Chapter 8: Out of my way

Of Angels And Demons

"Hello?" Wendy answered in a serious voice.

"Well hello there Son Wendy." a voice said through the phone.

Wendy gritted her teeth, it wasn't Irene, it was a voice she had never heard, but she was sure it was someone from D'Angeli.

"Who is this and where's Blondie?" she asked, clearly mad.

"Oh, not to worry Miss Son, Blondie is in our hands now, we'll take good care of her." the voice said mockingly. "Also, thanks for the free shipment." the voice chuckled.

"Free shipment?" Wendy was confused until she realized. 'The 300k shipment, Son of a bitc-'.

"Yah, Son, pay attention, I haven't finished." the voice said.

"You've got a lot of nerve to talk to me like that, if I ever find out who you are, you're dead..." she said in her most menacing tone.

"Yeri, my name's Yeri, now that that's out of the way," the voice, Yeri, said.

Wendy had to admit she was impressed, the girl was clearly bold, reminded her a bit of Sooyoung and Jennie.

"We will stay with Blondie from now on, she's quite useful, as you already know, also with the shipment, thank for the free way to make 300k easily. Also one more thing, Irene says Hi, you, and don't mess with me. Okay that's all, by Wenwen!"

The line went dead.

Wendy was fuming, boiling on the inside, she lost one hell of an employee and client, and on top of that she just lost 300k, which the D'Angeli were going to be cashing in. She threw her cell phone against the floor, stepping on it.

"Son of a !" she screamed.

Jennie only looked at her, this outbursts on Wendy were uncommon, but not rare.

"What happened?" the younger brunette asked putting a hand in Wendy's shoulder.

"We lost Blondie..." Wendy said in a somber tone.

Jennie widened her eyes, she had made business with the blonde many times before, it was a shock to know she was dea-

"And she's not even dead." Wendy whined.

"What?" Jennie asked confused.

"Bae took her, she's gonna work for them now, and we just lost the whole shipment she was going to give you." she said annoyed.

'Huh, that ...good move, she lost Minho and gained Blondie', Jennie thought impressed.

Jennie sighed. "Well boss, what're we gonna do?" she asked.

"I don't know yet...but when I do know, I'll tell you." Wendy said turning around and sitting at her desk, opening her laptop to type something.

"Aren't we going to go at least try and get Blondie back or something."

"Nah, I'm done with that." the leader said without looking up.

"Whatever you say boss." Jennie said shrugging and leaving the room.

------♥------

"Done!" Yeri said happily towards a smiling Irene, after ending the call.

"Good job Yeri, although..." Irene frowned.

Yeri looked at her curiously. "What unnie?" she asked.

"You shouldn't have told her your name, Yeri, you need to be careful, she's a dangero-" she was cut off mid-rant by Yeri.

"Boss unnie, it's fine, I don't give a , she won't do to me, I'm smart." the youngest D'Angeli member said waving her hand in the air.

"Yah, Kim Yerim!"

Yeri flinched, her full name meant a scolding was coming her way.

"We do not curse in this house!" Irene exclaimed.

Yeri looked at her as if she had grown 3 heads and a tail.

"Unnie, you do realize that a while ago you said a ton of curse words when you were mad the other day right? Also, we're in a gang?" Yeri said warily.

"So because we're in a gang we're savages? I don't think so." Irene said proudly, folding a shirt she had been ironing.

Yeri laughed, it was a funny scenario, Bae Irene, the leader of the D'Angeli gang, one of the most respected gang's around, doing laundry.

"Okay boss unnie." she smiled.

"Thank you." Irene said satisfied.

Yeri turned around opening the door. "I'll try not to curse so ing much." she snickered while closing the door and making her way downstairs, fast.

Irene widened her eyes. "Little ..." she mumbled under her breath with a chuckle.

"She really needs to stop hanging out with Taeyeon so much." she shook her head.

Sometimes this felt normal, sometimes Irene liked to pretend this was a normal house with 5 roommates, that each of them led a normal pacific lifestyle, Joy and Seulgi met on their way to work, Taeyeon is some kind of business woman, Yeri is a student at some fancy university and she was a...florist? That's what she liked to imagine sometimes, after all, she didn't ask to be put in this spot by her father when she was merely 20 years old.

This wasn't the life she wanted, and it still isn't the life she wants for neither herself nor her members, yes, you make money and yes, it's a lot, but...isn't happiness worth more, feeling at ease, not having paranoid thoughts of people chasing you? Irene would probably change it in a heartbeat if she could, but, there's no use of reminiscing over what is already too late to change...right?

------♥------

"Thank you for your time Mrs. Kraft, we'll make sure to deliver." Jisoo said politely bowing to a woman in her late 30s.

The woman bowed back with a smile. "Great love, I don't doubt you'll have my package ready, I've always trusted doing business with Wendy."

Jisoo smiled and gave her final goodbyes to the woman at the restaurant. When she stepped out a black Audi was waiting for her.

The window rolled down. "Evenin' beautiful lady, May I you back to your house?" the girl in the driver's seat said, wiggling her eyebrows.

Jisoo laughed. "Hmm, too sappy...but you may, Ms. Jennie." she said while hoping on the passenger seat.

Jennie smiled at her. "How'd it go?" she asked already making her way out of the restaurants entrance.

"You know how Mrs. Kraft is, she wants a detailed plan of how we deliver to her." Jisoo said shrugging.

"She's paranoid...guess it's normal."

"Paranoid? Then maybe she should stop making deals with drug dealers and gang members..." Jisoo said rolling her eyes.

"Hey, as long as she pays us, I don't give a ." Jennie said smirking.

"That's cause you aren't the one who has to sit through a 3 hour talk with the woman to calm down her worries." the older girl said, poking Jennie playfully on the shoulder.

Jennie laughed. "Ok, point taken."

After arriving back home they heard noises coming from behind the front door. They both exchanged looks, Jennie grabbed Jisoo to make her stand behind her while her hand reached for the gun in her back pocket. She introduced the key slowly and signaled Jisoo to stay outside.

As she slowly stepped in the voices were loud and clear it was Wendy and a guy screaming at each other, Jennie frowned and popped her head out to tell Jisoo to come in quietly.

They both stood behind a wall that separated the entrance from the living room, were both Wendy and the guy were.

"What else do you want me to do!?" Wendy screamed exasperated. "I'm doing the best I can!"

"Your best is not enough, you killed a potential client that you could've stolen and you lost a client and a 300k shipment." the guy said exasperated.

"Well then, maybe you should've been the leader of this gang, not me!"