20: BE WITH YOU

Everyday With You

“Is it just me, or you and Reen seem closer?” Junhong says, sitting next to Jongup after practicing his dance routine. Jongup, munching his burger looks at the youngest.

 

“On what term?” He asks continuing munching.

 

“I don’t know. Whenever Reen came to the studio, you unusually a bit cheery and talkative. I swear I feel a dark aura from Daehyun staring at both of you.” Junhong speaks up his thoughts, drinking his water. It’s not just him; everyone notices how close you and Jongup recently. He also realizes Himchan has been eyeing on Jongup whenever he talks with you.

 

“Do you like Reen?” Junhong asks, looking at Jongup. He notices a slight change of Jongup’s expression, validating his theory. Jongup has a crush on you.

 

“I’ll be honest. Yes, I like her.” Jongup says plainly, what more to hide from Junhong. Junhong is his best boy and the closest member in B.A.P.

 

“You not afraid of Daehyun?” Jongup shrugs, Daehyun does overprotective over you, but he can’t keep you in his possession forever. He also knows about Himchan got a thing with you but, the best man win.

 

“I might try to ask her out soon.” Jongup crumbles the wrapper and gets up, leaving Junhong in astonishment.

 


 

“Is there any way you can fix this one, Reen?” Jongup slowly slides the laptop to you. You look at the laptop’s screen, thinking.

 

“Yeah. Sure. $10, please.” You hold out your hand, wriggling your brows to Jongup. He laughs and gets up to buy some snacks without saying any words. You looked back at the screen and began to fix the design. Both of you have been spending some times in your studio to finish up his project.

 

“I really want this to end fast so I can focus on Himchan again.” You mumble as you take a break from your assignment. You lean back on your chair, waiting for Jongup to come back from the store and closing your eyes for a moment before you slowly drifting off to sleep.

 

“Hey.” You feel your cheek cold, but you only grunting, still closing your eyes.

 

“What is it, Jongup? Let me get some five.” You mumble, fixing your position.

 

“Jongup?” Your eyes wide open as soon as your brain registers the voice. You get up and look at the person looking at you intensely.

 

“Himchan, what are you doing here?”
 

“I called you, but you didn’t answer, so I figure out you are in busy mode at the studio. I brought you some snacks and drinks.” His eyes are wandering around, notices Jongup’s bag.

 

“Seems I come in at a bad time?” He looks back at you, waiting for an answer.

 

“I don’t know what did you conclude in your mind, but there’s nothing between us.” You say, trying to process everything as your mind still foggy. Himchan let out a sigh. You glance at the time, it has been ten minutes since Jongup left, he might come in any minute now, and you don’t want Jongup to see both of you together.

 

“Himchan, I’m sorry, but I think you should leave.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because Jongup doesn’t know about us. I don’t want to risk anything.” You say, with your eyes half pleading. Himchan looks at you, indescribable feelings mixing up in him. Why do they both need to keep hiding from them? Just because of Daehyun. Just because you are Daehyun’s little sister, he has to hide their relationship.

 

“Then risking our relationship is better?” Himchan says, cold. Silence taking over between you and Himchan.

 

“N-no… You know, I didn’t mean that.” You sensing your boyfriend is not himself today as you try reaching out for his hand. Himchan pulls his hand before you could touch it, leaving you surprised.

 

“Himchan…” You bite your lips. What’s gotten into him? Himchan gets up, letting out a heavy sigh.

 

“I should go. I don’t want Jongup to misunderstand us.” He says, leaving you in a daze. Himchan walks out in mix feelings. He wants to see you after a long day, he just got betrayed by his own classmate who steals his workpiece, and he just wants you to hug him and comfort from you.

 

“Himchan.” You chase him at the hall, try to catch up with him. Himchan turns to feel a sudden warmth, wrapping around him. He looks at you, embracing him tightly.

 

“R-“

 

“I’m sorry…” You say, looking up and search for his eyes. Himchan gazes into your eyes, and you can see how shock he is right now. Right now, you don’t care if anyone sees you and him together.

 

“Have you eaten? Let me take my bag, and we can get dinner together.” You caress his cheek softly.

 

“No… You are busy…” He hugs you tight, burying his face on your shoulder. You can feel him inhaling his breath deeply. You pat his back, soothing him.

 

“You have your reason to come here. I can’t let you go home now. I’m sorry for what I said just now. I- I-“ You getting teary for no reason. You filled with guilt, and you hate seeing Himchan all gloomy. Himchan pulls away, cupping your cheeks.

 

“Hey… Why are you crying?” He chuckles, what a weird woman. Usually, women hate saying sorry. But, you keep saying sorry all over and almost crying. He kisses your eyes, caressing your cheeks.

 

“Are you gonna be long with Jongup? I’ll wait at the library.” He asks, smiling. You look at him, sniffing and shaking your head. You will finish it as soon as possible, knowing Himchan will be waiting for you.

 

“He just paid me to do his business project, and we were finalizing the brand, and I swear we didn’t do anything, I only do my job. Professionally, and, and-” You rambling out, trying to convince Himchan that you aren't cheating him over Jongup.

 

“I trust you.” Himchan pecks your lips, holding his smile. The heavyweight on him just now lift up a little after seeing you. You both bid goodbye before Himchan left to the library and you go back to your studio.

 

“Where were you?” You look at Jongup who blowing the ramen softly.

 

“I told you not to eat ramen in the studio. You already got two strikes for dripping the soup on my stuff.” You look at Jongup, crossing your arms.

 

“This time, it won’t happen.” Jongup slurps the ramen, eating it happily. You shake your head, walking back to your seat. You continue the project, trying to finish it soon so Himchan won’t need to wait.

 


 

You and Himchan walk hand in hand in silence. You glance at Himchan who is spacing out for a while now. Something is wrong with him. Is he still mad? You squeeze his hand to grab his attention. Himchan looks at you, smiling.

 

“Do you want to eat?” He asks, turning back to his usual self. However, you just look at him, trying to see deep inside him. Himchan nervously waiting for your response but your stare makes him look away.

 

“Is something wrong?” You finally break the silence.

 

“N-no… You just keep staring at me, my heart might explode soon, Reen.” Himchan says, covering his mouth with his free hand. You blink your eyes before you realize what have you done.

 

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to melt your heart.” You chuckle. Himchan looks back at you, smiling. For him, being with you already enough.

 

“You can lean on me, Himchan.” You say, gazing at his eyes softly.

 

“What?”
 

“You don’t have to be strong when you are with me. You can lean on me when you need to. I’m here.” You say, comforting him. Himchan finally smiles warmly, pulling you into his embrace.

 

“Why you are so adorable, Reen? You need to tone down before my heart really explode.” He chuckles, buries his face on your shoulder. His hair tickles your cheek, his warmth and scent take over you. You hug him back.

 

“I’m here. Always.” You say softly, caressing his back. Himchan closes his eyes, inhaling your scent.

 

“I miss you… I need my energy back. You are my energy, Reen.” Himchan mumbles. You let out a chuckle, patting his back. Both of you sway side to side, playfully.

 

“Are we gonna stay like this forever?” You finally ask Himchan after both of you stay like this for a while. Himchan nods fast.

 

“I’m still not fully recharge.” Himchan whines, pulling you closer. You smile, closing your eyes. You let Himchan takes his time before he hesitantly pulls away.

 

“Let’s charge up with foods. Foods are always the best when you are feeling down. There is a place where Daehyun and I always go whenever we are feeling down.” You say, caressing his cheeks softly. He nods, letting you lead to the place. Both of you walk interlacing your fingers together, swaying your hands.