Chapter 10: More than meets the eye

Of Angels And Demons

'So this is what Wendy meant the other night.' Irene thought while a bullet passed by her head, she had almost been killed.

 

[15 minutes earlier]

The D'Angeli and Daemonez made an agreement to meet, they were supposedly going to reach a treaty for new territories and finally stop the damn fight between both gangs, all the core members were supposed to attend.

On Irene's side there were Taeyeon, Seulgi, Joy and Yeri and on Wendy's side, Jisoo, Jennie, Yves and Lisa.

When Wendy arrived Irene saw Jisoo, she hadn't seen the other girl in nearly 4 years. Jisoo made eye contact with her and quickly averted her gaze.

 

'She looks healthy.' Irene unconsciously thought.

They all stood face to face with each other, one member in front of each.

Wendy stood before Irene, Jisoo before Taeyeon, Yves before Seulgi, Jennie before Joy and Lisa before Yeri, all looking at each other square in the eye.

"So, how are we gonna-" Irene was cut off by Yves pulling her gun out and pointing it at Irene.

The D'Angeli's got their guns out, Seulgi pointing at Yves, while the Daemonez did the same but pointing it at each member in front of them, which were already pointing their guns back at them.

Wendy sighed. "Yves, what the ?" she asked exasperated.

"Let's solve this the old style," Yves started smiling. "The last one standing gets all the territories." she finished.

"That wasn't the plan." Wendy said through gritted teeth, pointing her gun at Yves.

Lisa gasped, she had never seen Wendy point her gun at any of them, at least not in a long time...

Yves didn't even flinch, she knew Wendy wasn't going to shoot her, after all she-

A gunshot was heard, no one dared move.

Yves widened her eyes, the bullet had barely grazed her left arm.

Yves started lowering her gun, for the first time ever she was kind of scared by Wendy. "Sorry bos-"

"I guess a shot was fired, that means a shootout right?" Taeyeon said with a grin, pointing her gun at Wendy.

"Taeyeon no-" Irene tried saying, but as soon as she noticed Taeyeon about to pull the trigger she jumped in front of Wendy, Taeyeon noticed but her finger was already on the trigger.

"Irene what the-" gunshot again, it graces her leg, as Taeyeon tried to move her hand out of Irene's path.

That's all it took, the members of each side were on edge. Everyone soon started fighting.
"Guess, this can't be stopped now..." Wendy said lowly.

 

'So this is what Wendy meant.' Irene thought while a bullet passed by her head, she had almost been killed by Yves, but Taeyeon pushed her out the way.

--- ---♥--- ---

Both side were either fist fighting cause their guns had ran out of bullets, or hitting each other with any thing they could grasp.

It was chaos inside the warehouse they were at.

Wendy was still a bit dumbfounded that Irene had been willing to put herself in the line of fire for her, but why did she.

Usually she would be out there with her members, throwing punches and kicking people, but right now, she was tired, she didn't want to, she wanted something else, for the first time in forever, she didn't care about the money or territory, she wanted peace and quiet and a warm place to sleep at, she wanted-

"Wendy, move!" a voice said.

Wendy whipped her head up, it was Irene.

"Wendy, come on, at this rate they're gonna kill each other we need to-" Irene tried to say desperately before she was cut off by Wendy.

"They're not gonna listen, at least not Yves or Jennie." she said defeated.

Irene looked at her with an unreadable expression, the sound of the last bullets hitting the metal confinement echoing around them.

"Why did you jump in the line of fire for me?" Wendy questioned, it wasn't the time to be having a chat, but Wendy needed to know.

"Because..." Irene opened and closed several times before finally answering. "You looked like me." she said.

Wendy looked at her perplexed. "What does that mean?"

"Tired," Irene said with a small sad smile. "like you're ready to stop this." she signaled with her hands to her surroundings. "Like you really wanted to do things right...to have a little-"

"Peace." Wendy finished with a small sad smile of her own.

"Yes." Irene said.

Wendy stood up and walked closer to Irene.

They stared at each other for a while, Wendy started leaning in, until a scream was heard across the warehouse.

They both turned around, getting out of their hiding place behind some containers.

Everyone had stopped fighting, they were all looking at the center of the warehouse were Jisoo was laying on the floor.

Wendy looked at Irene, a worried expression on her face.

"Iren-" she tried saying, but the raven haired woman had already sprinted across to reach her sister.

She threw herself on the ground lifting Jisoo and holding her, cradling her face, Jennie was a few feet away, knees on the floor, looking like she was about to cry.

Taeyeon was on the other side. "Irene...I didn't- she, she got in the way. I was going to attack that one- I'm-"

" this..." Irene said, cutting her off.

Everyone was silent. While Jisoo was a Daemonez member, Irene was her sister and always will be, betrayal or not.

--- ---♥--- ---

Wendy stood there, shocked, Jisoo was her member and she was beyond worried about her, but with Irene holding her she didn't even dare step in, she felt like Irene had more right than her to be the one holding Jisoo.

She walked slowly towards Irene, looking over her to asses the situation.

Jisoo was unconscious, a lot of blood around her, Irene was trying to keep pressure on a wound that seemed to be near Jisoo's right side, next to her ribcage.

Wendy lowered herself next to irene. "We need to get her to the hospital." she said calmly.

No one dared move, nor the D'Angeli or Daemonez.

Irene closed her eyes, a few tears rolling down her cheek, she nodded her head weakly.

"Everybody, out!" Wendy said.

The Daemonez started making their way out of the warehouse exchanging worried glances, even Yves was worried.

"I'm not leaving." Jennie said with finality, tears rolling down her own cheeks.

Wendy looked at her, she had never seen Jennie cry, her bloody lip and bruised knuckles only made her look even frailer.

"I said-"

"Let her stay..." Irene said softly, without leaving her gaze from her sister, cutting Wendy off.

Wendy nodded. "Okay." she said towards Jennie.

Jennie came closer to Irene and Jisoo, extending her hand to hold one of Jisoo's. "Please Chichoo, don't leave me..." she said softly, resting her head on Jisoo's hand.

That only made Irene quietly cry harder, she took a deep breath and turned to look at her members.

"An ambulance is coming." Seulgi said, walking closer and patting Irene's shoulder.

Joy and Yeri were holding on to each other for dear life while Taeyeon looked...pale.

Irene nodded, saying a weak "Thank you."

Seulgi nodded back.

"Go home, I'll...I'll call if anything happens." Irene said.

"Are you sure?" Seulgi asked worriedly.

"Yes, go clean yourselves up."

Seulgi turned around knowing not to defy their leader.

Finally the D'Angeli left, now it was only Irene, Wendy, Jennie and a barely breathing Jisoo in the warehouse.

After the ambulance came in only one person could go with Jisoo, as much as Jennie wanted to be the one, she knew Irene was the one that had to go, so she moved aside to let Irene climb in the ambulance.

Wendy went to look for her car and followed the ambulance to the hospital with a quiet Jennie on the passenger seat.

What a night.