List of what you should[not] do when your girlfriend’s ex broke up: guidelines from SinB

Unlucky

"Did you guys hear about it?!" Yuju screams ecstatically once she sees Umji and SinB on the couch enjoying something on the TV. 

The two just stares at her blindly, not even nodding or shaking their heads, responding to her question. But, that doesn't stop Yuju from skipping excitedly from the door to the couch where the two are. She has been keeping it to herself and she almost goes insane when she thinks about it on her own along the bus ride back from work just now. Yuju has been eager to share the news and her theories and predictions of what's going to happen next ever since she heard about it in the change room after her shift ended. She even spend half an hour slowly taking of her scrubs and change just so she can eavesdropped the heated conversation of a group second and third-year interna about the news. Yes, she is a gossiper, and this is some of the things they will do, eavesdrop.

"What is this news about that makes you all giddy up?" asks Umji as Yuju drops everything on the floor and sit on the coffee table, right in front of them, blocking the TV, making a statement that everyone should be focusing on her instead of the TV.

"I'm glad you ask." Yuju smiles broadly before inhales deeply.

'No honey, you make me ask,' is what Umji wanted to respond to her girlfriend but kept it inside because Yuju is way too excited to even listen to her rebuttal. Plus, it's good to see Yuju all worked up as the girl has been so caught up with work life that she seems lifeless. 

"So...when I was changing after shift, I heard that the hospital's cutest couple broke up!" says Yuju giddily.

"Who?" asks SinB, genuinely have no idea who is Yuju referring to.

"You know them. The cutest couple in our hospital. We were sitting at the same table as them in the cafeteria once. C'mon SinB, you know them. They are doctors, one is smaller than the other."

Yes Yuju, great hint, I am sure I can guess who is it from that information. Nothing is flashing in her mind, SinB is still clueless as before she got the hint from Yuju. Yes, sure there are other professions in the hospital and doctor-doctor couple narrows down the possibilities from thousands to hundreds, but that are still a lot to sort out. And she is sure enough that every couple is not of the same size or height, there will always be someone smaller than the other. Sitting at the same table, did narrow it down to probably twenty or thirty people. Still, no one rings the bell. She is ready to give up and she did ask Yuju to just tell them already, but Yuju insists that she guess who the couple is. 

"Both men and women in the hospital are jealous of them. You got it now?"

Yuju has somehow turns this into a quiz game. She throws in a few hints every few minutes passed with silence from SinB's end. 

"I don't know. I guess the god of brightness is not on my side tonight, Yuju. Just tell us already," SinB raises up her hand surrendering.

"Not us, you. I know who it is already, SinB," Umji smirks at her.

"Fine, tell me alrea-" suddenly it hits SinB. With the hint Yuju gave earlier, one is smaller, both surgeons, men and women are jealous of them, they sat together at a table once, all of them pointed to the WonHa couple.

"It's S-"

"SeulRene. Yes, finally! You got it. Dr Bae Irene and Dr Kang Seulgi. They broke up!" Yuju cuts SinB and excitedly revealed the name of the couple.

Luckily Yuju cuts her before she can finish saying the name she thought is the correct one. She just realised that people might not know about Sowon and Eunha being a couple, unlike Seulgi and Irene who made it known to people working with them. She knew that Irene wasn't the one who wants to publicly admit she is dating Seulgi, but the latter wanted it. She heard that Seulgi was pushing for them to be publicly known as a couple because she wanted Yerin to know it and stay away from her girlfriend. Which, to no avail, doesn't seem to work at all. Yerin and Irene is still as close as before.

Yes, Yerin and her ex-girlfriend, Irene is still close. They are close, just like before they broke up years ago. They are close. ! She is close with Irene unnie. Irene unnie broke up with Seulgi. Yerin, Irene. No, no, no. This is not true. I'm sure it's just rumours.

"And I was thinking on the bus ride home some of the theories they were saying in the change room. They were saying that the reason for them to broke up might because of..."

Okay, we got that the first time. Now, what they were saying? Why did they broke up?

SinB eagerly waits for Yuju to spill out the reason why do they think caused Irene and Seulgi to break up. It seems that the topic has got her full attention now that the thought of Yerin and Irene used to be lovers crossed her mind. 

Yuju presented a few theories she heard and some of hers as well. Amongst them is, Chief Bae doesn't approve the relationship, which she doesn't agree of because it has been going on for some time. If the Chief doesn't approve, he must have told his daughter earlier and the relationship might not bloomed and made public in the first place. Plus, she had dinner with Chief Bae and his family once, it doesn't seems like he disapproved the relationship, but he is not keen on talking about it either. Her wife on the other hand, probably likes Yerin more than Seulgi, but she doesn't disapprove them, it's just she seems to be still hung up on Yerin. However, thi is not a convincing theory.

The next one is one of them might have found another person. That's why they broke up. Well, for SinB, this is possible but, unlikely. Why? Because they are both busy, it's not as easy as it seems to meet a new person and fall in love with them. It's true because she just met them a few weeks ago and they seem to be doing just fine. There's no sign of either one if them is falling out of love, but we can never be sure if what they were portraying was the look of them in love. It can be that they are just holding on to something that is not there for a long time. This theory has more weights than the other one.

"But most of us think that this one might be the reason," says Yuju rather seriously.

"Wait, most of you? Who is this 'us'? There are lots of you?" asks SinB confusedly.

"Well yes, me... those second and third years' interns in the change room, and look! These people," Yuju shows SinB and Umji her phone.

Really, people?! There are group of people talking and discussing about this matter online. Don't they have better things to do than to spend time discussing the reasons why Irene and Seulgi broke up? Heh, look who's talking. You are talking about it, aren't you? And you seemed to be taking this seriously, more than Umji.

SinB turns to look at Umji and yes, her inner self was right, she is more involved in the discussion than Umji. Umji just laid back and listen to what her girlfriend is saying, more like doing what she is supposed to do as a good girlfriend she is. Not taking it particularly into her head and think about it seriously. But, she can't helped it.

"So, we think that this has got to do with Dr Jung." 

"Dr Jung Yerin?" asks SinB, and Yuju look at her as if she just uttered the most stupid thing a person could let out of their mouth.

"Duhh. Of course Dr Jung Yerin. Surely it's not the other cute Dr Jung Eunha. She is cute, she really is. Hmm, but I am not sure if she is seing someone or not." 

"Okay, we get that Dr Jung Eunha is cute, pretty and amazing. Moving on. What's this theory of yours about Dr Jung Yerin?" Umji asks, annoyed by her girlfriend yapping about how cute another woman is in front of her.

"Um yeah, sorry babe. So, we bet that Dr Irene is still in love with Dr Jung and that's the reason she broke it off with Dr Kang." 

Yuju says it confidently as if it is really the case. The woman even stares at the ceilings, like she is rethinking about her own theory before feeling satisfied and clenches her fist, confirming that what she thought is right. Yuju's confidence boosted up with Umji's support to her theory, worrying SinB. Of all people, Umji usually the one who is logical than them, so if Umji gives a thumbs up to something, they can rest assure that whatever it is they are doing or talking about is in the right direction. Hearing Yuju elaborates more on her reason to as why Yerin is the cause of the break up is the last thing SinB remembered, she doesn't even realised that she is already laying on her bed, staring into the dark with her mind busy thinking about Yerin and Irene.

***
Two months had passed, two miserable months would be more accurate to refer the hellish months SinB had went through ever since the news about Seulrene couple break up. She can't possibly blame others for it. No, SinB believes she can put some of the blame on Yerin for feeding her fears.

If only you didn't do what we expected you would do, Yerin... then I wouldn't be staring out the window, crossing the list of things one should [not] be doing when their girlfriend's ex broke up. It's not like everything I did was wrong. You should've known better, Yerin. I am a woman, a normal one, who overthink and get jealous of their girlfriend who has a goddess as an ex. I am not at fault, am I? A bit, you are at fault, especially when she already apologised and you kept going with your crazy act. Really? Don't you think you can be on my side for once? Can't you be a little less self-conscious this time? So...I'm not that crazy, am I? Not going to answer that. I don't think so, it is well justified, my act and because I have my reason. Well, let's review the list of behaviour that we [should not] portrayed for the past months, shall we?

One: [don't] accused your girlfriend of doing and knowing every little things about her just single ex-girlfriend

I am sure it is perfectly justified when I snapped at her when she knows every little things about Irene? Why would an ex-girlfriend knows about her daily schedule? Ask me if I knew my ex's schedule. You, don't have one. Shut up. Wait, you had one. Oh, that one? I don't even know their whereabouts. So, I was right wasn't I? Look at me, not only that I don't know their schedule, I don't even know where they are. So, why was it wrong of me to snap at Yerin? You know why, let me jog your memory for a while.

"Hey honey, I've checked, you friends are working tonight. Let's get some dinner and go back to our place, shall we?" 

SinB was surprised by the sudden whispers in her ears and turn around to see Yerin grinning at her while reading a patient's chart. 

"Oh? Who's schedule you've checked as well? Irene?!" SinB's responded to a normal whisper tone question with an angry whisper tone.

"Huh? I do know Irene's schedule. Attending's schedule are posted in our break room. Why do you want to know her schedule?" asked Yerin confusedly, continues writing in the patient's ticket.

"Huh. Well then, you can go back home with her. After all, she needs you, right?" SinB's clenched her fist, getting angrier as her girlfriend just responded to her nonchalantly. She forgot that she is holding a patient's ticket and it gets crumpled pretty bad since she just squeezed them.

"What? I want to go back to our place with you. Why do I have to go back home with Irene? She is not done with her surgery, I don't think it's going to finish any time soon." Yerin took the patient's ticket from SinB and straightened the papers so she can review the case.

Yerin's answer just send chills to SinB's spine. Her blood is boiling and she clenched her teeth, attempting to control herself from screaming at the top of her lung in the ward full with patients trying to rest seeing that it's almost 7 in the evening.

"Oh, so you know everything Irene do. Well, you can wait for her, and drive her home then!"

"What? Why would I do that? What's gotten into you? Are you on your period? Your shift is ending, mine too. I would like us, you, SinB, my girlfriend and me, your girlfriend to go back home together. Would you be willing to do that?" Yerin started getting seriously annoyed with SinB referring everything to Irene. 

SinB shoots a deadly glares at Yerin before storming out of the ward. She is getting angrier at Yerin for blaming nature, her period for her behaviour. Of course she is mad, one, because she is not on her period, and two, it is solely because Yerin seemed to know everything about Irene. SinB walked straight to the break room with Yerin following her not far away, but it is way too far from their every day walking distance from each other to avoid rumours. 

"So, are why going back together or not?" asks Yerin softly when they ride the lift to their own respective change room.

And for a harmless, simple question, Yerin just got angry glare, side-eyeing and grunts as a response. And, she didn't understand what does it means. Is it a solid no? A maybe? Or a hell yes? Seeing that her girlfriend is mad, Yerin just kept mum so she wouldn't get yelled at. 

Yerin was walking to her car in the basement parking lot and got a little surprised when she saw SinB is walking towards the same direction. When SinB finally arrived at her car, Yerin foolishly asked SinB, "oh, so we are going back together?"

"Are you kidding me? I'm your girlfriend, aren't I? Or would you rather go home with Irene?! You know what? Fine, don't bother about me, I'll go home on my own," SinB finally lets out the anger she had been holding in ever since this morning.

"Hey, hey, stop. Let's go home together. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I said, for everything I didn't say, and things I did that make you angry at me. I'm sorry." Yerin catch SinB's arm and apologises before softly leading the girl back to her car.

SinB followed Yerin in silence. But she snapped again when Yerin starts apologising in the car.

"Don't apologise if you don't mean it!".

That marks the end of their conversation for the day. For three days, as the matter of fact.

Two: [don't] questions accused your girlfriend on her role in the break up.

Wait, this makes the list too, conscious inner self SinB?

Was I being irrational when I was simply asking her if she has anything to do with Irene's breakup? I was asking, and she could just say no.

Hey SinB, you weren't just asking. And, she did say no, but you didn't believe her. Allow me to jog your memory back.

SinB couldn't think of an excuse anymore to turn Yerin down, so here she is, waiting by the woman's car. She didn't get much sleep for the past two nights as she was busy overthinking about Irene's breakup and her relationship with Yerin. She can't possibly talk it out with her bestfriends as Umji and Yuju don't know about them and she intended to keep it that way. SinB knew her mother and surely she had contacted Umji and asked that sweet girl to keep an eye on her. She also can't go and rant out to her other friends, of course not to Eunha and Sowon because there are Yerin's friends, and Irene, she is the key player of SinB's whole self-made drama. So, she keeps having a discussion with her inner-self, who is surprisingly not a big supporter of her. 

"Hey, baby. Sorry I'm late. Got held up by a case," greets Yerin before opening the car's door for her.

SinB gets in the car and all thanks to her conscious inner-self, SinB managed to keep her cool by not thinking about Irene. 

"Oh, a case? Were you still with a patient? I can go back on my own, or I can wait for you, you don't have to drive me home," said SinB, getting ready to get out of the car.

"No, no. It's okay. She is in a good hand now. We already did our part, the O&G team is doing their part now. But, I do need to come back here after I dropped you home," explains Yerin as she drives out of the basement parking.

"Seriously Yerin? You have to mention her name, don't you?" Every single time we talk, you have to mention Irene's name," snapped SinB.

"What? I didn't say her name. You did," rebutted Yerin.

"Oh? You didn't? Who else in the O&G team if it wasn't Dr Bae Irene? Chief Bae?" asked SinB sarcastically.

"What?" Yerin was taken aback by SinB's accusations. She is fighting the urge to look into SinB's direction as she is driving and there are surprisingly lots of cars on the road tonight.

"Don't. Stop acting so surprised. I wasn't going to ask, but, you are asking for it. You talked to Irene unnie and caused their breakup, didn't you?" accused SinB.

"What are you talking about? They both adults. They make their own decision," responds Yerin, trying her best not to lost her cool.

"Well, well, you didn't even deny that. You don't dare to deny that because it's the truth. So, you did talked to her. I thought so. Please spare me, let me know if you are going back together," SinB's voice becomes softer, she is choking, trying not to cry. 

"No. No. Yes, I did talk to her. But I have nothing to do with their breakup. And no, what are you talking about? I am here with you, you are my girlfriend, you, Hwang SinB. Irene and I, we were over years ago," Yerin explains wholeheartedly.

"Yeah right, you two were over," scoffed SinB.

"You knew this. Our relationship ended years ago."

"It wasn't ended by your choice, though. I'm sure you are ready to jump back in. After all, you did talk to Irene. Who knows what did you two talk about..." SinB didn't stop her accusation, keep grilling Yerin to the woman's core.

"No. Hey, listen to me. We did talk. But, I got nothing to do with their breakup. Irene and I, we are friends. It doesn't matter how it ended, it ended. We have come to term with it," Yerin was at the verge of losing her cool. She really hates it when people accused her of something and still didn't believe what she said she didn't do.

"You have come to term. But, did she? She wanted you back, and you, you are going to give her what she wants, like you always do." SinB couldn't stop and now she is accusing her girlfriend with tears rolling over her cheeks.

"I can't say what she is feeling. What I know, I love you. You, Hwang SinB is the one I am with now. I love you," Yerin frustratedly convinced her lover where her heart lies now.

Before SinB got to say anything, Yerin's phone buzzed. And fate has always been treating Yerin cruelly, it was Irene calling her. Automatically, SinB scoffs at what was happening. Yerin ignored the call the first time, but couldn't ignored the call as she knew it was related to their work, not anything else. She had no other choices but to pick up the phone and dismissed the caller as quick as possible.

"Go ahead, your girl is calling you," said SinB sarcastically, but evidently somber.

"It's work. Believe me please, it's about wor-" 

A call from Irene again disrupted Yerin and this time she picked up the phone, assuring the woman on the other line that she is turning back to the hospital. 

"Go. You, Jung Yerin who was said to be with me is turning away and running towards the woman she said she is done with. Go. Good bye." SinB gets out of the car, walked straight to her apartment's building. 

Yerin chase after SinB and planted a chaste kiss on the woman's cheeks. She muttered an apology before turning around, walking towards her other mode of transportation. SinB turned around and stared at the Yerin's back that is getting farther away from her. She cried a river as she screamed Yerin's name and the woman only yelled out her apology as she climbed on her superbike.

"You know I don't want you to ride that thing! Stop!" screamed SinB.

"I know baby. I'm sorry. Forgive me, but I need to hurry. I love you, I'll be safe. I'm sorry, SinB," said Yerin when she stopped by SinB. Yerin assuredly runs her finger on SinB's cheeks to stop the tears, event though she knew it wouldn't do any good. With a heavy heart, Yerin left behind the woman she loves the most, still crying over their unfinished fight and her action, the one thing SinB asked her not to do anymore, riding her superbike.

SinB picked herself up not long after the loud sounds of the hated superbike exhaust faded and walked to the lift. She was still crying, so she decided to take the stairs to the sixth floor instead of taking the lift. Nobody used the stairs, so SinB let out a wailing or two as she climbed the stairs. She took unusually long time to get to the sixth floor as she leaned against the wall to cry her heart out more than once throughout the climb. 

As soon as SinB arrived at her doorstep, her phone buzzes indicating that she got a text message. She ignored it, wiping off the liquid oozing out of her nose and eyes before going into her house. SinB's mind wasn't straight enough for her to remember whether Umji and Yuju are home or not, but straight enough for her to make herself presentable before going into their shared house. Not long after, her phone buzzed continuously, implying that several text messages are received and the vibration didn't stop. SinB ran to her room to avoid bumping into Umji and Yuju. She fished out her phone, hoping to see Yerin's name on the screen, only to be disappointed. It was the group text messages, the ones she was added to by her resident that grouped all the interns in the hospital.

Monster code activated. Red code! All first years interns, get the hell out of Jung Yerin's way. Take cover. Second and third years, cover for your juniors. Everyone please report your status ASAP. May all of us survived the night. Everyone, good luck.

SinB read the first text sent by the intern's representative, followed by the text messages from other first, second and third year interns, each updating their status and prayers for those who are in battlefield. A new text came in and it was from Umji, updating her status - off and at home, stay safe everyone. SinB then only realised that Umji is in the room next to her and followed suit. Although she didn't quite understand what that was all about. She was typing her question when Yuju's text came in, updating her status: night shift, ortho, and what is this all about?  SinB waits for someone who is typing a reply, and luckily it wasn't another status update but an explanation. Explanation that stings SinB's heart. 

Dr Jung Yerin is not in a good mood. She is in her monstrous mode. So, all first year interns or anyone who is new, avoid Dr Yerin at all cost. Your second and third year sunbaes will cover for you unless you are stupid enough to get chewed alive, and possibly ends your career. Remember this and do it for your hoobaes later on.

And the group was busy for the following 24-hours with people updating their status and the status of the emergency room where Yerin is apparently at. It was the longest shift for some people who had to work alongside Yerin as she was covering the ER that night, and the scariest surgeries that they have ever scrubbed in in their entire career's history. SinB was a bit shocked and worried when she saw a text saying that a newbie was trying to show off and got chewed alive by Yerin. Some of the group members shared their sympathy and some were giving the man's a knock on his head for acting stupidly when everyone has been warned. Apparently that new guy thought he was big and clever enough to win against Yerin.

Three: [don't] secretly hoping that someone give your girlfriend a lesson beating for making you feel like

I'm going to put that down. She will learn a good lesson tonight, woman can never be mightier than man. And all you coward men afraid of Yerin, where's your ball? All of you are going to thank me tonight.

SinB reads the text the said guy sent to the group message and she somehow secretly hoping that the guy succeeds. She didn't share the same sentiment as the guy but, she didn't mind if Yerin get a beating or two. SinB cried herself to sleep whilst trying to get everything out of her mind.

**

"Hey first year, get out, we got it here," Dr Park said to the first year intern who is preparing in the trauma bay for an incoming trauma case.

"No way, I got here first. You can get the hell out of here! I'm not going to let you steal my thunder," the intern rebutted, continue downing the blue-coloured disposable gown.

"What? Didn't you read the text. This is Dr Jung Yerin's case, so first year intern should stay out, all second and third years will cover you guys. Go! Get out!" Dr Park continues shooing him away.

"Me? Walking out from a case? Never! Jackson never walks away from a good case like this. I am not afraid of some , shooh, I don't need a babysitter," scoffed Jackson arrogantly.

"Silence! If you can't do that, get the hell out of my bay." 

Yerin sternly warned the trauma team members in the bay as she wears the the gown, waiting for the gurney with their trauma patient come rolling in with three EMTs. There was a teenage girl covered in blood in her head and top half of her body. 

"17 year old girl. Got shot in a convenience store robbery. Was talking at the scene. A gunshot wound (GSW) on the left temporal. Shot through and through.Two GSWs on the left chest and one on the right chest. No exit wound. Cardiac arrest times one en route."

Everyone was quiet, focused and listened to the EMT handover, mentally prepared for the organised chaos in a few moments. 

"Heard!" And it began.

"Primary assessor. Vitals. We need a central line," ordered Yerin to the trauma team who already knew their role. 

"If you can't do it, get the hell out of here. Get the line." 

Once again Yerin gave the same instruction, demanding the expected outcome that should have been established seconds ago. Handling trauma cases are counted for each seconds, it is very important for the vitals intervention to be delivered within seconds to speed up an accurate assessments of the injuries sustained by the patient. 

"Nurse Chou take over, and you incompetent imbecile, get the hell out of here!" Yerin instructed Jackson to get out of the trauma bay as the intern has not been able to get the central line so they can hook the patient up to the monitors, which will be a great way to monitor the vitals and for them to give the patient any liquid required whilst the body been examined. Jackson was shoved to the side and within seconds the experienced trauma nurse was able to set the line and administered the patient with a crystalloid fluid and a bag of blood. 

Yerin didn't bat an eyelash of the incompetent intern because right now the priority is the patient lying on their table who is still in a critical condition. The primary assessor, one of the residents report back to Yerin who is leading the trauma team for the case. Yerin looked at the patient, the vitals and make a thorough and quick assessment in her head before giving her team members of what they should do to stabilise the patient. As she was about to give orders, she saw blood gushed out of the patient's chest and the arrogant, stupid intern by the patient.

"You idiot! Dr Park get that out of here!" Yerin yelled at Jackson as everyone else in the room hurriedly doing their own role to counteract the stupid move by Jackson. Dr Park immediately drag Jackson by force out of the trauma bay as Jackson insisted on staying there, he struggled as he was being dragged, reaching for anything he can get a hold of, making a mess in the already messed trauma bay.

Yerin and the rest of the team try their hardest to control the bleeding caused by Jackson unauthorised stupid action of pulling out a bullet from the patient's chest. The one that was thought to have penetrated the patient's heart as seen on the scan, and have been reported just minutes ago. Everyone does what they are instructed to the best of their abilities that everyone look like they were holding in their breath until the patient's bleeding was able to slowed down and the heart beat to the rhythm they wanted it to be. 

At this time, one of the nurse in the team has already paged the cardiothoracic surgeon, neurosurgeon and plastic surgeon on call for the case. As they thought the patient is already stabilised, the patient had a cardiac arrest and everyone is implementing the resuscitation protocol to get the teenage girl back to a so-called alive state. In that condition, one might feel she is good as dead. The team worked together to stabilise the girl before rolling the girl to the operating room they have had the OR team prepared for them. The girl obviously needed an emergency surgery seeing the condition she was in.

Two nurses and Dr Park was rolling the stretcher with the patient who they were able to stabilise to the booked OR and Yerin was taking off the bloody gown and gloves when Jackson barged into the trauma bay that he was thrown out of. Jackson threw a punch at the unaware Yerin. The punch was quite hard and Yerin wasn't prepared to duck that it dropped Yerin to the floor. 

"What the f**k?" mumbled Yerin outraged at the low blow punch.

Yerin got off the floor and stared at Jackson for a few seconds before leaving the trauma bay towards the OR where her patient is being taken to. She has no intention of hearing that intern out or care for the reason he did what he did. She did has the intention of punched the arrogant imbecile head in the face because he punched her when she wasn't anticipating it, but, she get ahold of herself to not do it. Yerin wasn't going to add punching an intern while on the clock to the list of her behavioural misconduct kept by Chief Bae, it was not worth it. Yerin left Jackson even if he was staring at her, wanting to talk or rather fight about what happened. She has no time nor the mood to engage in that idiocies.

"Stop, you jerk!" 

Yerin ignored the intern and walked away. She has no idea who the intern that she never saw before this, but he just did the most stupid thing to do for someone who went to medical scholl. She knew one thing, that is the intern will be reprimanded accordingly because his stupidity was caught on camera. After the incident few years ago, every trauma bay was installed with a CCTV and that idiot pulled out a bullet without orders and punched an attending who was leading a trauma case. It might not end his career but he will never step into Yerin's trauma case for years, he can just be under other trauma surgeon's service. Yerin saw with the corner of her eyes that the intern is trailing her cursing her, she slowed down a bit and waited for him before letting the door she was holding. It hit him right in his face. Yerin smiled and jogged to the OR where everyone is waiting for her.

As Yerin looking out through the glass panel separating her and the girl who sustained multiple gunshot wounds laying on the metal operating table hooked up to a few machines, still on the brink of death. She had to do all she can possibly do to try and save every patient on her table. This is what she always do, she will prepare herself as she scrubs, clearing her mind of anything else beside the surgery and patient who is counting on her. Yerin finished scrubbing and as the OR nurse is gowning her, she got punched, once again, by surprise, again! Only this time, she didn't lose her footing, she was only swayed but she is still standing.

"You piece of . Someone page security and get this man out. I need to scrub again," sighed Yerin stepping on the intern's feet on her way back to disinfect herself as Jackson just touched her.

***

SinB watched the video uploaded by one of the interns in the group text message. Her eyes went wild. 

Jackson?! Why did he do that? Punching an attending. Wait, that's Yerin. That's stupid.

SinB read all the text messages posted last night. Confirmed. Jackson punched Yerin in the face. Not once, but twice. The interns in the group texted non-stop, commenting on Jackson's idiotic action, discussing on what will happened to him and sharing the hellish but most exciting night for them to assist in Yerin's surgery.

Suddenly, a text message from Jackson came in. SinB read it, Jackson was stupid enough to share with a big group of people that he might not know every one of them that he, according to him was 'brave enough' to put Yerin in her place by soapsocked her when the surgeon took a nap after the surgery that he was threw out from. SinB thought Jackson's act was a stupid, career-ending move. For her, it doesn't matter how monstrous Yerin might be acting when she threw out Jackson from the trauma bay, violence is never the answer.

I thought you wanted someone to give Yerin a good beating? Your prayer has been answered. You have always been lucky your entire life, things happened the way you wanted to. Yah! I didn't hope Yerin got beaten by someone. And, I haven't been lucky in my love life, so, that's not everything. Really SinB? That's what you're thinking of right now? Not how Yerin was doing? If she's injured? How bad is the injury? No? Nothing at all? I never thought you are like that... Stop it. Of course I'm worried. Yerin will text me and tell me how she was doing.What? You are not going to ask her how is she doing? Are we really that mad at her? She said she had nothing to do with the breakup, believe her, SinB, she is Yerin.

Four: [don't] apologise 

Surely SinB was worried about Yerin, but she can't simply asked the woman how is she doing. If she asked her, then Yerin will be suspicious and she might start asking how did she know about her condition. Then, Yerin might know that the interns have a group text message with everyone is in the group, talking about her, calling her names and cursing her from time to time. Plus, with the way she acted yesterday, it wouldn't be right to just ask Yerin how is she doing. She has to apologise first, only then she can naturally asks Yerin how is she doing although she already knew. SinB didn't want to apologise because she believed that she is right. Apologising means accepting she is in the wrong. So, no. She is not apologising. SinB decided to wait for Yerin to text her or call her. Waited was what she did all day. Her girlfriend didn't text her or call her, not even once.

And, five: [don't] trust blindly everything you see!

SinB grunted as she was getting ready to go to work, yet Yerin still has not contacted her. She dressed up and went to work. She hoped she will meet Yerin at the hospital, but not in this way. SinB stares in raged at the two women she didn't want to see together right now. Irene and Yerin. Yerin is sitting on a bed in the ER, holding Irene's hand while the latter caressing her forehead lovingly. SinB clenched her teeth, her fingers automatically balled into a fist, pressed down hard onto her tote bag. Her breathing went erratic, her chest inflated and deflated as if she is tachycardic, her eyes went wild and she can't think straight. SinB had experienced the same physical symptoms before, the only difference is she was enjoying those moments before with Yerin exploring and bringing her to a new pleasure's peak. But, right now, it is caused by anger, and she detests it to the core.

Are you going to see her? Oh you bet I do. She is going to get of my mind. They both are. Hell yeah. I've been holding it in for far too long now. I am done. So done. Maybe...SinB, we should breath first, let's take our time and think, or ask someone, or ask Yerin herself? Oh I am breathing, too many if you are asking me, literally. Can't you count our heartrate? What are we going to ask Yerin? Hey, by any chance, are you the reason of Irene's breakup and can you confirm with me if you are cheating on me with her? Should we ask her that? I asked her the first question yesterday, remember? And remember what she said? She said no. Oh, so we are supposed to just believe her? Look in front of you, do you see what she is doing with Irene? She didn't even text or call, but spends time, holding hand and all with Irene. This is it. I am calling it. Before, it was Tzuyu, and now Irene? I'm not going to let my heart being toyed like this.

SinB fished out her phone and take a picture of Yerin and Irene. She left the ER without meeting Yerin as she planned with a decision. SinB changed into her sky blue coloured scrub and joined the rest of the interns for a new assignment briefing. Her mind wandered away, she didn't listen to a word that the chief of intern and resident said. SinB only focused on him momentarily as he was giving them the new assignment and their new schedule. She was forced to get out of her daze by Jackson's sudden outburst.

"You are suspended from any clinical duty until your disciplinary board hearing is completed. All your medical privileges as an intern in the hospital are revoke, starting now and will be restored accordingly followint the results of the hearing. Until then, please do not come to the hospital, unless if you have an emergency. You will be treated just like any other patient, with great care." 

"No. Hell no. I refuse to accept this. You! You bit*h, this must be your doing!" Jackson yelled at Yerin who was just arrive when Dr Choi Minho was informing Jackson in front of the all interns.

"You are absolutely right. This is my doing under the disciplinary board. In case you still don't know who I am. I'm Dr Jung Yerin, not your bit*h or anyone's bit*h, the member of the disciplinary board. Please remove yourself from the hospital compound in an orderly manner and wait for the representative of the board to notify you the date of the hearing. You may prepare your case while you are being suspended, if you want to. No lawyer or law representatives is allowed to present the case for you, but you are allow to seek their advice for defending your case." 

Thank you everyone, you may be dismissed." 

Most of the interns are making their way out to start their shift and everything should be over, but the arrogant Jackson still has something to say.

"You can't prove that I hit you. There is no evidence. So, there is no case. Take that you bit*h! I'm going to make sure you are going to get more than those bruises," Jackson smirked, looking at Yerin, challenging her.

Choi Minho heaves a sigh. As much as he hates Yerin and delighted to make her suffer, he can't close an eye for the fact that Jackson just confess to a misconduct in front of an entire room filled with interns, and a few surgeons who are also a member of the disciplinary board. It's not like he has a problem of being unethical, but, doing it in front of the crowd will tarnish his name and reputation. He has no choice to acknowledge the confession.

"Assault and batteries will be added to your charge, Dr. Wang as you have just confessed. I strongly suggest that you keep your mouth shut and leave this room instantly," said Choi Minho as he jots it in his planner.

"What?" asked Jackson, ignoring Minho's suggestion.

"The hearing was for the charge of reckless endangerment of patient, but looks like you just add another one for you. And just so you know, the hospital is monitored by CCTVs. Every nook and cranny, including the on-call room," Yerin pointed at the CCTV hanging down from the ceiling at the corner of the room before warning the other interns, "to the rest of you, please bemindful of your behaviour, stop talking about people's personal life."

"You are going to get it, Yerin. I'm going to make sure of it!" threatened Jackson as he was being dragged out of the room by his friend that Yerin recognized from the CCTV footage, guarding outside of the on-call room while she was battered by Jackson in her sleep.

Well, Yerin was asleep at first, after the first blow, she woke up, tried to defend herself but was held down by another two interns. While struggling to stop getting beaten, she injured her hand and by the fourth or fifth blow, she lost consciousness until a nurse woke her up with her screaming. The nurse was supposed to wake her up for the next patient, little that she expected, she was the patient.

Yerin walked into SinB's direction and her request for SinB to wait for a while to talk was clearly been heard by SinB and other people around them. She did that on purpose to guarantee SinB won't leave the scene with a reason that she didn't hear her calling. Yerin was not alone, Irene is by her side accompanying her, which makes SinB annoyed even more.

"SinB, my love. I need you to hear me out. First, the photo you sent me, there's an explanation for it. Irene wasn't caressing my forehead, she was reapplying the Steri strips that an intern messed up. The same intern manage to trip over the tray and the blade ended up sticking into my hand, so, Irene was pressing it down for me to while the nurse got there. Why I didn't do it myself with my own other hand, you might ask? Because if you are close enough, you can see that I had a cut on my other hand, preventing me from doing it. And now, for Irene and Seulgi's breakup. I didn't do anything to cause the breakup. I am her bestfriend, I lend my ears and shoulders whenever she needs it. That is all," explained Yerin without a stop or even a pause, not leaving a chance for SinB to speak her mind.

"Yes. Seulgi and I are both adults.What happened between us is on us, not anyone else's. Yerin has nothing to do with it, and she didn't even know sbout it until you broke the news to her. And yes, if you were asking Yerin if I still have feelings for her. But, whatever feelings I have for anyone is not anyone's business but mine. And whatever it is going on between you and Yerin, is between the two of you, do not drag me in," said Irene flatly before leaving the couple alone in the room.

"I know you said we were over in the text. But right now, I refuse to accept that as your final say because you haven't heard my side of the story. Now, I have explained myself and I will not question your decision after this. But, I do ask for your time to rethink about it with my explanation. My feelings for you is still the same, my promise for you remain unchanged. Take as little or as much time you need, you can let me know your decision. Whatever it is, I will respect them and I love you still. I'm sorry for everything I have done or haven't done, and thank you for everything," said Yerin while looking deep into SinB's eyes.

SinB didn't say anything in response and just leave the trauma surgeon there. She left the room without even looking back at Yerin.

***

And now, two months later, SinB is alone in her room, listing everything she had done with Yerin, listing things Yerin did and what she did to Yerin. She looked at the list, and stares at it when everything rewind in her mind. Two months has passed since Yerin said to her to rethink and she is only revisiting it now. SinB urged her inner self to think about it together.