

“Sana, I think it’s not a good time to talk to her.” The other girl pulled Sana’s arm and said quietly, more quiet than her usual voice.

“Eh? Why?” Sana said. The other girl wanted to do a face palm. Not only is this shiba clumsy, she’s also good at picking fights! The penguin thought.

“Nayeon-unnie doesn’t have her phone on her! Spare me from trouble you oblivious shiba!” She quietly shouted.

Sana looked at Nayeon’s hand. Yup, there’s no phone. No phone means an angry bunny. No wonder everyone was running away. As if the puzzle was solved, a light bulb appeared on her head. Sana smiled when she thought she had solved the puzzle but paled when she realized what she had done.

Minatozaki Sana, a student of archaeology, the next girl after Nayeon on the list of “Girls you should date”. This beauty is a clumsy one, somehow innocent and sometimes can’t read the atmosphere, which ultimately brings her trouble. And every trouble she causes, she drags her close friend with her, much to the dismay of her close friend.

“Mina…” Sana looked at the penguin, Mina, pitifully like an abandoned shiba.

Mina looked at Sana exasperatedly. It’s the first day of school yet look what happened! She’ll have a taste of one of the deadly sins, the rabbit’s wrath, so early in the morning!

Myoui Mina, another student who takes up archaeology. She was supposed to be next on the list after Sana but she pleaded Sana to tell the journalists’ club to remove her name. Why she didn’t talk with them herself? She’s not good with strangers but can still talk to one if needed to. She’ll avoid one if she can. Coincidentally, Jihyo took her spot. She’s thankful to have a friend like Sana but she wants to be spared from trouble.

There was this one time when her and Sana was chased by a jealous girlfriend of some guy who Sana, as she claims, just talked to. And Sana being oblivious, didn’t realize that the guy was flirting with her. If Mina didn’t pass by accidentally and saw the scene, Sana would have been stabbed by the girl. Mina then realized that the word yandere is real.

“…Sana-yah, Mina-yah” Nayeon glared as she spoke, not only to Sana but also to the completely innocent Mina.

The two shivered, Sana contemplating on life and Mina wondering if she’ll abandon Sana. Before all hell broke loose, a ray of hope appeared! More likely a shout of hope since a shout was heard.

“What in the world is happening here?!” A loud shout echoed just like a noisy steam engine.

“Pipe it down Thomas.” Nayeon glared at the newcomer.

“Shut up bunny! The shiba over there, what did you do?” Jihyo interrogated. Nayeon being called a bunny shut up.

“I only talked to her! I swear!” Sana said as she flailed her arms.

“Penguin, is that true?” Jihyo eyed at Sana and looked over to Mina.

“Hate to say it but yes. Sana only talked to Nayeon-unnie.” Mina glanced at Sana and sighed. As if she gave up on Sana a long time ago.

“Bunny, it’s still so early. I still have to attend the orientation for the freshmen and yet when I reached the office a crowd of students summoned me to calm down a certain angry bunny! I’m a busy person you know.” Jihyo said as she massaged her temples.

“I didn’t ask you to come…” Nayeon quietly defended herself. She knew she can never win against the younger girl.

“You didn’t, the scared students did. Now tell me, why’re you so angry?” Jihyo asked.

“My phone…” Nayeon murmured. She remembered the guy’s face and it made her blood boil.

“You’re what?” Jihyo didn’t hear her.

“My phone was stolen. Happy?” Nayeon gritted her teeth.

Mina and Sana looked over each other. Who in the world would want to steal Nayeon’s phone when all students know it’s not a good thing to anger her. Jihyo pondered for a moment and took out her phone.

“Here hold on to my phone first. I know you can’t calm down without your phone but I still have the orientation to go to so I’ll have to investigate later. Think of my phone as yours until we find your phone. I don’t care if you take a lot of selfies.” Jihyo said and handed her phone.

Nayeon took the phone knowing she can’t reason out with Jihyo. The moment she held Jihyo’s phone her dark aura disappeared. Sana and Mina looked at the scene in amazement. The train calmed the bulldozer bunny down!

“Also, call your number and track it down so I’ll have lesser things to do later.” Jihyo commanded and then looked at her watch.

“Gotta go. See you Nayeon-unnie, Sana, Mina.” Jihyo smiled.

“Good luck on the orientation.” Mina cheered.

“I’ll give your phone later.” Nayeon said.

“See you later Jihyo!” Sana chirped. She’s glad the younger girl came or else she and Mina would have been roasted. And then she’ll have to deal with an angry Mina later on. She shivered at that thought.

Jihyo walked away and when they couldn’t see her figure anymore, Sana turned to Nayeon when Nayeon tapped her.

“You’ll have to help me look for my phone shiba.” Nayeon smiled frighteningly.

Sana nodded her head. She thought why she was the only one that was being talked to. She looked for her close friend; Mina was nowhere to be found. Mina left her all alone!

Sana looked closely, there’s no way Mina would have walked far. A penguin is slow on land! That is Sana’s logic. And then, there she saw a waddling Mina.

“Unnie, can I get another helper?” Sana pleaded.

“Oh, who would it be?” Nayeon wondered. Truth to be told, she was planning on making Sana and Mina help her but before she knew it Mina disappeared, a ninja penguin indeed.

“Mina. I’ll go get her.” Sana said and began to stealthily chase the unaware penguin.

Mina smiled. She was glad she got away. She thought she was far away already but alas! She was caught. Sana grabbed her arm. Mina’s smile faded and frowned when she saw Sana. The ever elegant Mina frowned at Sana.

“I don’t want to. Let go of my arm.” She said as she tried to release from Sana’s hold. She failed; Sana’s strength is no joke. Sana trained karate for 11 years while Mina did ballet for 11 years. It would be clear who would win if they did arm wrestling.

“Please Mina-yah. I’ll treat you later. Please help me!” Sana pleaded and did puppy eyes.

Mina looked at the scene in front of her. She sighed knowing she can’t win against Sana. Even if she said no, Sana can easily drag her back to Nayeon. What’s the use of refusing?

Sana came back to where Nayeon was proudly. She brought back Mina.

“During lunch time, I’ll meet the two of you in the canteen, usual spot.” Nayeon ordered.

“Yes ma’am!” The two answered. Nayeon walked away towards her first class.

“Sana stop dragging me to all sorts of trouble.” Mina sighed. Mina looked at Sana and pulled her ear.

“Min—ow. Mina—ow ow. My ear Mina! Ow spare me!” Sana’s shout echoed through the halls as she was dragged away by Mina.