Chapter 15: Hide and Seek

Of Angels And Demons

Two weeks passed by in a flash, and Jisoo was already back at the Daemonez property, resting. Irene had been very persistent in her staying somewhere else, but Wendy assured her she was going to keep Jisoo as far away from the streets as possible, so Irene agreed.

They were back to the usual and they both hated it, the only welcomed and liked change in their routines was that the gang's were at peace, not working together, but at peace, Wendy and Irene talked daily basically, and so did the Bae sisters, it was a new dynamic, but something still didn't feel right just yet.

Since coming back Taeyeon and Irene's relationship had shifted, the trust the younger girl had for the older one was basically gone. They only ever talked if it had to do with the "business".

Irene was sitting at her desk shuffling through some papers when her phone started buzzing. She saw the caller ID and smiled.

"Hey younger Bae." she greeted as she answered the phone.

Jisoo laughed. "Hey sis, what are you up to?" she asked casually.

Irene closed her laptop and put the papers she was studying aside. "Nothing much...just business..." she trailed off.

As much as they were close again, they still belonged to different gangs, so no information about their business affairs was clearly discussed, also if Wendy wasn't in amicable terms with Irene, this conversation would've probably gotten Jisoo killed.

"Ah..." Jisoo replied. "Don't overdo it."

"No worries, I have it all under control."

They talked for about half an hour before Irene heard Jennie announce that Jisoo's therapist had arrived, after the full disclosure of Jisoo's injuries they discovered that she had also injured her leg, so she was assigned a therapist to help her with that and just check up on her in general. So they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Truth be told Irene had something in her mind that wasn't business. Wendy had called her yesterday to talk about something very important, and she had a lot to think about. Since the conversation Irene had been weighting on many different things, but didn't quite know how to accomplish what Wendy had proposed yet, she had to make a decision.

------♥------

Wendy was in a ware house near Porto Muerto, Yves was standing next to her, her hands bloody and a smirk playing on her face.

'You enjoy this...don't you Yves?' the leader thought rather coldly, her mind drifting to the possibilities of what Yves would be doing if she had never joined the gang.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the voice of the man pleading before Yves.

"P-please, I-I swear I wasn't the one who sold the shipment." he said trembling.

"You better have not," Yves quickly rebuked. "cause if that's the case..." the younger woman trailed off, grabbing the man's neck and putting a knife to his cheek, making a small cut.

Wendy sighed. "Yves..." she trailed off.

Yves looked at her briefly before stepping away from the man, shaking her head.

"Look dude," Wendy began. "You're all bruised up, you smell like fish, you're bleeding and Yves here loves inflicting pain, also you already look pretty damn bad and she hasn't even really began having fun. We know you sold it, so, just give us the name of the buyer and pay us the shipment you own." the leader finished with a stern tone, tired of playing games.

The man gulped, a light trail of blood coming from his bruised right temple. "O-okay. I'll pay you back. Th-the name of the buyer is Monica Park." he finished saying, clearly giving up the fight.

Wendy nodded. "We need the payment before letting you go."

The man nodded. "I have it, it's in..."

Yves looked at the scene playing before her, usually Wendy would've let her do more, but of course, after the Jisoo thing, well, the leader basically had Yves on a leash. Her mind went back to the conversation she had with Taeyeon at that bar. She lowered her head somberly.

"Hey, you okay?" Wendy asked trying to sound distant, but failing.

Yves knew that Wendy still viewed her as a member, and that, despite everything, she felt responsible for her in a way, after all, Yves was the first girl to join the gang after Wendy had taken over and even if neither of them would ever admit it, Wendy viewed Yves as some sort of sibling and Yves felt bad about that, yes she often didn't show it, but she did have a heart, a very twisted one, but it was there. So instead of answering with sincerity and say "I'm fine, stop worrying about me, you deserve better.", she ended up playing the role she had long being used to playing, so used to it that it had become who she was.

"Why wouldn't I be, I got to beat up someone, blood on my hands...I was already getting bored at the house." Yves replied smirking.

Wendy shook her head, the ghost of a smile playing in her lips. "Let's go fetch the money then."

Yves nodded her head. "Guess you're not dying today." she said smirking at the guy, before punching his stomach.

"...Yves." Wendy reprimanded.

The younger girl only shrugged and untied the guy.

------♥------

The leader of the D'Angeli was heading towards the kitchen when she heard muffled voices, she knew the voices belonged to Seulgi and Joy, but she couldn't clearly hear what they were saying. Irene approached quietly and stood behind the wall, next to the kitchen's door, were she wouldn't be seen.

"I'm worried..." Irene heard Joy say.

"It's gonna be fine." Seulgi replied.

"You're hurt."

"It’s only a cut Joy, it's not like it's something serious, part of the job." Seulgi shrugged.

"What if next time it's not a cut but a bullet wound?" Joy replied annoyed.

"That won't happen."

"I bet that that's exactly what Jisoo thought before getting shot." the youngest of the two in the kitchen replied with venom.

Irene could feel the tension building up between the couple, she was about to intervene when Seulgi spoke up again.

"Angel...if you're scared of getting hurt, it's fine, I will never let anything happen to you-"

Joy huffed in frustration, interrupting Seulgi. "That's the thing, I'm not worried about me, you stupid bear!" she screamed. "I'm worried about you, what would I do if I lose you, huh!?" she finished frustrated.

Irene couldn't see her, but she knew Joy was crying.

Seulgi stayed quiet, then walked over to the taller brunette and held her tight.

"I'm sorry..." Seulgi mumbled. "I wish I could promise-I wish I could promise my safe return every time I go into a job...but I can't." she said, pain laced in her voice.

Joy sobbed louder. Irene swore she could feel her own heart crumble up at the sound of Joy's muffled crying.

"I wish I- could change this situation...but I can't...I'm sorry." Seulgi said, her voice breaking too.

After a long pause Joy spoke up again. "You're too kind for your own good...how are you even a hit man?" she said, trying to lighten the mood.

Seulgi let out a small airy laugh. "I needed the money, fast, you know the story."

"I do." Joy replied with a chuckle, after another pause she added. "I love you, you know, so just...yeah..." she trailed off.

Irene heard what was definitely a kiss, then Seulgi speak up. "I love you too."

Irene made her way upstairs quietly and after closing the door to her office and called someone she had been talking to everyday for about 2 weeks now.

"Wendy...I thought it through, I think I know what to do." she said with conviction.