One huge nightmare

Shattered minds

Everyone in the house is peacefully sleeping except Yesung. Last few days are living hell for him because he started to suffer from nightmares and hallucinations out of nowhere. No one sees what is happening to him and he is silently suffering.

 

Yesung is sitting in the furthest corner of his room and rocks back and forth on his heels. His whole body is shaking and he is staring in an empty corner across the room. It isn’t empty for him, he sees Ryeowook sitting there.

 

Come with me.

 

Yesung shakes his head no and pressed his palms over his ears but he can still hear his brother’s voice.

 

I am so lonely without you, I know that you remember our promise - we are going to be together forever.

 

Yesung shakes even harder and cries because he doesn’t want to leave with Ryeowook.

 

“I don’t want to leave Siwon.”

 

This made Ryeowook mad and the dark figure quickly flies to terrified Yesung.

 

He wasn’t with you! He didn’t suffer with you but I did!

 

Yesung cries harder and wishes someone to walk in the room to chase his dead brother away. Ryeowook sits down next to him and starts to whisper in Yesung’s ear. After few minutes Yesung can’t take it anymore. The guilt of surviving and living without Ryeowook is too much and he wants to end it. Yesung slowly got up and looks at the window in his room. There is a lock on it but he knows that the window in the hallway doesn’t have a lock. He opened the door of his room and peeked outside only to find the hallway empty, there is no one who could stop him. 

 

Yoongi is going back in his room after he used the toilet and sees Yesung standing in the dark hallway. He stops walking and stares on Yesung until he turned around. Yoongi frowned because something is definitely wrong with Yesung.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Yesung silently turned away from him again and started to walk toward the window.

 

“Hey!”

 

Yoongi’s loud screaming woke up everyone in the house and they run out of their rooms. However it is too late because Yesung already opened the window and he is sitting on the windowsill with one leg hanging out. Wind is playing with his hair and pajama and Leeteuk tries to regain composure.

 

“Yesung, what are you doing? Come back, please.”

 

Yesung only violently shakes his head no and looks down on the lawn under the window. Leeteuk believed that he can get him … but his fingers locked around nothing. They stare at the empty window and hear the hollow thump. Taehyung is screaming on the top of his lungs but it sounds so distant, like it is coming from huge distance. Leeteuk slowly leaned out of the window and looked down.

 

Yesung is lying sprawled on the cold grass few meters under the window and his lips are stretched into a small smile. Leeteuk feels that his knees are shaking and he turned around like a robot. He walked down the stairs and hears that Siwon is coming behind him and he is already calling an ambulance. Leeteuk walked out of the house and the cold wind hit his body. They walked around the corner and see the unmoving body. Few tears are rolling down Leeteuk’s cheeks and he fell down on his knees next to the petite body. He can’t believe that Yesung looks so peaceful, he looks like he is sleeping there. Leeteuk almost feels bad for placing two fingers on the vein on his neck to find out if he is still alive. Leeteuk released a long sigh after he feels Yesung’s heartbeat and they wait next to him until the ambulance arrived. The paramedics take him away and Leeteuk with Siwon go with them. 

 

Siwon is watching Leeteuk speaking with a doctor while he sits on a chair in the empty hallway. The hospital is small and the place is silent, only a nurse occasionally walks past Siwon. Leeteuk finally finished speaking with the doctor and he comes to Siwon to tell him that they can see Yesung. The young man is unconscious and he is lying in a hospital bed with his left arm in a cast. Leeteuk sat down on a chair next to the bed and hides his face in his hands.

 

“I am sorry.”

 

Something breaks in the stressed doctor and Leeteuk started to cry. It was his fault, he is a terrible doctor and he should give back his degree.

 

“I am his doctor! How is it possible that I didn’t see it?!”

 

Siwon doesn’t know what to do so at least he pats his back to calm him down.

 

“They can take him away.”

 

Siwon is confused - who can take him away? He asks him but Leeteuk only sighed and gasps for air.

 

“He is basically my property. But that is a long story.”

 

Siwon leaned back in the uncomfortable plastic chair and turned to Leeteuk.

 

“We have lots of time.”

 

Leeteuk sighed and stares on the dark bruise on Yesung’s forehead.

 

“After his whole family was sentenced and locked in prisons, no one left to take care of him and he was and still is too damaged to live alone. His social worker told me that I could have become his legal caregiver otherwise he would end in one of those big mental hospitals. So I have become his caregiver and the social worker is updated about everything. He could easily take Yesung away from us if he thinks that this whole thing was my fault.”

 

Siwon feels a wave of fear washing over him. He had no idea that some social worker could come and take Yesung away. They can’t take him away! Siwon is silently sitting there and stares at Yesung. Why can’t people leave him alone? Yesung has no one and nothing and yet someone could take the only bit of happiness away from him. Siwon at least thinks that Yesung is happy with them. After few hours Siwon goes to buy a cup of coffee in the small cafeteria downstairs and finds out that there is also a gift shop. Siwon walks inside and looked around the colorful balloons, get well soon cards, stuffed animals and few more things. One stuffed bear caught his attention. The bear is fluffy and grey and wears a red sweater. Siwon smiled and buys it before going back in the room. Leeteuk looked up when the door opened and raised his eyebrows.

“A teddy bear?”

 

Leeteuk pointed at the grey teddy bear in red sweater and Siwon blushed. 

 

“I just wanted to give him something what could belong only to him.”

 

Leeteuk understands him, Yesung came to them with empty hands and they didn’t have the time or an opportunity to buy something for him. Siwon sat the teddy bear next to Yesung’s hand and decided to drive back because Shindong and Kibum might need him and Leeteuk is alone in the room. Well there is one more thing in the room - Leeteuk’s huge guilt. What if he was too focused on Yoongi and missed some signal that Yesung is getting worse? The doctor said that they are free to go as soon as Yesung wakes up so Leeteuk patiently waits and hopes that the social worker won’t come. However, something is telling him that they won’t be so lucky.