When I'm With You

The Ice Prince and The Narcissistic Cheonsa
"T-t-that!" The color drained out of Joshua's face while looking at Jeonghan's Japanese rice ball.

"Do you want to take a bite?" Jeonghan offers, smiling at his best friend.

Joshua immediately shook his head multiple times,

Why does he feel that the Japanese rice ball emitting dark aura around it?

"Uhmm ... Jeonghannie, I thought rice balls were triangle in shape?"

"Huh? No?"

"Yours were ..."

"They were what?"

Jeonghan accidentally tripped and one of his "Japanese rice ball" fell on the tiled floor.

*Crack*

Joshua gasped, terror overtook his face.

"CANNON BALL!!!" He shouted, freaking out.

Jeonghan frowned,

"Are you trying to make Seungcheol's teeth fall out? How could he ing eat that cannon ball?" Joshua complained,

"It's a rice ball!"

"Jeonghannie, please ... Don't poison Seungcheol, you love him, right?" Joshua said in a serious tone, looking at Jeonghan straight in the eyes.

Jeonghan only pouted, placed the plate of rice ball he made with all of his heart on top of the table,

"I thought you said you're already attending a cooking class?"

"Yes, I did ..."

"Then, what happened?"

"I accidentally burnt down the building."

"WHAT?!"

"Well it's all an accident and it's all that damn teacher's fault, everything I tried to cook they ended up getting on fire. She's supposed to teach me how to make delicious food, right?"

Joshua sighed in defeat, he didn't know if Jeonghan was seriously blaming his teacher from his lack of talent in cooking.

"Jeonghannie, you should take a rest," Joshua decided.

Jeonghan glared at him,

"Are you trying to tell me that I can't cook a damn simple food?"

"Exactly,"

"Y-you, aish!" Jeonghan gritted his teeth.

"Just give up Jeonghannie,"

"I won't ..."

"Fine! Oh by the way, we're going to bake cupcakes in our cooking class tomorrow. I think you should show your talent in cooking to our class," Joshua sneered.

"Stop mocking at me, you idiot!"

.
.
.

Boom!

*Weewoo, weewoo, weewoo*

"Have you heard, something in Home Economics room just exploded."

"Really? But the 3-A class were there, right?"

"Yes, they were---"

Seungcheol eyes widened when he heard his classmates talking about the explosion at the Home Economics room.

"Where did the students go?" He asked his classmates in panic.

His classmates gasped in surprise. 

"I-I don't know," the latter only said.

"Me too," the other one shook his head multiple times.

"My Jeonghannie is there!" Seungcheol hissed and hurriedly bolted out of their classroom.

What's the cause of the explosion? Is someone trying to kill his girlfriend? If he finds out who's that person is, he'll definitely make sure to make that person pay for the damage he caused.

Dammit! He's really worried.

"I hope Jeonghan is safe," he said biting his lips hard.

He went straight to Jeonghan's classroom hoping to see him there and ...

Praise the Lord!

He found his Cheonsa pouting his lips sadly while Joshua lecturing him.

He sighed in relief,

"He's safe!"

He felt his legs weak, well he was too worried. He doesn't know what to do if his girlfriend was hurt.

He stared at Jeonghan for a moment, he then smiled.

"I'm glad nothing bad happens to you,"

Seungcheol decided to return to his classroom before Jeonghan sees him and cling himself to him.

But ...

"!"

Seungcheol jolted in surprise when he heard Jeonghan suddenly curse,

"What happened?" He heard Joshua asked.

"My bracelet!" Jeonghan replied in panic.

"Oh your favorite bracelet?"

"No! It's not only because it's my favorite, but that bracelet is also important to me."

Bracelet? Come to think of it, Jeonghan always wears a silver bracelet, Seungcheol didn't see him removing that bracelet around his wrist even once.

"Uhmm ... Maybe you lost it somewhere after the explosion?"

"I have to find it,"

"Huh? Wait wha---YOON JEONGHAN COME BACK HERE! You shouldn't go t--"

But Jeonghan already runs off.

"Geez ... He's not really listening."

His eyes then landed to a certain raven-haired guy who was stunned when Jeonghan only passed him going outside to find the bracelet.

"Wow~ Now I believe to the power of that bracelet. He even didn't notice Seungcheol standing at the doorway."

Joshua decided to talk to Seungcheol,

"Hey! Think you heard about the explosion?" He gave his signature smile to Seungcheol.

Seungcheol didn't answer,

"Still muted huh, are y--"

"I'll go ahead,"

"Eh?"

Seungcheol also runs to follow Jeonghan.

Joshua left alone, he sighs,

"They really match each other," he chuckled.

.
.
.

"Where, where, where is it I can't find it anywhere!" Jeonghan shouted miserably while searching for his bracelet.

The Home Economics room was currently out of order because of the sudden explosion earlier, it's really messy inside, the whole place was actually burnt down.

"Are you looking for something?"

Jeonghan found himself rolling his eyes once he heard that voice, his frustration became even worst when he knew that he has to deal with this guy in this situation.

"I'm not in the mood to play with you, Wen Junhui," he said coldly, not even looking at the Chinese guy face.

"Oh really? What if I tell you that I found something that belongs to you?"

Jeonghan eyes slowly widen and immediately flickered to Junhui.

"That ..."

"Don't you want your bracelet back?" Junhui smirked.

Jeonghan stood up and tried to snatch his bracelet to the annoying guy but Junhui didn't let him have it that easy.

"Give it back to me!" Jeonghan demanded,

"Do you really want it?"

"Of course idiot, that's mine!"

"Then I'll give it back to you, in one condition."

"My answer is no, now give it back to me!"

Junhui chuckled,

"I'll throw it out of the window if you're not going to listen to me," he warned.

"You won't ..." Jeonghan said venomously.

"I can ... Yoon Jeonghan," Junhui gripped the bracelet tight ready to throw it out of the window.

Jeonghan chewed his bottom lip, this Wen Junhui is really crazy.

"F-fine, what is it?" He decided to ask.

He just wanted the bracelet, no more no less.

Junhui then smiled,

"Break up with Choi Seungcheol and be mine."

"Are you insane?"

"You don't want to?"

"Of course not!"

Junhui face darkened,

"You know how much I love Ch---"

Jeonghan's words cut off and his heart palpitated really fast when he saw his bracelet being thrown out of the window by the jerk Chinese guy.

"NO!"

He tried to catch it but it's already falling to the grass,

"HOW DARE YOU!" He shouted angrily,

! They're in the fourth floor of the school building for goodness sake.

"That's not the answer that I wanted to hear," Junhui only replied with dead tone.

Jeonghan glared at him,

"I hate you!" He cried,

"I know, and I don't care ..."

Jeonghan clicked his tongue,

"I'm already tired with your bull Wen Junhui ..."

"But I'm not done with you until you become mine."

"Shut it,"

It's really tiring dealing with this jerk. Why can't he just leave him alone?

Jeonghan decided to leave and run down the stairs to find the bracelet.

.
.
.

"A-Jeonghan w---"

Seungcheol met Jeonghan at the stairs but Jeonghan only passed him "Again" and ran down the stairs with full speed.

Seungcheol sighed,

"Why are you ignoring me?"

.
.
.

"It's been ... Two hours and he's still searching."

Seungcheol was silently watching his girlfriend while he's searching for the bracelet he lost. He already looks exhausted but he still keeps on searching patiently.

He sighed and looks up the sky, 

"It's going to rain hard," Seungcheol hummed and decided to get his girlfriend before they both drench with the rain.

While,

Jeonghan felt his body was already giving up but he still wants to continue searching.

"I can't afford to lose that bracelet, I have to find it no matter what," he keeps on reminding himself.

Until,

"Jeonghan ..."

He stops,

He looks up and met Seungcheol's worrying eyes.

"Let's go?" His boyfriend asked gently.

Jeonghan pursed his lips and looked away,

"No ..."

"You've done your best. Come, let's go inside."

"No, I have to find the bracelet," he weakly response.

"Is that bracelet ... Important than me?"

Seungcheol's question gave Jeonghan both shock and hurt feelings.

He looks at Seungcheol with his trembling eyes,

"I-I-I ..."

He swallowed hard,

Seungcheol weakly smile,

"You don't have to answer, I'm sorry. I'm just being sulky. You've been ignoring me like I'm not even existing. I keep on chasing you, but you wouldn't even look at me. I've been watching you from a distance since you started searching here ... But you didn't even notice me."

"C-Cheollie ..." Jeonghan voice cracked.

Jeonghan felt stupid, irresponsible, pathetic.

But what can he do?

That bracelet ... Saves him ... That bracelet ... Gave by that person.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to find that bracelet."

So in the end, that bracelet is still more important.

.
.
.

3:19 am

"Cheollie?"

Jeonghan wakes up to find out that Seungcheol didn't sleep beside him.

He immediately panicked,

"Where is he? Is he ... Mad at me?" He asked himself worriedly.

Even though Seungcheol asked him to stop looking for the bracelet earlier, he still continued searching for it until he passed out. He didn't take his lunch or even drink a drop of water.

"Maybe he's angry,"  sadness clouded Jeonghan's features.

He decided to get off his bed and look if Seungcheol slept in the living room or at his Mother's room but when he was about to open the door, it's automatically opened by itself and ...

"JEONGHAN, I FOUND IT!"

Jeonghan gasped, his eyes rounded when he saw his Seungcheol being dirty all over his body.

"Y-you ..."

Seungcheol only grinned to his stunned girlfriend and gave him the bracelet,

"There, don't be sad again, okay?"

Jeonghan was speechless,

"I want to see you smiling," Seungcheol gently smiles at him.

Jeonghan smiles back, shaking his head while gripping the bracelet from his bands.

"Thank you for giving me the bracelet, the second time around."

Jeonghan POV


*Flashback*

"Dad! Dad please open the door it's cold here," I pleaded, crying while banging the door.

"Shut up! Your ing face makes my mood even worst, stay there and don't even tried to get inside or I'll slit your throat!"

Slit my throat, 

I unconsciously covered my throat using my little hands.

Now he wanted to slit my throat huh. So, beating me up every day is not enough for him?

"It's your fault, you have that woman's face!" My Father shouts more.

Her ... Again.

Aaaah~ Guess I'm going to sleep outside again.

"It's cold,"

I looked up the sky, 

"There's not even ... A single star in the sky. If there's no star, is it means ... It's already the end of the world?" I asked myself.

I chuckled,

"Who knows, I'm only 5-year-old, I didn't know a lot of things, especially ... The meaning of happiness."

My Dad didn't allow me to go to school, he always locked me inside our apartment, telling me that if I go outside, I'm also going to leave him just like my Mother.

But then, he also beat the hell out of me almost every day because he was drunk.

He became like this, ever since my Mom left him for another man.

He got really depressed, always hot-temper and always drunk.

Honestly, I really envy children who can go to school, they can meet new friends, play with them at the playground. Then, their Mom and Dad will pick them up at school, they will go to a restaurant and eat there. Then they're going to chat what happen to their day.

Aha ... What a perfect day, I watched an anime like that when I accidentally opened the television when my Dad go to his work.

A complete family is ... Really beautiful.

.
.
.

The next day,

Dad said he will not going home tonight.

He's not going home ... Meaning ... I'M FREE!

"FREEDOM!!!"

Can I go to the outside world?

"Mmmm ... I want to go outside. But Dad already warned me this morning to not leave the house."

I looked up at the wall clock in our living room,

"It's still 9 in the morning ..."

*Silence*

"I'm bored,"

This is my only chance to see the outside world.

I swallowed hard,

"Guess I have to take a risk."

So with a pounding heart, I sneakily went out of our apartment unit without my Dad's knowledge.

He will kill me if he finds out but ... I want to grab my only opportunity.

.
.
.

"Uwaaah! A playground!"

The sunlight, the smell of the trees, the blue sky,

THE CHILDREN LIKE ME PLAYING AROUND!

"Is this ... Heaven?"

A lot of children were playing here!

"I hope I can be friends with them,"

My excitement was overflowing.

*Thud*

"A-sorry, I'm--"

I accidentally bumped into someone,

"My nose hurt," I mumbled while rubbing my nose gently.

"You!" A tall kid who's playing soccer with his four friends suddenly spoke.

I gulped,

He glared at me angrily and grabbed my shirt,

"Are you asking for a fight?"

"N-no, I'm not, I really didn't see you."

He clicked his tongue, I sweatdropped.

"Are you telling me that I'm small?"

"Huh? No I didn't ... I'm so sorry," I immediately begged.

Goodness, I ended up getting into trouble the first time I went out. 

Is this why Dad doesn't want me to go out?

Uwaaah what should I do now?

The kid raised his fist, ready to punch me. I close my eyes praying that it won't be hurt.

But whom am I kidding? Of course, it will be hurt.

It's ... 
It's ...
It's ...

Eh? Not hurt?

It's doesn't hurt ... Wait, not hurt? What's happening?

I slowly opened my eyes and ...

"Let him go,"

My eyes met the most beautiful long lashes eyes I've ever seen in my entire life.

He forcefully removed the grip of the bully around my collar.

The bully winced,

"You!" The tall kid shouted,

He glared at him, the bully unconsciously taken aback.

"L-let's get out of here," the bully decided to withdraw with his friends.

The strong kid then looks at me and ...

"I guess you're new here. Be careful next time," he smiled at me.

Badump. Badump. Badump.

Eh? Eh? Eeeeeeh?

M-my heart,

I clenched my chest.

"Are you okay?" He then worriedly asked me.

"M-my heart, it's hurt," I told him.

"Are you having a ... Heartburn?"

"Heartburn?"

So this feeling called heartburn?

"Sorry, I don't know how to treat heartburn."

"A-no! I-it's okay, by the way, thanks for saving me."

"Hehehe no problem, do you want to buy ice cream?"

"A-ah?"

"Maybe ice cream can make you feel better".

"Really?"

"Yes, I'll treat you, come on!" He grinned, pulling my hand.

Badump. Badump. Badump.

I gasped,

My heartburn is getting worst, I really need ice cream.

.
.
.

"You're too happy to have ice cream. Do you love it that much?"

"Yes!"

The long lashes kid then chuckled,

"So strawberry is your favorite flavor?"

Strawberry? So this ice cream is strawberry flavor,

Then,

"Yes, I love it," I smiled at him brightly.

"I'm glad to hear that. By the way, what's your name?"

I stopped  my ice cream,

He's asking for my name? Wait, what's the meaning of someone asking your name?

A flush crept up my face,

"I-I-I-I ... J-J-J--eong----Han," I stuttered, I'm really nervous.

"Uhmm ... I can't understand you," he said in confusion.

"S-sorry," I pouted,

He only smiles at me patting my head gently,

Badump. Badump. Badump.

What's happening to me? My heartburn is getting back?

"Can I call you Han ah?"

"Eh? A-a-s-sure!" I replied, looking down.

"Call me Scoups, it's my heroic name, nice to meet you, Han ah,"

"H-heroic name? I-I-s-see, n-n-nice to meet you too."

My face is really red, really red, REALLY RED!!!!

But,

An unfamiliar feeling spread all over my body, it's ... Warm.

"If someone bullies you again, just tell me, I'll beat them up for you, I'll be your Hero."

Hero?

So a hero really ... Exist.

"Yes, thank you!"

.
.
.

Ever since I met Scoups, I secretly sneak out of our apartment to meet him and play with him.

When he's at school, I always wait for him at the playground.

After his class, he hurriedly goes to the playground to play with me. He always wears a beautiful smile across his face whenever he sees me. He will then handed me strawberry milk which he always bought to the candy store owned by an old lady near their school.

He said he really likes that old lady because she's really kind to him.

"So, how's school today?" I asked, sipping my strawberry milk.

"Just the same," he replied, shrugging.

"I see ..."

"I hope you're also there."

"Huh?"

"My classmates were all hard to deal with, so I hope you're also there," he repeats.

"W-why?" I asks, addled.

"I just don't like people who're hard to deal with. I like you because you're not like them," he smiled.

"Eh?"

I felt my face heated up,

"Uhmm ... Han ah, are you sick? Your face is red," he said in worry.

"Am I? I-I think i-it's just hot here."

"Oh, yeah, it's summer, it's really hot. But ... Why are you wearing long sleeves shirt? You've been wearing that since I've met you."

"Huh? N-no it's just that--"

I couldn't tell you that my Father's beating me.

"Han ah?"

I have a lot of bruises all over my body, that's why I'm hiding them.

"Hey, Han ah!"

Are you still going to play with me if you found out the truth?

"Han ah!"

Or will you be going to ... Avoid me?

"HAN AH!!!"

My eyes widened,

"I-I-I'm sorry, I have to go!" I said jumping off the swing.

"Huh? But I just got here ... Did I said something wrong?"

"No, I just really have to go, I'm sorry Scoups."

"Wait, Han ah!"

.
.
.

5:32 pm

"The key,"

The key under the doormat was gone!

"Where is it? I did make sure I left it here," I panicked.

I swallowed hard ... And tried to turn the knob using my trembling hands.

The door was unlocked.

*Creak*

My body froze,

"D-Dad?"

Terror overtook my face once I saw my Dad sitting on the couch, looking at me with his usual murderous eyes.

I gulped,

I'm dead.

"Where have you been, brat?" He asked with his icy voice.

I started trembling more,

"I'm sorry Dad," the first words came out of my mouth.

Dad stood up, I jolted,

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!" I keep on apologizing.

He clicked his tongue,

"How annoying ..."

.
.
.

The night came, I'm hearing the crickets singing. But why it's too dark here? There are no stars again? Why is the moon hiding?

"C-cold,"

Cough. Cough. Cough.

My head hurts,

Blood?

Aaah~ I felt dizzy.

"S ... Coups."

.
.
.

"Han ah!"

My eyes felt heavy, but when I heard that voice, I tried my best to open my eyes.

I want to see him, I want to see his face.

"Han ah, Han ah, Han ah!"

"Scoups ..."

"Han ah!"

He hugged me tightly, he's crying ...

"W-why are you ... C-crying?" I asked weakly,

"Han ah, I thought you're going to die," he cried more, still hugging me tightly.

Even though, my heads hurt so much, I still manage to give him a smile.

"I'm not going to die, I still ... Want to play with my Hero."


*End of Flashback*

End of Jeonghan POV


################################


Good afternoon minna san (≧∇≦)/

Yesterday is my off so I have time to update. Hope you guys still enjoying this story. Mmmm ... I guess not? I'm sorry \(;´□`)/

I really don't know what am I writing here anymore since I don't have that solid plot for this story (╯︵╰,)

Gomenasai ヽ( ´¬`)ノ