Chapter 9: So much, so little

Of Angels And Demons

When Wendy was 5, she couldn't understand why they had so many fancy stuff, why their house was so big, why one day the police came to her house for her dad. She couldn't understand why when she was 14 and her older brother 19, a man dressed in black came into their house and shot her dad 5 times, killing him.

She also couldn't understand why a bunch of people she had never seen had been present at the funeral, or why said people took her brother to live with them. She didn't understand any of that, until she finally did.

She was 16 when her brother started introducing her to the Daemonez world, he had been left in charge according to his father's wishes, and from then on she started learning the ropes of the "business".

She was basically a core member like Joy, Seulgi, Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa are right now, until her brother was also killed, lots of the former members started leaving after that, thinking that the Daemonez were done for, but her uncle told Wendy to manage the gang, rebuild them, and so she did. At her 19 years of age, she rebuild the Daemonez how she wanted and started scouting for 5 permanent members to help her handle the rest of the gang.

She wasn't born for this, but after her brother died, a fire burnt inside her, an unquenchable rage that made her accept her uncle's suggestion to take over the Daemonez, and she did one hell of a good job at it, but as time went by, she was getting tired, and she showed it by being a little less patient and more irrational sometimes.

The honest truth was, deep down, she wished she could've had a normal life, but this is all she knew, and it wasn't going to change any time soon...

"Well then, maybe you should've been the leader of this gang, not me!" Wendy desperately said.

"...kid," the man sighed sitting down. "I'm sorry, my side of the business has been...rough. I just don't want you to..." he trailed off.

Wendy sighed too, touching her face with her hands. "I know uncle Tom, you don't want me to do something stupid that'll get me killed."

"Yes, I'm just, worried Wendy...why haven't you dealt with Bae directly if you want more territory?" her uncle prodded.

Wendy froze in her seat, she had tried, but for some reason the woman made her...frozen. "Where's the fun in that?" she shrugged.

Her uncle looked at her. "Just be careful Wen...with both, business and your heart." he said standing up and patting her shoulder before turning around to leave for the door.

"Ladies." he said bowing his head towards Jennie and Jisoo when he went to the door.

After he left Jennie and Jisoo entered the living room.

"Boss?" Jisoo started.

------♥------

It had been 3 weeks after the whole Minho, Blondie thing, and everything seemed to have returned back to normal, both gang's were in their lanes and neither leader had heard about the other, which was a good thing for their businesses.

Irene was calmly relaxing in Moonlight Melody, it was a little over 4am and the bar was empty.
She closed her eyes and enjoyed the soft music playing, she had told her employees she would be fine on her own, so she was the only person left at the bar, she just wanted a little peace and quiet before calling Taeyeon to pick her up.

A noise was heard from the front. 'That's weird, everything's locked.' she thought, opening her eyes.

Instinctively she reached for her handgun and pointed at the source if the noise, the slow jazz music playing as background noise.

Suddenly in came walking leisurely Son Wendy.

Irene's heart started to beat faster. 'How the hell did she get in...and how does she look so good at 4am?' she thought, shaking her head at the last part.

"Hello there Miss Bae." Wendy said with a charming smile.

"What are you doing here and how did you get in?" Irene asked, her gun still pointed at Wendy.

"I have my methods..." the dark redhead said. "and don't worry, I came here alone."

"And why should I trust you on that?"

Wendy shrugged, walking forward towards Irene. "You shouldn't, but you could." she finished, sitting down in front of the woman who was still pointing a gun at her.

"Aren't you going to try and shoot me?" Irene questioned.

"Not yet, at least." Wendy said nonchalantly.

Irene frowned, she wasn't stupid, but she had a feeling Wendy wasn't here to kill her, at least not in this moment, she lowered her gun, but kept in her hand.

"What are you doing here?" Irene questioned the woman. Who now that Irene could see her up close looked even more beautiful than the last time they saw each other , or rather threatened each other briefly.

"You've got a nice place here..." Wendy said looking around, then looking back at Irene an unreadable expression on her face.

"You know I do, since last time you were here you killed one of my best clients." Irene rebuked, a hint of anger on her tone.

"Yeah...not my smartest idea." she confessed.

"...so?"

"So what?"

"What are you really doing here?"

A moment of silence passed between the two, both looking at the other.

"Why is it that I can't seem to kill you, even when I have the chance, like right now?" Wendy questioned.

"...I...I don't know." the D'Angeli leader replied. "It happens to me too." she confessed.

Wendy nodded her head slowly and suddenly rose up, making her way for the exit. "Next time...next time we meet...I'll do it." she said without turning around.

"Are you convincing yourself or telling me?" Irene asked calmly.

"I don't know." Wendy said before exiting the establishment.

Irene sighed. 'Well that was...something.'

------♥------

Lisa was in her room, analyzing data that she didn't really understand about some shipments for the next day when her phone rang.

She picked it up and saw the caller ID, she smiled. "Hey!" she said happily.

"Hey, how are you?" Chaeyoung's voice said.

"Good, you?"

"Meh, been better." the former member of the gang replied.

Lisa hadn't noticed but Chaeyoung's voice sounded hoarse, as if she was sick.

"Are you sick?" Lisa asked worried.

She heard Chaeyoung chuckle. "It's just a cold." she said.

"Do you need anything? I could-" she was cut off by the slightly older girl.

"No, It's fine." she said with a hint of protectiveness.

"...ok." Lisa said quietly.

After Chaeyoung had left the gang, she never told Lisa where she was, never spoke about where she was living or anything, it's been a year and she still doesn't know. The only thing Lisa knew was that she was working at a shop that she liked and sometimes she'd play gigs with her guitar in small cozy bars to earn a few extra bucks and that the girl was content doing that. Of course Lisa was happy for her, but a part of her felt a little sad that she couldn't be the one going to her gigs, hanging out with her and just being together, the only time she spoke to her was in the periodical phone calls they had.

"Sorry..." Chaeyoung said noticing Lisa's silence after the outburst. "You know we...I can't see you..." she said, her tone laced with sadness.

"...yeah." Lisa said. "Thanks for calling." she said trying to lighten the mood.

"No problem." she chuckled. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Thanks." Lisa smiled.

A knock was heard on the door.

"Lisa," Yves called. "I need your help with something." she said though the closed door.

"Ok!" Lisa replied. "I've gotta go..." she said with sadness on her voice.

"...ok...be careful." Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah...talk to you soon?" Lisa asked.

"Sure. Bye Lisa"

"Bye Chaeng."