Chapter 26

You're My Little Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiah was sitting in her bed, phone in her hand -- waiting impatiently for certain someone to call. She had been sitting like this for two hours straight.

"What is wrong with him?" She huffed glaring at the poor phone screen.

As if on cue, it started to ring and she held her breath, not believing that he actually called even though she qas waiting.

"Where were you?" She immediately asked.

"Hold on sweetheart, is that how you greet your husband?" His soft voice came with a chuckle.

Her face turned crimson and then she cleared "Your flight landed two hours ago" 

"Yeah I'm sorry, the hotel was far and then i freshen up. But I'm calling you now" He said with an apologetic voice.

"Did you eat?" She asked carefully.

"No i will in an hour or so, have you?" He murmured.

It took her a moment to register his question "Yeah i did" she closed her eyes for a moment.

"No you did not, you can't even lie properly" He chuckled and she heard the sound of him plopping down on the bed.

"How do you know that I'm lying?" She squinted her eyes suspiciously.

"I just do" His said in a husky voice.

"On a serious note, eat properly Jiah" He added.

She hummed in response and then there was silence. 

"Baekhyun?" She called.

No response.

"Baek?" She called again.

No response.

Then she heard his slow breathing. He fell asleep talking to her. She got comfortable in her bed, with her phone still attached to her ear. She listened to his calm and steady breathing. Somehow it made her sleepy and at peace.

"You didn't even eat, you idiot" She mumbled softly and then closed her eyes.
____________

Next morning was as usual. Baekhyun left a message that he'll be extremely busy. Jiah made a face but went with her routine. 

She came office in his car. She messaged him at the lunch time if he ate or not. His reply came after an hour "I did, have you?" She replied with a yes and his reply never came.

She waited for his call at night not knowing if he will call or not.

"He couldn't be that busy" She huffed, munching the ramen aggressively.

Next morning she woke up cranky and grabbed her phone the first thing. There was one missed call from him and a message which read "This trip really nailed me down! How are you? You're eating properly right?" She was probably asleep when he called. 

It was enough to make her feel better. She replied back "Forget about me. Are you eating properly?" And then went to continue her routine.

______________

Jiah came back in her office after attending a conference. She grabbed her phone and then her eyes popped out at the notification.

5 missed calls from Baekhyun.

She immediately called back but to no avail. It got straight to voicemail.

She sat on the chair tiredly with a huff.
___________

The same thing happened next morning. She waited for his call the night before yet he never called. He left a message which read "How was your day?" In response, she sent a huge paragraph of her routine.

After that, she starts sending him all the details about her day without expecting a reply. 

That night he called and she happened to be in the kitchen making dinner for herself. She started to keep her phone near her in case he called.

She picked it up immediately, knocking down a glass in the process.

"Hello?" She breathed out.

"I missed your voice" His response came.

She pursed her lips together at that, not able to form a sentence.

"What have you been doing?" He asked when she didn't say anything.

She came back to her senses "I'm making dinner" 

"I'm missing your food too" He said.

She took a sharp breath "You only miss my cooking and my voice huh".

"No I'm missing you terribly" He said with husky voice.

She looked down at her feet, gnawing at her lower lip, lost at words.

"I have to stay here for 3 more days" He said suddenly and she took her time to register his words.

"What? Why?" She asked with a scowl.

"There's things to do, it would take time" He explained.

She scoffed "Wow, you gotta be kidding me" 

"I'm serious" He said.

"Then don't come back at all, stay there forever. I'm having a great time alone" She hissed.

"Are we really doing this now?" He said tiredly and she lost it at that.

"Don't bother calling me anymore" With that, she hung up.

He called and called and she never picked up. She couldn't decipher what was happening to her, why was she feeling so cranky and pissed off. Baekhyun wasn't at fault but Jiah felt like he was ignoring her and that was enough for her to go nuts.
_____________

"I can't believe, he actually did it" Jiah exclaimed looking at the ring Soyoen was wearing.

"I can't believe either Jiah" Soyeon giggled.

"He was preparing for it since forever" Jiah smiled at Soyeon.

"Really?" Soyeon asked with disbelief.

Jiah nodded her head at that.

"I feel so lucky" Soyeon said looking at her ring.

Jiah smiled at her friend, Soyeon was glowing. She felt a tinge of envy looking at her friend. This was all she wanted too. To get a proposal from the love of your life, to get married with that glow on your face. She was happy for her friends but she couldn't shrugg off the feeling of loneliness.

She became more cranky after that. Baekhyun called and talked while she only replied to him rudely or with a hum. Sometimes he cut the call, angry at her. Sometimes she didn't pick up at all.
______________

Jiah was busy preparing dinner when the doorbell rang. She washed her hands in the sink and scurried towards the door.

Her breath caught in when she saw the person in front of her. Baekhyun put down his bags and pulled her into a hug with a gentle smile.

She stiffened and then relaxed in his arms. All of her anger vanished. She felt at peace.

"How? You were supposed to come tomorrow" She choked out in his chest.

He rubbed her back gently "I did everything as fast as i can".

She pulled away and searched his face. He had his usual smile on his face.

"I'm hungry" He made a face at her.

Her eyes popped out of her sockets and the she ran straight away towards the kitchen while cursing profanities.

Baekhyun shook his head laughing and walked towards the kitchen too.

"It's almost ready, thank God it didn't burn" She said when he walked into the kitchen.

He stood in front of her "How have you been?" 

She looked up at his face, took in his features and then "How have you been?" She asked instead.

He shrugg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter