Chapter 24

You're My Little Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sleepy?" Baekhyun asked her after they got back home.

She thought for a while and then shook her head.

"Let's watch a movie then" He stood up to go towards the rack of DVDs.

"I'll make coffee" She announced and scurried towards the kitchen.

Baekhyun looked at her retreating figure and broke into a smile.

She came back with two mugs in her hands "What are we watching?" She asked handing him the mug.

He took it and then pat the space beside him while looking at her. She plopped down beside him.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked while blowing away the steam of his coffee with a puff.

She thought for a moment "Uhh i don't know" She made a face.

"Let's watch La La Land" He said grabbing the DVD.

"Okay" She shrugged.

He scanned her face "You haven't watch it yet?" 

She shook her head "No".

"It's gonna be fun" He grinned mischievously.

She squinted her eyes at him "What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Nothing" He chuckled and pressed the play button.

In between the movie, she turned her face towards him, he was looking at the screen with so much attention. 

Her coffee started to taste bitter.

"Don't look at her like that" She scowled at him.

He blinked at her "Like what?" 

"Like you're undressing her with your eyes" She rolled her eyes.

"But she's so beautiful" He looked at the screen dreamily.

Her eyes flickered at screen and she frowned "I don't like her nose" 

"Who cares about the nose, i like her hair" He said without giving her a glance.

She blinked and then looked towards the screen again.

Baekhyun chuckled and pulled her closer by the shoulders "You're not so intelligent"

She tried to remove his hands around her shoulders but he was stronger.

She stopped struggling after a while and focused her attention on the movie.
_____________

"Why are you crying?" Baekhyun laughed.

She sniffled "You didn't tell me that they wouldn't end up together"

"I didn't know you would cry" He said as a matter of fact.

"Why didn't they end up together?" She cried again.

"That's just a movie Jiah" Baekhyun softly said.

"A movie with sad ending" She wiped the tears off of her cheeks.

"Do you want me to sing for you?" He said suddenly.

She looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows "Are you serious?" 

He nodded and then moved towards his room. 

He came back with a guitar in his hands.

"How come i didn't see this before?" She looked at him incredulously.

"It was locked in the closet" He cheekily remind her.

"Why?" She tilted her head slightly.

He remained silent for a while and then said "I stopped playing after he died" 

Jiah's stomach dropped. He smiled at her and then started to play it slowly.

His voice was soothing and pleasing she noticed. The type of voice you would want to hear when you lay down to sleep.

She smiled listening to him. He looked at her with adoration. 

She had peaceful sleep after so long that night.
_____________

"How about this?" Jiah asked, with a shirt in one hand to Soyeon who made a face in return.

Jiah frowned "You've no taste".

"Excuse me, I've great taste" She shot back.

Jiah smiled teasingly "Yeah you do, otherwise you won't like Chanyeol, he's a great guy" 

Soyeon turned crimson, lost at words and then she cleared and said "Correction-- i love Chanyeol" 

"Awwww" Jiah laughed teasingly.

"What? You love Baekhyun as well" Soyeon wiggled her eyebrows at her.

Jiah rolled her eyes though her face brightened at his name "How can you claim that?" 

"Come on, your eyes starts to twinkle whenever you hear his name and you gets all bright" Soyeon scoffed at her.

"You know, he's one of those people who are just light. You see them and suddenly you feel so warm inside and they look at you and smile at you with the warmest light in their eyes and you just want to be close to them and you wish some of their lights transfers onto you" She smiled in Oblivion.

"Oh my God" Soyeon exclaimed and Jiah looked at her alert.

"You're crazy in love" Soyeon said exasperated.

Jiah looked at her speechless and then shook her head "You're mistaken I don't love him".

She was still in denial and Soyeon felt like pulling her hair out of her scalp in frustration over her non observant friend.

"Ugh, you irritate me" She scowled at her oblivion friend.

"Look maybe i don't hate him like i did in the beginning but i don't love him okay" Jiah said tiredly.

"Alright stay in denial, we'll see. I'll ask you this question again, after maybe one month and your answer will change" Soyeon looked at her, eyes gleaming with challenge.

"Deal" Jiah shrugged, too confident in herself.
___________

"You guys shop too much" Chanyeol exclaimed when they got inside the apartment with so many bags in their hands.

Baekhyun took it out of Jiah's hands immediately and Jiah smiled at him.

"Why, are you angry?" Soyeon raised her eyebrows.

"Yes i am, i have only one emotion and that's anger" Chanyeol nodded solemnly.

"Last night you sent me thousands of heart emojis" She scoffed.

Chanyeol took out his phone immediately, pressed a few times and then looked up at her "Yeah out of anger" He nodded at her.

"Help me Park" Soyeon growled at him, showing her hands full of bags.

Chanyeol immediately ran to take it from her.

"Learn something from your short friend here" She rolled her eyes.

Chanyeol started laughing hysterically while Baekhyun sent a hurtful "Hey" towards her while Jiah also burst into laughter.

"I'm not that short, why are you guys keep fixating on that" He scowled at them.

"Oh Baek you're short, admit it" Chanyeol said sympathetically, struggling to breath.

"You guys are best friends, I can't believe" Soyeon shook her head.

"You know, he and i teamed up years ago, they used to call us Fire and Nice, i was Fire because of my red hair and he called Nice which was ironic because he wasn't" Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol.

"Alright, let's do this some other time, I'm hungry" Jiah called out.

"You take way too much his side" He looked at her with hurt.

"Don't be so dramatic" She grabbed his shoulders and pushed him towards the kitchen.
_____________

When Jiah arrived at her office, She felt all eyes on her, she thought maybe she's seeing things but then Hana gave her a look and she  immediately scurried towards her.

"Am i the only one uncomfortable with the stares" She asked in hushed whisper.

"Of course they're looking at you" Hana gave her an apologetic shrug.

"Exactly, why?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I assume you didn't see it yet?" Hana scanned her face.

"What?" Jiah looked at her confused.

Hana pulled out her phone and showed her the screen, there was an interview of Park Sungjae which got published this morning.

Jiah scrolled down to read, her face changed colours, she started to fume wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter