Our families and other disasters

Shattered minds

Today is a big day - it is visiting day. Yesung is sitting on the stairs and watches people filling the house. Yesung is watching Taehyung who is greeting his parents and younger brother. Even Yoongi’s parents arrived to spend some time with their only son. Yesung doesn’t understand it. Yoongi beat his mom and yet she looks so happy to hug her son after such a long time. What did Yesung do that his family almost tortured him to death? He had Ryeowook but he is gone and Yesung is alone.

 

Taehyung is laughing and his mom has one arm wrapped around his shoulder. She cooked and baked Taehyung’s favorite meals and hugs her son who is listening to his younger brother. His little brother plays football and he has so many things he needs to say to Taehyung. His mother is trying to look calm because she can’t cry in front of him. She can’t forget that video of her son being by his teacher but she can repeat to herself that he is getting the best care in Leeteuk’s hands. She sees that Taehyung is slowly recovering, Leeteuk said that soon he will be able to go home. Taehyung’s anxiety isn’t so bad as before, he still occasionally suffers from a panic attack but he doesn’t hurt himself anymore. He is also able to let people touch his hands or hug him without freaking out and fighting. 

 

Leeteuk, Yoongi and his parents need to have a serious discussion about his uncle. Yoongi’s mother cried while listening to what her brother did. She trusted him and believed that he will take care of her son and now her heart is breaking. Yoongi’s father just sits there, too shocked to say anything. Yoongi is avoiding looking at his parents and feels bad for hurting his mom. She is okay now but he still feels bad for beating her. Suga caused this, he forced Yoongi to do that. His mother is crying and begging her son for forgiveness and Yoongi starts to cry too. Leeteuk left them in his office and goes in Heechul’s room where the man massaging Taemin. 

 

Kibum was preparing tea for Yoongi’s distressed parents and then sees Yesung sitting on the stairs and smiles at him.

 

“What about we go and have some ice cream?”

 

Kibum reaches his hand to him and Yesung hesitantly stands up. He still isn’t used to regular food after so many years when he ate only old leftovers and Kibum hopes that the ice cream won’t hurt his stomach. The city is small so it isn’t hard to find a small coffee shop where they sell ice cream and Kibum buys two chocolate sundaes. Kibum watches sad Yesung who is slowly eating the ice cream and Yesung’s small hand.

 

“We are your new family, you know that, right?”