Chapter 7: One should face problems head on

BDZ

Chou Tzuyu, a Taiwanese first year taking up mechanical engineering. Having the looks of a Greek goddess caused her to gather much attention during the orientation. Tzuyu is a calm and collected person, she won’t get angry over trivial things—or so she thought. Tzuyu loves her pet dog, Gucci. But since she was to study at JYP University, they drifted apart. Oh! Such tragedy! Tzuyu was broken hearted. She could now only look at him through pictures. Alas! Thy pictures were obliterated. And thus, Chou Tzuyu, for the first time, became furious. To add on to this, her hatred was directed to a total stranger.

Sana was literally shaking. Never had she been this scared her entire life. The person right in front of her is way more, like literally light years, scarier than Mina. Her 11 years of karate can’t help her. The girl in front of her was just glaring at her, yet Sana’s knees were shaking, with her hand clutching her phone and the other forming a fist. Sana knew she can’t talk her way out of this mess nor can she ask for Mina’s help.

Mina watched helplessly. She knew she can’t intervene or else the new girl’s anger would soar higher, worse, she’ll take Sana’s spotlight. Chaeyoung watched silently as the scene unfolded. She personally didn’t know any of them. She could only pray for the soul of the one who awakened the beast. 

Tzuyu was really irritated as the girl never apologized. Tzuyu could have cussed and hit the girl but she couldn’t, her parents taught her proper etiquette. This was the first time she’s ever been this angry, she doesn’t know what to do. She was frustrated. She didn’t realize it but she was crying.

Sana wished Jihyo would come and save her just like earlier. Sana took a glance at the girl and saw she was crying. She was baffled. 

“You…” The tall girl trailed off.

Sana looked at her with curiosity. She never knew what she did to make the other girl so mad.

“You made me delete all my pictures of Gucci!” Tzuyu shouted. 

Questions once again bombarded Sana’s mind but then she couldn’t take that the girl was crying. Though afraid, she stepped closer to the girl and wiped her tears. If the girl ever decided to hit her, Sana hoped her karate would be useful. Tzuyu was frozen in place; she didn’t realize that she was crying. 

“Uhm…I’m sorry for what I did. The pictures…do you have any backup of those?” Sana said as she wiped off the tears.

Then it hit Tzuyu, she did have a copy of the pictures in her laptop. She felt embarrassed for making a scene and she could only nod at the question. Sana was tiptoeing a bit since the other girl was taller.

“Sorry…” Tzuyu murmured.

“Don’t be. Can I treat you to lunch? Just to compensate for what I did.” Sana asked.

Tzuyu nodded. Mina watched in amusement. This was the first time Sana solved a problem all on her own, Mina was proud. Not to mention, Sana didn’t even stutter.

She patted Sana and said, “My child you have grown.”

Sana eyed at Mina for saying nonsense and not helping her. She decided to have a “talk” with Mina later; she still had important things to do.

Sana led the taller girl to their table and was stupefied at the large amount of food on the table next to it. There a girl munched her food like a raccoon and right in front of her sat a pale girl, quietly eating her food. 

“That took you long enough.” Nayeon made her presence known.

“Sorry Nayeon-unnie, Sana got into trouble again.” Mina sighed as she walked over. 

“Oh! There they are!” Chaeyoung beamed as she finally managed to find Dahyun and Momo.
“You found you’re friends?” Mina asked.
“Yup! There they are. Thanks Mina-unnie.”

Chaeyoung replied and pointed at the nearby table.
“You don’t have to thank me. I didn’t do anything.”  Mina then looked at the direction Chaeyoung was pointing at.

“…that’s a lot of food…” Mina trailed off. She wasn’t a big eater and seeing a ridiculously large amount of food for two people made her want to throw up.

“I was about to say that.” Chaeyoung laughed.

“You know those two? Also, could you guys sit? My neck’s hurting.” Nayeon complained.

The four complied with Nayeon’s request.
“So?” Nayeon asked.

“I know 'em.” Chaeyoung confirmed.
Nayeon thought of a good idea.

“Can you tell them to eat with us? It would be more fun to have more people.” Nayeon said. Chaeyoung beamed at this suggestion and didn’t think twice to go ask the two. Sana and Mina looked at each other; they both knew what Nayeon was trying to do.

Sana turned to the tall girl.
“What do you want to eat? I’ll go order.” Sana smiled and stood up.
“I’ll go with you unnie.” Tzuyu also stood up.
“Don’t worry its fine. Wait, unnie?” Sana was puzzled.
“I’m still a freshman and I’ll accompany you. I’m worried you’ll slip along with my food.” Tzuyu said bluntly. Both Nayeon and Mina laughed as Sana’s face went red.
“And here I thought I was forgiven.” Sana mumbled.
“You are. One should forgive but one should never forget.” Tzuyu stated.

Sana and Tzuyu both went to the counter. Dahyun, Momo and Chaeyoung arrived with heaps of foods on their hands. Mina stood up and helped them.
“You guys eat a lot.” Nayeon commented.

Dahyun looked at Momo, who gobbled up her food as soon as she sat, and laughed awkwardly.

“Have you eaten yet?” Mina asked Chaeyoung.
“I haven’t yet…” Chaeyoung said bashfully. She got lost and never had the chance to go and buy her food.

Mina offered to accompany Chaeyoung to the counter. She was worried the girl’s going to get lost again. Chaeyoung reluctantly agreed. 

Nayeon evilly laughed silently. Now she had more minions to chase the guy. The four arrived with two trays at hand. Both Mina and Sana were done eating.

“So, who are you guys?” Momo dumbly asked as she kept stuffing with food. She was the only one left eating.
“Nayeon’s the name. The shiba lookalike’s Sana…” Tzuyu and the others laughed at this. She looked at Sana and laughed harder. Sana pouted as she heard this.
“The penguin over there is Mina.” Nayeon stated. Once again, laughter erupted. Mina was calm as usual; she was used at being called a penguin. Chaeyoung laughed as she remembered that Mina was waddling when they were walking.
“I’m Chaeyoung.” 
“I’m Dahyun.”
“Awm Momu” Momo said with stuffed with food.
“She means Momo.” Dahyun clarified.
All of them then turned to the tallest girl.
“Chou Tzuyu, nice to meet you.” Tzuyu introduced herself.
“Chou? Are you the daughter of CM Group of Companies?” Dahyun asked absentmindedly.

Tzuyu was shocked at this question. Not many knew that the current CEO had a daughter.

“Ah, I’m not anyone suspicious. I’m Kim Dahyun, pleasure to meet you.” Dahyun said as she extended her hand for a handshake.
Tzuyu took the handshake.

“Wow, is this a summit?” Sana gawked. Mina and Nayeon couldn’t believe their ears. These two were like super rich! Chaeyoung was clueless. You can’t blame her; she was never interested in these kinds of things. Momo kept her attention to her food.
“Please just treat me normal.” Dahyun pleaded.
“Same here, I’m tired of all the formalities of the higher circle.” Tzuyu added. All of them understood and agreed. 
“So you two are a celebrity or somethin'?” Chaeyoung curiously asked.

Chaeyoung’s question earned her a quick lecture from Nayeon. She then learned the history of the Kim family and that the CM Group of Companies is one of the leading companies in the field of technology.

“Did you come from the mountains or something?” Nayeon heaved a sigh.
“Wow. How’d ya know?” Chaeyoung was shocked and then the table went silent.