Chapter 12: Now it Clicks

Of Angels And Demons

Jisoo was stabilized successfully and was expected to make a full recovery, she was currently still unconscious because of the anesthesia.

Wendy had taken a reluctant Jennie home after they had transferred Jisoo into a room, the younger girl wanted to stay until Jisoo woke up, but she seriously needed a shower and some rest according to her leader.

Irene decided to stay in case anything happened, two hours later after the surgery Jisoo woke up.

"Ugh," the girl groaned.

Irene rose from her seat, making her way to her sister's bed. "...hey..." Irene said softly.

Jisoo focused her eyes on Irene. "H-hey." a faint smile on her lips. "Long time no see..." she said in a hoarse voice.

Irene gave her a small smile back. "Yeah...how are you feeling?" she questioned worriedly.

"Like I just got shot...or stabbed 11 times." she said groaning again.

Irene chuckled. "Ok, my bad, that was a stupid question."

Jisoo smiled.

"Do you want water or anything?" the older Bae questioned, turning around to fetch a water bottle and a small plastic cup.

Jisoo extended her arm to grip Irene's wrist.

Irene turned around perplexed. "You don't want water?"

Jisoo nodded. "Yeah, I just...I thought you were going to leave..." she said, lowering her head bashfully and letting go of Irene's wrist.

Irene gave her a soft smile. "No worries, I'm not planning on going anywhere right now." she reassured.

------♥------

The D'Angeli is a respected gang and back in the day, when it was under her mother's guidance it was too.

When Jisoo was little she remembered very little about the hints that their parents weren't the typical kind of parents everyone else had. They were never really around and it was always her and Irene alone with a nanny. They both used to rely on each other a lot since the sisters were always together.

Their mom was the boss of the gang and she had met their father, who was much more older than her, when he joined the gang. When Irene was 13 and Jisoo was 11 their mother fell ill and died a year later, that's when the "business"  fell in their father's hands, that's when he decided to introduce Irene and Jisoo into the D'Angeli world since he was much older he decided he needed the help and later on, as everyone knows, her father, against Irene's wishes put her in charge when she was 20, eventually their father died of heart complications, and well, Irene was left with a sister to take care of and a gang to handle.

Irene had never liked it, being in the gang, much less being the leader, but alas, she still took over, a part of Jisoo knew Irene had taken over to take away the burden from her, because if Irene had declined leadership with finality, the task would've fallen on Jisoo's shoulder, and that was the thing, Jisoo felt like Irene was always taking care of her instead of focusing on herself.

So when Irene became the leader Jisoo decided that she didn't want to be a burden to her sister anymore, she didn't want Irene to worry about her, she needed to take at least one burden off from the poor 20 year old who loved flowers, books and the smell of freshly ironed clothes, the girl had enough on her plate already, so she did the only thing she could think of to get Irene to stop worrying about her, leave.

In reality both sisters never stopped caring about each other, it was just easier throwing around the word betrayal, instead of actually facing the fact that both had the others best interest at heart.

That's how Jisoo ended up in the Daemonez house a year later, she left without saying a word. 'Better if she just stops caring.' Jisoo had figured.

While Wendy doubted her reasons for joining she never said a word against her and didn't question her further on her motives for changing gangs, which Jisoo was thankful for. While she was worried about her sister, she also wanted to appear strong, for Irene and for herself, and it wasn't very intimidating saying "I left my gang because I didn't want to give my sister more burdens by worrying about me.", so she just avoided the subject and said that she wanted her own path, which was kind of true, in a way.

She did miss her sister and their bond everyday though.

------♥------

"So that's what happened huh?" Irene asked Jisoo, a sad smile on her lips.

"...yeah." the younger Bae replied.

"You should've just told me...you were never a burden to me, and you never will be, you're supposed to annoy me and I'm supposed to beat you up and help you get out of trouble either way." Irene said softly in a bit of a playful tone.

"Yeah, I know." Jisoo said chuckling. "Sorry." she finished.

"Me too." Irene said, holding her sister's hand.

After a minute of silence Jisoo spoke up again.

"Now what?" she asked unsure.

"...I...I honestly don't know, but when I do, I'll tell you." the older Bae said in a soft voice.

"Okay." Jisoo smiled, content to have her sister back.

They were both holding hands tightly when a certain someone barged in the room with Wendy.

"Jennie, this is a ing hospital, can you act like a civilized human for once!?" Wendy half screamed.

"I'll do what I want, I have to see if Ji-" Jennie was cut off by the sight of the Bae sisters holding hands and smiling at the sight before them. "Jisoo..." the brunette trailed off, a goofy smile growing in her face.

"Hey Jendukie." Jisoo said before Jennie quickly made her way to her, hugging her with care as to not hurt her.

Irene smiled letting go of her sister's hand so she could reciprocate the hug she was being given.

"...thank God." Jennie whispered.

Jisoo smiled and squeezed Jennie a little bit tighter, closing her eyes.

"Glad you're alive kid." Wendy's voice cut through the room.

Jennie straighten herself up, taking Jisoo's hand in her, while Jisoo simply turned her head into Wendy's direction.

"What can I say boss, I'm Jisoo Bae, I'm okay." she said, making the other three people in the hospital room laugh.

"I'm glad." Wendy said, walking closer to Jisoo, patting her leg.

Wendy looked at Irene, who was looking back at her with a smile which the redhead returned.

"I'm gonna call the others to update them on what's going on." Irene said. "I'll be back in a second."

Before Irene could leave Wendy grabbed her wrist softly.

"You can go home and freshen up if you want, you've been here for almost 2 days, I can stay with Jennie to watch over Jisoo." Wendy offered.

Irene looked at Wendy, then at Jisoo and Jennie. Jennie nodded her head while Jisoo gave her a thumbs up with a little smile.

Irene smiled back at them, nodding her head. "Okay." she told Wendy. "I'll be back as soon as I'm done at home."

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" Wendy asked, letting Irene's wrist lose.

Irene shook her head. "No, it's fine, I'll just take a cab or something."

"No." Wendy said with finality. "I'm taking you."

"You don-" Irene tries protesting in vain.

"Kids I'm taking Irene home, I'll be back soon. Jisoo, rest, Jennie, behave." Wendy said, fishing for the car keys in her jeans.

Jisoo chuckled nodding her head. "Whatever you say boss."

Jennie looked at Wendy and frowned. "I behave..." she mumbled.

Jisoo looked at her and laughed, poking her side, at that Jennie squealed, making Jisoo laugh.

Jennie could only smile at her, shaking her head.

Wendy and Irene smiled looking at the scene.

The Daemonez leader turned her head to look at the older Bae. "I think they'll be fine until I come back."

"Yeah, me too." Irene said with a chuckle.