Exorcism

Unlucky

”That’s enough! You are coming with me.” Sowon takes Yerin’s hand and drags her best friend with her. Her another hand is firmly holding Eunha’s. Sowon and Eunha walk, while Yerin is just dragged by the tall woman towards the basement parking where all their cars are parked. Sowon lead them to her car and ask Yerin to get into the backseats while Eunha casually gets into the passenger’s seat.

”Can you stop by my car, I need to get something,” said Yerin as soon as Sowon starts the engine.

Sowon stops in front of the cirrus white Mercedes-AMG A 45 4MATIC that belongs to Yerin. She feels sorry for the elegant, sporty car that probably half of the population in this hospital would die to drive, always stay static in the parking bay. Yerin only drives her car when she goes back to her parents’ house, if it’s raining, when she’s picking up and driving Eunha home, and if she goes back to her apartment when she got more than one day offs, which is not often.

It’s not like the woman doesn’t go home at all, she does, but she will ride her superbike to avoid traffic jam en route to the hospital since she only has a few hours of break. But, she spent most of her time in the hospital and uses her bicycle the most to travel from the hospital to the restaurants or convenience stores to eat or buy things she needs. Oh, and to that comic store she loves so much to get her supply of comics and mangas. She always go there whenever a new volume of One Piece and Detective Conan are out. Speaking of it, Sowon follows Yerin movement and she can see her friend is taking out some comic books from her car.

”Let’s go.” 

Unlike typical people, Yerin gets into the backseat of Sowon’s car and lies on her back instead of sitting. Yerin lies flat on the seat and rested her feet on the door’s pocket so the back part of her legs that are still painful, resulted from getting scalded by the hot coffee this morning didn’t grazed the leather seat. As expected, the traffic is quite heavy since it is the evening’s peak hour. Most office workers get off around the same time and everybody is trying to get home. Yerin just leisurely lies on the seat while reading the One Piece manga and giggles once in a while. She joins in Sowon and Eunha’s conversation when she has something to say or tease Sowon.

”By the way, why didn’t you ducked when the man throws that bottle at you? It’s been a few years now, he always comes and harass you. Why didn’t the police do anything about it?” complaints Sowon while still keeping her eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel. It is still hasn’t dawned on her that Yerin who is agile didn’t duck and get herself injured in a pathetic way.

Eunha who is observant quickly glances at Yerin through the side mirror to confirm her soul mate a.k.a best friend a.k.a ex-girlfriend’s reason before voice it out loud.

”The back of your knees must have been really painful, isn’t it? Her skin got scalded this morning, don’t you remember? Must have been really painful...” reasoned Eunha which Yerin agrees instantly. 

”I never lodge a report, the police couldn’t do anything. I think he might get into trouble this time around since I sustained an injury even if I don’t lodge an official report on him. I’m sure one of the nurses will or probably Chief will,” Yerin responded nonchalantly while finishing the comic book. Sowon nods her head in silence, continue to drive in a very cautious manner to avoid any sudden movement that could harm her friend even more.

”Sowon-ah, I’m hungry. Do you have anything to eat in your car?” Yerin asks still lying on the back seat, rubbing her stomach.

Sowon knows she doesn’t have anything in her car but looks around anywhere trying to find something she might have left. Meanwhile, Eunha slips her hand into her handbag that she keeps by her leg. She fishes out a small package of chocolate bar consisting of caramel topped nougat and peanuts coated with milk chocolate that she likes and gently places it on Yerin’s stomach. Yerin grins happily as she unwraps it and eats it without bothering to invite her or Eunha who is kind enough to give her the chocolate bar. 

”Why and until when do we still have to take care of this old-little-rascal, Eunha?” Sowon stares at Yerin through her rearview mirror, scoffing at her friend who is choking on her snack, as she should be for eating while lying on her back.

”Yah! Am I old or little or a rascal? And do you have some water? And because you love me...” said Yerin in the middle of her coughing.

”You are a nuisance,” Sowon reaches for a mineral water bottle she had in place in her door’s pocket and tosses it to Yerin. Yerin caught the bottle and gulp down almost one-third of the water before clearing to begin rebutting Sowon’s claim.

”You were the one dragging me in here. I’m starving and getting stuck in the traffic jam is no help. And this Snickers is more of you, not me. I’m a KitKat person. But, I still appreciate it, Eunha-yang. Thank you.” Yerin finally sits upright, leans forwards and planted a chaste kiss on Eunha’s cheek.

Sowon glares at Yerin, smacking the back of her head while yelling at the woman, ”yah! Stop kissing my girlfriend whenever you want to!” 

To Sowon’s surprised, Eunha smacks her hand immediately after her hand left Yerin’s head. Still taken aback by her girlfriend, yes, girlfriend, as in officially-in-a-relationship-girlfriend-girlfriend, Sowon stares blankly at Eunha. After she regained her composure from only a light smack to her hand but like a nuclear bomb impact to her heart, Sowon sulkily asks Eunha, ”aren’t you supposed to side with your current girlfriend instead of your ex-girlfriend?”

Eunha side-glaring Sowon while turning Yerin’s head so the back of her head is facing her. She flips a few strands of Yerin’s hair and examine the woman’s head at the site where she stitched a cut earlier today. After she is satisfied with her patient’s condition which is also happened to be her ex-girlfriend that her current girlfriend is so jealous of she lightly smacks Yerin’s lips before returning to her original position, facing the front.

”Ahh...mian. I forgot about your head,” Sowon lifts her left hand up gesturing an apology to which Yerin just grins at her as a response. Sowon sighs. 

”That’s the reason why I dragged you with me. How many times did you fall this week? You fell off the bed, got a nosebleed, fell off the bench, you got scalded by hot coffee, you fell off the chair and cut the back of your head, then you got that cut on your brows and eyelid. I think you are doomed. I’m taking you to this famous shaman, we’ll ask her to perform an exorcism on you to get rid of it.” Sowon explains and it shocked not only Yerin but also Eunha.

”What the?!” exclaimed Yerin before throwing herself down on the leather seat again. She lies on her back and stares at the sunroof, thinking about what Sowon just said.

”C’mon, it doesn’t hurt to try...I’m worried about you, Yerin-ah...” Sowon’s voice softened as she is honestly worried about losing her best friend if the girl sustains an injury every day which is highly likely at this rate.

Yerin rubs her chin, still unsure about it because she never believed in mystical things and doesn’t even like anything mystical or magic related movies or book. For Yerin, if it’s going to be absurd, it should be all out absurd without any possibility of it is making any sense. But, things in this mystical realm is not fully illogical, it’s kind of in between reality and fantasy as sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn’t, so she doesn’t like it. That’s why she loves reading mangas and comic books, they are outrageously ridiculous. But then, she is never one to critique other’s belief or imposed hers on others. So, she just agrees with Sowon, ”okay then, I’m not paying though.”  

Sowon smiles happily when her friend agrees. She knows the woman will never pay for things she deemed to be a waste. Yerin is very careful with her money. She still remembers the day Yerin decided to buy her car and she was the one influencing her, well not as a big influencer but she played her role. At that time, Yerin already had her superbike that she really loves because it is easier for her to commute to and from her apartment and the hospital. That one unfortunate day, an emergency happened at Eunha’s home and she couldn’t get her and Eunha there as soon as she can because they have to take a taxi. Yerin doesn’t want Eunha to ride the superbike with her, fearing for her safety, and she was somewhere else while Eunha still hasn’t bought her car. That was when Yerin decides to buy a car and it was all for Eunha even though at that time they already broke up. That precisely why Sowon could not help to feel jealous and cautious of Yerin and Eunha.

”Yerin, we’ll go back to our parents’ tomorrow,” said Eunha to Yerin, informing rather than asking the lady who is still lying and munching on the chocolate bar like a kindergartener. Yerin just hums her response. 

Sowon although has been informed about this matter earlier by Eunha still feels a pang of jealousy. She was supposed to accompany Eunha because she is the girlfriend not Yerin, but she had to work. Sowon tried to find someone to swap the shift with her but everyone already has plans since it’s Friday night. Plus, she will be delighted to go with Eunha and her sister for a wedding gown fitting and shopping, unlike Yerin will almost definitely try to find a way out.

”Can we have dinner at my parents and supper at yours?” Yerin asks.

”Why?” Sowon asks Yerin back although she knew the question was meant for Eunha.

”Omma will ask about my eyes the whole night. I don’t want her to worry too much,” explains Yerin which Sowon responded with a confused ”huh?”

”Okay then. I’ll text omma to let her know. We’ll go back home the next morning. I gave you two days MC.” Eunha responded while her hand busy typing on her phone which Sowon assumes with her future mother in law and Yerin’s mother. Still, Sowon is confused with Eunha’s arrangement asks, not specifically to neither one of them, ”what are you guys doing exactly? Enlighten me.”

Eunha nods her head but still keeping her eyes on her phone, typing a whole lot faster then, lifts her index finger gesturing to Sowon that she will answer her after this. Sowon waits patiently for Eunha’s explanation while hoping Yerin will say something seeing that the girl is just lying lazily on the seat without doing anything.

”We’ll have dinner at your parents and then supper at my parents,” said Eunha as soon as she locks her phone and slid it back in her handbag.

”If we have dinner at Yerin’s parents, then we will have supper at mine and spend the night there. If we have dinner at mine, we’ll have to eat supper at Yerin’s parents’ and sleep there.” Eunha explains to Sowon who has been waiting eagerly for her and the creases on Sowon’s forehead tightens as the girl explained.

”Wait, you still spend the night there? Even after all these years? You do realise that you guys broke up like a million years ago right? They know you guys broke up, right?” Sowon asks, clearly jealous and uncomfortable with the arrangement.

”Yes. Yes. Yes. And yes.” Yerin responded nonchalantly as if it’s not a big deal despite clearly heard the bitterness in Sowon’s voice.

”In the same bed?” Sowon asks, still couldn’t believe her ears.

”Yes.” Yerin’s answer is still the same as before making Sowon slowly losing her sanity.

”No. No. No. No. Hell no!” exclaimed Sowon, hitting the steering wheel with her palms several times, but it’s not surprising either Eunha or Yerin. 

It is normal for Sowon to show her reaction both verbally and physically. Sometimes, extremely physical though. The tall woman has always been someone who overthinks, hence, her reaction is sometimes overboard. Both Eunha and Yerin know her well enough to stop her from reacting and just let her let everything out. Sowon will get a grasp of reality after she did that and will be able to think rationally which will calm her down.

”Do you do it at your parents’?” Sowon’s unexpected question caught both Eunha and Yerin off guard. Eunha was obviously more surprised by it than Yerin when she screams at the top of her lungs, ”NO!”

Yerin finds Eunha really cute when she screams ’no’ instantly after Sowon’s question that made her face red as a beetroot. She tries holding her laughter in by biting her inner cheeks. Sowon, seeing her girlfriend is blushing, decides to tease the girl without knowing she will be the one getting roasted later on.

”Why? You afraid they might hear you, didn’t you?” 

Yerin just laughs when Sowon asks that question to Eunha. She stomps her feet on the leather seat, clutching her stomach while laughing out loud. Sowon just glares at Yerin and got even more confused when Eunha chuckles. She stares at both Yerin and Eunha for a short while as she still has to focus on the road.

”Yah! Why are you laughing so hard, Yerin-ah?!” exclaimed Sowon while tossing the tissue box at Yerin. Yerin just shakes her head a few times and slowly stops laughing.

”Why Eunha? You made some earful noises last night.” Sowon asks, blurted out details that Yerin doesn’t need to know which Eunha also not keen of hearing it been exposed to a third party who was not present during said session.

”Wait. Last night? Uhhhh. That means you two are officially a couple? Woah! Congratulations.” Yerin was a bit surprised by the unplanned, vague announcement from Sowon but she knew there is no way in hell the tall woman would have an intimate physical activity with Eunha unless they are together. And hearing Sowon’s question to Eunha just confirms it.

”Ah yeah. Sorry, forgot to tell you about it. Eunha finally said yes the night you went back to your parents. But, that’s beside the point of my question. Why are you laughing your off?” Sowon asks.

”Nothing. It’s just I don’t remember she ever been loud.” Yerin said, stealing a quick glance at Eunha who just look outside, silently.

”I couldn’t...”whispers Eunha under her breath but Yerin caught it and she smiles while winking at Eunha through the side mirror. Eunha glares at her as a response.

”Huh? Did you say anything, honey?” Sowon turns to Eunha who is looking out her window who just responded with a weak head shake.

Yerin couldn’t hold her laughter anymore as she is already tasting the iron from her bloody inner cheek just laugh like a crazy person. It causes Eunha to blush as apparent by her now red ears. Sowon sense that something is being communicated between the two ex-lovers now soulmate/best friend, so she demanded that one of them tells her or she will keep driving without stopping. But her threat wasn’t being taken seriously by the silence Eunha and crazily laughing Yerin.

”Eunha-ah...is it about me? Okay, how about this. On a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being the worst and 10 is greatest, how was I compared to Yerin?” Sowon asks dead serious, taking Eunha’s hand in hers, hopefully waiting for an answer. 

“Yah! Why do you keep pestering her about things like this? Maybe we should get the shaman to do something for you then,” Yerin said in between laughing when she could see Eunha is tapping her left index finger on her knee which she assumes the answer for Sowon’s question.

”Can she?” Eunha asks earnestly making Sowon lets go of her hand immediately.

Yerin continue laughing while clapping her hand upon hearing Eunha’s immediate and honest respond. 

“Was I really...that bad?” Sowon asks quietly, with her face reddened looking straight at the slow moving car in front of her.

”Let me ask you something Sowon-ah. During all those years when I was with her, and you in the next room, have you ever heard any sound coming from my room? And now, compare with anything that you heard last night. I think you’ll get the answer, then.” Yerin said trying to save Eunha from having to answer Sowon’s absurd but expected question.

Sowon stares at the road but anyone can see that she is not focusing on the car in front of her but reminiscing her ic experience last night and probably a few of Yerin’s ic expeditions. Judging by Sowon’s agape jaw and rapid blinking of her eyes telling Yerin that her best friend already figured up what she is trying to tell but not tell her. 

”Fudge!” said Sowon under her breath.  

”You and I, we should get together, buy me dinner and I can teach you a thing or two,” Yerin wraps her arms across Sowon’s seat from the back, squeezing the woman’s shoulder assuringly.

”No. No. No one is buying dinner or getting together or teaching anything. You, Sowon, I will never let you two hang alone without me. I’ll stick to you like glue.” Eunha exploded and said something for the first time after a few minutes of silence. She is obviously flustered by Yerin’s suggestion and she is determined to prevent it from ever happening fearing something Sowon should never know will be exposed.

”Wait, was I really that bad Eunha? Was she really that great?” Sowon asks still can’t believe what she assumed her new girlfriend’s answer to be.

”Have you ever heard anyone that you know have had an intimate night with me at least once, say anything? No? That’s why. C’mon dude, stop pestering your girl about me already. Shouldn’t you be focusing on your relationship and not ours?” said Yerin trying to get Sowon to drop her and Eunha’s bedroom issue.

”You might not be her first love like she is yours, but you are definitely the one she loves the most and you guys even end up being your so-called-soulmate. Of course I'm threatened by you!” exclaimed Sowon and since everything she said is nothing but the truth, neither Yerin nor Eunha dare to say anything.

Yerin sighs heavily. She knew nothing she could do to make what happened between Eunha and her or their feelings for each other to just vanished into thin air. But, she is sure that everything is already well kept in the farthest corner of Eunha and her heart, that’s why Eunha finally accepts Sowon’s proposal. Eunha has been in love with Sowon for almost as long as Sowon has been with her. But, she waited for a few years before she agreed to officially be Sowon’s girlfriend. It’s not because she wasn’t sure about her feelings for Sowon, but it was because of her the feeling she has left for Yerin and because of Sowon’s feeling about Yerin.

”Yah! Sowon-ah... she waited for two years to give you her answer because she was waiting patiently for you to get over the idea of you needing to beat me in everything in her eyes. It’s enough that you love her. Love her in the way you know how to, not in a way that I do. Don’t think about me. Think about her. She is the centre of your world. And...we should talk about my newly found love.” 

Yerin shoots a warm smile at Sowon and Eunha from the rearview camera. Compared to Sowon, Eunha’s face brighten up a bit. She mouthed a ’thank you’ to Yerin because everything she said just now is exactly what she wanted to tell Sowon. For Sowon, this is not the first time Yerin said similar things to her, but she could not do it. She tried and then failed, and the same vicious cycle repeats itself for more than two years. 

”That’s why I’m taking you to this shaman, Yerin-ah. Do you really think it’s charming for you to fell off something, getting coffee spilled on you or getting cuts on your face? You might end up disfigured your face if these series of unfortunate event keeps making its appearance. I heard she was able to help some couples with their relationship,” Sowon said with confidence while glancing over the panel in the middle of the car that is showing the map which Sowon has set the navigation for the shaman’s place.

”Ohhh. How thoughtful. Thank you, Sowon. And I really think we should ask the shaman to do it for both of us. Don’t you think I looked cool and charming enough when Eunha stitched my cut without giving me any anaesthetic?” Yerin asks, smiling proudly.

”You might think you look cool. But, I don’t think she saw you clearly. All three of them look like they were about to pass out. Luckily chief drew the curtain closed, or we would have another three people on the bed.” Sowon shakes her head reliving the incident in the ER an hour ago.

”Ahh. I guess she just have to be under my service. She will surely see the cool, handsome and irresistible side of Jung Yerin.” Yerin voices out her thoughts confidently only to be cut shortly after by Sowon, ”she will be someday, but let’s hope she doesn’t have to start her death count with you.” 

Yerin sighs for the nth time. The thing she knew all the interns dreaded the most. It is inevitable that some patient will die on the table in the operating room, or probably on the gurney while still in the ER; and the probability is higher when they are under the trauma surgeon’s service. Nothing Yerin could do to prevent that from happening because she always gives her very best when she is treating her patient because their life is always on the line whenever they encounter each other. Trying and doing everything she can is the only power she had, nothing beyond that. Her sighs come to a halt when Sowon slows down her car to find a parking spot and carefully park her car. 

Eunha and Yerin just follow Sowon’s lead whose steps seem very light, hinting that she is somewhat familiar with this part of the town. They pass a row of stores and finally stop at a unit located in the middle of the building. It doesn’t particularly scary but the ambience radiates an eerie feeling, chilling Yerin and Eunha who exchange a look with each other.

Since Yerin merely agrees on this this, she doesn’t pay much attention to what the woman dressed in colourful traditional clothes in front of her is saying or reciting? She just sits there patiently waiting for this mystical ritual to finish so she could grab something to eat because her stomach started to hold a rock concert.

***

”Pick me up at the hospital tomorrow at 2 p.m.,” Eunha reminded Yerin when they are approaching Yerin’s apartment complex.

Yerin frowns as that will be too early for them to go back to her parents’ place for dinner. That’s like going back for tea time and she doesn’t want her parents to worry too much about her and the minor injury on her brows and eyelid. Understanding Yerin’s reservation on the time she sets, Eunha takes a deep breath before telling Yerin the whole plan for tomorrow that she knows the woman will say no to if she was given a chance.

”We’ll go and accompany unnie for her wedding dress fitting. Then, we’ll follow her to do some wedding shopping as well. After that, we’ll drive back to our parents. I’ll see you tomorrow after my shift ends,” said Eunha and instantly opens the backseat’s door and signalled Yerin to go out.

”Whaat...?”

”Someone’s behind me, hurry up, Yerin.” Yerin’s protest was cut short when Sowon urges her to get out of the car in a hurry and drives away as soon as she closed the door with only honking as a sign of parting. 

Yerin drags her feet towards the apartment’s main entrance. It’s only a few metres of walking but Yerin feels like she has been walking for five kilometres and still hasn’t reached the building. She checked her mailbox and as she turns around to get to her building’s main door, a familiar figure passed in front of her. That scent, that beautiful profile, that wavy long ash-khaki’s hair, that is undoubtedly is Hwang SinB, the woman Yerin is madly in love with. 

Unconsciously, Yerin’s feet are moving forward following the beautiful, perfect lady like her body is in trance, held captive by SinB’s scent and heavenly look. At this moment, Yerin believes in the mystical power the shaman had in helping her with the love she seeks to conquer. And merely two seconds after the moment of enlightenment, Yerin is brought back to reality that hurts so much but she would gladly endure for another million times. As anyone could have guessed it, Yerin missed the first of three flight of stairs, stumbling forwards, kissing the ground that seems to be fond of her these past few days.

The fall produced a loud thump, causing SinB, her two friends and another two young high schoolers halted their steps, and worriedly asking Yerin if she is okay. Not wanting to cause more embarrassment to herself, Yerin just lifts her right hand and gives them a thumbs up indicating that she is okay without even lifting her face from the floor, not even an inch. When SinB and her friends ask if she needs help to get up, Yerin just waves both her hands to indicate a no, proceeds with giving them two thumbs up in an attempt to make them leave her be. 

I need you to be mine, SinB-ssi. I’m falling too hard, too much for you.

Yerin stays lying supine on the steps, with her red face is sticking to the floor for a good one minute just to make sure SinB and her friends had gone before she turns around and lies on her back. Yerin smiles dreamingly. Anyone would think she is crazy because she is currently lying across the three steps leading from the ground to her apartment’s block, staring at the starry night sky while smiling. Yerin is crazy. Crazy for Hwang SinB. Yerin lost track of time of how long did she stays lying there because no one is coming in or out of the building, but her dreamy state was soon disrupted by a buzzing sensation from her pants pocket. Yerin fishes out the phone and clicks on the green icon. 

Sowon and Eunha’s face appears on her phone’s screen. They look at Yerin with a worried and a strange expression. One of them even turns their phone upside down after tilting their heads and still couldn’t figure out Yerin’s current position. Both Sowon and Eunha are sure Yerin is not in her apartment because they can see clearly that the woman is lying on a flight of stairs and they both once lived in the same apartment as Yerin that doesn’t have any fixtures like that. And it appears that Yerin is upside down, making the two more anxious.

”Yerin-ah, are you okay? Where are you? What happened?” Sowon asks, not in her usual sarcastic or harsh tone she used when she talk to Yerin.

”Still in front of the building’s entrance. On the stairs, just by the mailbox. Sowon-ah, I think your shaman did a good job. Well, pretty good job if I must say.” Yerin responded gleefully, which further heightened her two best friends worries.

”Are you lying on the stairs, Yerin? Do you need some help? What happened?” Sowon asks again still trying to figure out what happened.

”She lives in the same building, Sowon-ah. My SinB is living here.” Yerin half scream at the phone she is holding up in front of her face. Sowon exchanges look with Eunha who is sitting next to her in silence but looking very worried. 

”Did she hit her head hard this afternoon, Eunha? How is her head injury? Did you do a scan? Is she hallucinating? I think we better go there...” whispered Sowon to Eunha but Yerin could hear everything clearly as the tall lady doesn’t even cover the mic.

”Yah! I’m not hallucinating. I saw her. I got my mails and when I turned around, there she is walking in front of me. I’m guessing my heart, my soul and my body all wants to follow her. And I missed the step and fell down hard. I’m still lying here on the stairs. Don’t know if I should move or just wait for her here.” Yerin smiles dreamingly again as her mind is filled with SinB’s perfect existence.

”Yerin, get up this instance. I don’t want to meet you in the psychiatric ward tonight,” Eunha yells at Yerin, startling Sowon who is sitting next to her.

Eunha doesn’t yell much and at the sight of this rare occurrence, Yerin slowly pulls herself up and gathers the mails that are scattered around her. She punches in the code and finally gets into the building, walking straight to the lifts.

”Go home. Take a shower and takes care of your scalded skin. Take some painkiller if you can’t handle the throbbing pain in your head. See you tomorrow.” Eunha said sternly before ends the video call.

***

This, this is one of the reasons why she can’t get over the feeling of worry that Yerin and Eunha will end up getting back together. When nothing in the world can make Yerin do something, Eunha will always be the only one could. Yerin, probably without her realising it, will do everything Eunha told her to. That’s the power Eunha has on Yerin that Sowon has been trying to brush off but failed miserably at it. 

Eunha turns to her side, glaring at Sowon who seems to be perplexed by what just happened and what is about to happen. 

”Just what kind of shaman is she? You are sleeping on the couch tonight. I don’t think I’m ready to experience something worse than yesterday. Don’t ruin your chance of ever making me feel happy, Sowon.”

Eunha planted a chaste kiss on Sowon’s lips before getting into her bedroom and closing the door behind her, leaving a dumbfounded Sowon staring blankly at the door.

”We’ll never know, Eunha. Shouldn’t we at least try and see if it’s working. Yerin founds out SinB is living in the same building. Please Eunha, this is just our first week together, I can’t be sleeping on the couch already...” Sowon knocks on the bedroom door, pleading her girlfriend of only a few days who just threw her out from the bedroom. 

Sowon slowly slides down with her back against the door, she sits by the door, waiting for Eunha’s answer. Ten minutes have passed, still nothing even after Sowon knocked on the door twice. She couldn’t hear anything from the other side of the door. Not even a ruffling sound or footsteps. Eunha has been doing this to Sowon for years, not giving her an answer is somewhat the petite woman’s forte. Probably Eunha is already asleep, the girl can easily fall asleep especially during work nights. Sowon takes out her phone from her handbag and opens the text messager.

SW: Do you think it’s the shaman’s doing or you and I are just unlucky?

YR: Wae? Something happened?

SW: She threw me out of the room. We haven’t been together for a week, and I already got the couch. 

YR: Uhh. Poor you. I’ve been friends with the couch after the second months. But then, she kicked me out of the room even before we were together. So... You are not that unlucky? Why? What happened?

SW: This is all your faults. Why did you have to fall? She thought tonight might be worse than yesterday. Was I really that bad, Yerin-ah?

YR: Hahahaahaha. This is hilarious. If I’m still falling, doesn’t that means that whatever your shaman did is not working?

Sowon greeted her teeth, cursing her best friend who finds her ual prowess is a joke. Although they are texting, she can imagine exactly how Yerin is now, laughing her off, stomping on the floor and clapping her hands.

YR: Tell me what did you do last night? What sounds did you hear?

SW: That makes sense, doesn’t it? So, nothing bad should happen to me then. Well...I did what people usually do when they engaged in an . Kissing, moving my lips, tongue and fingers. What did I hear? Sounds you usually hear when you are pleased...?

YR: Did she tell you to do anything? Did she sound like something you would hear from a video or clips...you know which one I’m talking about.

SW: Ahh... the sounds were kind of similar. She did ask me to go here and there. And I think I did a pretty good job listening. I was done in just a few minutes, along with her.

YR: You know what? You really have a lot of things to learn. First, if you heard something similar to what you heard on the video, you really should reflect on yourself. That’s not real, probably one or two moans were, but if a woman keeps doing that sound, she’s faking it.

SW: Yah! It was real. I mean all the girls I’ve slept with before did the same.

YR: Aigo...you’ve been doing the same thing all along? And... did you just say a few minutes?

SW: Yeah. Hell yeah. A few minutes of wonder.

YR: Who’s first? You or her? Did you say it first?

JjySW: I said I was and then she said ’me too’ and grab me tighter

YR: You’re doomed. Listen to me carefully and let it sinks in your head. I wasn’t there but she definitely didn’t. And you got work to do. Few minutes of wonder, my foot! Unless you are looking for a quickie, which I assumed was not. Have any of the girls said anything before?

SW: Are you serious, Yerin?

YR: Dead serious

SW: They never said anything. I... well, they too, just sleep afterwards. 

YR: You know what? You don’t need a shaman I think. You just need to learn to slow down, enjoy the moment, tease and whatnot. So, now, what you have to do is...go into that room and change. Get under the blanket and just hug her. Kiss her goodnight and sleep. Don’t do anything.

SW: She kicked me out of the room, Yerin-ah.

YR: She never locks the door unless she is really mad. Wait? You didn’t even try to go in? How long have you been out there?

SW: Really? 

SW: Fudge. I was out here for more than 30 minutes.

YR: Stupid Sowon. You’ve been trying to get her for two years. You’ve been in love with her for another year. You’ve been living with me and her for four years. Didn’t you learn anything? Go in. Hug, goodnight kiss, sleep. Don’t do anything else. We’ll have to get together for me to help you with this. Go.

SW: I love you as my best friend. But I detest you as her ex-lover.

YR: Be thankful that you finally get her to be yours, you nitwit! Good night and have a pleasant cold shower tomorrow morning.

Sowon sighs heavily before slowly turning the doorknob behind her to find Eunha is already in her black satin short nightgown sleeping on the bed. Sowon tiptoes to the bathroom, not wanting to wake her girlfriend up since she has to work in the morning. She changes into a short sleeve t-shirt and sweatpants. Following what Yerin told her to do, she slowly climbs on the bed and pulls the blanket to cover their lower limbs. 

”What did she say?” Eunha asks as soon as Sowon slips her arms over her waist, back hugging her.

”Who? No one said anything,” Sowon half-scream, flustered by Eunha’s sudden unexpected question.

Eunha holds out her hand to Sowon, ”your phone”. Sowon reluctantly slips her hand under her pillow to get her phone and puts it in Eunha’s hand. 

Sowon follows Eunha’s moves carefully, not letting her eyes off the girl’s finger that is tapping the text message thread between her and Yerin. Eunha scrolls down and reads every word she exchanged with Yerin.

”Was I really that bad?” Sowon asks seeing that Eunha has read all her messages with Yerin.

Eunha turns around facing Sowon. Sowon couldn’t decipher Eunha’s gaze or her facial expression as the room is only lit by the light coming from the small crack of the bathroom door that Sowon purposely kept ajar. 

”Goodnight kiss,” Eunha leans forward and kisses Sowon’s lips tenderly. She only gives Sowon a chance to kiss her back twice before turning back to her original position.

”Hug,” Eunha takes Sowon’s right arm and slips it under her neck, then she takes Sowon’s left arm and wraps over her body just under her s.

”Sleep. Good night, Sowon. I love you,” Eunha said as she kisses the back of the Sowon’s hand and smiles.

Sowon stares at the back of Eunha’s head. Eunha’s response to her question is rather baffling. It seems like the answer was ’yes’ but she doesn’t want to believe that. Eunha always does this to her, why can’t she just say the answer explicitly. As if the petite woman could hear Sowon’s mind, Eunha taps her hand lightly.

”You guys can hang out, but I’m going to be around,” Eunha said half-whispering, still half-awake.

”You’ll let me do that?” Sowon asks excitedly.

Eunha nods her head weakly and kisses Sowon’s hand and said in her half-asleep voice, ”I know your shift starts at noon tomorrow but, let’s go to sleep now. You have to drive me to work tomorrow morning”. 

Sowon kisses Eunha’s back of the head and closes her eyes. Her girlfriend’s reassuring words and kiss calms her down. It might be nothing for other people but it is a big deal for Sowon when Eunha told her that she will drive her to work tomorrow morning. Eunha never asks her to do that because that used to be Yerin’s job before they were a couple, when they were still together and after they broke up.

That has always been how it is, it doesn’t matter how busy and ty Yerin’s shift is, she will somehow make it work. Even before she got a car, she would still make it. Yerin will walked Eunha to and from work, or catch a bus or taxi together. That was easy because the three of them lived in the same apartment where Yerin is still staying now. The apartment is not too far from the hospital.

Even now, when Euha didn’t drive home which usually because she went out with her friends or with Sowon or she is too tired, Yerin will drive her home and will always fetch her in the morning. If Yerin couldn’t make it, Eunha will just catch a taxi. But, never did the girl ever asks her to fetch her and drive her to work unless Sowon the one who offered her. When Sowon offered, she never turns her down, though even if she already told Yerin to come and pick her up. Well, she has to thank her best friend though, for always pushing her to approach Eunha and offers to pick her up for work.

Eunha is a very independent person, she is not keen on asking people for help. She would try her very best to do everything on her own. Even with Yerin, she rarely asks the girl for help. Yerin, on the other hand is an extremely perceptive person. She would do things for Eunha without the girl asked her to and she always knew what Eunha wants and might need. Probably they have been friends since high school, Eunha is comfortable asking Yerin to do something although rarely, but she is more than happy to tell Yerin to do something that is not related to her which Yerin always obliged.

Being observant is what Sowon is lacking. She tried to decipher Eunha’s cues from her daily interactions, but it is quite difficult to figure out Eunha when the girl doesn’t express herself much. Surely, she can’t beat Yerin who has spend more than half her life with Eunha, but she is determined to improve herself. Especially now they are officially together. Sowon tightens her embrace and sleeps peacefully with Eunha in her arms. 

***

”Guys, do you know the woman who fell at our building’s entrance just now?” SinB asks her two best friends once they placed their order at the Chinese restaurant ten minutes from their apartment.

”Didn’t catch her face, so...not sure,” answered Umji while Yuju just shrugs her shoulder.

”Did you see her face?” Umji asks as she pours the water into the glasses and pass it to her two friends.

SinB shakes her head but her face is showing that she is thinking about it. She somehow felt that she knew the person lying on her stomach on the flight of stairs even though her face was sticking to the floor. The position of that person and the figure is somewhat familiar, but she couldn’t figure out who that person was. Umji elbows SinB lightly and shoots a questioning look at her because the woman didn’t answer her question earlier.

”Something about that woman is oddly familiar, don’t you think? The hair and that hands, I think I have seen them somewhere,” SinB still tells her brain to work overtime tonight, trying to figure out who that person on the stairs that she feels like she knew her.

”Woah!! Daebak! I know you are some kind of perfectionist and observant, but I never knew you could recognise someone just by looking at their hands,” exclaimed Yuju as she claps her hands proudly, while Umji still stares at SinB waiting for the girl to finally spit out a name.

”I don’t know. Feels like I know her somewhere. Ahh. Forget about it. Uhhh...I’m starving! Let’s eat.” 

All three of them are smiling broadly when the foods they ordered arrive. No one says anything as they are busy shoving the food into their mouth like they haven’t been eating for three days.

***

Yerin finishes showering after thirty minutes. While she can shower as quick as running, she does take long showers when she has the time. It’s refreshing to just stand under the running warm water, clearing her head of all the mess she had to deal at the hospital. She doesn’t have the luxury to take her time when she’s working because everything needs her to make the best judgement as quickly as possible to save the patient. So, whenever she has the time, she will take a long shower to unwind and to relax her body. Sometimes, to contemplate on her life. She got out of the bathroom, puts on a grey cotton jogger pants and a white short sleeve t-shirt.

Yerin sits down on the couch and gets her laptop. She cracks her fingers and knuckles, getting ready to do something she never thought she would do. Yerin turns on the laptop that she hasn’t used in more than three months. Then, she stares at the screen for ten minutes. During her long shower, she decided to find out about Hwang SinB and confidently told herself that she could do it by searching on the net to find the pretty intern’s SNS account where a lot of people are using nowadays. The idea was brilliant.

You don’t have any SNS account, you idiot! 

The reason Yerin has been staring at the screen for ten minutes. She never made an account and never bother to learn how to make one or how it works. Yerin knew about its existence but she never cares about it since she is not fond of sharing her personal life with others. Yerin doesn’t let that stop her mission tonight, so she types ’Hwang SinB’ and hit the search icon. Luckily, there are a few results that she thinks is related to the love of her life. Yerin clicks on the link. But then, she meets an impediment to her love life progress - all the SNS account is set for private viewing only. The only link that she can access is the one on the hospital’s website, listing her name under the surgical programme which one of three things she knows about SinB. 

First, she knows the name of the woman that stole her heart from the first time they saw each other is Hwang SinB. Second, Hwang SinB is one of the new interns at the hospital she works. Third, the young beautiful woman is living in the same building as her. 

Wait, that’s it. We are living in the very same building! 

Yerin shuts down her laptop as the realisation hits her mind. Yerin dons a grey hooded sweater and leaves her apartment. She immediately pushes the button for the lift and waits for it patiently while strategising in her head how to finds out which one, out of a hundred units of apartments is the one SinB is residing. 

Knocking on 99 doors? It’s quite late already, she doesn’t want to intrude, so she discarded the idea. Make an announcement? Yerin pats her pants and sweater’s pockets to find a pen and a paper to write the announcement but of course, she didn’t carry that around. So, that idea got discarded as well

Wait by the lift on the ground floor at the entrance! Yerin’s face lit up as soon as the idea crosses her mind. She strides into the lift and happily pushes the button G indicating the lowest level of the building. Yerin gets out of the lift and stands by the door. She greets everyone who gets into the door and waited for the lift with a smile like she is working as a doorman. Yerin even helps an ahjooma, carrying her groceries and walked her to her home before goes back down to the ground floor.

After more than thirty minutes, Yerin is about to give up as she has been standing there for over an hour. She rested against the wall by the mailboxes, contemplating whether she should stay and wait or just go back home since it’s almost midnight. Yerin absentmindedly reading the names on the mailboxes. Each mailbox is for a unit and the surname of the person registered for the unit is displayed on the box. 

Kim. Kim. Choi. Lee. Kang. Yoo. Ha. Min. Park. Lee. Kim. Just how many Kims are there in this building? Uh!

Yerin’s eyes move right and left frantically when she realised that her quest for Hwang SinB hasn’t come to an end just yet. She can find which one of the unit is SinB residing. Afraid that she will miss the name, Yerin moves to stand in front of the metal slots and read the name on top of the metal slot carefully. All one hundred names she has read including hers, but none of them is Hwang, while there are lots of Kim. 

Maybe she lives here with the other two. Their names are...

Yerin tries to search her brain’s database for an information that it doesn’t store. She has never been introduced to the interns just yet because she missed the meeting yesterday morning that was held while she was in the OR. And she didn’t have a chance to ask their names because their second encounter was a chaos, with hot coffee on her legs and back, screaming and the heavenly patting before the strong push followed by a cute meet albeit a bit embarassing when she learnt Hwang SinB’s name while she delicately cared for her coffee-induced scalded lower limbs and back.

Realising that she is never going to retrieve the other two interns name from her brain, Yerin then decides to peek through the narrow slot on each mailbox so she could read the name on the letters, hoping she will find Hwang SinB’s name on one of the letters in one of the mailboxes. Halfway through peeking the narrow slots, Yerin thinks she finally hit the jackpot. She could see the first letter of Hwang when her hand is suddenly being yanked forcefully by a man. She turns around and sees two men dressed in the security guard’s uniform are looking at her with one of them is holding her arm firmly. The other man proceeds to firmly hold her free arm.

”What? Wait. Wait. I live here,” said Yerin while being dragged by the two security guard that she is not familiar with. Yerin tries explaining to the two men that keep dragging her and ignoring her, then she gives up and follows them to the guard house reluctantly because she doesn’t want to make a scene as there are people around.

Yerin sits on the chair in the guardhouse, she was told to wait for the chief guard. With a heavy heart, Yerin sighs as she can see people are gathering in front of the guard house. Seems like the news travelled fast, she was only here not more than five minutes yet the audiences are already here.

”Yerin?” 

Yerin just grins at the man in a similar uniform with the other two men who dragged her here. The man looks baffled when he lay his eyes on Yerin and read the short report his staff gave him. He keeps looking at Yerin and then the report for a good two minutes, with confusion written all over his face. 

”They said you were going through people’s mail? The complaint was a ert is going through people’s mails,” the man asks, reading what’s written on the paper hesitantly.

Yerin didn’t respond as she is trying to find a more accurate description. She didn’t go through the mail, it’s impossible since the mailboxes were locked. If they weren’t, it will be a whole lot easier for her. She just peeked through the slot to see the names on the letters, and this explanation doesn’t scream she’s innocent as well. Probably telling the man she is trying to find which unit is SinB’s could be a better explanation. But, this would make her a ert.

”Did you forgot which one is yours?” the man tried to make sense of what happened.

Yerin wanted to say yes but before she could do, she heard one of the two men from earlier is speaking to someone. He told someone he called ’Miss Kim’ that they apprehended someone who was going through her mail and assures her that she doesn’t need to worry because they caught that person before anything happens. Yerin tried to take a look at the woman the man is talking to but couldn’t see her because of the crowd surrounding her. The man sitting in front of her still has his eyes fixed on her, so Yerin tries to come up with a lie after giving up on telling the truth which is not going to help her in any way.

”I didn’t, I was trying to put the letter back in the mailbox. I was getting mine and accidentally hit the box and the letter that was dangling fell out.” 

The man nods his head, believing her lie. Yerin sighs in relief that the man bought her lie, probably because he knew Yerin personally. The man has been working there since Yerin first moved in. They usually talked and sometimes hang out together especially when Yerin is waiting for Eunha to walk her to work or when Eunha kicked her out because of something she did. 

”Can I ask you something?” Yerin asks the man who is now writing something on the same paper he was staring at a few minutes ago.

”Yes. Don’t worry, I’ll write down it’s a misunderstanding. Your name will not be in the report,” the man shows Yerin the report, assuring her, which she never thought about it at all.

”Ahh. Yes. Okay, thank you. Do you know any other doctors staying in this apartment complex?” Yerin asks the man her real question.

”A lot. It’s near the hospital. Why?” the man asks Yerin.

Yerin just shakes her head. She totally forgot that. So after a few minutes talking to the man, catching up on things, Yerin leave the guardhouse. She gets her phone and searches for Sowon’s number. Yerin wanted to call her best friend but decided to just text her instead.

What did the shaman do? Don’t think she was outcasting bad luck in my life. See you tomorrow.

***

”Why would someone go through our mails? It’s creepy!” Umji said as she shrugs her shoulder in terror.

Umji got a phone call when they just finished eating dinner and about to leave the restaurant. It was from one of the security guards informing her that someone was caught going through their unit’s mailbox. Umji told her and Yuju, so they rushed back home. Once they got to the apartment complex, the security guard told them not to worry because the person is being questioned as they speak. The man also assured them that he will call to update them about the case. 

SinB and Yuju try to think of a reason why someone was doing that including about the possibility that one of their exes, well Yuju and Umji’s ex-boyfriends might be the one doing it. But, it’s impossible because they couldn’t have known where they live. They just moved in a week ago. SinB doesn’t have an ex-boyfriend, but she does have a long list of boys and girls that have a crush on her, and got rejected because she was never interested in having a relationship. But, just like Yuju and Umji, they couldn’t have known their new house of only a week. Just as they were discussing the issue, Umji’s phone buzzes, an unknown number is calling her. Umji answers her phone nervously, but relaxes when the person calling her introduces himself.

”Oh? Ahhh. Okay then. Thank you for letting me know.” Umji’s face softens and her shoulders that were tensed, relax.

Umji turns to her two housemates and shoots a bright, relieved smile at them. The two just stares at her, confusedly.

”That was the security guard. He told me it was just a misunderstanding. The person was trying to put back a letter that fell out of our mailbox,” explained Umji to her two anxious housemates.

”Did he tell you was it a man or a woman?” Yuju asks as she exhales deeply, rubbing her chest in relief.

”He didn’t say. I forgot to ask him. Well, it’s okay then. It scared the hell out of me, thinking if there’s a ert in the building going through our mails.” Umji also rubs her chest in relief.

”I know, right?! I thought my crazy ex-boyfriend from middle school found me,” exclaimed Yuju before pulling Umji and SinB into a hug.

”Probably a woman,” said SinB as soon as they breaks off the hug causing her two best friends to look at her with a questioning gaze.

”I caught a glance of the person sitting in the guardhouse. Looks like a woman because of the long hair. But, can be a man with long hair. I don’t know. She...or he, was wearing a grey hooded sweater.” SinB explains to ease her friends’ mind.

Umji and Yuju both nod their head. They are not as terrified as they were before Umji got the call and SinB told them it was probably a woman. They stayed in the living room for an hour watching a romantic comedy drama on the TV before retiring to their room. Umji and Yuju are working in the morning tomorrow while SinB is working her first night shift tomorrow. Although SinB doesn’t need to wake up early, she still gets to bed early so she could get extra sleep that she badly needed after four days of not getting enough rest.

***

Yerin decided to go to the hospital earlier than the time she should pick up Eunha. She thought of a great idea how to meet SinB this morning when she was heading to the shower and see her legs wrapped with gauzes. She showered but purposely covers her legs and back with cling wrap because she is going to the hospital and asked one of the interns to clean them and do the dressing. Of course when she said interns, she meant SinB. 

”I’m not done in two hours, why are you here already?” Eunha asks Yerin as soon as the woman sees her in the ER. Eunha is on on-call today and unlike Yerin, she always hangs out at the ER when she’s on call if she is not in the OR or the ward.

”Can I get one of the interns to clean and do the dressing for me?” Yerin asks, grinning, showing her white teeth at Eunha.

Eunha squints her eyes, glaring at Yerin. Eunha just shakes her head and sighs before she asks the nurse to call one of the interns. Yerin knows that Eunha could tell that is just her ploy for something else and not because she is incompetent to do it herself or if she ran out of gauzes at home. Yerin eagerly waits for SinB to come in one of the bay and unlike yesterday, she came in prepared.

Yerin wears a pair of black underwear matched with a dark blue bra. Nothing with duck prints. Yerin contemplated on wearing a tight black jeans but she couldn’t do it since the scalded skin behind her knees are a bit painful still, so she wore a tapered washed jeans, paired with a white cotton shirt and a pair of white sneakers. Well, she couldn’t leave her duck at home, so she wears a pair of duck-printed socks. She just ties her hair in a ponytail like she usually does.

While waiting for the intern, or to be specific, a woman named Hwang SinB, Yerin rehearses her lines to greet the woman who stole her heart. Yerin could hear Eunha talking to someone to help her. She is getting nervous, her heart is thumping way harder than it supposed to that she is afraid she will get a heart attack once the woman she has been waiting appear in front of her.

”Hi, thank you for helping me out,” Yerin blurted out her rehearsed line as soon as the curtain beside her is drawn open.

”Ahh, not a big deal Dr. Jung.” 

The voice is oddly familiar, but it sounded way hoarse than SinB’s voice yesterday which is sweet and loving, making her heart flutters. While it is possible for a voice to get huskier if one gets a cold, but it shouldn’t totally change the voice. Yerin looks up and their eyes meet. Yerin’s smiles instantly fade when she sees who is standing in front of her.

”Oh, it’s you? You are not an intern, you are a third-year resident,” Yerin sounded a bit disappointed causing the doctor in front of her to smile bitterly.

”All the interns are afraid to do this, Dr. Jung. So...I’m your only choice. Shall we?” the doctor in front of Yerin smiles apologetically at her.

”Yeah...let’s get it over with. But, wait...what are they afraid of? It’s only a first-degree burn not a third-degree burn.” Yerin asks as she turns around and takes off her pants while covering her private area with the blanket so the doctor could take care of her leg but still keeping her privacy. 

”Scared of getting kick by you if it’s painful,” the doctor said before laughing his heart out, joined by Yerin. They find it funny for Yerin to kick someone because it was too painful. Not because of kicking someone which they both know Yerin is more than capable of doing that, but the fact that she can’t handle the pain. 

The third-year residence is one of very few people in the hospital that Yerin is close with. The young man has always been sticking around with Yerin and for her, he is one of the doctors she is comfortable and trusts to do an emergency surgery without her giving too many instructions. He had the intention to follow Yerin’s footstep and become a trauma surgeon. And unfortunately is similar to Yerin in terms of not caring about things not directly related to their work.

”Oh, by the way, do you know the first-year interns’ schedule?” Yerin asks the third-year resident.

”No, but I can ask around,” the young man said.

”Why do you want to know that? And why haven’t I been informed about this? What happened to you that your legs are like that and your face is like this?” 

Irene appears out of nowhere, suddenly asks while taking a closer look at Yerin’s legs and face. The young man stops what he was doing and exchange a look of terror with Yerin. They both fall into a silent mode when another doctor approaches them and starts reporting to Irene the details of Yerin’s injuries, the causes, the treatments given and plans. It is not shocking to both Yerin and the young man because they know the woman and her side job - keeping an eye on Yerin and report to Irene.

”The interns, I assume they were the one you mentioned yesterday...at the changing room?” Irene asks the young woman who nods her head as a response.

”It was an accident, Irene-ah...nobody’s fault,” Yerin persuaded Irene when she saw the goddess’ eyes changed into a darker shade. Irene stares dead serious at Yerin and she just winks at her, trying to sooth Irene’s heart.

”I’m okay. It’s nothing serious. I promise you, I’ll be extra careful. Eunha stitched my head and eyes, and she gave me two days MC, don’t worry, okay?” said Yerin in her cool voice, caressing Irene’s hand assuringly which work like a charm when Irene’s face softens and she nods her head before smiling at Yerin.

Irene steps aside and lets the third-year resident finish what he was doing. Although Yerin has asked Irene to sits on the bed next to her multiple times, the woman just shakes her head and remain standing in front of her. She never takes her eyes off the young doctor’s hand, following his every move which cause the man to feel a bit nervous that he starts trembling and put more pressure when he applies the medication on Yerin’s leg.

”This is painful. Ppo ppo hae juseyo,” Yerin said with her lips pouting and her finger tapping her eyebrows that were cut yesterday. 

Irene glares at her before does what Yerin asks her to. She kisses Yerin’s eyes tenderly and blows on the cut like adult usually does to a kid who just got injured. That actually calms Irene down a bit and she finally takes a seat next to Yerin.

Yerin always knows how to get Irene to calm down because the woman always worried about her even before they were together and after they broke up. The easiest way is to act all weak and needy, asks Irene to do something to take care of her. This way Irene will be less worried because she has done something for Yerin. It is a bit strange, but that is how it is with Irene. And this is the root of jealousy in Eunha and Seulgi. Yerin always acted like a kid when she is with Irene and the woman never once failed treating her like one. When Eunha and her were dating, Yerin still act the same but tone it down a bit, but still Eunha gets jealous sometimes. As for Seulgi, Yerin never acts that way if the woman is around but Seulgi had caught Yerin acting that way a few times and she got furious. That’s when Irene always have someone like an intern or resident to keep an eye on Yerin to keep herself in the loop of what happened to Yerin, every day without fail.

Eunha had always detested Yerin doing so with Irene, but she also does the same. She cares for Yerin like she is just a kid who cannot take care of herself, which becomes the cause of Sowon’s jealousy. Yerin knows the fact but she can’t ask Irene or Eunha to stop caring for her, she doesn’t have the right to do so. All she could do is convincing Seulgi and Sowon that their girlfriends are in love with them and not her. They just care a lot about Yerin and nothing more. And she has been telling them for years now, but still it doesn’t work causing her a bit of trouble to behave like an adult with Irene and Eunha when both their girlfriends are present.

”I think the shaman and her exorcism are total rip-off. Eunha didn’t even let me sleep with her last night. And why do you need the interns’ schedule for? You have to wait until to-” Sowon couldn’t finish her sentence as she just realises Yerin is not alone behind the curtain that she just draw open. There are four other people who are staring at her in disbelief. To be exact, four people are staring at her and Eunha is shooting a death glare at her.

”We are doomed,” Sowon said weakly as she looks down at her feet, doesn’t have an ounce of strength to look at Eunha.