Chapter 7: Retaliation

Of Angels And Demons

Irene was beyond pissed, furious was an understatement. Son Wendy went to her bar, her precious bar, shot one of her best clients and on top of that sent her a message saying "Hope you're up for a little fun Bae.", Son is definitely the most irritating, conceited and obnoxious person she had ever met, and on top of that she was beautiful, what the hell kind of equation is that?

Irene threw her phone against the wall, breaking the innocent piece of technology.

"Calm down!" Joy said, if she hadn't moved on time the cell phone would've been smashed against her face.

"Didn't I warn everyone about Wendy's appearance, how the did she get in my bar!?" she said loudly and exasperated.

Yeri looked at her with fear, she had never seen the poised woman lose her temper like this.

"Boss, it's gonna be fine-" Seulgi tried saying, but her words got drowned out before she could finish by Irene's burning gaze.

"Fine...fine? Choi Minho was one of our best clients and that just eliminated him like it was nothing!" she screamed once again, throwing a very expensive lamp against the wall.

They all flinched at the sound of the impact.

Irene breathed heavenly, her hands messing her hair up in frustration, Minho wasn't only a client, he was also an ally, she wouldn't have considered him a friend, but the guy was a nice client whom she had had peaceful talks in between businesses before.
She was mad, frustrated and a little sad for the loss.

Suddenly the door flew open, a disheveled and furious looking Taeyeon stormed in.

"We need to do something about Son." she growled.

"Oh, believe me, we will, they ed with the wrong people." the leader barked back.


------♥------

Wendy was satisfied with the results from her attack. For once everyone was speculating that the Daemonez were behind the attack, which by default made people fear them, and that was always a plus, that way everyone knew they weren't playing around, specially D'Angeli.

Also she kind of view this as redemption for her mistakes during her meeting with Bae, the beautiful leader from D'Angeli, wait beautiful?

Seungwan shook her head and went back to reality. Three days had passed since the strike against the enemy gang, and there was something bothering Wendy, and that was the radio silence from the opposite gang.

After the attack Wendy had mocked Irene by sending a text to her, but she never received a reply, not even a " you". She wasn't going to lie, that radio silence from the latter disturbed her a bit. In this business silence was never really good.

The door of her office was opened, and in came strutting Jennie.

"What is it Brass, did you forget how to knock?" Wendy asked mildly annoyed at the rude gesture.

Jennie had always been like that, she was never really one to care about manners, specially when it came to her boss. Honestly, sometimes Wendy felt like Jennie was the owner of their luxurious house just because of the way she carried herself, on second thought, her and Yves could probably battle it out to see who annoyed Wendy the most, it's not that they didn't respect her, it's just that sometimes they forgot Wendy was the one pulling the strings.

"Something is off about Blondie." Jennie said, brushing off Wendy's comment about her manners.

"What do you mean something's off about Blondie?" she inquired raising an eyebrow at the younger woman.

"I was supposed to make an arrangement with her about an exotic shipment and she won't answer."

"How many times have you tried contacting her and when was the last time you spoke to her?"

"I've tried 15 times already, I haven't been able to contact her for an hour already, we were supposed to meet 20 minutes ago, she said she was on her way, but when I arrived at Porto Muerto she never showed up." Jennie said.

"That's bad...she always punctual." Wendy said remaining calm, but fearing the worst.

Blondie's shipment for today was valued in 300k, and she had just pissed off a certain gang leader 3 days ago, if Blondie's dead, she was going to lose a big profit, which Wendy never liked.

Wendy stood up from her chair, grabbing her gun. "Get the car, let's-" she was cut off by her phone ringing. "Hello?" she answered in a serious voice.


------♥------

After Minho's funeral, the D'Angeli headed back to their home to start planning on their next move.

"So, what's our next move?" Taeyeon asked while sitting down at the large table they were all gathered in inside the kitchen.

They had just lost a very powerful client, someone who had been a stable income for a while now, he wasn't the only one, but he was one of the best ones, even his personality was respectable and nice to work with, so no, Irene wasn't going to let this one go easily.

Irene signaled towards Yeri, who nodded and took some pictures and files out from a large envelope she had fetched before sitting down.

The pictures were of a blonde girl in various outfits and several different angles, some had been taken of her talking to known gang members and near cargo from boats known to deliver shipments for gangs.

"Her name's Park Choa, they call her Blondie." Irene began saying. "She's very well know around Velvet City as one of the best dealers around and she helps the Daemonez a lot...even though she claims she doesn't belong to any gang." Irene finished.

"And...?" Joy asked confused, holding Seulgi's hand on her lap.

Irene smirked. "She's Wendy's Minho...kind of, sometimes she buys from Son and other times she helps bring in shipments and goods for her, that girl is one of her best tools." the leader added. "And we are taking her down."

Taeyeon smiled and agreed eagerly to the plan. "How are we killing her?" she asked with a devilish grin.

"We're not." Irene simply said.

Taeyeon's smile faltered, while Seulgi and Joy looked at each other confused and Yeri just stared at Irene.

"What do you mean we're not killing her?" Taeyeon asked through gritted teeth.

"You know the rules." Irene said with finality.

"But Son ed with us first!" the blonde rebuked.

"Yes, and if anything Son is the one that deserves to die, or whoever it was that came to my bar." Irene said in a somber tone.

"That's exactly why we should do something about this Blondie girl." Taeyeon remarked.

"And we will, but it's not what you think..." Irene said, a smile slowly growing on her face.

"Honestly I'm a bit confused." Joy said looking back and forth between Irene and Taeyeon.

"Me too..." Seulgi started. "but I trust you unnie-I mean boss." Seulgi said saluting at Irene with the hand that wasn't holding Joy's.

Yeri nodded her head in agreement too while Taeyeon sighed, but ended up agreeing with whatever Irene was planning, after all, Irene knew what she was doing, she wasn't short tempered and impulsive like Taeyeon, she was cold and cunning, she wasn't going to make a mess if it wasn't needed, she liked clean deals and organized plans, which is exactly why she ended up being the leader instead of Taeyeon.