Chapter 15

You're My Little Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We reached home at 8 in the morning. I headed to my room taking my bags with me. I was exhausted.

"Jiah" Baekhyun's voice came.

"Yeah?" I turned to look at him.

His expressions were unreadable. He looked at me for a little while and then open his mouth to say something but closed it.

"Nothing" He shook his head, took a deep breath and headed to his room.

"What was that?" I thought and then shrugged. Not my concern.

I got inside, took a shower and came outside to make myself some coffee.

I was pouring coffee in my mug when Baekhyun came fully dressed up.

"You're going somewhere?" I asked taking my mug in my hands.

"Office" He said and grabbed a water bottle.

"You didn't even rest?" I said without thinking.

"Are you worried about me?" He tilted his head a little and smirked at me.

"You have colourful imagination" I scoffed.

"They need me there" He said drinking water directly from the bottle.

He looked exhausted.

"What about breakfast?" Before i stopped myself I asked and then bit my tongue a little.

He's gonna tease me again. 

"I don't have time" He shrugged grabbing his keys from the table.

He looked at me again with that unreadable expression and then walked past me.

I walked behind him to the lounge.

"I'll pick you up at 2. Mom invited us for lunch" He said looking at me.

"Sure" I shrugged.

"You can rest in the meantime" He said and walked away.

He looked more exhausted than me.

---------------

I woke up by the ringing of my phone. I grabbed it and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Jiah?" Baekhyun's voice came.

"I'm here" I said in raspy voice.

"Get up, I'll be there in 20 minutes" He said and cut the line.

I got up lazily and yawned. I grabbed a simple black dress and put it on. With a light makeup on i let my hair down on my back.

My phone rang and i grabbed it along with my heels.

"Yeah?" I answered putting the phone between my ear and shoulder so i can wear my heels.

"I'm here" He said.

"You're not?" I said confused.

"Come down" He said and I'm sure he rolled his eyes.

"Coming" I said and cut the line.

I grabbed my purse and ran outside.

"You didn't even freshen up?" I asked putting my seatbelt on.

"I'm fine" He said starting the car.

I looked at him. He looked totally worn out.

We arrived at his house in almost half hour. I took my seatbelt off and climbed out of the car.

"So what are your parents like?" I asked as we walked towards the door.

"My Mom is lovely" He said with a genuine smile.

I remembered the last time i met her. It was our wedding day. She told me i looked pretty with a warm smile and nothing more. We didn't get to talk more after that.

"And your dad?" I asked as we walked inside.

"He's fine, we don't get along that much" He shrugged.

There was no one in the lounge so he asked one of the maids about his mom. 

"She's in Kitchen" The maid said.

He walked towards i assume the kitchen. As we entered, I started to feel hungry because of how great the aroma was. I heard chattering and sounds of utensils. There were almost five servants working with his mom.

"I didn't know you were cooking today" Baekhyun said and walked towards his mom for a hug.

She smiled and engulfed him in a hug patting his back.

I was fidgeting at the back.

"How was your honeymoon? She asked him with a smile.

"Uh.. it was fine, we had fun right?" He said and turned towards me.

"Huh?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Come here dear" His mom said with a hand gesture.

I walked towards her and she gave me a hug.

"How are you?" She asked me with a tender smile.

"I'm good, You?" I asked her with a small smile.

Okay i was nervous.

"I'm fine too. You guys enjoyed your honeymoon right?" She said grabbing the bowl she was working on earlier.

"That we did, right Jiah?" Baekhyun said and i looked at him.

He had his playful grin on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes we had fun" I shrugged with a nervous laugh.

"Do you need help with that?" I asked her pointing at the bowl of salad.

"No no i can do that. Baekhyun why don't you show her your room?" She said turning towards him.

He was raiding the fridge.

"Do i need to?" He said with his mouth full. 

What was he eating?

"Why are you eating already?" She scolded him playfully.

"I'm hungry, i haven't had breakfast" He said grabbing the bowl of berries.

"Why?" She asked him and i gulped.

He's not gonna say i didn't make him breakfast, is he?

"I was getting late for office so i skipped it" He shrugged.

"You don't skip meals Baekhyun" She scolded him again this time serious.

"I won't mom" He rolled his eyes.

"Get her to your room, she might want to see it" She said and looked at me.

"Umm.. yeah sure" I said a little distracted.

"Follow me wifey" He said with a grin.

And i stopped myself from scoffing. His mom was smiling sweetly at us. 

I walked behind him and he suddenly stopped and i bumped at his back.

He turned and i scowled at him.

"Where's dad?" He asked his mom ignoring me.

"In his study" She replied and then he turned away.

We walked through the stairs. There was a hall with three rooms. He skipped first room and opened the door to second room. He let me walk inside first.
The first thing i noticed was the big picture above his bed wall. It was a candid shot. There were two boys completely soaked in water with water pipes in their hands aiming at each other with goofy grins. The red head i can recognize as young Baekhyun and other one had black hair and he was kinda similar to Baekhyun so i assume it was his brother. His dead brother to be precise. 

"You had red hair?" I asked him amused.

"Don't judge" He rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna say hi to dad, I'll be back" He said walking out of the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter