CH09

54 Days

DAY 21

 

As a student who comes from wealthy family who runs this famous Kpop Entertaintment agency, Kangta’s parent owns this huge house, -or actually more fit to be called as a villa than a house-  which located in the neighborhood where all other residents is also comes from another rich family,thus makes most of the other houses is empty because the owners are busy going abroad for bussiness or simply travelling. Due to that reason, for tonight’s party which hosted by Kangta wont cause an issue, the students could make plenty of noise without worry over nosy neighbors. And sure that’s what exactly happen right there because even before Minwoo’s SUV enters the house gate, he already able to hear the sound of music blasting from the house and when he arrives, he sees that someone already sets up a bonfire that lighting the darkness and crowds of people already piling up the front yard, dancing to the music.

Minwoo easily find a parking spot the one that Kangta reserved for his car. That’s why he is not in a rush to go to the party because no matter how crowded the street with cars from other students, Minwoo knows if being Kangta’s bestfriend, he got this one spot ready as a privilege. After cuts his engine off, Minwoo then turns his head to face Dongwan, “ Let’s go. ”

 

By the time they are already inside the house, the number of people who come to the party clearly isn’t a joke, regardless tomorrow is a school active day. Everyone is partying, enjoy the fact that foods and drinks are free and basically Kangta is inviting everyone, not just his friend from senior year. And with boozes on hand, this party also turns into a Make-Out Fest in disguise as many couples seems to enjoy their hook-up session and can be spotted in every part of the house. No one want to miss a chance where they can go wild for a night without worry over the consequences.

Dongwan quickly averts his gaze, suddenly feeling unpleasant with such a view.  For someone who never into this kind of activity to begin with, noted that the last party Dongwan attended was almost 2 years ago when Jung Hwan was still around and used to tagged him along, so practically after Jung Hwan graduated Dongwan never come to any school parties or other school activities. So it’s quite a shock for Dongwan to see these students are openly doing all this PDA activities and not something he expected at first. A tingle of regret rises from his quiet thoughts, but Dongwan tries to shove the feelings. Minwoo had been too nice yesterday so it’s time to payback for what Minwoo had done.

Beside Dongwan, Minwoo who keep on walking forward despite many attempts from different group of friends who try to stop and invite Minwoo so Minwoo can join them, scans the house and finally finds Eric who holds up a beer while waving back to Minwoo when Minwoo is coming toward him.

“ Whoaaaa look who’s here and tell me I’m not dreaming! I swear this is the first time for me to see  Minwoo’s plus one for party is a guy!! A guy!!! Well dude, what happen with the never ending list of your girls? Do you lose appetite for them and turn yourself gay? ” Eric chuckles jokingly.   

Those words from Eric makes Dongwan blush. It’s a joke comes from a man who already smells like alcohol, Dongwan knows but still couldn’t help it. Glad that Minwoo just simply ignores the remarks. “ Where are the  others, Eric?  ”

“ VIP guest is gather in the game room. ”

“ And why are you here? You aren’t part of Kangta’s VIP guest? ”

“ Of course I am! I come here to grab these tangerines for CJ. ”

“ So let’s go there, then. ”

Just when Minwoo about to walk, Eric pulls Minwoo’s wrist. His face suddenly become dead serious. “ Steffie still not give answer right? ” He whispers to Minwoo’s ear.

Minwoo nods.

“ You better help me, Minwoo-ah. ”

“ I will. But you should know that my position is quite dilemmatic. So just calm the , okay? ”

Eric sighes dramatically, even without doing that Minwoo knows the frustration growing inside him. Minwoo lets Eric to walk in front of him, then turns to see Dongwan. “ C’Mon Dongwan. ”

 

*

 

As the night falls, many people already left Kangta’s house. But not for Minwoo, Dongwan, Eric, Steffie, CJ and Andy who still not yet call it a night as they ready for another round of games after games.

Right now they are playing the classic Truth or Dare, the game that Andy suggested. Using a bottle to decide who takes turn next, this time the spinning bottle stops at Minwoo’s direction. Minwoo takes the bottle and says, “ We’ve been playing this game for too many times you guys already know every part of me so I choose dare. ”

Following the rules, then it’ll be CJ who gives Minwoo a challenge. “ I dare you to kiss one of us. ” and then with devil smile he quickly adds, “ In a  Frenchy way. ”

“ Who? ” Minwoo asks back with a mischievous look on his face.

“ Let the bottle decide. ”

Everyone is disagree with CJ’s idea, said that it’s unfair because there are 5 of them left only Steffie as the only girl in the room. CJ just laughing at the reaction.

“ Ya! Why you drag us altogether when it’s clearly a dare for Minwoo? ” Kangta is the first who protests and the other also saying almost the same thing simultaneously.

Meanwhile Minwoo seems like enjoying the whole thing and tries to calm down the crowd. “ Ya! Guys! Chills! It’s just me? Okay? We’ve been kissing each other a lot in the past dont act like you hate my lips. ”

Eric hits Minwoo’s head hard. “ Not a French Kiss, you ! ”

Minwoo grins. “ Oh hell I did that to you Eric. When you were sleep. ”

“ What the , ” Eric hisses.

“ Yah, guys c’mon let’s back to the game. ” CJ says again. He takes the bottle from Minwoo’s hand. “ All of you close your eyes, Minwoo you too. I will take the honour to spin the bottle. That’s the rule. ”

Everyone growls in frustration but they still do what CJ orders at them.

“ Choong Jae-ah, I swear I’m gonna kill you if you play trick on us. ” Steffie says in threatening tone before she close her eyes.

“ Okay, let me spin the bottle. ” CJ spins the bottle, a bit too strong it takes a while before it really stop spinning. Everyone holds their breath while CJ can’t hides his excitement.  “ Okay, okay. Open your eyes in a count of 3. 3,..... 2,..... 1 !! ”

Once everyone open their eyes, they are all fixes their gaze to the bottle which point at...

“ Holy~ ”

“ Whoa, that’s a plot twist everybody. ”

“ WooooHOOOO! Yeaahh!! At least is not me! ”

In the moment where Kangta, Andy, Steffie and Eric celebrates their luck triumphantly, there goes Dongwan and Minwoo who turns themself into a statue.

When he sees Dongwan go completely still, Minwoo then says, “ Well, I think it’s unfair for Dongwan. Give him some slack, guys.  Let’s spin the bottle again. ”

Everyone boo-ing Minwoo. “ Why suddenly become chicken, Minwoo-ah? ”

“ Hey, it’s Dongwan’s first time join our crazy group and play the game with us. I dont think he’s okay with me kissing him. ” Minwoo defends.

CJ puts his arm around Dongwan’s shoulder and pulls him closer, but his eyes still on Minwoo. “ Who knows? Do you ask him already? ”, and to Dongwan, CJ says, “ Hey, Dongwan remember it’s just a drinking game. Ah, okay! To make it fair, let’s count this as a Dare Challenge for you too, because you’re still not  get your turn yet. ”

Eric also pushes Dongwan’s shoulder. “ Yaa! Just do it fast or the punishment will be so hard for both of you! ”

Minwoo can feels his cheek burning, he raises his head and stares at Dongwan’s brown eyes deeply as if trying to read what’s inside Dongwan’s mind. Dongwan seems a little scared and uneasy because the game turns out to be like this.

Oblivious to the tension, the guys starts to clap their hand and chants for both Minwoo and Dongwan’s name like a Spartan Soldier. “Minwoo! Dongwan! Minwoo! Dongwan! ”

“ Hyung, as you can see, we are all already too drunk too care. Next morning no one will remember if you two kiss each other. ” Andy tries to persuade Dongwan in softest way. And it’s true, everyone level of sobriety is already on lowest level with all the non-stop drinking after drinking.

Dongwan, the victim from this game finally opens his mouth, “ If you count this as my turn too, then okay. ”

The cheering now gets louder after Dongwan finally says Yes for tackling down the challenge. And a color find its way back to Minwoo’s face who feels so relieved because little did he also afraid if Dongwan rejects the challenge.

Minwoo brings his body leans forward to reach over Dongwan’s side. His heart starts to pound so hard like a drum band during a Macy’s Day parade, he his dry lips to calm himself. Minwoo sense how nervous Dongwan is, but there’s something about the look in Dongwan’s face that seems like inviting Minwoo to just do the thing that CJ daring him to do. That, or it’s actually the alcohol who makes Minwoo think that way. But when Minwoo realizes if his eyes already glued to Dongwan’s lips, he knows that deep inside he really want to kiss Dongwan.

When their face is just about an inch, Dongwan takes a gulpful of oxygen. “ It’s just a game. ” Dongwan says in low voice before he shuts his eyes. And then Minwoo puts his hand over Dongwan’s chin before smashes his mouth against Dongwan’s. At first they are  doing it slowly and shyly, as if they are clueless and a newbie in the world of kissing.  But then the crowd around them starts to demand them to do more than that or they need to redo the challenge.

And so the kiss getting more intimate as both lips latches as one. Minwoo brushes Dongwan's mouth over and over again, Dongwan can feels the warmth of Minwoo’s lips on his. It’s soft but demanding as Minwoo and bites Dongwan’s lower lip. It sends a weird sensation that makes Dongwan’s body shivering. And when Dongwan parts his lips to get him some air, Minwoo takes the chance and slides his tongue inside. Everything excalates quickly now the taste of Minwoo’s tongue weakened Dongwan instantly so he grabs Minwoo’s shirt to prevent him from falling. Just after Dongwan hear the sound of Minwoo between the kiss, that’s when he snaps back to reality. Dongwan quickly breaks the kiss and shoves Minwoo away. The abruptness from Dongwan makes Minwoo blinks his eyes as if disoriented with Dongwan’s action, but just looking at how Dongwan’s face now turn redder than a boiled crab brings a realization from Minwoo too. And then before the crowd starts to misjudge their behaviour into something that’s clearly not the things Minwoo want after he done kissing Dongwan passionately like that, Minwoo pulls himself back.

Minwoo stand up and dare himself to face his friends. His eyes quickly scans to check the expression given by his friends one by one.

“ NOW YOU SEE THAT ?? YOU GUYS SEE THAT? AND TELL ME I’M NOT THE WINNER OF THIS GAME! HAHAHAHA! ”

CJ brings everyone’s attention back by clapping his hand so hard it’s so loud. “ Well, well, well .. That’s a great great performance from no other but Mr. Lee ing Minwoo-ssi with his partner Kim Dong Goddamn Wan-ssi about Tutorial How to Do French Kiss. Everyone, everyone I beg for your standing ovation to salute both of our artist in tonight’s game. ”

And after everyone done with their cheering and clapping, Minwoo takes the bottle and continue their game. This time the bottle stops at Steffie.

“ Now that the craziest challenge already done perfectly by Minwoo and Dongwan, I’m not afraid to choose Dare. But, I want to hear my challenge from Dongwan. ”

And for the second time in a row, everyone’s atention back to Dongwan.

“ It’s okay Dongwan, you can take revenge by challenge anything to Steffie. ” Minwoo says to break the tension that  hanging mid-air because Dongwan is just stand still and everyone is waiting for him.

There’s a mixed emotion that tightening Dongwan’s throat until he can’t forms any words.  What Dongwan knows for sure is the fact that Minwoo is wrong. Dongwan doesn’t want to take revenge. Yesterday Dongwan told Minwoo about his strong objection about Prom, but now Dongwan gets a chance to change his mind. And of course, no one in this room know about Dongwan's true feeling towards Steffie. Secretly, from the moment when Dongwan saw Steffie practiced for a ballet alone in an empty class  three years ago, that’s when Dongwan had his eyes and heart particularly to Steffie. Dongwan still have the same feeling for Steffie until this second. And  two days ago, Dongwan heard that Kangta threw a Prom Proposal to Steffie with the help from their School Radio’s DJ. But judging from how Steffie acts when there’s Kangta around her like now, Dongwan believes that Steffie still not yet give her answer to Kangta’s proposal.

“ I, “

When Dongwan opens his mouth, everyone scoots closer because curious to know what kind of challenge that Dongwan will gives to Steffie after he become silent like that.

“ I dare you to go to Prom with one of us here. ”

Now, no matter how drunk they are, sure Dongwan’s bold statement jerks everyone who are definitely in huge shock to hear that.

This time it’s Andy who breaks the silence by clapping his hand like a seal. “ Whoa, hyung daebak! That’s even crazier than the french kiss challenge! ”

CJ gives Dongwan a big thumbs up. “ I never know you are so evil, Dongwan. I salute you for your bravery and your genius brain. ”

“ But of course me and CJ are not counted in this round because we are inseparable as a couple. Right, hyung? ” Andy winks and Dongwan nods. Glad now the number of the competitor become smaller, just him, Minwoo, Eric and Kangta.

CJ once again takes the bottle. He clears his throat, his voice hoarse because the game become more exciting as the time passing. “ So, to all of the contenders please sit in full circle, and once again all of you, also Steffie, need to close your eyes while I spin this bottle. ”

Kangta and Eric who are also surprised with challenge that Dongwan throws for Steffie can’t do much but to follow what CJ ordered at them.

So next the four of them fixes their position and all ready with their eyes closed. But when CJ is about to spin the bottle, Minwoo's voice stop CJ mid-way.

“ WAIT! STOP! ”

“ Now what? ” Kangta feels annoyed with the disturbance coming from Minwoo.

Suddenly Minwoo pulls Dongwan’s arm. “ You guys can count us out too. ”

A big frown forms in Dongwan’s face.

“ Why, hyung? ” Andy asks, getting confuse too with this sudden encounter.

“ Because I go to Prom with Dongwan. ”

Dongwan’s mouth fall in agape. “ W, what ?! ”

“ Yeah, we will go to Prom together, remember? ” Minwoo shots a flash of wink to Dongwan. “ Okay, so now it’s only Kangta and Eric. So please, CJ, you can spin the bottle now and three of you please cover your eyes. ”

CJ spins the bottle. And Minwoo nudges at CJ while mouthing ERIC’s name. CJ nods his head. “ Okay, 3....2....1!!! ”

Eric throws himself to the air when he sees the bottle points directly at him. Steffie throws a suspicious look over CJ and Minwoo who just quickly look away to avoid Steffie’s glare.

“ I smell something fishy. I want you to spin the bottle again and this time we wont close our eyes. ” Kangta says in total anger.

Andy who keep being the peacemaker in this hectic situation then suggest them to play Rock-Paper-Scissors. To this idea, both Kangta and Eric agrees.

Minwoo stands in between Eric and Kangta who have their back facing against each other.

Both CJ and Andy cue the game by singing “ 내면 진다 가위 바위 ! ”

And Eric lets out his fist when Kangta throws a Scissors. Once again, Eric leaps and rushes himself to hug CJ and Andy. Kangta curses his bad luck and takes a bottle of Soju and finishes the drink by himself.

“ But you still need to say the word, hyung. ” Andy says to Eric. “ The Promposal needs to be done, no matter what. ”

Eric then takes Steffie’s hand and kneel down. “ You know they said, God made Adam and Eve, but history forgot to write if God also make Eric for Steffie. And those whom God hath joined together, let no one separate us. And now in the sight of God, and of all people here, I now pronounce you Steffanie Jung to go to prom with me Eric Moon. ”

And when Minwoo, Andy, CJ and Eric busy celebrating the happy moment, Dongwan in the other hand, feeling betrayed by what Minwoo did, can’t hide his jealousy and swears if he really hates everyone here especially Eric and Minwoo.

 

 

        “ CJ-ah, tell me the truth and dont lie. ”

While other resumes their drinking, Andy and CJ excuses themself to the pantry said they want to make Ramen. And that’s really what they are doing right now adds the cuddling part.

“ Uhm-mm? ” CJ who is resting his head to Andy’s shoulder answers without stop kissing the crook of Andy’s neck.

“ Did the bottle really stopped at Dongwan’s hyung? ”

“ Nope. ”

“ So actually the bottle stopped at? ”

“ You. ”

Andy laughs. “ Me? ”

“ Yeap. And there’s no way I let Minwoo to kiss you. Your lips is mine only. ” CJ’s hard warm body pressed all over Andy’s so tight it limits Andy’s movement to cook the ramen.

“ So why you changed it to Dongwan’s hyung? ”

“ Because it was easy to cheat that way without you guys noticed me. But did you feel something’s odd when those two kissed each other? ”

“ Uhm-mm, glad I’m not the only one who think that way. ”

While waiting for the water to boil, CJ keep showering Andy with kisses while hugging him from behind. The lovey-dovey action stops when they hears the tavern door swinging behind them.

“ Looking for something to eat, Dongwan-hyung? ”

Dongwan shyly approaches the table to join the lovebird. “ Mm, actually I want to ask for your help, CJ-ah. ”

“ What is it? ”

“ Could you give me a ride? I mean, right now? My head kinda dizzy and I feel sick in my stomach. ”

“ But did you come here with Minwoo? ”

“ Yeah, but he’s already drunk and still playing games with Eric, so I feel bad if suddenly I ask him to head home. ”

Before CJ opens his mouth to answer, Andy cuts in. “ Yeah, yeah of course CJ will give you a ride, hyung. Please wait until he finish his ramen, okay? But, sure you dont want something to take for your stomach or head, hyung? I can get you a pills. ”

Dongwan shakes his head refuse politely. “ No, I may just sleep in the car. And yeap, I better get my stuff and wait you outside. ”

“ Okay, hyung. ”

“ Thanks and Goodnite, Andy. ”

Right after Dongwan walks off from the kitchen, CJ throws his chopstick. “ Aish! Andy-ah! What the hell is that? How can you make decision by yourself? I’m not done with  the party, I’m not done with my soju! No, I dont wanna go home yet. Let Minwoo do that. I dont wanna drive all the way to Gapyeong. No!! ” Junjin snarls at  Andy angrily.

“ Take this as a chance for you to repent your sin, CJ. ” Andy replies calmly.

“ Repent my what?! ” CJ’s voice raise an octave.

“ You know I just pity Dongwan-hyung because he must feel awkward with Minwoo-hyung after the kiss. And it’s your fault at the beginning, so you need to take the responsibility by driving him home .”

“ Ya! Just a moment ago you were all agree that those two enjoyed the kiss, and how can now you say that it was my fault? ”

“ Nope, I dont remember the part where I said they are enjoying the kiss. I just said there’s something off from the kissing scene. ”

CJ really speechless in front of his boyfriend. He can’t help himself to not feel annoyed on Andy. He stares at the bowl  in front of his eyes that still have a half portion of the ramen. Clearly he loses the appetite already.

Andy brings himself closer and cupped CJ’s face before plant a kiss on CJ’s lips. The kiss is tender because its to let the anger out of CJ, which is something that Andy knows better. “ Dont sulk like that, please. If you feel tonight is ruined cuz I ask you to give ride to Dongwan-hyung, then promise I will make up for the other night. ”

“ Yeah, sure I’ll make you pay so your better be ready. And you know it’s not pun intended. ”

Andy laughs. “ Drive safe, okay? ”

CJ leans for another kiss. “ Yeah, Bye babe. ”

 

When CJ grabs his car keys from the buffet beside the the TV table, both Minwoo and Eric throws same question in unison. “ Where’d you go? ”

“ Wanna drive Dongwan back home. ”

“ What?! ” Minwoo asks in surprise.

“ Ooops, ” CJ feels like he spill something that Minwoo shouldn’t have know so he just shrugs his shoulder.

Minwoo quickly get up from the sofa and walks to the foyer. From the window he sees Dongwan stand beside CJ’s car. Alone.

“ Hey, Dongwan, what happen? CJ said he want to drive you home? ”

“ Yeah, you heard him correct. ” Dongwan replies with head still ducks to the ground.

“ I’m your ride for tonight sure it’s my job to drive you home, why you dont tell me if you wanna head home? ”

“ You drunk, Minwoo. ”

“ No, I’m not. ” Minwoo scowls.

“ Just go back inside, you still have game to play all night long. ” Dongwan shifts his body so he doesn’t need to face Minwoo directly.

“ Hey, ” Minwoo grabs Dongwan’s arm and Dongwan yanked away from him.

“ Is everything okay? ” Minwoo confuses with the way Dongwan’s act.

“ Yes. ”

“ But you seem like something's bothering you. Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong? Tell me, Dongwan. Is this because of the kiss? ” Minwoo continues on.

“ Can we just drop the talk? I’m just tired, I need to head home. ” Dongwan’s tone is cold and hard.

“ So just let me drive you instead of CJ!! ” Minwoo yells in frustration.

And just in time when CJ show up from behind Minwoo. “ It’s okay, Minwoo. I dont think you are qualified enough to be  Dongwan’s designated driver for tonight..”

“ And you think you are? ” Minwoo snap back at CJ.

“ Yeah, give me 20 bottles of soju and I still can drive to North Korea without pass out. ” CJ answer jokingly cuz he doesn’t wanna cause a scene.

Dongwan enters the car without looking at Minwoo’s direction at all and Minwoo decides to give up.

“ Please call me when you touchdown, Dongwan-ah. ” Minwoo begs before CJ rolls the car windows down. And of course, the car left without a respond from Dongwan who strictly look away, not meeting with Minwoo's pleaded eyes.

*****

 

 

 

 

p.s : is today really #happykangtaday ? why sm/hot ig not post smtg abt it ? anyway if its true today is #happykangtaday , i wanna say happy birthday to the man who brought Choong Jae to our life <3 for me kangta is shinhwa's undisputed 7th member lol he adopted baby bird and give him to be taken care under daddy-mommy bird's custody, so yeah once again #happykangtaday for ahn chil hyun ^^