18: A TIME FOR YOU

Everyday With You

You are doing your project in your studio when you hear a knock on your door. The door opens and Himchan’s head pops in, smiling brightly.

 

“I know I will find you here.” He said, walking inside and close the door. You turn your chair to face him.

 

“What is it?” You smile, watching him getting comfortable on the stool you brought specially for him.

 

“Just missing my girlfriend.” He leans close to you and pecks your lips. You blink your eyes several times, frozen. Himchan grins, he loves watching you startled from his kisses. He can see various kind of reactions just from a kiss.

 

“What was that for?” You said, fixing your hair hoping your embarrassment will go away soon.

 

“I told you, I miss you,” Himchan says, smiling. You shake your head, shrugging him off before turning back to your project.

 

“Don’t you have classes or practice today?” You ask, typing away some words for your report.

 

“No. Little Mihyun got food poisoning and Yongguk got the freakout and ditches everything. So, we got free time.” Himchan spiraling around with his stool, watching you. He is hoping you can free up your times and have a date with him knowing you don’t have any classes for today.

 

“That’s awful. Let’s visit them later.” Your eyes still fixated on the screen, typing.

 

“Hey, Reen.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Pay attention to me.” Himchan whines.

 

“Five minutes.” You say, continuing your work. Himchan pouts, giving up and plays with his phone. A notification buzzes on your phone, you glance to see the recipient before you read it.

 

“Ah!” You immediately get up and pack up your things. Himchan looks up to see you being panic.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

“I forgot I got a meeting with Jongup. I got to go. Don’t forget to lock the door okay?” You rush out from your studio, leaving Himchan startled on his stool. What? Jongup? An uneasy feeling creeping into his heart.

 


 

“You seems closer with Jongup these days,” Nara says watching you typing on your laptop. You stop typing and look at her.

 

“What?”



“You and Jongup. Youngjae told me you have been meeting him a lot lately. Did Himchan knows?” Nara observes your reaction like a tigress. You frown.

 

“Why would I tell Himchan about me seeing Jongup? We only meet for business. Nothing else. Besides, he’s the same age as I am so we both kinda get into each other a lot.” You say, continuing typing. Nara huffs, she holds your laptop threatening you by half close the screen.

 

“Hey!”

 

“You, my girl is so oblivious is it? Himchan should know.” Nara raises her eyebrow.

 

“What do you mean?” You finally focusing on your best friend after saving the documents. Nara sipping on her drink, trying to put it into words.

 

“You and Himchan are dating right?”

 

“Y… Yes?”

 

“While Jongup is his friend and also his band member.”

 

“Yeah, so?” You roll your eyes, hardly try to interpret what Nara says.

 

“Don’t you get it? If Himchan doesn’t know about your meeting Jongup for business, he will be misunderstood.” Nara explains. You tilt your head before laughing wryly.

 

“So, you are saying that Himchan might be jealous?” Nara nods fast.

 

“Nara, no one knows about my relationship with him to begin with except you and Youngjae. What should I say to Jongup? I’m dating your band member, Kim Himchan?” You furrow your eyebrows, thinking. Nara let out a groan.

 

“You really don’t get it, do you?”

 

“No, I get it. However, I don’t see the need to tell Himchan everything I do. I can befriend with anyone that I want. Jongup is a good friend and a client.” You say firmly. Nara shakes her head sideways, how stubborn. Like Daehyun, like Reen.

 

“Right, like I didn’t warn you.” Nara packs up to go to her next class and bid goodbye. You watch her walking out from the café. You let out a sigh, seriously.

 


 

“Hey, Reen.” Jongup comes to you, looking nervous. You turn to look at him from your phone. You are waiting for Himchan to finish his class in the café.

 

“Oh, hey. Just finish your class?” You smile, being polite. Jongup is your brother’s friend. He is known as a quiet type but when his mouth opens, he can be savage as Youngjae. Daehyun always explodes because of him. Jongup sits in front of you after he got your permission to sit.

 

“You can drop the honorific.” You smile, trying to let loose and make Jongup relax. Jongup smiles, nodding.

 

“So… I heard you are an art student.” Jongup says, almost mumbling. You lean in, trying to grasp what he says.

 

“Pardon? I didn’t catch that?” You grin. Jongup says more clearly. You nod.

 

“Yes. So…?”

 

“I need your help for my assignment. I'll pay for you. I know you also do a freelance job from Daehyun.” Jongup half pleads. You raise your eyebrow.

 

“What kind of job?”

 

"Making a logo for my group."

 

"Group? B.A.P?"

 

"No, no. It's my class group. We have to make a business group and I want the brand to keep on moving even after the assignment end. Will you help me?"

 

"Fine. Pay me $300."

 

"T-Three?" Jongup stammers. You laugh.

 

"Oh jeez... Just pay me with foods on every meetup. However, if your brand success, I need my royalties. Deal?"

 

"Deal! You are the best!"

 

“What kind of business are you into?” You ask, your head start to brainstorming some ideas.

 

“Apparel.”

 

Thus, you and Jongup have been meeting each other. Usually after Jongup’s classes. You both brainstorming for a brand together. Jongup is determined to keep his brand ongoing. You let out a sigh, it won’t be a problem, right?

 


 

“Can you unfold this blindfold now?” You say to Himchan, smiling.

 

“Nope.” Himchan grins, driving the car he borrows from his sister. He decides to drags you out from your studio or you both will never have time for each other. You lean back on the passenger seat, listening to B.A.P’s songs in Himchan’s playlist. There are some unreleased songs been played and you love it.

 

“You dare to play your unreleased songs to me?” You ask him, tapping your fingers with rhyme.

 

“Does Daehyun plays any song to you?”

 

“He did. He trusts me for it.” You smile. Himchan holds your hand, intertwined your fingers.

 

“Well, I trust you too.” He smiles. You can feel an instant blood rushing on your cheeks, you turn your head facing the window, hand still holding his.

 

“T-Tell me when we are there.” You stutter. Himchan let out a chuckle, gripping your hand tighter. His eyes glancing at you from time to time.

 

“Amusement Park!” You beam in happiness. It’s been a while since you went to an amusement park.

 

“But, why?” You look at Himchan, unable to control your smile.

 

“You are so busy and look stress, so I thought maybe we both should let out some steams here. Plus it’s weekdays.” He smiles, pinching your cheeks. He couldn’t resists it when you look so happy like a child.

 

“S-Stop it~” You hold his hands, trying to escape. Himchan let go of your cheeks before holds your hand and walk to the ticketing counter. You both walk inside with you being giddy everywhere. You saw a shop selling various kind of headbands, you remember you bought one with Daehyun the last time you went.

 

“Let’s buy a couple headbands!” Himchan says pulling you to the shop. You got startled with his sudden excitement.

 

“I always want to have a couple things with my girl.” He says as soon as you both inside, he looks around the shop, prying the perfect headband for you. You also look around for a headband.

 

“This.” Himchan puts on a white chic-like rabbit headband on your head, positions it carefully not to ruin your hair. You froze on your place, letting Himchan do whatever he wants on your head.

 

“So cute.” He beams happily, caressing your red cheeks. You are still frozen on your place, feeling bashful with Himchan’s gestures.

 

“Pick one for me.” He says, grinning. You blink your eyes before you look around to pick a headband that will suit him. You decide to take the same chic-like rabbit headband but in black colour.

“Here.” You tip toed to wear the headband on his head. Himchan smiles and bends down to let ease your work. As you put it on his head, both of you facing each other, eyes level.

 

“We both are cute aren’t we?” Himchan says, still smiling. You let out a chuckle, nodding. Both of you pay for the headbands and walk out to enjoy the rides. You look at the amusement park’s map to choose which ride you are going to go first.  

 

“Reen.”

 

“Yes?” You say without looking at Himchan. He looks at you getting immersed in the map. He calls you again until you look up.

 

//CLICK//

 

“Himchan!” You yell, surprise with Himchan snapping a selfie of both of you. Himchan checks the photo, grinning ear to ear. You try to look at the photo.

 

“I look derpy!” You pout. Himchan keeps his phone in the pocket, smiling.

 

“No, it’s not. You are cute. Kim Himchan’s cute girlfriend.” He says before holding your hand and walk to the nearby ride. Your date are just starting but your heart already in the edge to explode from Himchan’s gestures.