CH01

54 Days

DAY 1

The boring, static days as a senior high school student are coming to an end, Dongwan thinks as he looks at the academic calendar paper his Mom had taped to the fridge. From the sheet, it tells that less than 3 months from today, Dongwan will say goodbye from Shinhwa High School forever. Dongwan has been waiting for this moment to come, knowing that graduation means his Mom wont spend alot of money only to pay for his tuition ever again, and another good part that comes from graduation means Dongwan can start to work full-time in Gapyeong Times, place where he has been working after school since he was in junior high school, sometimes as a freelance writer slash reporter slash photographer slash janitor. Eventhough the money he earns from doing all those hardworks isn’t that much, but at least he knows that he can learn about lot of things more than the school ever taught him. And Dongwan also prefer to hang out with older people, rather than to mingle with his schoolmates. And for that reason, his only friend are people who works in that place too.

After he gulps down the last piece of his cereal, Dongwan moves from his chair and cleans his plate. After make sure that all electricity is off, he exits from his small apartment with a long exhale. “Hang on a bit more, will you? Just 60 more days to go. ”

***

DAY 2

Minwoo really had no idea that his visit to the Principal's office after the lunchbreak was to talk about his recent score from the Mock Test their school held. And it isnt the talk that pissed Minwoo off, but it’s the part where Principal Yang gave him ultimatum that school will take over his position as Head of Prom Committee if Minwoo fail to upgrade his score for the last Mock Test which will happen within two weeks.

Minwoo knows, if prior to this day, there are already many third graders who are also getting their name called over the speaker and sent to Principal’s office due to the same cases. But Minwoo already got his College Acceptance Letter on the palm of his hands, a ticket where he (and his dance partner, Choong Jae or best known for the stage name of Justin) can go straight to this exclusive Dance Academy in Seoul,  a prize for winning one of the most prestigious Dance Competition this Nation ever had. So  from Minwoo’s opinion, what Principal Yang had said to him is really outrageous.

“ Those students are also your close friend, Minwoo-ssi. I’m sure that you will easily ask for their help to assist you in study together. After all, its only for the last Mock Test. You are a good and smart student, I do this just to reassure you that no students in Shinhwa High School look down upon our School Test just because they already have a place to go once they graduate. ” said Principal Yang before motioning Minwoo that the meeting is over and Minwoo is free to go.

Minwoo left the office and headed to the School Secretary’s desk who gave him list of Grade A Student from each class that, as what Principal Yang suggested to him, could help tutoring Minwoo as Minwoo from the beginning of this semester refused to take any extra classes at all.

Minwoo now look at the crumpled paper that is soaking in his own sweat to read names from these Grade A student list. There are Kangta, his own classmate from class of 3-2, Andy –which is Choongjae’s boyfriend– from class of 3-3 and also Hyori from class of 3-4. Only 1 name that Minwoo fails to acknowledge, which is Dongwan from class of 3-1.

“ Yeah, glad that these students are indeed my close friend. I will kill their asses if no one wants to help me getting  through this bull stuffs. ” Minwoo says while slams his car door, and leaves the school with a a bit of annoyance over this matter.