Chapter 14: New beginnings

Of Angels And Demons

Lisa heard screaming downstairs, but didn't really have the energy to go and do something about it, besides, Wendy was downstairs, and the commotion was surely Jennie beating up Yves, and in her opinion, the woman deserved it, she wasn't about to go and intervene to get herself punched and kicked.

Lisa sighed, she was done with all this , she should've gone with Chaeyoung when she had the chance.

Her phone had been ringing but she couldn't make it on time to answer, the missed call read *Chaeyoung*.

"I should call her back..." Lisa told herself. She picked up her phone to call back, but it started ringing again, she answered immediately.

"Chaeyeoung?" she eagerly said.

"Hi!" Chaeyeoung answered excitedly. "How are you?"

Lisa had never been more relieved to hear the girl's voice, she loved her phone calls with Chaeyeoung, but she needed to hear her voice particularly today.

"I-" without warning Lisa broke down, she started crying.

"H-hey, hey, what's wrong!?" Chaeyeoung asked desperately. "Lisa, are you hurt!? She was getting more anxious by the second.

Lisa mumbled a "No" but continued crying.

Chaeyoung didn't know what to do, the girl was furiously crying by this point, not saying anything, so she did the second best thing she could think of.

Lisa couldn't stop, it was as if a faucet had been open and she couldn't close it, suddenly she heard the sound of chords being played in a guitar through the phone, Chaeyoung's raspy voice started.

"Meet me in the hallway
I just left your bedroom
Give me some morphine
Is there any more to do?"

Lisa's breathing started to stabilize and her tears started becoming less prominent.

"Just let me know I'll be at the door, at the door
Hoping you'll come around
Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor"

Lisa closed her eyes, enjoying Chaeyoung's calming voice and sweet guitar melody, she had finally calmed down enough.

"Maybe we'll work it out
I gotta get better, gotta get better
I gotta get better, gotta get better
I gotta get better, gotta get better
And maybe we'll work it out"

"...thank you Chaeng..." Lisa said in a small voice. She was truly very thankful for her small yet meaningful gesture. It made her heart flutter and her heart feel something else...

"Anytime." Chaeyoung whispered. "Lisa...what happened?"

The blonde sighed. "...long version or short version?"

------♥------

Yves found herself in an old bar called Russian Roulette, 30 minutes away from South East downtown.

She was leisurely drinking a glass of whiskey when she felt a presence beside her.

"I'm going to sit here whether you like it or not." a voice said.

She turned to her left to see who the person was, it was none other than the D'Angeli's second in command, Kim "Baby face" Taeyeon.

Yves nodded her head but kept mum.

"Barman, bring me a glass of your best whiskey." Taeyeon demanded. "You and I have things to discuss." she said, turning her body to fully face Yves.

Yves sighed partly annoyed, but interested at the same time. "Sure...hit me."

------♥------

"You do know you don't have to be here all the time, don't you?" Jisoo told Irene, who was busy arranging a bunch of daffodils on a vase that had been previously empty.

Irene thought that if Jisoo had to stay for a few weeks or so, the room could at least feel a little homely.

"And you know that you're my little sister and I'll still do whatever the hell I have to to make sure you're okay, right?"

Jisoo laughed. "Okay sis."

This felt natural for the Bae sisters, after a few days and a conversation, they were already back to being...well...them, sisters, as if nothing had ever happened.

Irene took a seat next to her sister's bed and took out her phone, she was texting someone.

"Are you texting the boss?" Jisoo asked curiously.

Irene frowned. "The boss? I don't have a bos-"

"I meant, my boss." Jisoo smirked.

Irene looked at Jisoo unimpressed. "What are you implying?"

"Oh nothing, nothing..." Jisoo trailed off, staring at her nails with a permanent smirk on her lips.

"Yah!" Irene started, swatting softly at the younger Bae's hands. "Nothing is happening between me and Wendy...yet." she said the last part quietly.

"What?"

"Nothing. Aren't you hungry?" Irene said, evading the subject.

"A little, Jennie should be here with the food in a few." Jisoo said, remembering the brunette had gone to fetch them something to eat.

"Good." Irene smiled, going back to text someone.

"You never answered my question though..." Jisoo started. "Who are you texting?" she finished by pointing at Irene's phone.

Irene huffed. "It's not Wendy, okay? It's the delivery girl that replaced the idiot your boss took from me a while ago." Irene said matter-of-factly.

"Ooh, Ta~ro right? I remember!" Jisoo exclaimed. "...he, he's an idiot." she deadpanned, making both Irene and herself laugh.

"Why do you think I let him go so easily." Irene replied with a sly grin.

"Yeah, it makes sense."

They spent a while talking and joking around until Jennie arrived with the food and with an amused Wendy behind her.

"Hey, food's here!" Jennie screamed, making Jisoo laugh as Irene jumped a bit on her seat, startled.

Wendy laughed as she saw Irene get scared. "You know, for a gang leader you're pretty jumpy." she grinned.

"Keeps me alert." the older Bae shrugged, a blush coloring her cheeks.

Jisoo looked at her sister knowingly, a smirk playing on her lips, yet again.

After they ate Jennie decided to stay with Jisoo for the night.

Irene decided to go home and rest for a while, Wendy offered to drive her and she, for the second time accepted.

The drive was quiet, but in a comfortable way, they both felt at ease with each other, the silence was broken by Wendy speaking up.

"You know, it's weird how, just a few weeks ago we wanted to kill each other." the Daemonez leader commented.

"Yeah," Irene breathed an airy laugh. "I can't believe it either...so much has changed in only a few days."

"That's life, unexpected turns everywhere, one moment you're here, the next you're somewhere else or...gone." Wendy said, her eyes fixed in the road.

"Yeah...it's true." Irene replied quietly.

They made it to the D'Angeli property and Wendy turned off the engine.

"We've arrived, milady" the redhead said with a smile.

"Thank you very much madam." Irene replied playing along, they both laughed.

Wendy looked at Irene, her dark coffee colored eyes that you could drown in, her hair dark as the night, her pale skin and beautiful complexion, she was truly beautiful. She shook her head. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow." she said softly.

Irene didn't answer, just nodded her head softly, and then, before Wendy could register what was going on Irene leaned in, connecting her lips to Wendy's cheek and lingering there for a moment before pulling away.

"Thank you, see you tomorrow." she said with a timid smile and a blush adorning her cheeks.

"Yeah." Wendy replied smiling with a goofy grin and a matching blush.

Here they were, the two great D'Angeli and Daemonez leaders, blushing like school kids, epic.

The thing is, both Wendy and Irene got to the conclusion in their heads, after they were both at their own houses, that something had to change, this "life", not only for them, but for the others too.

They all deserved to be happy.