Ch.2

In your memories

2013

FAST FORWARD

Bogum, Yoojung, Joohyuk, Taehyung, and Jingoo are now professional Doctors/Surgeon at Seoul National Hospital one of the biggest, famous, and have talented doctors and nurses in both national and international. The 5 of them are known as the most skillful doctors and have good visuals. There is nothing they can’t do. They also have specialized rooms together in the hospital. They work as a perfect team!         

They were chatting together when they heard that A VIP needs a medical  attention right away. 5 of them ran out of the office and went to the emergency room. 

“What happened?” Yoojung asked the nurse while putting her gloves on

“The president of Yang Corporations was involve in a major car accident.”

”Is it only the president have major injuries?” Jingoo asked passing his way to the crowd.

”No, their are 3 people who have major injuries and 5 who have a minor injuries.” 

“Let’s take care first of people that has major injuries. And people who are not involve in this accident please take them outside of the emergency room. “ Bogum said and the nurse quickly do what he said.

”Let’s better split up I think Bogum and Jingoo should handle the Vip. While we handl the rest.” Joohyuk said and with that they did not waste anytime and get back to work.

Bogum and Jingoo (ICU1)

They both puth their surgical gloves on and put their surgical uniform.

Bogum enters the ICU 1 room. ”Any report?” Bogum asked to the nurses and doctors who are preparing for the surgery “Mr. Yang has metal that stucks near his heart. It can make a hole that can lead to a dangerous situation.” 

“What are the chances?” Jingoo said entering the ICU1 room.

”About 50/50%” 

They both looked each other and stand between Mr. Yang. Jingoo on his right and Bogum on his left.

”Let’s start the surgery” Bogum said.

“Scalpel” Jingoo said and start cutting  mr. Yang’s chest 

“Prepare some blood we might need it.” Bogum ordered

”Sure” 

“Forcept” Bogum slowly grab the metal on his chest and the ventilator started beeping. All of them looked and some doctors panicked “Don’t be paranoid, it won’t help” Bogum said with a stern voice 

“Put the blood” Jingoo instructed and they did what he said 

“ I will massage his heart... come on, come one,  come one” Bogum said having sweats. 

Finally his heart beat come to normal. All of them sighed in relief “Nice job” Jingoo said 

“We all did, good job everyone” Bogum said smiling at them and they all smiled back 

“I will finish things up here  Bogum. Help the others in the emergency room and tell mr. Yang’s family that his safe.” Jingoo said and Bogum just nod. On his way out he stares towards his friends and girlfriend  who are doing also a surgery with the other patients. 

“I don't think they need my help” Bogum thought and exited the ICU. He told Mr. Yang’s family that he is now in stable condition “Thank you Dr. Park!” 

“No worries Mrs. Yang. I better go and check the other patients”

 

EMERGENCY ROOM 

Bogum checked the 4 patients who has minor injuries. When he checked the 5th patience he/she was gone. 

“ Um where’s the patient here?” Bogum said to the nurse who was passing by. “Oh I told her not to go anywhere. Where did she go?!” The nurse said looking to her sides.

”I brought her cold pack.” 

“What’s the patient name?” Bogum said 

“ uhmm Mrs. Irene”

”Her injuries?”

”She had a very bad swelling in her angkle and she had a broken arm.”

”She left with that condition?” Bogum said to the nurse 

“ I think so but..”

”but what?” 

“We did not put any cast on her angkle yet and on her arm.” The nurse said looking down 

“What?! Aish. We have so many nurses here yet no one did not put a cast on her. Our patients are our most priority here.” Bogum said with a fraustrated tone 

“I’m sorry Dr. Park it won’t happen again. I will look for her I’m sure she’s not that far a way yet.”  

“Don’t bother I will look for her. Take care of the other patients.” 

Bogum run out of the emergency room and started looking for Mrs. Bae!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

”Hello?” Irene said picking up her phone 

“Yah! Where are you? We are all here you are the only who we are waiting for” the caller said

” I got it. I’m already getting a taxi. Tell tha kids I will be late you guys should go first I will fetch up” 

“Okay but hurry up.” 

“Bye” Irene hanged up and grab a cab 

“Ahjussi I’m a bit in a hurry can you drive a bit faster” Irene asked the driver with a friendly smile 

“Of course miss”  

Irene was busy looking at the view outside when she heard noises of the car bump into something and hurt herslef in the process. 

”Ahjussi!!” She looked shocked  when she saw the driver unconscious. She keep on tapping his shoulder but the driver did not respond “HELP! HELP! HELP!” 

“Miss are you okay?” An unknown person said wearing a hospital uniform  which Irene assumed a rescuerer “ I’m fine but Ahjussi is not .” The rescuerer look at the driver and shouted at his comrades “We have an injury person here! HURRY! Miss we will get this Ahjussi first then you” Irene just nod in understanding.

After they take the driver out of the car, the rescuerer turned to Irene and get her out of the car.

”Ah!” Irene shouted “It hurts” 

“Don’t worry we got you” one of the rescuerer said 

“We need you to take to the Hospital you broke your arm and sprained your ankle badly.” The rescuerer looking at her situation 

“But, I’m feeling better  it’s just a sprain and a broken bone I can handle it. I really need to go somewhere” Irene said looking at her phone. The rescuerer looked at eachother dumbfounded cause if this were other people they would cry of the pain. This is their first time encounter a person who doesn’t care of her injuries. 

“ No can do miss. You can barely walk with your foot bacause of your sprain and move your right hand. If you don’t put some medical attention on it, it will get worst” 

“But-“ 

“No buts”

Irene just sighed looking at her phone. “The kids would be dissapointed at me at this rate, not to mention Seulgi, Rose, and Sungkyoung will get mad at me big time.

Irene arrived at the hospital when she saw a lot of people was injured due to the accident. The rescuerer place her unto the bed. 

“Ahjussi I’m really fine.” Irene said touching the shirt of one of the  rescuerer 

“Miss getting you treated is our priority, please cooperate.” With that said the rescuerer left.

RING~~~RING

”Oh Seulgi” Irene said through her phone

”Yah, EODIYA!?” Seulgi shouted at her good thing Irene put away her phone because she knew she will be yelled at.

”I got into an accident-“ Iren did not finished to what she would say when  Sungkyung was in panic tone “You got into an accident?!” 

“Guy don’t panic I’m fine. No big injuries. Don’t tell the kids I don’t want them to worry. I oromise I will be there later at the camp and make it to you guys.... Bye”  Irene hanged up the phone.

Irene waited so long to be treated but it took a while. A nurse came to her “I’m sorry it’s really hectic right now. Please wait for me here I will get something to put on your foot and your arm. 

Irene waited but it took the nurse a long time. She watched her phone and it was really late and the last bus to camp is only in a few minutes and she can’t miss that.  She looked at her sides to find nurses and doctors busy to do their own thing. She then looked at her foot “I guess walking will not be that hard it’s just a sprain.” Irene thought.

Irene got out of bed and let out a sight standing up “Fighting!” she step forward to let out a small scream “Irene slowly.” She mumble to herself.

 

Irene almost reach the exit of the hospital when she heard her name being called. She looked to see a young handsome man wearing a coat. “He must be a doctor” Irene thought.

“How do you know my name?”  Irene asked 

“Your one of the patients that was involve in the car accident, right”

“Ani” Irene said not looking at his eyes confirms it.

He kneeled down and presses her swollen foot 

“Ah! Can you be careful. It hurts” 

He then stand up and grab her right arm.

“Ah it hurts!!! Didn’t I told you to be careful!” 

He looked at her

“Because of the crash I think you hurt your foot pretty bad and hurt your arm in the process. So I suggest you better go back to the emergency room and get it treated.”

“Who are you anyway?” Irene asked like it was the most obvious question

“Did you also bump your head? Can’t you see that I’m a doctor. I’m Dr. Park Bogum, Dr. Park in short.” 

“Your right I was in the crash but I’m totally fine. It just need a rest. Sorry for disturbing you but I have more important matters to do” She turned her head and start walking 

“Ah!” Irene screamed

“Ah huh.... You doesn’t looked fine to me. You need to get that healed properly with the help of professionals cause if not it will get worst. Stop being so stubborn”

Irene just shrugged it off and walked away.

“If you walk to that door you will really regret it.” Bogum said with a threatening voice 

“Whatever” Irene said without looking

“FINE! You really pushed me to do it, do you” Bogum mumbled

He walked towards Irene and carry her bridal style

“What the heck are you doing? Put me down!” Irene said in panic mode

“Didn’t I told you, you would regret it.” Bogum said looking at Irene smiling and Irene looking with the I hate you gaze.

 

Doctors and Nurses that saw them started whispering 

“Isn’t that Dr. Park”

“Are they in a relationship?”

“I thought he was dating Dr.Kim?” 

“Did they broke up?”

“That girl is so pretty!”

 

“YAH! put me down!” Irene said screaming near his ear

Bogum put her to the hospital bed in the emergency room 

“Can you stop shouting! I think I need to check up my ear” Bogum said holding his ear and looking at her. Irene feel a bit of guilty

“I’m sorry I told you I’m fine, partially it’s your fault.” Irene said looking down

“Wow! I can’t believe you!” Bogum looking dumbfounded 

“What’s happening here?” Irene looked up to see a beautiful lady and 3 handsome guys with the same coat as Dr. Park.

“We can hear your voice way up to there.” The guy with grey hair said pointing at the distance.

“Why are you fighting with one of our patience?” The guy with Brown hair said.

Another guy looked at Irene and touched her foot and she let a small scream. 

“Oh your foot is swollen, Yah Bogum why are you shouting with a patient who have a swollen foot?” 

“I did not. She wants to go out with that condition and doesn’t want to be treated that is why I brought her back here. But this lady is being stubborn. Yah Joonhyuk get me an appointment with Dr. Yuk I need to check up my ear.” Bogum said looking at Irene on the later part.

Irene looked back with a mocking face

“You!” Bogum looked at Irene “Bogum stopped it” The beautiful lady said

“I’m sorry about his behavior he acts like a kid sometimes. By the way I’m Dr. Kim Yoojung aka Dr.Kim. The guy with brown hair is also Dr. Kim aka Dr. Kim Taehyung. The guy with Brown hair is Dr. Yeo aka Dr. Yeo Jingoo and that one is Dr. Nam aka Dr. Nam joohyuk. I guess you probably know Dr. Park.” Irene just nod.

“Good to know all of you but I really need to go, My sprain is not that bad as you think.” Irene said looking at her phone, only a few minutes until she miss the bus.

“Mrs. Irene it would be good for you if you stay here overnight.” Dr. Nam said looking at her stopping from going. “ Taehyung grab me some cold packs and bandages” 

“Ok”

“You guys can leave I will take care of Mrs. Irene” Joohyuk told them

“Okay,”all of them left except for Bogum. 

He looked at Irene and pointed at her 

“Bogum go.” And with that he left.

“Here’s the bandage and the cold pack. I will put it here I need to check the other patience.” Taehyung said and left.

“I’m sorry about Bogum mrs. Irene” Dr. Nam smiled while putting hot packs on her foot and putting bandages over it. He also manage to fixed her arm.

“Ah that feels better.” Irene sighed 

“Thank you” 

“No problem... Here I will help you lay down.....I will check with you again tomorrow” Dr. Nam leaves after he put pillow on my swollen foot. 

Irene checked the time “Aish! I miss the bus, why does it have to happen to me at a wrong time.” She mumbled

She texted Rose that she can’t make it because of what happened gladly they understand and told her to take rest. She then closed her eyes and drift to sleep.