1YEAR SPECIAL: WATCHING YOU ALWAYS

Everyday With You

Bang Yongguk quietly walks to his class, his earphones tuck in his ears. Various kind of music is being played in his iPod, blasting thru his ears. With a pullover sweater and a pair of jeans, messy hair but intimidate gaze. He is seen as a lone wolf in his class. However, he is still friendly enough. He is favorite among his lecturers. As always, he takes place next to the window. He stares down, waiting for someone to walk by.

 

“Waiting for someone?” A familiar voice greets him, but he still stares. He doesn’t want to misses it.

 

“Oh. You here.” Yongguk says, to be polite.

 

“Oh. You here? That’s how you greet your best friend?” Himchan sits next to him, he extends his neck to see what Yongguk’s up to.

 

“Who are you waiting for?” Himchan asks again.

 

“None of your concern,” Yongguks says, turning to look at Himchan annoyingly. Himchan pulls away, raising his hands defeated. Yongguk looks at the window again, a small smile appears as he saw the person he was waiting for. He watched the person passing by, heading towards the other faculty. After the person enters the faculty, Yongguk turns ahead and prepares for the class.

 


 

“Hey, are you Bang Yongguk?” A feminine voice reaches his ears right after his music stop. He looks up, shock. The voice owner smiles, saying something unheard as the next music in the playlist plays. Yongguk immediately pause his playlist.

 

“I’m sorry. What did you just say?” Yongguk asks bashfully. The lady giggles. Yongguk blinks his eyes several times before he’s back in reality. It’s the lady he always watches from the window.

 

“You are Bang Yongguk, right?” she asks.

 

“Yeah. I am. Is there something I can help you?” Yongguk tries to bring back his composure.

 

“Oh, well… I’m Han Minjung.” She stretches out her hand, grinning. Yongguk looks at her hand, slowly shakes it.

 

“Nice to meet you. Do you need my service?” Yongguk asks. He has been taking side jobs writing and compose music for people while managing his band, B.A.P.

 

“Oh, no. I think you look charming. Can I have your number?” Minjung asks, blushing. Silence takes over between both of you. Minjung waves her hand in front of Yongguk’s face.

 

“I- I’m sorry?” Yongguk stammers, embarrassed. Minjung grins nervously, a pink shade getting dark on her cheeks.

 

“So- so, can I? Or we might hit to a café and grab a coffee together?” Minjung asks shyly. Yongguk finally breaks a smile, making her startled.

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 


 

Yongguk stares out of the window, waiting for Minjung to appears. A sheepish smile drew on his face as he saw Minjung walking out of her faculty. Himchan watches his best friend grinning like an idiot.

 

“You are creeping me out, Yongguk.” Himchan finally says, propping his chin. Yongguk glances at Himchan before fixing his gaze back on her.

 

“You are creepier than me,” Yongguk says.

 

“At least I don’t stalk a woman from our class’s window.” Himchan teases, smirking. Yongguk ignores him, continues watching over her.

 

“You got her number. Ask her out.” Yongguk turns to look at Himchan after Minjung out of his sight.

 

“What?”

 

“Ask her out,” Himchan says. He never sees Yongguk head over heels for a woman, and it’s quite an amuse sight. Yongguk shakes his head.

 

“I did and she said yes,” Yongguk mumbles, a faint of red shades appear on his cheek. Himchan widens his eyes, amused with what he just saw. Bang Yongguk being bashful and blushing over a woman?!

 

//click//

 

“Kim Himchan!” Eventually, Himchan deletes the photo he took after Yongguk finally has guts to ask Minjung out. Or is he?

 


 

“Yongguk, wake up!” Minjung shakes Yongguk’s body furiously, waking him from his slumber.

 

“What?” He groans, burying his face on the pillow. He just got some sleep after pulling an all-nighter for days. However, Minjung pulls him around, so he faces her.

 

“What is this?” Minjung put her fingers right on his face. Yongguk opens his eyes to see and close his eyes back.

 

“A ring, Han Minjung,” Yongguk says, turning his back on her, continue his sleep. Minjung, looking at him disbelief, trying to register what happens.

 

“What ring? Wait. Yongguk! Get up, you shouldn’t d-” She gasps as soon Yongguk holds her wrist and pulls her onto his chest.

 

“You are so loud in the morning.” Yongguk mumbles, pulling her face close so she couldn’t say a word. Minjung muffles trying to escapes before froze when Yongguk buries his face on her neck.

 

“Han Minjung, the ring is yours… I bought it for you so you can be mine. Be my other half. Complete my life.” Yongguk says softly, his face is flushed red. He hugs her tight, refuses to let her go. Minjung’s mouth gaps wide, unable to speaks.

 

“Y-”

 

“Will you marry me?” Yongguk finally pulls away from his head to looks at her eyes, gazing her lovingly. He intertwined his fingers with hers, clasping it. Minjung smiles widely, tears rolling on her cheeks.

 

“Yes!” She hugs his neck, kissing him. Yongguk let out a chuckle, accepting her kiss. Both of them grins at each other before Minjung finally let Yongguk has the sleep that he deserves.

 


 

Yongguk’s eyes fixed on the computer, listening to the progress of his music composition. Himchan at the back has been scribbling notes and random lyrics. The studio is so quiet that only the sound of tapping, scribbling, and air conditioner can be heard.

 

“Bang, check this for me.” Himchan walks over to Yongguk, giving him his notebook. Yongguk checks the lyrics silently. Himchan watches nervously, waiting for the leader’s comments.  After a few moments, Yongguk takes the pen and do the correction.

 

“Again.” Yongguk breaks the silence, making Himchan started. He takes the note from Yongguk, walking back to the couch slowly. When will this end? Himchan swirls his pen, thinking. Suddenly, the door open revealing Minjung, smiling. Himchan turns, his eyes sparkle seeing her while Yongguk is still unbothered.

 

“Oh, sorry to interrupt but I just want to check if you guys are still alive. Is he still alive?” Minjung asks, whispering. Himchan nods.

 

“He just scolds me, but I think you really should drag him out for some sunshine before he turns into a zombie,” Himchan says, getting up and walks out to give them some privacy. Minjung heads to Yongguk who’s still fixed on the laptop.

 

“Hey!” Minjung shouts, holding his shoulders while turns him to face her. Yongguk startled, looking at the face in front of him.

 

“Oh, it’s you.”

 

“Oh, it’s you. Yeah, it’s me.” Minjung holding down her hips. It has been almost a week since Yongguk cave in the studio, and it is her job to drag him out. 

 

“Why are you here?” Yongguk turns back to the laptop, but Minjung turns his chair back to her. She takes off his headphone.

 

“Can’t you spare some times taking fresh air once daily?” Minjung asks.

 

“I have to finish this by next week, Minjung.” Yongguk sighs, taking his headphone from Minjung’s hands but she doesn’t let go.

 

“Minjung.” Yongguk stares at her, signaling to return the headphone.

 

“Yongguk.” Minjung stares back at him, refusing to return it. Both of them stares at each other for a while.

 

“Let go.” His voice getting lower but Minjung unfazed. She shakes her head.

 

“Nope.” Yongguk let out a sigh, rubbing his face. He leans back before looking at her tenderly. A small, weak smile appears on his face.

 

“I really can’t win with you, huh?” Yongguk says, giving up. Minjung grins, victorious.

 

“Nope.” She puts the headphone far from his reach and takes his jacket. She pulls Yongguk up, and he wears the jacket. Minjung caresses his face, her face is written with concerns.

 

“You already look pale. You have to go out once in a while. Please don’t do this by yourself. Remember, you have me, Himchan, those little brats Daehyun and Youngjae with additional of little and giant babies, Jongup and Junhong.” Minjung fixes his jacket, looking at him worriedly. Yongguk quietly listens.

 

“We love you, and we don’t want you to be sick.” She continues, caressing his hair on the forehead. Yongguk sighs, smiling.

 

“You talk a lot,” Yongguk says, wrapping his arms around her waist. He leans closer.

 

“Because you barely talk.” Minjung whispers, closing the gap between both of them.

 

“Bang! Look at thi- Oooooh I’ll be back later.” Himchan immediately walks out after barging in. Yongguk and Minjung pull away from each other. Both of their faces are red. Yongguk, however, appears to be annoyed with the interruption.

 

“I’m gonna kill him.” Yongguk growls, Minjung laughs, calming him down.

 

“He’s your best man, Yongguk.” Minjung comforts him. Both of them have chosen the date of the wedding, and Yongguk chose Himchan as his best man on that day.

 

“I have other kids.” Yongguk says, still holding his grudges.

 

“You sure you want them to be your best man?” Minjung smirks, teasing him. Yongguk quietly thinking the pros and cons of other kids being his best man before he let out a defeated sigh.

 

“You are right, Himchan is the most decent one.” Yongguk pulls her back into his embrace.

 

“Come on, you need to eat and rest and some Minjung’s time.” Minjung pulls him out of the studio. Yongguk sighs, following her.

 


 

Minjung walks on the aisle, looking at Yongguk who is perfectly handsome in his tuxedo. Yongguk smiles, the widest smiles he ever show to everyone. Minjung finally stands in front of him, beaming with happiness. Yongguk takes her hand. 

 

“It is an honor to have you as my woman. Let us spend the rest of our lives listening to your voice as it is the most beautiful melodies I ever heard.” Yongguk says, kissing her hand. She laughs, looking at him lovingly.

 

“I will spend the rest of my life annoy you till death do us apart.” Minjung grins. Yongguk let out a chuckle, holding her hands tight. Both of them lost in their own gaze as the officiant gives his speech.

 

“I love you… From the moment I saw you picking up trashes. You are an honorable, full of manner, with the exception of your words’ choice. Be my wife and a mother to our children?” Yongguk slips a ring into her ring’s finger before kissing it. Minjung smiles, holding her tears. She slips his ring into his finger.

 

“I love you too… From the moment I saw you stalking me from that faculty’s window every Wednesday and Friday.” Minjung says, smiling widely. Yongguk let out a hearty laugh, pulling her close before sealing her lips with his.  Everyone cheer and clapping as the officiant announce them as husband and wife. Himchan nudges Yongnam beside him.
 

“I told her about him stalking Minjung.” He whispers while clapping happily.

 

“How surprising,” Yongnam says.

 


 

“Can we see her?” Daehyun happily asks Yongguk. Everyone is waiting at the lobby, anticipating their leader’s words.

 

“Minjung is resting,” Yongguk says, making the youngers slump their shoulders in disappointment. Yongguk smiles, watching his kids mumbling and nagging unsatisfied.

 

“Do you want to see the baby instead?” Everyone immediately hypes up, hearing the leader says.

 

“Can we go to the nursery?” Junhong asks, chirpy.

 

“No, see the baby’s photo on my phone.” Yongguk takes out his phone. They can see how happy he is as he swipes his phone, searching for the photos.

 

“Awwww” Everyone cooing after seeing Yongguk’s newborn daughter in his embrace. Yongguk is finally a real father, after being a father to his own band.

 

“Awww, Bang. She looks just like you and Minjung roll together as one.” Himchan says, already imagines himself pampering his goddaughter.

 

“I would immediately flip if she doesn’t resemble me.” Yongguk’s respond makes everyone laugh. He would flip.

 

“Who the hell brave enough to touch Yongguk’s woman?” Youngjae says, his eyes still fixated on Yongguk’s phone.

 

“What’s her name?” Jongup asks. Everyone finally diverts their gaze back to Yongguk, anticipating. A fatherly, proud smile drew on his face.

 

“Mihyun… Bang Mihyun.”