Old friend

Shattered minds

Things are slowly coming back to their old order. Kibum takes care of the garden and Taehyung and Yesung like to help him. Only Yoongi doesn’t like spending time out of his room, he doesn’t have his computer so he usually only stares at the white ceiling and thinks about hurting everyone who locked him here. 

 

They live in the peaceful house and don’t know about the disaster which is coming their way. Leeteuk’s old friend Heechul who is a physiotherapist is coming to beg for a big favor. Leeteuk is surprised when he opened the front door and sees Heechul sitting a black haired boy in a wheelchair. He holds the door opened while Heechul pushed the wheelchair inside the house. Leeteuk doesn’t want anyone to interrupt them so he shows Heechul where is his office and Heechul stopped the wheelchair next to the couch and sat down. After exchanging few regular questions Leeteuk asks why did Heechul call him out of nowhere. 

 

Heechul sighed and wipes a bit of drool escaping the boy’s mouth.

 

“This is Taemin and he has Cerebral palsy. We lived in a pretty facility similar to yours but then they got in financial problems and it closed. Leeteuk, we have no place to go and I don’t want to leave Taemin.”

 

Leeteuk can’t say no to Heechul who looks so desperate. The man is on edge of tears and he looks so exhausted from searching for a new home. Leeteuk bites on his lower lip and thinks about the situation. There is an empty room so they have space for two more people, they could also get some support from the government but does Leeteuk want Heechul here?

 

Leeteuk’s eyes landed on Taemin who is sitting in his wheelchair and he feels bad. He can’t say no to them, he might not like Heechul but the well being of such a vulnerable boy like Taemin. 

 

To his surprise Heechul has already boxes with their things in his old car and Siwon helped him with carrying everything inside. Yesung with Taehyung are sitting on the stairs and watch the new people who are invading their house. Kibum is going to speak with them later but for now he tries to help Shindong with putting the new purchased bed together. Heechul is unpacking their clothes and other things while Taemin sits in his wheelchair in the living room. The TV is on so he doesn’t feel lonely but Taehyung and Yesung are slowly making their way toward him. They hesitantly walked to the wheelchair and look at Taemin who doesn’t care about them. He is staring at the TV where is playing some colorful TV show for little kids and slobbers a bit on the small towel which is tied around his neck. Taehyung slowly put his hand on Taemin’s and the boy shrieks loudly out of nowhere. Of course that Heechul heard him and ran in the living room.

 

“Hey! Don’t dare to hurt him!”

 

Taehyung is fast, he simply runs away from the living room and hides in his room but poor Yesung froze in fear when Heechul yelled. The angry man grabbed Yesung’s thin wrist and angrily glares at him.

 

“If you hurt him, I will broke your good arm.”

 

Kibum also heard the yelling and ran to see what is wrong. He immediately got mad and pushed Heechul away from Yesung.

 

“Don’t touch him!”

 

Kibum hides Yesung behind him and Yesung tightly grips Kibum’s shirt while shaking in fear. Kibum and Heechul are close to fighting but then also Leeteuk runs in the room and tries to calm them down. Leeteuk drags Heechul in his office and explains that he can’t act like this. Leeteuk is sure that Yesung would never hurt anyone and told him about his past which made Heechul mad at himself. Sometimes he acts before thinking and he occasionally causes some damage. Kibum is killing him with his hard glare and Heechul hesitantly walked in Yesung’s room. Yesung is hiding in Kibum’s arms and whimpered when the angry man came closer to his bed. Kibum needed a long while before calming down Yesung enough so he could tell him what happened. Kibum wants to smack Heechul but he can’t show his anger in front of Yesung, it could scare him.

 

“I am sorry that I yelled at you, I didn’t give you time to explain what happened but please understand me - Taemin can’t defend himself and I am a bit overprotective.”

 

Yesung refuses to look at him and keeps hiding in Kibum’s arms. This is the only place where he feels safe and he is sure that Kibum will protect him. Heechul stands in the bedroom for a bit longer and then hesitantly walked away. He goes in the living room and Taemin’s cheek. He needs to stop being so protective when they need to live in a house with more people who can freely move around Taemin. Heechul sighs and gently moves Taemin’s clenched hand while listening to Shindong who finally built the new bed. Taemin emits a gurgling noise and Heechul sighs again, their new lives are starting.