Ch.3

In your memories

2013

 

Seoul, South Korea 

  

Irene waked up staring at the roof of the hospital 

“You finally woke up” Irene looked to see who owns the voice to see Dr. Nam.

“Uhm when did you get here?” Irene asked

“I was about to check on you earlier and saw you sleeping, I don’t want to disturb so I left. Uhmm I will just ran some test on you and if everything is fine you can go home.” Dr. Nam said looking at his papers in hand and Irene with a smile.

Irene smiled back..

After some test Irene can finally go home with the  subscription of the doctor.

 

BACK TO THEIR OFFICE

“That girl is beautiful” Taehyung claimed

“Agree. Their is something special about her. To be honest this is my first time having a feeling with a patient. It seems that we’re connected but I don’t know why.” Yoojung said having a thinking face while leaning on her desk.

“Oh Please! Hon your better than her. Not to mention your the most prettiest person I have ever seen.” Bogum said going up to Yoojung giving her a backhug.

Taehyung and Jingoo looked at them coughing “Uhm just you guys forget We’re here! You two should already get married, Aish.” Jingoo said

“Do you have any plans to get married at all. It’s been like 15 years since you were together?” Taehyung asked both of them and they just looked at each other

“Somewhere in the future. And besides we’re not in a hurry.” Bogum said with a loving eyes.

“Right, it will happen in the right time.” Yoojung also said with a smile.

“Yah let’s go and check with the other patients. I think I’m going to puke with all of this romantic atmosphere if I stay any longer” Jingoo said tapping Taehyung “Agreed” and both of them left.

“Jeez those oppas are really something. They are always jealous” Yoojung said

Bogum turn her around and said “It’s almost time to get off of work. I’ll take you home.” 

“Sounds good.”

“Gaja! (가자)” 

>>>>>>>>>

PARKING LOT (Car)

“Oppa before you go let’s drink some wine at my place. It’s really hectic today. You know wine relieves us stress.” Yoojung said looking at him.

“Sure. Let’s go” 

>>>>>>>>>>

They both arrived in her apartment and went to the couch.

“I will just get a wine oppa.” 

“Let me help you” Bogum went after her to the kitchen.

“Oppa today I was thinking. I mean it’s been 15 years since were together. Don’t you think it’s about time that we get married?”  Yoojung asked looking at him

“I agree with you but this is not the right time yet. We are at the peaks of our career. Don’t get me wrong I want to be your husband more than anything else but I also want us to be stable, to earn enough money for us and for our future children.” Bogum said with a smile hoping she would understand.

Yoojung just turn around and went to the couch drinking her wine

“Hon come on.” Bogum said looking at her dissatisfied face 

“We already talk about this didn’t we?”

“I know. I’m sorry.” Yoojung looked at him and Bogum leaned closer to her. He cope her small face with his hands and smacked his lips with hers. Yoojung put her hand around his neck and Bogum’s to her waist. They broke out from the kiss and went to the bedroom Bogum carrying her in bridal style. He put her to the bed slowly and went on top of her. 

Bogum leaned closer to receive another passionate kiss all the way to her neck. His hands found it’s way under her shirt all the way to her stomach and start massaging it. Yoojung moaned at his every touch. He then came back to her lips. Yoojung put his legs around his waist and return the kiss with full of passionate.

Yoojung broke the kiss 

“Oppa we have an early shift tomorrow. You don’t want us to be late do you. Let’s just cuddle up and go to sleep.” Yoojung said pushing him away and changing her clothes.

“You always do this.” Bogum said coming up to her and gave her a peck

“We don’t do this kind of stuff until we’re married.” 

“Why are so hard to get?” Bogum asked her 

Yoojung just smiled and went to bed Bogam then followed her and they cuddle up to the night.

 

>>>>>>>>>

Bogum, Yoojung, Joonhyuk,Jingoo, and Taehyung became more popular and expanded their knowlege in the medical field after saving the lives of people invovlving the car accident.

>>>>>>>>>

Irene left the hospital when she felt her heart ache “It must be from the crash” she mumbled ignoring the pain.

 

She went directly to the Pre-school to where she and her friends teaches. She went to her classroom with her condition.

“Hey Kids!” She greeted her student and they all gathered around her

“Seonsaeng, what happened you arm and foot?” A cute boy said with chubby cheeks

“Ah I was fighting Voldemort that is why I got some injuries.” Irene explained with a happy face not wanting her students to get worried.

“Really?” A girl with a pony tail said 

“Really.” Irene said putting her hands on top of her head

“Did a prince charming came to save you then? That is why you didn’t come with us at the camp?”

“Dang-yeonhaji, When you grew up you will meet your prince charming and princess but until then you need to study first and work hard. I’m sorry I did not come with you guys. It must have been fun.” Irene said with an apologetic smile

“It’s fine Seonsaeng. We have teacher Sungkyung , teacher Rose, and teacher Seulgi to guide us. They said that you have something important to do, that is why you can’t come.” A girl with cute hair curls said Irene just smiled. “Gomawo for understanding.” 

“Why are you here? Aren’t you suppose to takes a rest?” Irene looked back and saw Rose standing at the door along with Sungkyung and Seulgi.

“Kids back to your seat.” Seulgi asked with a smile

The kids followed her orders and go back to their respective desk

“I just want to see the kids. I feel bad missing the camp yesterday. Not to mention that I was just the one who suggested it.” Irene hung her head low.

“Yah, don’t worry about it. How about let’s go eat chicken with beer later.oh. It’s been a long time since we do those stuff because of our busy schedule. What do you guys say?” Rose said making a beer click sound the 3 of them looked at each other with mischievous smiles “CALL!”

>>>>>>>>

2014 

FAST FORWARD

 

All of them gathered at the rooftop having the best time of their life.they are all having fun doing stuff like kids when Irene feel a pain near her chest 

“Irene are you okay?” Rose asked

But Irene just shouted in pain 

“IRENE! IRENE!”

the 3 of them brought her to the nearest hospital

“Irene please!” Seulgi said shouting

“You can only stay here.” A nurse said and closed the door behind them.

“Eottoke..” Rose said feeling hopeless

Sungkyung just stared on wall hoping everything would be fine.

After half an hour a doctor came out 

“Who’s the guardian of the patient?”

“Us” the 3 of the said with unison 

“We found that she had a cardiac tumour inside of her heart and it’s already in stage 3 of cancer... She needs a heart transplant because getting the tumour can cause dangerously effects that is why we need a transplant as soon as possible. Don’t worry we are already searching.” The doctor said and left Rose weakened her knees and broke down to the floor. Sungkyung and Seulgi hugged each other nit knowing how they will tell Irene. 

“Why must this happen to her.”

THE NEXT DAY

Irene woke up in a hospital bed.

“Irene your finally awake!” Rose said and all 3 of them gather up

“What happened?” 

3 of them looked at each other

“Irene please don’t be shocked to the news... You have a...” Seulgi said

“A? Guys your making me worried. What is it”

“Well they found out that you have a—“ Sungkyung didn’t finished her sentence when Irene cut her of

“Cardiac tumour and it’s on stage 3 of cancer. Hahahahaha” Irene said laughing the 3 of them looked at each other 

“You knew?”

“Do you think this is the time to laugh about it!”

“Don’t you know how worried we are!”

Irene laughed at them and talked when she calm down.

“To be honest with you guys I already knew about it.” Irene said with a smile  

“You....you.. you know!” 

“Since when?” 

“You did not even bother to tell us? And you act as like nothing happened”

“I knew it a month ago when I did a doctor checkup because of the pain in my chest. I was going to tell you but I’m afraid you will act this way and make you all worried. When I heard the news I guess this must be faith. I think I live my life with no regrets. Besides I’m not dying yet so don’t cry it will make my life span shorter. Don’t tell my parents I don’t want them to be worried and I can’t face them just yet. And one last thing please act like not all of this happened I don’t want to think about it with my remaining life left.”

Irene said with a smile and looked at the 3 of her friends crying.

“YAH! don’t speak like that.”

“Who said that your going to die.”

“Their must be a way. We won’t give up easily.”

All of them gathered up and have a grouped hugged.

“It’s going to be alright” Irene said with comfort with tears flowing down her cheeks

“Aren’t we supposed to tell you that?” Rose said

“We’re best friends” Seulgi said

“Thank you guys” Irene said..

 

Everyone was back to normal as if nothing happened since it’s one  of Irene’s orders.

She went back to teach in Pre-school although her friends opposed to the idea of her teaching because of her condition she only said “Seeing kids everyday, teaching them everyday makes me happy and they make me feel completed... Please allow me.”  

 If Irene feel the pain or has an appointment she would go to the hospital with the help of one of her friends.

Every other day Irene would go to church and asked to live longer.

“Lord, If you can’t grant my wish, If ever I left this world I wish I will leave peacefully with no regrets. My days are already numbered so please make the people around me happy.”

>>>>>>>>>

2014

FAST FORWARD

 

All of Bogum’s best friends gather at his house in the middle of the night

 

“What’s up with you calling us in the middle of the night? This must be something important for waking as up this late or I will really, Aish” Jingoo said with a threatening voice while putting his feet near Bogum’s face

“What is it so important that it can’t wait tomorrow?” Taehyung said half awake half asleep

Joonhyuk then arrived with coffees on his hands “Here have some.....So?” He placed one coffee to each of them and asked Bogum while drinking his coffee.

“I’m planning to propose to Yoojung tomorrow” Bogum said with excitement. Joohyuk and Jingoo spilled their coffee and almost choked, Taehyung  widen his eyes now fully awake.

“Did...Did I hear it right? Your going to propose?” Joohyuk asked

Bogum nodded “I’m planning tomorrow after we get off of work.”

He then showed them the ring... they looked at it attentively. 

The ring was covered with tiny stones and a big silver stone at the centre.

“Isn’t this your mother’s engagement ring?” Joohyuk asked looking at the ring then to Bogum.

“Yes it is, I broke the news to my parents 2 days ago. They’re happy for us. My mother then gave me her engagement ring. She said that she wants to see her future daughter-in-law wearing it.” Bogum said smiling while reminiscing what happened and looking at the ring.

“Well it’s about damn time you two get married you had been together for 16 years. It shows that you guys truly loved each other trough life and death.” Taehyung said to him with an excited tone.

“Yah and can you imagine that they only fought 2 times in those 16 years being together. I’m not surprised if they are already getting married” Jingoo added

“Agree. Do you guys remember that one night we all got scolded by Yoojung because we got into a fight big time.” Taehyung said looking at them

“I remember that the way she looks into our eyes when that accident happened was so scary that I wan’t to leave” Joohyuk said shivering at the thought

“She is more than like our best friend and a girlfriend to our friend. She is also a friend to people she barely met, she’s helpful, She’s our personal doctor not to mention a mother too.” Taehyung said looking at Bogum

“So you better take good care of her cause there is few people on earth that just like her... LIMITED EDITION.” Jingoo said and all of the laugh at the later part

“Don’t worry I will take good care of her.”Bogum said with an assuring smile.

“This cause for a celebration then!” Joohyuk said and grabbed 4 glass and a wine.

“Cheers” Joohyuk said

They all raised their glass and said “Cheers”

“Yah it was just like yesterday since we were children aiming for our dream. I can’t believe one of us is getting married.” Jingoo said after finishing his drink

“I can’t guarantee. Yah Bogum! How can you maintain that long relationship with Yoojung.” Taehyung asked curiously

“I respect woman” Bogum said and blink at Joohyuk the both laughed. 

Jingoo and Taehyung  looked at each other.

“Yah are we always the one who’s a victim of bullying?” Taehyung asked Jingoo

“They are just jealous because a lot of girls are into us not unlike those two people.” Jingoo

“Yah that’s exactly the problem of the both of you. You don’t respect woman that is why no woman can trust you.” Joohyuk said pointing at the both of them.

“YAH!!!” Jingoo and Taehyung attack Bogum and Joohyuk and burst in laughters.