His secret wish

How we fall in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is very difficult for Ilhoon to carry a heavy drunk stranger to his room at 1 am while everyone is sleeping. He tried to make no sound since his mom cannot find out that he brought a stranger to their house. So, it took him exactly a long twenty minutes to carry the man from the living room to his room.

“Finally!” Ilhoon murmured as he drags the man to his bed. He took out the shoes and places them on the floor. He really wishes the stranger to wake up so that Ilhoon can know what kind of person he is but apparently, the guy is sleeping soundly. Ilhoon pushes the sleeping stranger a bit to the left so that he can sleep on the right side of the bed.

Damn… the smell of alcohol.Ilhoon is very much uncomfortable to sleep beside a total stranger with a strong alcohol smell. He tosses and turns so many times in his tiny space between the wall and the back of the drunk person but that was just for a while until he falls asleep.

--

Next morning, Ilhoon was sleeping soundly as he dreamt about some good things in life such as how much it would be nice to have morning coffee and toasted bread in the rainy day. He even turned off the alarm which has been ringing for five minutes. Another five minutes.Yep. That’s what Ilhoon thoughts before he falls asleep again.

“Ilhoon, son! Get up!” since the alarm is not working, Ilhoon’s mom has to come up to the room. It’s Saturday…it’s raining and his blanket is cozy. There is no way that Ilhoon would get up.

“You have to go to work. Ilhoon! Don’t make me say twice.” Now that his mom mentioned about his work, Ilhoon’s eyes get widen.

!

“AH! Work!” he shouted as he looks at the time which shows thirty minutes to eleven. Oh no. 11 to 3 is his shift at the café. He went straight up to the bathroom, gets washed up and dressed up.

“And before you go, clean your room. It smells like alcohol!” Ilhoon heard his mom shouted from the downstairs mentioning about alcohol.

It smells like alcohol…

Alcohol…

The guy!

Oh no. The drunk stranger. Ilhoon runs back to his room from the bathroom and looks around. But there is no sign from the man. The shoes of the man that Ilhoon put on the floor is gone, and even his right side of the bed is neatly folded unlike the left side that he was sleeping on. What the heck?

Did mom see him? No, she didn’t because if she did, she might call the police, or else, Ilhoon might be dead by now. His mom won’t let him live for bringing the stranger to their house.

Ilhoon even checks his things if any of them is missing because you know, you can never trust the stranger. Yep, everything is there. Okay, at least that stranger isn’t a thief.

So, he hurriedly made the bed and took his watch on the side table. And there he saw a small piece of paper sticking on the lamp. He looks at the note and that might be the only one thing that is left from the stranger from last night.

It was just the two simple words ‘Thank you’.Ilhoon frowned and feels so unsatisfied to see the notes. That man would get caught by some local polices if he didn’t bring him to his house. And all he got is a ‘thank-you’ on two inches wide paper.

But well, it’s not like he will meet him again. So, he put the note back on the table an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter