CH07

54 Days

DAY 19

 

Now that the mock test is done, what is left only the real final examination, the Prom and then the Graduation Day itself . This morning Minwoo's phone showed him a notification that reminded him if the Student Board have an appointment with the vendor of the Prom after the school end. At first it was Steffie and Seunghyun who was supposed to meet the vendor, but because of unexpected event happened during today's lunchbreak, Minwoo then decided to go instead of Seunghyun so he can have time to talk with Steffie.

Minwoo sends a text to Steffie. “ where r u?

Steffie's reply comes within second: “ teacher’s room. collect some docs. ready in 10mins.

Minwoo sends another text: “ meet me in the parking lot. same old place.

When Minwoo’s phone buzzes again, he thinks it’s Steffie but it’s from Eric: “ REMEMBER OUR DEAL! ” that’s what the text says. Brief one, but Minwoo can hear the warning from the message.

Minwoo sighes. It’s true if he kind of forgetting about his agreement with Eric when he said ‘I give you Steffie, You give me Dongwan’. Everytime they holds meeting to discuss about the progress and preparation for Prom, he never bring up the sub topic about Prom Date with Steffie, while in the other hand he already got what he wanted, which is Dongwan and things happen between him and Dongwan are more than like what he expected to be. So of course, what happened to Steffie today makes not only Eric but also him who gets a little bit panic.

Minwoo texts a reply to Eric: " Chills, I’ll talk to her today. "

Minwoo taps the steering wheel while waiting for Steffie. Boring, he then opens his phone again and texts something to Dongwan: “ From 8 planets in this solar system, which planet that is most favourable by the male astronauts?

It takes a while before Dongwan's reply comes: " Are you having a Science quiz? "

Minwoo giggles alone in  his car. " No. Cmon just answer it. Quick. "

" Mars? "

" No. The answer is Uranus. 2nd question, From 8 planets in this solar system, which planet that is most favourable by the female astronauts? "

" Is this a joke or a what Minwoo? I dont get it. "

" Told u just answer it. "

" Is it Venus? "

" And why if it’s Venus? "

" Bcz like the book said, man from Mars & woman from Venus. "

Minwoo lets out a big laugh reading Dongwan's reason.

" I see you are having a good time alone, Minwoo-ah. " Steffie suddenly appears and enters Minwoo's car. Minwoo puts his phone back to his pocket.

" Hi, Steff. Didn’t see you during lunchbreak, where were you? "

Steffie groans. " Is this why suddenly it was you who offered to go? Because you wanna talk about it? Aish! I should have known you better. "

Minwoo cranks the car and put it in reverse before he finally pulling out, leave the school onto the highway. “ So,tell me. Where were you during the Promposal happened? ” Minwoo asks for the second time.

“ I was studying on the library, and glad that I sat on  our secret make-out  corner so of course my presence there was secluded and hidden from the view so while  I could hear people was cheering over that stupid Promposal actually I’m so close to die because of embarrasment. ”

“ But heard that hesn’t the first guy who ask you out for Prom right? ”

Steffie nods. “ But it’s only him who did it publicly like that! Is he crazy? Broadcasted the Promposal using Radio School like that? Only the deaf who can’t hear that! Aish! ” Steffie become more agitated.

“ Maybe because the other just casually asked you and you rejected all of them, so he think that you prefer the Grand Gesture. ”

Minwoo hits the brake as there’s a Red Light in front of them. He uses this chance to grab his phone and sending a text to Dongwan: “ I’m driving rn, text you back when I’m home.

Steffie gives Minwoo a side eye. “ Are you seeing someone, Minwoo? I saw your face smitten like you were texting your crush. ”

Seeing a Green Light, Minwoo lets off the brake and the car starts moving again.

“ No, isn’t like what you thought. So, ” Minwoo tries to return the Prom topic back, worry if Steffie dig deeper and find out if it was Dongwan who made him like that. “ What’s your answer this time? I think he’s a good option that you can consider as a Prom Date. I mean, you both know each other so well, and in my opinion you two looks cute as a couple too. ”

“ I think he will be the next person who receives a No answer from me. ” Steffie now moving her attention out the window to face Minwoo. “ How about you? Do you find the promising candidates already?”

“ Not yet. But I still can go alone and I think it’s okay though. ”

“ Then, if you really find no one and decide to go solo, I will keep rejecting those guys because I prefer to go to Prom with you. ”

The car reaches the intersection and soon they will arrive at the building of LABELPROM as Minwoo can see the Sapphire Blue Lightbox Sign from afar.

“ That idea is appealing, but if in the end I go to prom with someone, then promise me that you will find a date for yourself? How about that, Steff? ” Minwoo prompts.

“ Fine. ” Looking at her own reflection in the window, Steffie bats her eyes arrogantly. “ I just lift my finger and the boys will gather in line for me. ”

Minwoo seals the deal with a smile. Eventhough deep inside he isn’t so sure with his attempt to help Eric in getting Yes answer from Steffie.

***

 

 

 

p.s oh let there be a woodong for tomorrow concert pleaseee and ricsyung and jindy too uwu