SPECIAL: A BIRTHDAY FOR YOU

Everyday With You

 “No. No. No. No. No.” You take out the tray from the oven in a panic. However, the cake you have been trying to bake is far from edible anymore. The cake is burnt to crisp. You let out a heavy sigh as you put the tray on the counter.

 

“I have to go out in two hours, and this cake is black as my soul. I’ll just pick up something at the bakery later.” You say, giving up with the baking. You rush to get ready for the special date later.

 

“What on earth this black thing?!” You heard a shout from your brother, notify you he is home. You fix your hair and makeup one last time before you walk out from your room, seeing a nagging Daehyun who is boldly tasking the burned cake before spitting it out and drinks water.

 

“OMG, it’s bitter and burned as your soul, Reen! What did you do to this poor innocent cake?” Daehyun turns to look at you and froze. You awkwardly grin at your brother.

 

“Woah, where are you going dressing up prettily like this?” He asks, folding his arms.

 

“I have a party with my classmate today. I’ll clean up the crime scene later. I already late.” You lied, smiling as you take your purse and bid goodbye to him. Daehyun watches you going out disbelief.

 

“I’ll have this mini Chocolate Cappucino Cheesecake to go please.” You say to the waitress and pay. You check the time and tapping your feet anxiously. You are late, and you don’t want Himchan to wait for you.

 

“Do you want us to write something on the cake, miss?”

 

“Yes, here.” You take out the piece of paper and give it to the waitress. The waitress decorates the cake as the paper you gave and boxing the cake. You thanked her and rushed out to the designated place you both promised.

 


 

Himchan sees you trotting your way to him. He let out a chuckle, knowing how panic you are right now for being late. He doesn’t mind actually. He can prepare himself for not being nervous around you too while waiting.

 

“I’m sorry, Himchan. Have you been waiting long?” You apologize as you are beside him, panting softly. Himchan pats your head, smiling.

 

“It’s fine. I didn’t wait long, but I do miss you.” He grins, caressing your hair. You smile sheepishly, holding his hand.

 

“Is this really you?” You squeeze his hand, making sure this is the real Himchan. You both have not seen each other for weeks now due to Himchan’s schedules with B.A.P and final year projects.

 

“Yes, this is me.” Himchan pulls you into his embrace, hugging you tight. You hold on into his shirt.

“This warmth and smell… It’s really my boyfriend.” You bury your face on his chest, inhaling his scents. Himchan chuckles, kissing the top of your head.

 

“Yes, this is me, Kim Himchan… Jung Reen’s one and only boyfriend. Do you miss me that much?” He smiles as you nod furiously.

 

“So much that I feel so lonely that I might cry right now.” Embarrassment aside, you just want him to know how you feel right now. However, Himchan doesn’t respond to you. You lift your head, Himchan is looking down at you with his bright red face.

 

“Himchan?”

 

“Damn it, Reen. How can you come to me like this? Saying these words and act cutely.” He says, covering his face with his right hand. You laugh, to see your boyfriend flustered like this is priceless.

 

“So, where are you taking me?” Himchan asks after both of you regain your composure.

 

“It’s a secret. You’ll know it when we get there.” You smile meaningfully at him. Himchan flicks your forehead playfully, letting out a soft chuckle. You hold his hand tight and walk toward your next destination.

 

“What’s in that box?”

 

“You’ll see~,” You say happily. To be able going out a date with Himchan is such a rare opportunity now. Himchan intertwines his fingers with yours, keeping you closer to him. He knows what’s inside the box; he just doesn’t know what kind of cake is it. Thinking on how you have prepared for his birthday make him feel warm and bubbly.

 

“We are going to have fun. Just the both of us.” You look at your boyfriend, grinning ear to ear. You have been missing him, a lot. A day in the studio without him feel so empty and lonely. Today, you want him, and only him for yourself.

 

“I can’t wait,” Himchan kisses your knuckle. You grin, you feel your cheeks reddening with his simple words and gestures.

 


 

“Our practice room?” Himchan chuckles, looking at the door. You smile, today it is not just a practice room. You open the door, showing him inside. His eyes widen seeing the inside of practice room.

 

“Did you do all this?” Himchan looks at you in awe. You nod.

 

“You like it? I spend like hours on this.” You nervously smile, waiting for his approval.

 

“Usually, the man would do this for his lady. This is the other way round.” His words are making you more anxious as it is. Did he not like it?

 

“I love it, Reen. It’s weird, but I love it.” He hugs you tight, kissing you. He grins ear to ear, appreciating of what you did for him.

 

The practice room, with Yongguk’s consent, has been modified into a little café with one table for two. The table decorates in pastel pink, to suit Himchan’s identity in B.A.P. For you, the cotton candy’s pink is perfect for him. He is full of fluff and loveable man to you. Himchan sits on the chair while you are preparing the table for both of you.

 

“I made you some sandwiches and kimbap. Because I think if I cook something more complicated, it won’t be as good if I pack it.” You put some pieces of sandwiches and kimbap on his plate. You take out the cake from the box and put it on the table.

 

“I tried to bake one for you, but I’m not good in baking. So, I just bought this for us to share.” You tell him, sitting in front of Himchan. He looks at the cake you bought. There is a “Happy Birthday, Kim Himchan. The strongest man ever~” on the cake. Himchan smiles, his heart feels warm with everything you did for him.

 

“It doesn’t matter, Reen.” He takes your hand, gazing at you lovingly.

 

“As long it is you, I will love it. Even if you burn that cake, I’ll still eat it.”

 

“Oh, you won't want it, even the food monster Daehyun rejects it.” You laugh wryly. You cant him spoiled food. You want to give him the best, like how you give your brother the best food he always eats at home.

“I’m not Daehyun, your overprotective brother.” He kisses your hand. You look at him.

 

“I’m Kim Himchan, your boyfriend who high over heels over Jung Reen.” He continues kissing your fingers. You can feel your face turn into bright red. This isn’t right; it should be you that makes him like this.

 

After a mini birthday celebration, you both flop down on the couch in the practice room, snuggling with each other.

 

“I have to back to work after this.” Himchan sighs, caressing your hair slowly. Today have been the best thing for him as he can relax and spending his day with you. You look at him, caressing his hand that intertwined with yours.

 

“It’s fine. Just enjoy this moment now.” You say as you snuggle in more with him. Both of you have been missing each other; it is hard to part away after only spend just a few hours together.

 

“Let’s go back to my studio.”

 

“EH?” You pull away from him. You have never been to his studio. The anxieties surge into you immediately. Are they gonna do it? Himchan chuckles, pulling you back into his embrace.

 

“I won’t do anything or force you if you are not okay with it.” He says softly. He is just missing you and wants to hug you all day long.

 

“No, let’s go. I want to snuggle with you all day, all night long.” You say. You can just tell your brother you are sleeping over at Nara’s later.

 

“Really?” He asks worriedly. He doesn’t want you to make a rash decision. He is still a man after all. However, you seem firm with your decision to stay with him. He let out a sigh and a smile.

 

“Let’s clean this up and go home.” He says, getting up and starts cleaning up the practice room together with you.

 


 

“So, this is my small studio. Sorry, it’s a bit messy.” He says, picking up some shirts on the couch before letting you sit.

 

“It’s fine. Your studio is cleaner than Daehyun’s” You grin as you sit. Himchan flops beside you, letting out a heavy sigh.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Nervous.” He grins, looking at you. You smile.

 

“Because of me?”

 

“Yeah, and because I know how I screw up myself for inviting you over while there are works load waiting for me right now.” He chuckles.

“Well, I won’t be long then.” You say, fixing his bangs.

 

“Nope. I have decided, screw those works! I deserve a break!” He gets up and walks to the kitchen. You watch him as he comes back with a bottle of wine.

 

“My sister gave me this wine. There are also some snacks in the fridge. Want to eat it together?”

 

“Yes. Happily.” You say as Himchan set out the table for both of you. He unscrews the bottle.

 

“It is better to let it breathe in the decanter first- oh what the hell.” He pours the wine into the glasses and gives one to you.

 

“You seem to be in a really good mood right now.” You say, taking the glass from him.

 

“Of course I am. I have resolved bothersome schedules, and I can concentrate on my final projects back.” Himchan takes a sip of the wine. You watch him, although Himchan is always looking playful, he is also a workaholic man. You let out a chuckle, sipping on your wine.

 

“But I also finally get to see you again, Reen.” He drops a bombshell, gazing at you happily.

 

“Ex-excuse me. I think my heart is having palpitations.” You say nervously, feeling embarrassed.

 

“You could just choose something more seductive to say to react. But, it will not be you.” He laughs, making your face redder than it is.

 

“I need to drink more to say that then.” You sip your wine more, trying to wash away the embarrassment.

 

“Everything you says is cute.” He puts down his glass and rests his head on your shoulder.

 

“Lend me your shoulder, just thinking about works make me feel even more exhausted.” He rubs his cheek against your shoulder, like a cat.

 

“H… Himchan.” You stammer, why he suddenly acts like this? You can feel his breath against the nape of your neck making you nervous. You heard Himchan chuckles.

 

“Hehe… Your face right now is so funny.”

 

“N-no! It’s always like t-this! It’s your fault!” You stammering, covering your face.

 

“Is it? Am I the only one that can make your face like that, Reen?” He giggles, hugging your waist as he inhales your scent. You both end up spending the night together, making fun and chatting. Catching up with all the time both of you have lost.

 


 

You feel a soft air, blowing on your cheek. You don't need to open your eyes to see the source.

 

"Let me sleep." You mumble, burying your face onto his chest as he tightens his hug.

 

"I know you are tired... but you forget something, Y/N..." Himchan says, kissing the top of your head.

 

"What is it?" You mumble, looking at him half awake. He smiles, pecking your lips.

 

"It's my birthday today." He mumbles between the kiss, pulling you closer. You let out a chuckle, caressing his chest.

 

“Happy birthday, Kim Himchan.” You say, looking at him happily. You wish him to be well and happy whenever you both are together. You both spend your sweet times together before going back to your busy life.

 

 



 

A/N: I’m so sorry for lack of update. Here is a special chapter to celebrate Himchan’s birthday. It should be posted on his birthday, but I have been busy with his birthday event on 20th April. Welcome to my new subscribers. Please leave some comments on this story to let me know how was the story so far and how can I improve it more.

 

Love,

byReenz