SPECIAL: Christmas With You

Everyday With You

"What do you want for Christmas?" you ask Himchan who playing his guitar, randomly tuning some melodies. You sit beside him, watching him plucking the guitar's string.

 

"Just you," Himchan says, grinning. He quickly pecks your nose before continues plucking the string. You puff your cheeks, trying to shrug off the embarrassment.

 

"I'm already here with you." You smile, caressing his hair. He let your fingers play with his hair. What does he want for Christmas? Himchan looks at you, gazing at you softly.

 

"What do you want for Christmas?" Himchan asks back. You pout at him, however a thought pop out and you gleefully answer him.

 

"A date!" You say happily. You and Himchan have been busy because of the final year thus both of you didn't get a proper date. Don't forget how Daehyun always stalking both of you after he knows about you and Himchan is dating. Today, both of you literally sneak into B.A.P's studio after gaining Yongguk's permission.

 

"Date? Hmm..." He thinks for a while, considering it. He has been busy with his final project and unable to spend more time with you.

 

"When? Maybe I can free up my time for you." He smiles, agreeing. You instantly take your bag and rummaging through it. You take out a pair of tickets.

 

"I actually won a pair of ticket to an orchestra this Christmas's eve. Will you be free?" You look at him half pleading. You really want to spend your Christmas with your boyfriend. Himchan let out a chuckle, he takes the ticket to read the description. His eyes immediately went wide as soon as he read the performers' list.

 

"This is-"

 

"Your favorite musician! Yes! So you have to come. Okay?"  You hold his hands, grinning ear to ear.

 

"You won? But, how? This is a rare ticket." He looks at you, disbelief. You tell him that it's a woman's secret. The truth is, you went through blood, sweat, and tears to gain this tickets. It is not easy.

 

"I will free up my time. For you." He smiles happily, hugging you tightly. You hug him back, inhaling his scents.

 


 

It's Christmas's Eve and you are waiting for Himchan at the subway. You blow some air on your palms, trying to reduce the cold.

 

"Where is he?" You check out the time, anxiety crawling into you. Is he okay? Will, he got here in time? Did something happen to him? You look around, hoping to catch a glimpse of him heading towards you, but no luck. You let out a sigh, praying for the best. A notification pops in, you quickly check the message.

 

"I'll be a bit late. Go to the venue first." - Himchan

 

"Okay. I'll wait for you there. I trust you." - Reen

 

You head to the concert venue before Himchan, however, he still hasn’t arrived even though the show will get started real soon. You anxiously waiting for him, checking your phone. The night is getting colder but you didn’t budge from where you stand.

 

“Miss, the show will be starting soon. You should head inside now.” Staff comes to you to attend you to your seat. You hold your tickets tight, shaking your head.

 

“It’s fine, I’m waiting for my boyfriend. His ticket is with me.” You politely refuse their offer ushering you. Pressing your screen, you call Himchan. He immediately answers your call.

 

“Hey, Reen. I’m so sorry, I-”

 

“It’s fine. I know you are busy with your final. I’ll just get inside first. Maybe we can grab dinner together later?” You say, swallowing up your sad voice. You don’t want him to think you are clingy.

 

“You sure? I did a reservation at a restaurant. I’ll send you the location and we’ll meet after the show?” Himchan says guiltily. You agree, hanging up and walk inside the venue with your heart full of upset feeling.

 


 

The lights already dim as you sit at the designated seat. You glance at the empty seat beside you that was meant for Himchan. You lean back and try to divert your focus on the show. You have been through hell to get this tickets, you shouldn’t waste it with mourning over your boyfriend.

 

“Tonight, we actually got some special guests from an Elite University, performing a special song.” The host announces the news after some opening speech.

 

“Elite University? That’s ours.” You regain your focus, however, the host said the special guests will perform last. The performance is spectacular that you really wish Himchan is here to see it together. As the performance end, everyone clapping mannerly.

 

“Our special guests seems to be getting eager to perform next. Without further a due, let’s give an applause to the vocalists of B.A.P from Elite University!” Even though the applause is in a good manner, you couldn’t help but to froze in your seat. The who what now?! Then you saw your boyfriend walking to the grand piano followed by your brother and Youngjae. The three of them bow to the audiences. You and Himchan eventually locking eyes. He smiles meaningfully at you before he greets everyone.

 

“Good evening to all of our guests tonight. We are so honored to be able to perform in this prestigious annual event. I’m Kim Himchan, a senior year of Music, majoring in Music Instrument. Beside me is my fellow juniors, Jung Daehyun, and Yoo Youngjae. Both of them majoring in vocal music. The three of us have our own six members’ music group called B.A.P. Please give us much love and look out for us.” Himchan ends his greeting with another bow to the audience.  The three of them head to their position. Himchan sits on the chair, ready to play the piano.

 

“The song that we will sing is Baby Baby by 4Men.” Daehyun briefly explains the song and the lights starting to dim out and focusing on the three of them. The music starts and Himchan gracefully plays the keys on the piano. You watch him in awe, you never see him plays the piano. It has always been his guitar. Daehyun’s voice start to echoes throughout the concert hall follows by Youngjae. The vocalist duo sing in harmony captivated the audiences. Your smile spread wide watching them perform. As soon as the song end, the audience applause louder than before. You are bursting with proud feeling, clapping your hands happily.

 

“Thank you so much. We hope you will have a great holiday and we wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.” The three of them bow and leave the stage. Your phone rings a notification. You check the message.

 

“Meet me in front of the hall. Let’s go to dinner together.” – Himchan

 

You smile and reply the message. Everyone starts to leave the hall, you wait for a moment for the hall a bit vacant and walk out.

 


 

“Reen,” Himchan calls you as soon as he’s out from the hall. You look at him, walking to you. Daehyun and Youngjae walk out seconds after that.

 

“You guys are so great! I'm so shocked to see you guys on the stage.” You says gleefully.

 

“Well, sister. Looks like your brothers will get famous soon. So you have to get our autographs now before it’s getting expensive to get it.” Daehyun says proudly. You scowl at him before continue gushing over the performance they did. Himchan smiles before takes your hand in his, Daehyun widen his eyes upon seeing the scene in front of him.

 

“Gotta go. We got a special dinner.” Himchan says, practically dragging you away.

 

“Hey! Don’t be home too late or I’ll tell mom and dad!” Daehyun shouts giving the both of you warning. You smile, hugging Himchan’s arm and look back to see how furious Daehyun’s expression is. You stuck your tongue out to Daehyun.

 

“Jung Reen!”

 

“Aish, Jung Daehyun. Shut up and let your sister date.” Youngjae pulls Daehyun away, he also got a date with Nara who is waiting for him at home.

 

“I’m sorry.” Himchan apologizes.

 

“For what?”

 

“Literally stood you up in front of the concert hall. I want it to be surprised.” Himchan looks at you. You smile. You were mad at him for making you wait but everything worth it watching him on the stage.

 

“Did you meet your favorite musician?” You ask, changing the subject. Himchan nods fast and gleefully tells you how it happens. You smile, listening to his experience meeting his idol. Both of you arrive at a high-end restaurant.

 

“Wow, this looks expensive.” You say, following Himchan inside. Himchan says something to the waiter and you both get an to a private table. Himchan, being a gentleman, pull a chair for you. You thank him and take a menu from the waiter. Your eyes widening as you saw the prices.

 

“Himchan…” You whisper, looking at him worriedly.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Are you sure about this place? It’s so expensive.” You let out your concern. To be honest, you are overwhelmed with happiness but you don’t want him to splurge out for you. Himchan smiles.

 

“It’s fine. It’s for all the things you have done. I know you pay hell for the tickets and I want to repay for the times you have been waiting for me just now.” Himchan says, holding your cold hand. A faint red appears on your cheeks, feeling embarrassed, but, your inside feels warm.

 

“Order anything you want. I got it.” Himchan assures you, kissing your hand.

 

“Fine, fine. Don’t do this here.” You pull your hand instantly, getting flushed with his sudden cheesiness. Both of you send out the orders. Your eyes wandering around the restaurant. The ambiance of the restaurant really high class and you feel unfit with it. Unconsciously, you fixing up your dress and hair. Himchan watches you before he holds both of your hands, stopping you.

 

“You are beautiful just the way you are, Reen.” Himchan smile sincerely. He loves you in whatever clothes you wear. You are perfect in his eyes and he doesn’t mind your flaws. Himchan pulls your hands closer to him, he blows some air, warming up your hands.

 

“You must be cold waiting for me outside. I’m really sorry.” He gives you small kisses on your knuckles. You are speechless and frozen with his gestures. You can feel your cheeks and ears are getting flushed red.

 

“You are so cute.” He let out a chuckle, releasing your hands.

 

“Shut up.” You say, drinking your water to hide your embarrassment.

 


 

“The dinner is so delicious. Thank you, Himchan.” You say to him, walking beside him hand in hand. Himchan puts your hand in his jacket’s pocket, insisting that he is an affordable hand warmer.

 

“We still have somewhere to go. Christmas’s eve still here.” Himchan says, glancing at you. You look at him, puzzled.

 

“You will know when we get there,” Himchan says, trying to assure you. His fingers intertwined with yours, holding it firmly.

 

“Woah…” You walk inside a piano room, mouth slightly open in awe. In front of you is a grand piano. Himchan casually sits on the chair, inviting you to sit beside him. You sit beside him, looking at Himchan quizzically.

 

“Do you know how to play?”

 

“A bit. I do know a basic.” You say. He places his hands naturally on your fingers, fixing it to match with the keys. You awkwardly play the piano.

 

"Just play this notes, follow the score. I'll play the rest." Himchan says, his fingers starting to dance on the piano keys, matching up with your fingers. You almost miss a beat due to the note far from the reach, however, Himchan reaches out and save it in time. You both look at each other, smiling, putting an end to the song you both play.

 

“I love you…” Himchan says before sealing your lips with his. You close your eyes, receiving his touch. Both of you share a passionate kiss for a while before Himchan pulls away, half breathless. He grins.

 

“You know I’ve been wanting to kiss you since I saw you from the stage?” Himchan says, whispering.

 

“Do you have to say that?” You cover your face, embarrass.

 

“Yes, because I love seeing you all flustering and blushing.” He pulls your hands, gazing at you affectionately.

 

“Stop it…”

 

“What?”

 

“The cheesiness.”

 

“But, it’s true.” Himchan laughs watching you being flustered. You don’t know how long it will take before your heart explodes.

 

“I- I have a present for you!” You get up from the seat and scurry over to your bag. You take out a small paper bag and give it to Himchan.

 

“What is this? I thought my Christmas’s gift is the concert?” Himchan says, holding the paper bag.

 

“Nope. Well, you didn’t tell me what do you want for Christmas and technically, the date to the concert is my wish, not yours.  Open it up.” You say, excited. Himchan smiles and open the gift. He takes out a knitted pastel red scarf.

 

“Wow… Did you made this?” You nod quickly, grinning ear to ear. You made a pair of mittens for Daehyun and snow caps for B.A.P but you spend extra times to knit a scarf for yourself and Himchan.

 

“One and only. I even knitted your initial here.” You hold the scarf and show Himchan his initials sewed on the scarf. Himchan smiles widely seeing his initials, “KHC”.

 

“Wait, the color is similar to yours.” Himchan looks at your scarf hanging nearby.

 

“I made that too. Well, it’s kind of lame but I want a couple item for both of us, so I knitted these for us.” You say, fidgeting your blouse.

 

“It’s perfect. Now everyone will know that we are a couple.” Himchan cuts you off with a tight hug. He kisses your forehead, thanking you.

 

“I didn’t get anything for you though…” Himchan pouts. You grin before kissing him softly.

 

“I don’t need anything. Just you. Besides, your time spends for me despite your tight schedule is the best present.” You smile warmly, caressing his cheeks.

 

“Why you so cute, Reen?” Himchan presses his lips on yours, hiding his blushed face. You let out a giggle, kissing him back.

 

“Merry Christmas.” Both of you whispers to each other, embracing the moments.