Third-wheeling

How we fall in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last six months ago

It's Wednesday. 

And it's the worst day of the week. Ilhoon always blames the school for setting the strict timetable on Wednesday. After having morning three-hour lecture, there is one hour lunch break. And that's it. Starting from 1pm to 6pm is the series of classes again. And the worst part is that he can't be late for morning lecture because it is Mrs. Lee class and she stated that every student who is late for class has to do extra work or she will minus 5% of the marks from their assignments. 

But it's already 8:58 am and Ilhoon is still on the way. As the student who really cares about his grades, being late for Mrs. Lee class is a very big deal. He can't let the lecturer reduce 5% of the mark or he can't do extra work because it is his final year and there are so many assignments coming up. So, what Ilhoon can do now is to run. 

Yes, so he is running all the way from the entrance gate of the university, taking the stairs up to 4thfloor because the elevator is filled with people, turning right and then left and there it is, Mrs. Lee lecture room. Wiping the sweat flowing down from his forehead, Ilhoon looks at his watch on the wrist half panting and puffing.

Holy , it's 9:05am. 

He slowly opens the door searching for any sign of Mrs. Lee. Oh, how he wishes Ms. Lee would late for class too. And the hope gets high when Ilhoon saw no one at the desk and even his friends are waving at him. 

"Where is Mrs. Lee?" Ilhoon asks as he runs to his seat. 

"You are just so lucky. She went out just now to bring attendance sheet." Sungjae said as he opens his laptop. 

"So, the lecture hasn't started yet?" Ilhoon asked again just to make sure that he didn't miss out anything. 

"Yep, don't worry, man." Peniel said putting his thump up before he continues. "But the thing is she knows you were missing." And Peniel put his thump down.

"She what?" 

"Yeah she was like 'where is Jung Ilhoon' before she went out." Sungjae added and Ilhoon feels like he is about to die. The thing is Ilhoon is a smart kid and most of the lecturers and tutors like him a lot and that includes Mrs. Lee. Ilhoon must be the only student who get distinction for her assignments. So yes, Mrs. Lee knows him for sure. 

"Alright class! Let's get started." Before Ilhoon could say something to his friends, the lecturer enters the room. 

"Sign on the attendance sheet and Mr. Ilhoon, I'll let you go this time since you arrived before the lecture started. If you are late next time, 5% will be deducted. Understand?" Mrs. Lee said as she places the attendance sheet on the table so that students can go and sign there individually.

"Yes." Ilhoon feels so much relieved. He can hear some students from the back complaining that the lecturer goes easy on him. Well he is not the kind of person who would talk back so he just let it go. 

So, the lecture goes on for three hours straight without giving any break. So, by 12 pm when the lecture is over, the students almost run out from the room and head to the cafeteria. 

"Let's go guys! I am so hungry, like I think I could die from this hunger." Sungjae said as he put his hand on his tummy. 

"Awwn, don't die. I will treat you today!" Peniel smiles while ruffling Sungjae's hair with his hands letting the younger jump with joy. 

"Really? Yay!" 

And that definitely makes Ilhoon look at them with side eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter