CH03

54 Days

DAY 7

Last night Minwoo already called Eric and they both agreed to meet up at the Bowling Alley near to Minwoo’s house. In between their play, Eric throws a question because Minwoo didnt tell him the reason of this invitation,

“ Judging from the way you talked on phone last night, sure you have something to say right now Minbong-ah? ”

The relationship between Eric and Minwoo is equivalent with the one CJ-Andy’s pairing has, minus the love part. Both get voted as Shinhwa High School’s Dynamic Duo. Being the Captain of their Basketball team, it was Eric who told his Coach about Minwoo’s great basketball skill despite the height.Glad that his Coach listened to what Eric said and gave Minwoo a chance to play once, and damn man Minwoo left the court with proud feelings after he definetely impressed everyone who saw the way he played. And eventhough Minwoo is living his life jumping from one social circle to another and Eric is the one who prefer to stay close with those who he feel comfort the most, both of them have the same understanding that they are not only bestfriend but reach to the point where they are also brothers even with no blood-relation.

“ You know  it’s been a week since Principal called me and asked me to find someone who can tutor me so I can show him better result to our next Mock Test, and thought it will be easy for me to find one because it all comes from familiar names but it turns out that everyone are too busy with their schedules. ”

“ Yeah, busy is basically everyone’s fixed middle name once we hit our senior year. It’s the time where we become ‘everyman for himself’. Cant help, with all the pressure to enter the top university and all. And to be honest, your score decreased because you also too busy with all the prom preparation right? ”

Minwoo shakes his head. “ Nope. I put the blame to the teacher. Most of them are the one who never teach me before. And to tell you the truth, the way they teach in front of the class is total . Or maybe, it's me who cant get along with their way of teaching. ” Minwoo stops for a moment to straighten his wrist and a sec after that the ball he throws success to take all the 10 pins down. “ And consider that I do whatever it takes to give you all the best Prom for our class, because no one wants to experience cringey prom like this school had last year. ”

Eric smirks. Remember if that was one of Minwoo’s promise when he ran the Student Body election which also be one of the reason why most people voted for him. “ So why you call me? Is there something I can help with that? ”

“ Heard your class got this smart student named Dongwan? Am I right? Because surprisingly,if what Principal Yang said its true, then it’s weird because why I never know this name before? ”

“ Ah, you want to ask about Dongwan? Yeap, he’s my classmate for the whole 3 years. Apparently he comes from the very rare species. A mixed betweeen a nerd and a weird. Of course you dont know him, bet half of the school population dont know about him too. Not our fault though, he shuts himself from the rest of the world. A quiet person who only talks when he answers the teacher’s question or when he shots countless number of question to the teacher. ”

“ You are with him for the whole 3 years? But why you never mention about him to me? ”

Eric shrugs his shoulder. “ What for? I have zero interest over weird people like him. ”

Minwoo face suddenly gets darken over Eric’s decription about Dongwan. “  You said he shut himself from the world? Do you exaggerated this part or you just telling me the truth? ”

“ The latter. ”

“ But my last option is left only him, so how can I reach out to him? ”

“ Offer him a BJ? ” Eric chuckles which makes Minwoo kicks his shin instantly.

“ Chillax, dude I’m just joking here. I get your point, sure I will help you to talk to Dongwan but under one condition.”

 “ . What do you want? ”

“ In exchange me trying to connect you to Dongwan, I want you to make sure that Steffie will going to prom with me. ”

Minwoo’s eyes widen with Eric’s word. “ What?! And tell me exactly how can I do that? ”

“ The same way like I will do to Dongwan, I talk to him to help tutoring you. And you do the talking part to Steffie. I can’t handle rejection, even worst if it comes from her. ”

Now they talk about Stefanie Jung, or Steffie, as they call the girl by the nickname. The prettiest girl that makes every man easily fall in love and every girl fall for jealousy. Pretty face with perfect body from head to toe. Steffie and Minwoo was the hottest couple the school had during the first year. But it all changed after Minwoo entered the Basketball Team, the one where Eric helped him in. That time Steffie already joined the Cheerleader Club too, so she was more than happy to know that with Minwoo on the team means they can spend their time together longer. That’s true though, because everytime Steffie done with her practice, she will rushed herself to the basketball court and stayed there until Minwoo finished with his. And so it became inevitable for Minwoo to sense that something was off on Eric’s face and behaviour everytime Steffie was there. And finally when they returned to school after a long holiday break, the whole class was shocked by the rumours of Minwoo and Steffie broke up for good, and the couple just casually nod their head when people asked about this matter. Since the day where Minwoo and Steffie had agreed to become a good friend instead of a couple,  Eric decided to step forward to approach Steffie now she’s no longer Minwoo’s girlfriend. But its been 2 years and Steffie only gives Eric a cold shoulder and dead stare in return everytime Eric shoves Steffie with affection. This, as Eric always assumes, happen because Steffie takes Minwoo’s feeling into her account so Steffie rejects Eric’s love for the sake of the things between their friendship.

“ Dude, are you sure the real reason why Steffie always reject your feeling partly because of me? Because from what I see all the time is that girl clearly hates you. ” Now it's Minwoo's turn to tease Eric.

“ you, . ” Eric drops the F-bomb to Minwoo. “ Only blind people who can’t see the mutual feeling that Steffie secretly has for me. That girl hides it so well  cuz she loves play hard to get. But I’m reaching my boiling point already so I want you to make sure that Steffie will say yes if I ask her to go to prom with me. ”

Minwoo throws his arm up in the air, give up. “ Okay fine. You give me Dongwan and I give you Steffie as a return. ”

“ Deal. ”

***