CH12

54 Days

DAY 23

 

Time hasn’t made sense since Minwoo met Dongwan; everything has happened so quickly, and it drives Minwoo crazy as he thinks about the better times they’ve had and Minwoo clearly has no idea how it shattered so fast, all because of him eventhough he still unsure of what mistakes he made till it pissed off Dongwan so bad like that.

Yesterday, after Dongwan shoved him out of Jung Hwan’s place, Minwoo parked his SUV across the street from the gashiwon building, set the distance to be far enough for him to secretly watch without Dongwan realized if he was under Minwoo’s surveillance.

While waited for Dongwan to left the building, memories from all the things he’d done together with Dongwan in the past 44 hours began to creep into Minwoo’s mind. From the moment when he picked Dongwan from work to the hotel, treated Dongwan with jacuzzi, enjoyed the balcony dinner and had ice cream before slept, woke up next to Dongwan the morning after, had a fun time when they were shopping and followed by having Dongwan on his kitchen. And Lord knows how everything felt so right for Minwoo when Dongwan was around. It all felt so natural, they way they worked together, effortless, and how they matched each other easily.

And dinnertime turned out to be amazing too with all the dishes Dongwan made for Minwoo’s family; Fish roe soup , Seafood stew, Soybean paste snail soup and Japchae, while Minwoo himself helped in grilling the barbecue and succesfully made Kimchijeon with the help from Dongwan.

Dongwan awed everyone with his cooking skill. They hummed once the taste of Dongwan’s dishes hit their tongue. Soon after that, Minwoo’s family threw a joke about Minwoo’s ability to cast a friend who are good in kitchen; although Minwoo’s sister quickly corrected the statement by saying that Steffie and CJ aren’t in the list.

The atmosphere that night was definitely good, both of Minwoo’s family and Dongwan had a great time, everyone laughed and had a nice conversation through the meals. Much to his relief, Minwoo believed that everything were all okay even when his family tried to get to know more about Dongwan by taking turn gave Dongwan few questions and Dongwan answered it all without any hint of hesitation at all. Minwoo’s decision to sit in the opposite side with Dongwan was happen to be right, because during dinner Minwoo occasionally glanced to see Dongwan and tried to read Dongwan’s mood. And everytime Minwoo saw a dimpled smile from Dongwan, the dimples that Minwoo has grown so fond of, deep as ever in both of Dongwan’s cheeks as Dongwan blended with his family so well, Minwoo felt nothing but enormously happy. That’s why time goes by so fast when Minwoo realized it was time to excuse themself for their next schedule, which was Kangta’s party. And when they were about to leave, his mom hugged and thanked Dongwan once again for the good meal, and reminded Minwoo to invite all 4 of them; Eric, Steffie, CJ and Andy, together with Dongwan too, for another dinner.

The sound of his sister’s voice together with a loud banging on his door, jerks Minwoo from thinking about Dongwan and back into reality. Lazily getting up from his bed, he walks and yanks his bedroom door open.

“ You’re up---- whoaa!! Little brother, what happen with you? Are you okay? ” Young Mi asks frantically.

“ What? Why? Do I look that bad? ”

“ Go see by yourself, Minwoo-ah. Are you sick? Or are you still having post-party hangover? ”

“ Just lack of sleep and huge stress, I guess. I have Finals, remember? ”

Young Mi puts her hand over Minwoo’s cheek and forehead, checking for the temperature. Her brow lowers in concern. “ Get some pills and let me call your school to inform if you are absent today. ”

Minwoo bats Young Mi’s hands off of his head. “ No, if I have the strength to wake up means I have the strength to attend my class. It’s okay, Noona. I’m just exhausted, that’s all. I’ll be better once I meet my friends. ”

“ Speaking of which, give me Dongwan’s number then. I wanna ask him to watch you just in case you’re getting worst in school. ”

At the mention of Dongwan’s name, all of the pain and heartache flashes across Minwoo’s face. “ No, you dont have to do that, I’m not a baby. ”

" Oh well yes you are forever a baby, Minwoo. Now where’s Dongwan’s number, I better save it if something happen. And if you dont give his number to me, I wont allow you to leave this room. ”

Minwoo hisses. “ Stop acting like you're Mom! ”

“ Geez, you know that I wont act like this if you dont look this terrible, Minwoo! ”

“ And tell me, why should I give you Dongwan’s number? You have Kangta’s contact in your phone, you can call him if you wanna check about my condition. ”

Young Mi stares into Minwoo’s eyes closely. “ Did you two get in a fight? Cuz your face giving me an impression about that. ”

Minwoo makes a mental note that his sister is a face and mind reader so he chooses not to argue with it. “ Yeah, you right. We’re having a fight. ”

“ Oh, ” Young Mi says and pauses for a beat. “ I’m sorry I dont mean to get harsh on you, Minwoo. And if you insist to go to school so you can fix your problem with him, then I can’t stop you. But call me if things get worst okay? I dont want you to sick. You hear me? ”

Minwoo nods weakly. He thanks his sister before Young Mi exits from his room, leaving him miserably alone.

 

*


    As a quiet person, it’s part of Dongwan’s mission to consistently fly under everyone’s radar for the whole 3 years he spend his time in highschool. Later it become his specialty to go unnoticed because that is what his routinity is all about, thus avoiding Minwoo is an easy job to do. But lunch time will be quite hard because Minwoo already know about Dongwan’s hidden place, so by the time the bell for lunch ringing, Dongwan quickly grabs his bag and practically bolts to the door. He thought it was easy to exit from class but that’s before Eric stands up from his chair and also takes a step toward the door,bit faster than Dongwan with intention to prevent Dongwan from leaving class.

“ Get out of my way. ” Dongwan’s voice clear and sharp.

“ Nope, that’s not really how it should be. Back to your chair. ” Eric’s tall frame blocks any movement from Dongwan.

“ What do you want Eric? ” Dongwan takes a few step back away from Eric.

“ Let’s sit and  have a conversation like a man. ” Eric says, still standing against the doorway only shifts his body a little to give space for other students to pass and with his head he is gesturing Dongwan to sit.

“ No, it’s lunch time. I need to—“ Dongwan pushes Eric’s chest but then Eric raises his arm and grips Dongwan’s shoulder tight to stop him from escape.

“ Need to what? Hide from Minwoo? ” Eric cuts Dongwan’s off. “ You dont have to worry, he wont chase you here. At least not right now, since he is busy with the Prom Preparation meeting with the teacher. ”

“ First, I dont care with him, and second, there’s nothing we need to talk about so move your and let me out. ” Dongwan jerks his shoulder out of Eric’s strong grip, but his action only makes Eric more aggresive as he is now using his force to push Dongwan back to sit to the nearest chair behind him.

“ So much for lying, huh? Dont you realize if you already fall for him? Heck, no one can escape from Minwoo’s charm actually, but it surprises me that his appeal even works to you as well. ” Eric mumbles, as if he talks to himself.

“ What kind of crap that you talk about Eric? ”.

Eric looks up to see Dongwan. “ Well, I talk about the moment where you two kissed each other passionately. Which is hot. A very hot one, I gotta admit. ”

“ That’s supposed to be part of the game, right? And we’re both drunk, hell we were all drunk that night! ” Dongwan yells,  there’s irritation in his words.

“ Drunk or not, bet you enjoyed it right? ” Eric chuckles.

“ Is this really your concept about having a conversation like a man, Eric? By attacking me like this? ”

“ Okay, sorry for mocking you. ” Eric’s tone is now serious, and so with his face. “ Here, you got to listen. Minwoo is my best friend. And you happen to be my classmate. You two can fight or make out, I dont care. But just dont involve me in whatever relationship you two had by putting me in between. ”

“ You dont have to worry about that, Eric. Nothing will gonna happen between me and Minwoo. I hope you’re done with conversation because I am. ”

“ One more thing before you leave. Which is, I gotta say thank you for the Prom dare you threw for Steffie. I know that Minwoo will never dissapoint me and always keep his words, but what I dont know is that he put you as well, though I dont know whose idea is that, but it doesn’t matter right? I get what I want and you both too. See? This only prove if you and Minwoo could really make a great team as long as you two  don't fight with each other. Just saying.  ” Eric shrugs his shoulder.

“ I really dont get to any single thing you said, Eric. What is it? ”

“ What? Was that an impromptu? Not part of Minwoo’s plan so I can get Steffie in exchange for my assist in making you as his tutor? ”

Dongwan’s body tenses with things that Eric just stated. He really wants to throw a punch right to Eric’s smug face but he knows doing that will just put him into another trouble and getting punishment from school when it’s near the Finals and Graduation is not a wise move, so he just clenches his fist to keep his temper. “ Exchange? Me? Steffie? Did you two made us as a bet? ”

“ No, of course isn’t a bet. More like  a deal. ”

Dongwan stands up from the chair abruptly, he lifts his head so his eyes is on same level with Eric’s. “ I wonder what will Steffie say if she find out that you two scheming about this behind her. ”

“ Guess she wont find out, ” Eric stops midsentences to see the look on Dongwan’s eyes. When Eric senses that Dongwan’s word is containing a hint of threat, he sternly says, “ Stay in your lane, Dongwan. I warn you. ”

“ Try me and see what  I can do. You should know that you are not the only person who has ill-intention in this world, Eric. ” Dongwan challenges.

“ What? No, you Dongwan. Dont say that you really meant it when you dare Steffie about the prom. So you like her? Oh c’mon dude, wake up and see yourself! You stand no chance. At all. ”

“ Last thing I know she’s not belong to anyone. And sure a ing bastard like you dont deserve to get her either. ”

The angry in Dongwan’s tone dawned on Eric as he tries to put things together. “ So  is this the reason why you are getting mad at Minwoo? Because you have a crush with his ex? And he ruined your big in’ plan? Now I wonder what will Minwoo react if he know about this. ”

“ Shut your mouth, Eric. ”

“ And learn to shut yours too. ”

When Dongwan says nothing, Eric continues, “ I still have your dirty secret about Jung Hwan, okay? Now add another secret about your feelings to Steffie. So lets not make everything more complicated. Because if something happen, the big loss is clearly on your side, Dongwan.  So stay away from Steffie and  stop acting childish by hiding yourself from Minwoo. Told you, it will safe your time. ” And without waiting any respond from Dongwan, Eric then turns to walk away and leaves the classroom.

 

 

       After the friction with Eric, Dongwan decided to just stay inside the class and relieved to know  that what Eric said about Minwoo been busy with the Prom-thingy is quite true because until the dismissal bell stops ringing, there’s no sign of Minwoo coming over to search him. And to be honest, this is not what Dongwan expected at first when he dragged his feet to school today, as he imagined that Minwoo would storm in front of him in any minute. So it’s quite disappointing for Dongwan though he stubbornly pushing down the feeling as soon as it starting to echo through his heart, and keep on saying that this is exactly what he wants, as he doesn’t want to see Minwoo’s face anymore now that Dongwan already know the reason why Minwoo ganged up with Eric, only giving another aching pain on his heart.

Thinking that Minwoo wont appear, Dongwan then turns his phone on and surprises to know that there is only one single new text from Minwoo and Dongwan quickly opens it.

“ What the , he can’t be serious... ” Dongwan’s eyes grow wider as his phone finished loading the photo of his bike which is now already at the back side of Minwoo’s SUV. Dongwan rushes to the location of where Minwoo parks his car.

In the other place Minwoo is become anxious as he waits for the provider to give him a delivery report status, and once he received it, he make himself fully anticipates for Dongwan to come. He leans against his car but become alert when he sees Dongwan is coming forward with an obvious anger draws on his face.

“ Hey, Dongwan, ” Minwoo greets Dongwan casually, as if there’s nothing happen between them.

“ What are you doing with my bike? How can you put it in your car? Did you break the chain?! ” Dongwan asks, not looking at Minwoo instead more to the car.

“ We need to talk, Wan. So please, just let me drive you home. ”

Dongwan stifles a snort. “ Seriously, what makes you think that I will gladly take that offer? ”

“ Dongwan, please dont do this to me. ” Minwoo begs, the frustration from his voice is impossible to miss.

“ And exactly what did I do to you? ”

“ You are avoiding me. ”

“ That’s ridiculous. How can you say I’m avoiding you when we’re not even running to each other for the whole day? ”

“ So if you’re not, then get inside my car and let’s just head home! ”

That is where Dongwan braces himself to stare at Minwoo directly, and he notices Minwoo’s face more pale than usual along with the dark circles under Minwoo’s swollen eyes. Misery lodges in Minwoo, it’s prominent for Dongwan. And his heart hurts to see Minwoo like that, but then again Dongwan back to his senses as he thinks that sleazy bastard like Minwoo doesn’t deserve to get any sympathy.

Dongwan turns his head to see that there are still so many people around them and if he cause a scene right now, it will only draws people’s attention to him. In such a brief moment to make decision, Dongwan then opens his mouth to say, “ Drop me at the train station. ”

Minwoo gapes at Dongwan’s answers, but quickly moves to open the passenger door for Dongwan but backs away when Dongwan glares at him. He almost says something to Dongwan, but decides not to. Afraid if Dongwan will change his mind and so he just get inside the car and starts the car.

On their way to Seoul Train Station, Dongwan stay quiet and just staring out the window, ignores Minwoo. But it doesn’t stop Minwoo who fills up the car with his attempt in making a conversation try to get Dongwan’s attention.

“ D, did Eric told you if I’ve been asking about you through him? I couldn’t go to your class as I stuck inside the Meeting Room to discuss about the prom with all the members of Student Body, heck we couldn’t even leave for lunch and your phone seems to be off all day because it’s still the same voicemail who takes my call. ” Minwoo clears his throat. “ Uhm, Wan? It may sounds weird, but I, I miss you. So much. I keep thinking about you during the meeting.  Aaargh, I fought the fever just so I can see you today since you were absent yesterday, but it turns out that it was me who busy as hell. ” Minwoo sighes. He eyeing Dongwan who stay still in his seat, hasn’t said a word, giving no attention to Minwoo at all. And so Minwoo stops talking. Thinking so hard  about what to say to angry Dongwan, and after 15 minutes straight driving in total silent, Minwoo croaks, “Did you meet CJ today, Wan? ” And of course, Dongwan turns a deaf ear.

“ About yesterday, uhm, I lost my sanity the moment CJ told me if he asked a cab to take you home. Knowing you were probably drunk or sick that night, it’s so wrong for CJ to do that. And just that I flew out to make sure you were all okay. And I swear that I didn’t mean to tatletale to your Mom when I called her, I’m so sorry, Wan. ”

A red light stops the car, Minwoo uses this chance to change his sitting position sideways so he can face Dongwan. “ Please say something, Wan. This silent treatment is killing me. ” Minwoo reaching out his hand to touch Dongwan’s thighs, this action earns a reaction from Dongwan who harshly shoves Minwoo’s hand.

“ Get your in’ hands off. ” Dongwan cusses.

This startles Minwoo as his expression darken. And right after he sees the green light, with knuckles grips the steering wheel, Minwoo steers the car to the opposite direction from the train station.

“ Where the hell are you heading? ” Dongwan barks. His eyes go wide in horror when Minwoo clearly changes the lanes and heads to unknown, less crowded area, and Minwoo just keep driving fast like a maniac and when he sees there’s an abandoned building , he maneuvers the car toward the building and stops only after measures no one will spot them in this dark, empty basement.

“ Get me out of the car, right now. ” Dongwan already unbuckle himself from his seat.

Minwoo does the same with his seat belt as he says, “ No, Wan. Told you we need to talk and you clearly avoiding me and I need a reason why you treating me like this. ”

“ Get me out, or I----”

“ What will you do, Wan? Break the window with your fist? Why dont you just punch me if that could satisfy you? Go ahead, Wan just do it. You know what, even if you beat me to death, the pain will be nothing than this! ”

Dongwan ignores the pain that slide accross from Minwoo’s face and the way he sounds just now. He himself feels the same pain, which caused by Minwoo, so let this be the time when they hurts each other and its even.

Using his force Dongwan extends his arm, in attempt to reach the button panel so he can unlock the car, but Minwoo pushes him back against the door. Dongwan’s head hits the window with a thump, and before Dongwan could register the shock he has in his head, in a flash, without any warning  Minwoo marches his body closer , pins Dongwan to the seat, dangerously so close and next thing Dongwan knows that Minwoo is kissing him. Hard. Rough. It’s a forceful one-sided kiss.

In fright, Dongwan tries to back away from Minwoo but it impossible when Minwoo doesn’t give him any gap to move his body so practically Dongwan traps inside the car, with Minwoo on top of him. Just like a beast the way Minwoo kisses Dongwan lustfully, the force of Minwoo’s mouth almost painful and when Minwoo’s tongue tries to push through Dongwan’s lips, using every ounce of his strength Dongwan refuses to let Minwoo get access to do that.

As frustrated and flustered become one, Minwoo eases his head back slightly. “ You’ve been nothing but lovely with me that day, Wan. Why now you are avoiding me? What the hell happen with you? ”

Dongwan whimpers due to the strong pressure when Minwoo’s hand flats on his stomach, clearly touching Dongwan’s abs over the fabric. Dongwan forces his lungs to breath without opening his mouth, because he knows Minwoo will slams his tongue inside once he sees the chance to do it. His hand still try to push Minwoo’s chest but Minwoo happen to be stronger than him.

 “ Talk to me, Wan. What did I do that upset you, tell me so I can fix it up for you! ” Minwoo begs. His face is inches from Dongwan. They are nose to nose. Chest to Chest. Dongwan can evel feel the hot breath of Minwoo on his face.

Dongwan scoffs with a disbelief look, “ What did you do wrong? Okay so next time, before you make a decision to be such a manipulative bastard, you should know that it’s a fool to think you can trick everyone and play them like a puppet. So get lost. There’s nothing you can fix because I’m done with you. ”

Minwoo pulls back from Dongwan, but hand still grips Dongwan’s arms tight. “ What? No! Take that words back, Wan. You can’t say that because there’s no end in our friendship! ”

“ There’s no such a thing like friendship, Minwoo. ” Dongwan lets an evil laugh now that there's a space between him and Minwoo. “ Like what you said, the things between us it’s all pure bussiness, started with that and it ended with that. If you think all this time I’m being all nice over you, then congrats because you’ve been deceived by me. ”

“ I dont know what makes you accuse me as a manipulative bastard but I’m telling you the truth that my feelings for you is all real. I’m falling for you, Wan. And I believe you actually fully aware with that and you too feel the same way but you deny that. ”

" What feelings? "

" I love you and you love me. "

" I dont give a damn if you are gay but dont drag me in this bull. "

" You are lying, Wan. I know you are. "

“ Quit playing with your ing ego, will you? You are so full of yourself you start to think that you can make every person fall for you and you just can’t accept rejection. Listen carefully, I’m not gay and the only feeling I have left for you is just hatred. So get the hell out of me. ”

“ Then explain to me why you’re getting hard right now? You try to reject my kiss but you know your body can’t lie. You say you hate me? Fine! But that bulge in your pants say the otherwise. ”

And that shuts Dongwan completely off. He actually doesn’t realize about his own arousal. He turns his head to hide his embarrasment but Minwoo tips his chin up.

“ Dongwan, I’m sorry. “ his tone softens. “ I dont mean to harrass you like that, but I’m missing you so bad and I dont want to fight like this. And isn’t about me being gay because if that’s the case, then why it happens after I met you? ”

“ Enough, Minwoo, just stop it please. ” Dongwan’s voice is full of desperation.

“ Then forgive me! Dongwan, I’m begging you. We can talk it out. We can start it all over again. No pretending about the feelings, no avoiding each other, please Wan. Give me chance. ”

“ Things will only get worst if you let this conversation continue. So please, just let me get my bike and let me go. ”

“ But you miss your train already, Wan. No, let me drive you home. ”

“ Minwoo, no. ” Dongwan says through gritted teeth. “ I dont want you to drive me, I just need you to leave me alone for a moment. Can you? ”

Give up, Minwoo lets out a heavy breath as he presses the button twice; for the door on Dongwan’s side and his trunk. Minwoo just stay on his seat, motionless, when Dongwan exits from his car and grabs his bike. He jolts when he hears Dongwan gently taps his window, “ I really meant it when I said you need to leave me for a moment. So stop calling me or texting me. And dont try to find me in my class or come to the school shed during lunch. ”

“ Until when, Dongwan? ” Minwoo’s voice is shaky as he try hard to control his emotion so he wont break down again.

Dongwan shakes his head. “ I dont know. But if you love me, then the least I can ask is for you to respect my will. ” is all what Dongwan can says.

From the rearview mirror Minwoo stares as Dongwan guides his bike away from him. And before Dongwan takes turn and out of earshot, Minwoo says, half shouting, " Dont try to break my heart or else you may end up break yours first, Wan. "

And there's no way for Dongwan not to hear that.

***

 

 

 

 

-- i ditched the story for a while but woodong day got me back, and damn why i have to write woodong fight to each other in this lovely day? my fault, i know. anyway HappyWooDongDay ~<3