Can't I Just Love Him?

The Ice Prince and The Narcissistic Cheonsa
I just realized that it's been more than a week since I updated this fic. Σ(▼□▼メ)

I'm really sorry~ (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

I didn't know updating two fanfics is actually tough lol. Anyway, I'll be busier this coming weeks. But, I still try to update after my job training and all. You can still read weekly updates to my other fic but I'm afraid I can't do weekly update to this fic since "You're Mine Seonsaeng nim" is easier to update because it's original my anime fanfic and I'm just editing it to make it a JeongCheol fic. (and also make the story more realistic)

That's all, enjoy reading Caratdeul! (♥ω♥*)


#############################

"Hi!"

Seungcheol stopped walking, and clicked his tongue once he saw Joshua leaning at their classroom's door, blocking his way in.

It's still six in the morning and few students were at the school right now but, the famous "Gentleman" Joshua Hong was patiently waiting for him outside their classroom.

"Heeeeh~ What was that for?" Joshua grinned at him.

No one is inside their classroom yet.

"Move," he ordered.

The handsome young man only chuckled, Seungcheol frowned.

"Why are you frowning like that? I'm just here to give you this coffee, here!" He said and handed the raven a can of coffee.

Seungcheol stayed quiet, his bored eyes were locked on Joshua's mischievous one.

"You can say thank you, I don't mind," the gentleman smiled.

"You're annoying," Seungcheol sighed.

"Annoying?"

"Yes, you and your best friend. If Jeonghan was annoying number 1, you're the annoying number 2."

Joshua blinked his eyes in confusion, then eventually laughed when he realized what Seungcheol's saying.

"You're also crazy like your best friend," he added.

"Lol! Of course I am!" He proudly said.

Seungcheol sighed more,

"Move, I'm going inside."

"Okay, fine, *giggle* I'm just actually here to say thank you for taking care of our Jeonghannie when he gets sick, I heard what you did for him. Also, thank you for saving him again," he gave Seungcheol a warm and grateful smile.

The latter looked away,

"I just did what I know what's right," he muttered.

"Is that all?" Joshua asked.

Seungcheol found himself frowning again, and looked at Joshua who's wearing his usual mischievous smile while staring at him teasingly.

"What else?" He raised a brow.

He really hates Joshua when he's looking at him like this.

"I don't know, maybe you already like him?" He shrugged innocently.

Seungcheol can't help but to chuckle,

"You're still saying that, huh?"

"Well, I just thought after what happened to you guys the other day you already fell in love with our Jeonghannie. I mean, you know ... He really, really likes you a lot," Joshua explained.

*Silence*

The two only stared at each other,

"Move ..." Seungcheol demanded again, totally ignoring what the young man said.

Joshua only smiled and decided to give up.

"Fine, I'll go ahead *still smiling* I'll give you more time to fall in love with Jeonghannie. But if your time runs out? *Smirk* I'll snatch him from you."

Seungcheol didn't answer. So, Joshua bowed his head a little before taking his leave.

"Snatch him, huh?" He chuckled and went inside their classroom.

.
.
.

Jeonghan wakes up into another nightmare again.

*Panting*

"That ... Again ..."

Sweat trickled down his neck like a flowing stream.

That nightmare, it's been hunting him since he was young.

"This is why ... I hate women," he hissed.

He looks at the time,

"2 am ... Too early," he mumbled.

His head was throbbing and his throat was dry. So, he decided to get off his bed, and get something to drink.

He went straight to the kitchen, opened the fridge, grabbed a bottled of water, and chugged the whole content in one go.

He slammed the empty bottle on the table as he wiped his lips.

"I couldn't sleep after dreaming about THAT again," he sighed.

But still, he went back to his bed.

"So, what to do now?" He asked himself while looking at his cellphone.

He wanted to call his best friend, but he knew he couldn't bother Joshua at this hour. That guy was probably tired, he's always busy.

While scrolling up to his contacts, a certain name caught his eyes.

A beautiful smile crept on his perfect curved lips.

"My ... Hero ..."


*Flashback*

Seungcheol was frowning again when Jeonghan casually pulled his hand to go to the cafeteria to eat lunch with him while the students were watching every move of their Cheonsa, then sent jealous glares to him which makes our Seungcheollie more annoyed.

"Until when will you do this, Blondie?" He asked, really exhausted to this setup.

They just finished eating lunch, and now walking down the hallway to go back to their respective classrooms.

"Hmm? What do you mean Cheollie?" Jeonghan innocently asked while sipping his strawberry milk.

After eating lunch, Cheonsa still bought strawberry milk, he always drinks this particular drink.

Seungcheol sighed, what the hell is he even asking? There's no way this blond will leave him alone in one day.

So, he just changed the topic and said,

"You always drink strawberry milk."

"I love strawberry milk!" Jeonghan chirped.

Seungcheol only hummed,

"Cheollie, can I have your cellphone number?" Cheonsa suddenly asked.

"What for?"

"So that I can call you or send you a text message whenever I miss you," he gave Seungcheol a convincing smile.

"Then no," the young man immediately refused.

So, bothering me at our school is not enough for this Blondie huh? He thought

"Heeeeh~ Why not?" Jeonghan sadly pouted.

"You seriously asking me that?"

"Of course Cheollie!" He smiled brightly.

Seungcheol looked at him in disbelief.

"Please Cheollie I begged you!" Cheonsa suddenly stopped walking, kneeling down in front of him.

"W-what the ... Get up!" He exclaimed.

The students that looking at them were now glaring at Seungcheol.

"Yoon Jeonghan!" He called out, totally annoyed.

But the blond didn't care and continue kneeling down.

"Please give me your cellphone number, Cheollie!"

Oh, God! This is really getting into his nerves. He doesn't know until when he can control his temper. He felt that anytime, he's going to explode.

He started massaging his temple,

"Cheollie~" Jeonghan pouted to him more.

Now, he's hearing the students cursing at him. He let out a heavy, exhausted sigh.

"Give me your cellphone," he gave up.

The blond eyes twinkled, stood up, and immediately gave Seungcheol his cellphone.

He excitedly waited for his hero to type his cellphone number, and after few seconds Seungcheol gave it back to him.

"Thank you Cheollie!" He hugged him tightly.

"Don't call or text me, understand?"

"Yes! I'm going to call and text you."

"Wait, what!?"

*End of Flashback*


"Hmmm ... Is it okay to text him at this hour?" Jeonghan asked himself while looking at his cellphone screen.

He paused,

"I think it's okay ... Well, if he didn't reply, it means he's sleeping, right? But lol who wouldn't? It's two in the morning for pit's sake," he pouted but still texted Seungcheol.

Hi Cheollie! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

"Message sent ... Now, I just have to wait for his reply," he smiled to himself.

So, he patiently waited.

5 minutes passed,

He's still looking at his cellphone screen.

"Okay, few more minutes, yes, yes, he'll reply soon."

Another 5 minutes passed,

"He'll reply soon."

Another 10 minutes passed,

His eyes starting to get tired and sleepy while looking at his cellphone screen.

"He's sleeping," he finally realized.

He started yawning,

He didn't know waiting for Seungcheol's text message could make him tired like this.

He placed his cellphone beside his bed and slowly closed his eyes entering the world of dreamland again.


On the other hand,

Seungcheol is biting his lower lip hard while looking at Jeonghan sudden text message. He doesn't know if he's going to reply or not. Well, it's not that he has to, but he knew that Jeonghan is waiting for his reply. What if that idiot didn't sleep, and waited for his reply until morning?

"Did he seriously texted me at this hour?" He growled in disbelief.

He suddenly wakes up when his cellphone vibrated under his pillow.

It's been 30 minutes passed since he received the text.

"Fine, I'll reply," he gave up.

What do u want?

Message sent.

Badump. Badump. Badump.

He pouted when he felt that familiar pounding inside his chest, "AGAIN"

"Why is my heart acting like this all of a sudden? Why am I too nervous? I only sent him a text message."

He sighed,

"Okay Seungcheol, you already replied, now go back to sleep." He told himself, and went back to his sleeping position earlier.

But then,

"What if he texted me back? I asked him what he wants, right?"

*Silence*

"Argh fine! I'll wait for his reply," he decided.

So our in denial Choi Seungcheol waited for a certain beautiful blond's reply.

10 minutes passed,

"What happened to him?" He frowned.

Jeonghan was not replying to his text message? Is it really possible? What if, something bad happened to him?

He started to feel worried, he wanted to send him another text message, but he doesn't want Jeonghan to think that he's waiting for his text.

But he really did!

Another 10 minutes passed just looking at his cellphone screen and waiting for a text message.

"Should I call him? *pause* Okay, no ... I can't just call him like we were that close, I'm not like him."

1 hour passed,

Now he's freaking out, he's really worried!

" WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM!?"

He furiously typed something to his cellphone but immediately deleted it.

He sighed,

"I'm really going crazy."

A lot of unwanted thoughts came in to his mind.

Did his stalkers kidnap him again?

Did they do bad things to him?

He's still alive, right?

"!"

He grabbed his coat and wore his snickers, ready to go outside to go to Jeonghan's place but, he stopped when he remembered the high security of that certain building. They not going to let him inside that easily.

"I'm doomed, what should I do?"

*Chirping sound*

Seungcheol ground his jaw,

"YOON JEONGHAN!!!!"

"Cheol! What happened?" His Mom immediately entered his room once she heard her son shouted but froze when she saw him wearing his coat and shoes.

She was about to wake him up but Seungcheol suddenly shouted.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked in confusion.

"That Jeonghan ah," Seungcheol chewing his bottom lip while clenching his fists.

"Jeonghan? The beautiful blond?" His Mother asked.

The young man looked down and weakly nodded.

"Did something happened to him?" She asked gently, caressing her son's messy hair.

"He didn't ... Reply to my text," Seungcheol answered back, pouting his lips.

Mrs. Choi's face unknowingly lit up,

So, her son really likes this young man huh?

Honestly, she really didn't care if his son will fall in love with a guy or a girl, as long as his Seungcheol is happy, she will support him.

"Is that so? Well, maybe he fell asleep?"
 
"But he's the one who texted me!" Seungcheol reasoned out like a little child.

"Okay, okay, *giggle* I understand. Why don't you asked him later?" Mrs. Choi suggested.

"I don't want to," he mumbled.

Mrs. Choi chuckled,

Aaaw~ His son is being sulky.

"Come on, let's eat breakfast together so that cute pouting lips of yours will replace to a beautiful smile once you tasted my magical cooking."

Seungcheol stared at his Mother for a moment, then eventually smile.

"There, now you're smiling."

"Thank you, Eomma."


Inside 3-A classroom,

"Yoon Jeonghan, why did you turn off your cellphone?" Joshua asked once he reached his seat next to his best friend.

Jeonghan didn't answer, he even didn't spare him a glance.

"Yah! I'm talking to you!" Joshua pouted angrily.

Earlier, he waited for Cheonsa outside the condominium building he lived, so they could walk together going to their school just like before. He's always busy lately that he can't even spend time with his best friend.

But,

His idiot friend didn't even bother to answer his call and text.

"I turned it off," Jeonghan only answered.

"That's why I'm asking you why?" Joshua asked again, demanding for an answer.

The beautiful blond finally looked at him but with a blank expression.

"Mom's calling ..."

"Huh?"

"She's calling ..."

Joshua was suddenly muted,

So, this is why ... Jeonghan is acting like this?

He knew that his best friend was not on good terms with his Mother. Jeonghan said she only talks to him whenever she needs something. The thing is ... She didn't really care even a bit to Jeonghan. Which is really unfair to his best friend.

Suddenly, Cheonsa stood up,

"Where are you going?" Joshua worriedly asked.

"Buy strawberry milk."

"Wait, I'll come with you."

"No ..."

"Why?"

"Because we have an assignment."

"WHAT!? AGAIN?"

"In our history class," Jeonghan said, Joshua growled.

"Come back here immediately," he demanded while searching for his history notebook inside his bag.

"Okay," Jeonghan gave him a small smile then left the classroom.

Joshua sighed,

"I'm sure his Mother is up to something again."

.
.
.

Seungcheol let out a long yawn while walking inside the school building. The dark circle under his eyes was the result of waiting to the reply of a certain beautiful blond until morning.

"I don't want to see that annoying blond face," he hissed, clenching the strap of his backpack.

But, well, it's Tenshi Academy, where you will find the beautiful living Cheonsa, Yoon Jeonghan.

The blond whom he doesn't want to see is walking along the hallway, successful catching all the attention of the students. Seungcheol frowned, continue walking as if he didn't see the beautiful blond coming ... Until ...

Jeonghan passed him without even looking or greeting him like the usual.

He stopped, Seungcheol's eyes widened in shock from Cheonsa's sudden action.

"So, now he wants to pretend that he didn't see me? That I'm not even existing? Wow! I really can't believe that blond."

He growled in frustration and decided to follow Jeonghan.

"I can't let him ignore me like that!" He grunted, gritting his teeth.

Jeonghan immediately disappeared when he looked back, so he tried to search for him at the snack bar since he knew that maybe he went there to buy strawberry milk since he can't live without that drink. But then, after checking the snack bar, Jeonghan was not there.

"Where is that blond?" He hissed,

He continued searching, he's at the back of their school building right now, until ... Not far from his spot, his eyes caught a group of guys surrounding a certain ... BLOND!

"Jeonghan ah," his name slipped through his lips as he immediately sprinted to where Cheonsa was.

.
.
.

"So, what do you think Jeonghan? Do you want to go out with me now?" A handsome, rich kid whom he introduced himself as Wen Junhui who belongs to a powerful family from China confidently asked our Cheonsa.

Jeonghan was surrounded by Jun's minions now, offering him gifts.

Luxurious bags, a million dollars worth of silver necklace, stuff toys, chocolates, bouquet, and baskets of flowers were now in front of him.

"No," Jeonghan immediately refused.

The rich kid  was annoyed upon hearing Jeonghan's reply.

"Excuse me? Are you rejecting me?" He asked,

"Excuse you, but yes, I am," Jeonghan answered.

"Lol! You can't reject me Yoon Jeonghan!"

"Yes, I can Mister Wen Junhui."

"Your Mother told me I can marry you," he blurted out.

Jeonghan blank expression changed once he heard what this Wen Junhui said.

"Your Mom was at Macau last week and met my Mother at The Venetian Macau."

The Venetian Macau is the world’s largest casino complex.

"They immediately became friends and your Mom told my Mother that she has a beautiful son in Seoul. I'm currently studying here in Seoul right now, and I transferred here at your school just to see you. Actually, I'm not interested in you at first when my Mom told me about you, especially when I learned that you're a guy but, when I saw your pictures that my Mom sent to me, I started to get an interest in you. And now that I met you in person, I think I really fell in love with your enchanting beautiful face."

"I'm not interested in you," Jeonghan only said, turned his back, and was ready to leave but Jun quickly grabbed his wrist.

"We're not done talking yet. Stay here!" He ordered.

"Are you deaf? I told you I'm not interested in you," Cheonsa was now pissed.

So, this is the reason why his Mother was calling earlier. He knew it, she's always doing this to get rid of him. She wanted him to get married as soon as possible so his Dad stopped bothering her about taking care of their only son. Well, from the first place, she really didn't care about him. She's always not around ... She was ...

"No, I said I want you," the handsome Chinese gripped his wrist tighter.

"Let go," Jeonghan ordered.

"No," Jun responds.

"I said let go!" Cheonsa finally shouted.

But Jun only smirked, pulled him closer to him, and claimed his lips.

Jeonghan eyes widened, he tried his best to push the brat away to break the kiss but, Jun only grabbed the back of his head to deepen the kiss. Cheonsa struggled more.

And ...

*Whoosh*

A strong hand suddenly pulled Jeonghan away from the Chinese guy and landed a strong punch to the handsome face of Wen Junhui.

"C-Cheollie?" Jeonghan gasped.

Seungcheol is angrily looking at Junhui like he wanted to kill him right away.

"How dare you to punch me!" Jun yells while caressing his sour cheek.

"I'll ing kill you if you dared to kiss him like that again!" Seungcheol yelled back, ready to throw another punch to the brat's face.

Jun only smirked,

"Who do you think you are to tell me that?" He asked arrogantly.

One of his minions suddenly whispered something to him which makes Wen Junhui sneered.

"So, you're the rumored boyfriend of Jeonghan ah?"

He looks at Seungcheol from head to toe.

"There's nothing special about you. Wait, are you richer than our family?"

Seungcheol only gave him a cold stare,

"No? Wait, are you even rich?"

Seungcheol jaw tightened, what he hated the most were those people comparing their high status to those who can only afford to buy three meals per day.

"Cheollie let's go," Jeonghan gently said, pulling his hero hand.

But Seungcheol glared at him which makes the blond taken aback and unconsciously dropped his hand.

"Oh what's this? Are you now mad at Jeonghan ah because he's rich?"

Seungcheol didn't answer,

"You can't even give the life that Jeonghan deserves. Your family is undoubtedly poor, can you even buy the brand of clothes he wears? The food that he usually eats? No, you can't ... Because your family is poor ... You w---"

"STOP IT!" Jeonghan snapped, feeling really tired of this bull.

He had enough!

Tears started rolling down his cheeks.

Everyone was startled,

Their Cheonsa is crying!

"I don't care about that damn status in life, that's bull! Can't I just love Choi Seungcheol? Am I forbidden to love him because of his ing status in life? Why are you guys like this? Why do you have to care about that damn thing? I love him because he's Choi Seungcheol not because he's poor, not because he can't provide what I need BUT BECAUSE I KNOW I LOVE HIM AND HE MAKES ME HAPPY!"

Jeonghan is catching his breath, he didn't know when did he learn how to rap like that.

Suddenly, Seungcheol pulled him into a tight hugged and whispered,

"Thank you."

"Huh?"

#############################


Comments were highly appreciated so this exhausted author has the inspiration to update! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤