Winter blossom

The Flower In My Garden

“Jimin”

“Jimin how are you feeling today?”

The doctor approached his patient, looking weary but was trying his best to wear a smile. He sat down by the bed and extended his hand to pat his patient on his shoulder, trying to gain some attention from the 18 year old named jimin.

The said boy was looking out of the window staring at nothing in particular. The winter blossom had been there for years. It was nothing new. But the fact that it was now spring and not even a single flower could be seen saddened jimin. The tree which accompanied him for years was his only his friend in his lonely world. People come and go, but the tree stays.

“Jimin are you not in a mood to talk to me?”

Jimin grew frustated, doctors always asked the same question everyday. He had listened to them up to thousand times, he was so tired.

“Jimin, but I have a news for you” this caught the boy’s attention.

Turning around, jimin’s eyes sparkled, curiosity written all over his face. Even after all these years, jimin was always beautiful. The doctor’s smile widened.

“You are going to meet a new friend tomorrow, jimin. You will finally have some company”

A gust of wind seeped through the window, the white curtains flew, jimin’s tiny frame shivered.
The doctor swiftly walked up to the window and locked it, the winter blossom swayed.

“Are you happy jimin?” the doctor asked softly.

Jimin nodded his head lightly, strings of black hair still dancing in the air from the wind.

“I am glad you are happy jimin, you will like your new friend I promise” flashing him a smile, the doctor walked out of the room.

Click, the door was closed.