CH11

54 Days

DAY 21 ..... A Flashback

 

     Sunday morning Minwoo woke up first before Dongwan.  It’s still early, only seven in the morning, so Minwoo wasn’t in a hurry to hop right out of the bed soon. He positioned himself so he could facing Dongwan who still deep in his slumber-state, Minwoo used the opportunity to take in how serene Dongwan looked in his sleep.

“ Damn, it’s clearly not make any sense that I even love to hear the sound of you snoring, Dongwan. ” Minwoo talked alone, enjoying what he saw while carefully brushed Dongwan’s hair from the forehead. He stopped when he heard the sound of his phone vibrated and reached the bedside table to grab it.

“ Hey Mom, Good Morning. .....  No, you’re not, I just woke up 5 mins ago, what is it Mom? .... Shopping? ..... Ah yes forget that today he's coming. .... Ah, okay Mom. Just give me the list and I’ll go. And Mom? Mind if I bring Dongwan too? ..... Yeah, we ended up sleep in Tony Hyung’s place. ... Okay, it’s settled then. Okay, Mom. ... Yeah, love you too. ”

After untangling himself from the blanket, Minwoo then  climbed off the bed cautiously so he didn’t wake Dongwan up. Headed  straight to the bathroom with a towel, Minwoo turned the shower on. When he got out, Minwoo found that Dongwan still not flinched from the same exact position  so he  made his way to the kitchen and the coffeepot. After several minutes, Minwoo heard the footsteps of Dongwan walked to the kitchen.               

" Hey, "

Minwoo glanced back over his shoulder and smile spreaded across his face soon as his eyes met Dongwan’s. " Mornin', Good-Lookin'. How'd sleep? Thought I need to send a breakfast in bed to wake you up. "

Dongwan yawned and wiped the sleep from his eyes." Good Morning too. Why you let me overslept like that, Minwoo-ah? I can help you to prepare some breakfast. "

" You're cute when you're asleep, Wan. That's why I dont have a heart to wake you. But it's okay, I already make us a coffee. ” Minwoo said, stood by the kitchen counter and motioned Dongwan to take a seat. “ And isn’t that there are alot to prepare when the only breakfast menu available is just this cereal and this milk. No eggs, no breads just nothing. So, want me to order something for you? "

" Nope thanks, cereal is enough. " Dongwan said, and fixed himself a cereal.

Minwoo watched Dongwan intently while took a slow sip of his coffee. He waited until Dongwan ate the cereal before told him about today's plan. " Um, Dongwannie? "

" Yes? "

" My mom called and told me if today my hyung will come with his wife and his baby too. And I told her if we are together and Mom is inviting you to come too. So what’d you say? "

Being with Minwoo, Dongwan learn to get used to hear about Minwoo’s flirtatious remarks and his habit in doing skinship.  Although sometimes it catches him off guard, makes his face blushing or feel a bit hotter, but the other times he chooses to just laugh it off.  This time, Dongwan tried to keep his face expressionless when Minwoo said "we are together". The phrase had double meaning and Dongwan forced himself to stay positive with it.

" I mean, if you vacant and dont have to go home so soon. ” Minwoo added. “ Better for you to come with me because we still have to attend Kangta’s party afterward. "

" But it’s your family gathering, Minwoo. I dont think it’s okay for me to interupt. "

" No it’s really okay. Isn’t that formal. It's just once in a month dinner things. We visit each other every month and today it's my hyung's turn. So it’s really no biggie if you come. So, pleaseee? " Minwoo pleaded.

" Okay, okay tell your mom I'll come over. Happy? " Dongwan gave up eventually, always powerless in front of Minwoo’s pleading puppy-dog face expression.

" Yeaaay. And uhm well, I guess it’s time for me to reveal the hidden truth from you Wan." Minwoo looked up at Dongwan and winked.

Dongwan's brow furrows at mischievous look from Minwoo.

" So actually the real reason mom called is to send me out for errand with an endless shopping list. And ugh there's no way I could do that alone so I need a volunteer to help me buy all of the things on that list. Hehehe Gotcha! "

" Ey what an evil! ”

" But you already said you'll come, so you can't take back that word Wannie-ah. "

" Tsk, "

" We'll check out after you done showering okay? "

Dongwan nodded. " Yeah sure. Let me finish my cereal. And while we are there, you got to prepare your money to buy me extra food because shopping requires an extra energy. "

Minwoo smirked. " Anything for you, Wannie~ "

 

    Minwoo and Dongwan drove straight to Minwoo’s house after they finished with the grocery shopping, They arrived just before a lunch time, and still no sign of Minwoo’s big brother’s car when Minwoo parked his SUV.

They climbed out of car and Dongwan walked up the steps from the sidewalk while Minwoo still busy taking out the groceries from the car trunk. When Dongwan stood still on the front porch, Minwoo cued Dongwan to just turn the door knob open as his hands full with the shopping bags.

“ Mom, Dad? I’m home! ” Minwoo shouted when entering the house. As they walked inside, his father appeared and went to give light hug for Dongwan before released himself and carried some shopping bags from Minwoo.

“ Good afternoon, abeonim. ”

“ Good afternoon, son. " Minwoo's Dad greeted jovially. " Thanks for helping Minwoo in doing this grocery shopping, though I also apologize for any inconveniences that he may give to you.  ”

“ It’s okay, Dad. I swear to myself that I wont be pain in the to him. ”

“ Languange, son. ” Minwoo’s Dad warned his son.

“ Sorry, Dad. ”

They stopped at kitchen where they were greeted by huge smile from Minwoo’s mom who pulled Dongwan to her arm. “ Dongwan, my son! It’s been a while since your last visit, isn’t it? How are you? Well, seeing you again makes me so happy. Just wait until my eldest son arrive and today will be complete. And oh, thank you so much for helping Minwoo in his school. You are truly a sweetheart, son. ”

Dongwan only bowed as a respond, worried if anyone could see his blushed face. To distract himself, Dongwan helped Minwoo's dad set all the groceries down on the kitchen table.

“ Mom, ” Minwoo called and brought his Mom’s attention back to him. “ Promise you wont be jump over Dongwan if I tell you another good news? ” Minwoo said in a cherry voice.

“ What is it, Minwoo? ”

“ The reason why Dongwan is here, not only he volunteered to help me buy all of this groceries but he said he want to cook for today’s meal too. ”

“ Oh, really? ” Minwoo’s mom beamed at this and gave Dongwan’s hand a squeeze. And she turned to see Minwoo and gave his son a glaring eyes. “ Then you gotta do all the dishes, son. ”

“ No! ” Minwoo whined. “ The plan for today is Dongwan will be the Main Chef, I am the helper, and let Noona work for the dishes once we are all done. Where is she anyway? ”

" She’s upstairs. Well, but sure Dongwan will cook for today’s meal? Minwoo! You should treat Dongwan as a guest why you allow him to do that, you such a bad friend. ”

“ Mom, I need to see Dongwan cook so I can take notes from him. Trust me, today will be beneficial for me to start learning how to cook. Mom always wish about it, dont you? ”

“ So is that means that my presence here no longer needed? ”

Both Minwoo and Dongwan nodded. “ Mom and Dad can prepare the house and have some rest. ”

Minwoo’s mom patted Dongwan’s arm. “ Dongwan, my son. You know that you dont have to do this right? But if you insist to help, then it will be my pleasure to have you here. ”

“ It’s okay, ommonim. Me and Minwoo will take over the kitchen. ”

“ Then I’ll leave it up to both of you. Just call me in case Minwoo start giving you headache, okay son? ”

Once again Dongwan only nodded as a respond.

After Minwoo’s parent out of their eyesight, Minwoo slung his arm around Dongwan’s shoulders, hand touched Dongwan’s neck and leaned closer to Dongwan’s ear. “ So, chef? What shall we do next? ”

“ Um, ” Dongwan twisted his body away from Minwoo and looked around the kitchen before his eyes darted to the clock hanging on the wall. His brain then quickly made an estimation to prepare the dishes so it could match with the dinner time.

“ Let’s organize all the ingredients and prep it all down. And once it done, you can start washing the ingredients. But Minwoo-ah? ”

“ What? ”

“ Just a friendly warning, I can be super annoying and bossy I hope you dont mind with it, okay? ”

“ Shiit, Wan. You already annoying ever since we were on the grocery store. But a friendly reminder for you too  that I’m immune with your annoying-self as long as I can see your dimples. So it’s fine. Now, turn around and let me get you this apron. ”

When Dongwan obediently turned around, Minwoo scooted closer and slid his hands around Dongwan’s waist to tie the apron strings. “ All ready and let’s get it started, Chef. ” 

 

 

      " You told them, didnt you? "

They were standing side by side, been silent for a while, busy with their own duties in preparing the dishes before Dongwan snorted the question out of his mind.

" What? " Minwoo narrowed his eyes.

" You told your parent about me. I mean, about my childhood story. Because that's not how your parent treated me last time I was here. "

Minwoo dropped the mushroom from his hand and tilted his head to see Dongwan. " You hate it if my parent treat you like their own son? "

" No, isn’t that. I, I’m cool with that. Happy with that and appreciate the warm gesture. But it just that I hate if people pitying on me."

" No! They aren’t doing that because of pitying on you, Wan-ah. They treat you like their own son because it's been their lifetime dream to find any handsome, smart, lovely, talented, polite son that they can adopt to replace me.. "

Dongwan elbowed Minwoo for that answer. As a respond, Minwoo pulled Dongwan’s hand and gripped it tightly. " The last part is a joke, but I mean it when I said that they really love you to the extend they start treating you like that. And no, I didn’t expose your story, that solely secret between us. But I know how my parent always welcome every friend that come to this house with a big heart. They thought those must be my best bestfriends. Like Steffie, Eric, CJ and Andy. My parent treats them all like family because little did it’s true, they are my non-related by blood family. So when you came here, I warned them that the thing between us was pure bussiness not about making friendship cuz I’m afraid if they grow fond of you or make you feel uncomfortable.

On the day when you finally accepted me as your friend, I went home and only told them about that part. So that’s why they are behaving like that just now. Because it’s about the damn time for them to meet their 7th son. " Minwoo said firmly.

Dongwan could feel the tears were about to leak, so before it pushed their way to the surface, Dongwan pulled back his hand from Minwoo's grip and pretended to cough so he could shed the water from his eyes.

" Wan, are you okay? " Minwoo grabbed the tissue and passed it to Dongwan.

" I'm okay, it just the onion. " Dongwan sniffed while glanced down at the cutting board in front of him.

" Oh okay. " Minwoo sighed in relieve. " So are we good? You're not mad at me right? "

" Yeah. We're good. "

" Okay, you want me to help you with the onion? Here, let me do it since I'm done with this mushroom. You see that my eye is small so I wont cry like an ocean when I chop it. " Minwoo took the knife from Dongwan's hand and started to chop the rest of the onion. 

" Uhm, Thanks, " Dongwan muttered.

" No biggie, Wan. It's anything for you, right? "

***

 

 

p.s = HAPPY 25 Oct to All Shinhwa Changjo ~~ Happy 20th Anniversary ~~ As a fandom, you guys are awesome, jinjja, so many shcj-writers/authors that full of talent in writing Shinhwa fanfic I start to believe it all real lol. In the past I used to hate reading fanfics (and never liked it, and so only 2-3 times read fanfics out of curiosity, dont wanna tell you which couplesfandoms) because imo it's silly and crazy, I mean, why you make those idols GAY when its clearly just a bromanceship and skinship it's part of their fanservice, etc etc, but it all change when i enter this orangehole, because how every stories that i read feel so real, like it's really happening, bcz shinchangs really know so well abt oppadeul's character, so everytime i read shinhwa fanfic i always smitten, squirming, smiling so wide, laughing like crazy, crying ocean, and that's because of shinchangs, once again, is such an amazing fandom. So, yeap cheers for today !!! Shinhwa Changjo mansae !! <3