Chapter 3: Two Queens

Of Angels And Demons
It was late on a Friday afternoon, Irene had agreed to meet up with Wendy Son, she hadn't actually ever met the girl, the only thing she knew about her was that she was young and scary.
When her sister Jisoo left and betrayed Irene to join Son's gang, she had felt an undying rage for both, her sister and the Son girl, but as time went by she just learned to ignore the fact that she had a sister and as long as the Son girl stayed in her sides of town, she had also learned to ignore her existence. So why on earth did Wendy Son want to meet her after all this time?
Irene should've thought twice about this, when she talked to Wendy on the phone they both agreed to go alone, no other members or anyone. That was always a bad sign, Irene had fulfilled her agreement, she was here on her own, much to her members’ protests, but Wendy hadn't said anything about handguns.
She heard footsteps before a figure stepped into the alley she was waiting at, the figure quickly rose it's gun pointing at Irene, but with her years of experience Irene had also learned a lot, so of course they both held their guns to the other's head at the same time, the dim light on the alley making it difficult for the both of them to see each other's faces.
"Bae Irene...you’re fast." she could practically hear the smirk in her voice.
"Son Wendy, is this how you always introduce yourself?" Irene rebuked.
"Hmm, only to people I deem dangerous for my business."
"Oh, so you know I'm dangerous." Irene mocked.
"I'm going to kill you, here and now, and stay with both sides of the city, it's good for the business you know?" Son said, walking a bit closer, gun still firmly pointed at the D’Angeli leader.
Irene didn't even budge an inch, she was only a bit scared, usually she wasn't the one out and about, she'd rather not deal with people face to face when negotiating, but she wasn't really scared by guns, even if she wasn't usually out, she had had her fair share of fights and dangerous situations before being the leader of the gang.
"If you pull the trigger, believe me, I'll pull mine too, even if it's a second later, you'll be dead too, after all...I’m pretty quick, remember?" Irene said, an air of confidence on her words.
Wendy scoffed and started walking forward while Irene walked backwards, each still pointing their guns at each other's heads without faltering, they accidentally ended up right underneath the only light source on the alley and when they both finally saw each other their breathing hitched and they both froze.
'No way, , she's...beautiful, what's up with her eyes, they're...mesmerizing.' Wendy thought. This had never happened to her before, she just couldn't take her eyes away from her, momentarily forgetting the gun in her hands.
'This is Son "Wendy" Seungwan? She's...so...wow.' Irene thought, her heart beating a bit faster than usual.
They both stared at each other for a little longer before Wendy broke the silence.
"So...n-not so tough now huh?" Wendy tried saying in a steady voice. 'Did I just ing stutter?' she thought.
Irene remained silent, a stoic expression on her face.
Wendy panicked. "Come on, shoot me!" she looked at Irene in the eyes, 'God, she's really beautiful'.
Irene lowered her gun. "That's okay," she sighed and cleared . "Maybe we should just solve this as professionals." she finished saying, her cool facade hiding the fact that her heart was beating out of her chest.
Wendy looked at her lowering her gun slowly. "There's nothing to talk about, I've changed my mind, maybe you shouldn't die yet...we'll meet again..."
"Fine" Irene said, her voice wavering slightly.
Wendy turned around and walked away, she had just done three things you shouldn't ever do with your enemies, one, give them the advantage, two, show them your face if you're going to kill them and three, give your back to them...also four, fall for said enemy was always a no no, but here she was. Wendy grunted in frustration while she disappeared in the shadows once again.
Irene was left there, dumbfounded and confused as to what just happened, Wendy had just turned around, she could've had a perfect shot at her, the woman that her sister betrayed her for, the woman that was the leader of her enemy gang, the woman who's rules didn't align to hers, the woman with the beautiful eyes and attractive dark red hair.
"." she mumbled lowly under her breath while turning around to walk the opposite direction back to her quarters.
'Did I just fall for the enemy?' she questioned herself while face-palming slightly.