CH13

54 Days

DAY 25

 

“ Hey, Andy-ah. I don't remember asking you about gathering the troops, so why you tag along CJ and Eric with you? ”

After class is over, four of them happen to meet at their school basketball court. Minwoo who still helpless about his situation with Dongwan called Andy for a meet up to ask for some advice but it turns out that not only Andy who complied, but there’s Eric and CJ too although the two of them busy with their 1on1 game, while Andy and Minwoo sits down hard on the bleachers.

“ Ah, I’m sorry Hyung. I'm without vehicle as I left my car at OfficeDH to get the engine repaired. So I need CJ to give me a ride and I asked him to wait for me. And about why Eric hyung is here, hmmm.. I don't know. But probably because CJ still feel a bit awkward with you so maybe he ask Eric hyung to come. But, do you have problem with Eric hyung? ”

“ He got mad when I asked him about Dongwan, said it wasn't his goddamn bussiness. Aish! How can he be so heartless like that when he’s the only one who I can ask for help? ”

“ Wait, you and Dongwan hyung still not in a good term? ”

Sighing, Minwoo nods. “ Yes Andyyyy. Since that night in Kangta's house, Dongwan still giving me silent treatment. Andy-ah tell me what should I do? ”

“ But hyung, why are you so troubled with Dongwan hyung mad at you? You said that you only need him for Mock Test, and it's over, and you got better score. So, I thought you no longer need him anymore? ”

 “ No you are wrong. Is not exactly like that Andy. Yeah, maybe at the beginning that’s my original plan. But, it just that, the things between us turns out to be complicated and, I-- ” Minwoo stops mid-sentence. Andy gives Minwoo a look that coerces him to continue. “ I can’t bear the thought if he hates me! It’s killing me! ”

“ Do you know exactly what is the reason he mad at you, Hyung? ”

Minwoo shakes his head. “ I, I don't know. He never tell me why. When I asked, he just snapped at me. ”

“ Hmm,,, ” Andy brushes his chin. “ Let me proceed this. First, hyung still clueless of why Dongwan hyung mad at you. Second, until today he still don't want to talk to you. And to make it worst, even Eric hyung give you no help as well. So now, what do you think that I can do for you, hyung? ”

 “ Andy-ah, ”

“ Yes, hyung? ”

“ How do you know if CJ is the one for you? ”

Andy looks taken aback with the sudden question that seems out of the blue. “ Why you suddenly ask about that, Hyung? ”

“ No, I just wanna hear your story with CJ. Because as you can see, talking about Dongwan when I’m still clueless with everything that is going on is not helpful too. ”

“ Ah... So, what is your question once again, hyung? ”

“ How do you sort out your feelings about CJ and believe that he’s the one for you? ”

“ To be honest, if hyung ask me about that then I’m not so sure of what to answer. But it’s been more than 3 years and we're still great. We’re both happy, so I guess isn’t a wrong decision to be in this relationship with him. ”

“ But what happen with your love story before you met CJ? ”

“ I didn’t have much time to think about love, hyung. What do you expect from a middle schooler? ” Andy chuckles.  “ And not only that, but dark thought also consumed me for most of the time and suicide was the only thing I could think about. I survived because of Granny. And then I met CJ that night and when you multiply negatives you’ll get positive so that’s it I guess. Misery sure loves company, right? ”

When you multiply negatives, you’ll get positives. Minwoo understand what Andy means. Andy had problem with his suicidal thought in the past and CJ grew up with his Panic disorder. One day there was 1 female student in CJ’s school got ual attack by a stranger after school and accused CJ just because CJ’s face had a similarity with the attacker. got pretty bad when cops came and took CJ to the police station, and that triggered the panic attack. The cops then ushered CJ to hospital, in the same time when Andy went to the ICU after he gulped down the entire bottle of aspirin with soju. Later on, CJ and Andy met for the first time after the doctor referred them to get treatment under the supervision of the same psychiatrist.

“ But CJ was already a playboy back then right? ”

“ Yeah, who can’t resist a handsome man like him? Even without he told me the number of his exes, I already know he must be a Lady Killer in his school. ”

When Minwoo gives no respond, Andy flicks his eyes sideways and gives a dubious look. “ But hyung, are you sure this really got nothing to do with Dongwan hyung? I mean, you are looking so awful right now. And eventhough I don't know how can I help you, but at least I’m here to listen to your problem. And not the other way around. ”

up all of the emotions, Minwoo faintly says, “ I understand if CJ who used to be straight, even a player, suddenly fell in love with you after that unfortunate event when he got falsely accused by that girl. And I also understand if you, who never fall in love before, happened to fall in love for the first time when you met CJ. But is that even possible if I suddenly feel the same way with Dongwan? Out of reason? ”

Andy just blinks his eyes several times due to the complete shell-shock after hearing the words that comes from Minwoo’s mouth. “ You don't say, hyung. ”

“ I know. Crazy right? Who would have thought that of all people, it’s me and it’s him. ” Dark clouds hungs all over Minwoo’s face.

“ You sure about this, hyung? " Andy asks, more like interrogating Minwoo.

" For the past 3 years you know me, have you ever see me like this? You said it by yourself that I look awful. And all I can say, I become like this because of him. "

" About your feelings, is this because of the kiss, hyung? "

“ Which kiss? ”

“ Of course the Drinking Games's kiss. But, oh! ” Andy gasps. “ Was there any second kiss? ” The look on Minwoo’s face is too evident makes Andy’s head falls to the back. “ When was it? ”

“ 2 days ago? Well, he was like avoiding me so I took his bike as a bait and sure Dongwan came to get his bike back but I forced him to get in my car and eventually he agreed and let me to drive him. But during the driving to the train station, I lost my temper and I stopped at some random place. And when Dongwan tried to get out of the car, without thinking I just slammed his head and kissed him. ”

Andy’s mouth forms a perfect O shape. He turns his head, straight to the field and shouts to both CJ and Eric. “ Yah!! Hyung!! Listen!! Minwoo hyung kissed Dongwan hyung for the second time!!! In his car!!! ”

Minwoo covers Andy’s mouth with his palm. “ The , Andy! No need to shout it out like that! What happen if someone hear it?! ”

“ It’s okay, hyung. No one around here right now. " Andy bats Minwoo's hand from his face. " But seriously, how could you do that hyung?! And why???? Oh man, think you’re ed up hyung. A big one. ”

“ I know! " Minwoo shrieks. " That’s why I’m asking for your help! ” 

CJ and Eric stops their game and walks to the bleachers.

“ What is it? Who kissed who? ”

Andy points his finger to Minwoo. “ Minwoo hyung kissed Dongwan hyung in his car and now he believe if he already fall in love with Dongwan hyung. ” Andy tells them about the news.

“ What the ... ” Both CJ and Eric curses. And then Eric adds, “ You've got to be ing kidding me.. ”

“ Since when? ” CJ asks.

“ Since when, what? ” Minwoo asks back.

“ This gay thing over Dongwan? ”

“ Don’t label me that yet, brat. ”

“ But seriously, since when? ” CJ prompts impatiently.

“ Hell, I don't know! All I know is that I’m happy whenever I’m with him, his dimples drives me crazy, and I can’t even function now that he no longer talks to me. ”

“ Wow. ” Eric cringes at that statement from Minwoo.

“ Is this suppose to be a meetups among boys only or you guys really not invite me over? ”

All of them whips around their heads to the source of the voice who suddenly coming from behind.

“ Stef!!! ” Eric calls, arms wide open ready to hug Steffie but Steffie just walks past him. Being indifferent again.  

“ What are you guys talking about? ” Steffie asks while plops down beside Andy.

“ Someone needs love counsellor! ” Andy chimes.

“ Who? ” Steffie looks at Andy who looks at Minwoo. “ Minwoo? Wait, I thought I asked you before about seeing someone but you said no. So, who’s the girl? ”

“ What girl? ” Andy looks confused.

“ The one that Minwoo fall in love with? Cuz I saw him being all smitten and moonstruck while he was looking on his phone. ”

“ There is no girl in here, Steff. It’s Dongwan that we are talking about just now. ” CJ explains.

And then Steffie gapes. Pupils dilates as if she’s just looking at ghost. “ You've got to be ing kidding me! ”

“ That’s it! ” Eric clasps his hand to his chest. “ Our thoughts are just the same cuz that's exactly what I said to him! Wow, Steff. Guess right now isn’t just our heart who works in perfect sync but our mind too . "

Steffie instantly glares at Eric as a sign for Eric to shut up. And she turns to look at Minwoo again. " Are you being serious, Minwoo? "

" I think Minwoo hyung is dead serious. " Andy volunteers to answer on behalf of Minwoo as Minwoo says nothing.

" Ya, " Steffie points her finger at CJ. " This is your fault. You make him like this. "

" Wait, what?! How come it's all my fault? "

" You made Minwoo kissed Dongwan. "

" What? " CJ aghast at the accusation. " Hey! A single stupid kiss wouldn't make someone gay in a night! "

" CJ is right. Even without the games, I can just kiss Dongwan and blame my drunken state for doing that. "

Steffie snorts when CJ gives her that " I told you so " look.

" So this explain about your crazy aggresive behaviour for the past days. But then why your face terrible like that? Dongwan reject you or what? " 

Minwoo sighes heavily, looking more pathetic because he gonna recall things that makes his heart swells with such an agonizing pain to his friends. " He was mad at me since that night in Kangta's house, Steff. I swear I don't know why, and he still mad when I went to Jung Hwan's place to get him. And by Tuesday, he made it so clear that I'm doomed cuz I kissed him again. "

" You what?! " Steffie stares at Minwoo in surprise.

" Yeah, I couldn't control my own anger and frustration because Dongwan stubbornly kept pushing me away, said he hate me while I know he lie. "

" But seriously, he can sue you for ual harrasment, Minwoo! Where's your brain actually?! "

" At this point, why you still bother asking him about his brain, Stef? He no longer use it to think clearly. He's all clouded. Already sunk. Deep down. " Eric states the obvious.

" But what he did was wrong still. " Steffie tells Eric and looks at Minwoo again. " You said that Dongwan lied to you. What makes you think that way? Wait, did he told you before if he's also gay? " 

" Can we not using that word yet, please? " Minwoo begs. " And no. I don't know about Dongwan's ual orientation. He seems straight. But I noticed for several times that he was having a hard-on when we were together and sure his was alive when I kissed him."

" Ew yucks. That's too much information! " JJ gags in disgust.

" Don't be such a naive Minwoo. ” Eric snarks. In mocking tone, he continues. “ His acted like that because that guy is such a bastard. "

What Eric said makes Minwoo’s cheeks flush with anger, " You better watch your mouth, Eric. Next time you talk like that about Dongwan, I swear to God I am going to beat your . "

" Aww hyung! Never know that you can be pretty scary when you are deeply in love like this. " Andy jokingly try to cool down the tension.

" Hey, listen. If you are just about to mock me, then I better walk out from this cuz I'm not sharing my problem here for you to in use it as a material jokes. ”

Andy quickly pulls Minwoo’s arm to prevent him from walk away. " Aw sorry hyung. Don't sulk please. We just need a little time to process all of this sudden news. It’s too shocking but of course we will help you figure things out. "

For a couple minutes everyone says nothing, before the sound of Steffie clears breaks the silence. And as if afraid that her choice of words will offend Minwoo, she slowly and carefully speak up her mind. “ But this could be merely just a lust, right? Lust mixed with confusion? That actually Minwoo is somehow finds himself ually attracted to Dongwan but he gets confused with that desire and starts to think if the feeling is love? And before everything settled, suddenly these two are into a fight and Minwoo just not ready with the altercation and draws wrong conclusion? Perhaps? ”

" Hell yeah. Even after he did and said all of those things, he still ain't even sure with his own orientation yet he refuse to hear that gay word. " CJ comments.  

" What am I suppose to do, huh? Cuz all I know for sure is, being a gay is never on my highschool to do list. "

" Now you say it. "

" Well maybe. Maybe I'm gay for Dongwan. "

" But you are known for being the purest case of a clingy person cuz you always craving for intimate skinship to anything that breathes. And lately because of that Prom Preparation, you were too busy to have a date and that's when Dongwan came into your world and you two started to hangout together so it all led to this thing. So pardon me for my brutal honesty, but in my opinion, let just cut this bull off, forget him, go find a girl you can really date and bring back the Old Minwoo! " Steffie snaps, this time no longer care about hurting Minwoo's feeling.

" I'm sorry, Steff but I don't think I can. You see, the old Minwoo was doing alright but it all changed once Dongwan stepped inside my life. Now I'm ing lost, Steff. I can't be the same without him. " 

" So you like him a lot, then. "

Minwoo weakly nods. " If we talk about love, when it happens, it happens. Can’t help that. And I don't want to fight or change this feelings I have for him. "

" Damn. Now I'm one hundred percent jealous to Dongwan. . Minwoo-ah, you never look this way when we were a couple. " Steffie throws her hands in the air, defeated.

" Hey, " Eric interrupts. " That's exactly the way I look all these years when you neglect me, Steff. Please give me some credit. "

" Shut up, Eric. " Steffie hisses.

" But Steff, Eric is right. We don't have much time left before we graduate, do we? We only have, what, less than two months? I'm afraid that I'm running out of time with Dongwan, that's why I'm feeling so miserable now. I just don't want you to regret it, Steff. It's time for you to drop all the shield you have in your heart and let Eric come inside. "

" Oh, come on. " Steffie snarls. " Thanks for your concern but can we go back to your problem, please? "

With that, Andy who've been quiet while listening his hyungs bickering finally opens his mouth. " Hyung, I think I have a plan. "

" What is it Andy, tell me. "

They all shifts their positions and all ears to hear what's the plan Andy has inside his mind. But when Andy is still in the midst of explaining, Steffie abruptly cuts in. " No. No ing way. "

" Wait, what's wrong with the idea? " CJ asks, brow creases makes his face so much alike with Angry Bird cartoon.

" Hell, it's all wrong. It's dangerous. You wanna get him killed or what? " Steffie glowers disapprovingly.

" No, noona. I think it's doable and not really that extreme. We wont send Minwoo hyung alone, of course we will watch for him just in case something goes awry, we will be there. " Andy says.

" Seriously what is so wrong with you, guys? "

" I, I think I can work with Andy's idea. It's complicated and risky, I'm aware of that. But if none of you have any other idea, then let me try it. " Minwoo blurts.

" What?! Okay then let me ask you this question. First, who will be the girl? Pretty sure this idea need a help from someone who are stupid enough who want to help Minwoo. And you can't easily pick any random girl too. What if she spread rumour about you and Dongwan? And second, do you really have the money to book that place? Even if we are student, we still need to pay that place for personal use! "

Steffie waits until Eric, Minwoo, Andy and CJ can come up with an answer to the questions. But their mouth all tightly zipped.

" Now you all realize if there's lot of flaw in Andy's plan, it wont work. And Minwoo, do you really have to do this? At least, can you wait until our Finals done? " 

" I need to fix this before Finals, otherwise my mind will just keep wandering like now. In fact, that's the only way I can be ready to face Finals. If Dongwan still refuse to forgive me, I don't think I can put my brain to focus in anything. "

Steffie groans. " And still, I object the idea of you doing that. Minwoo please. Listen to your heart isn't always right, sometimes you need to use your brain too. "

" I guess this will be the first time for Minwoo to use his heart. Cuz he never fallen too deep like this before. And he's right, time's ticking. If Dongwan happen to be his soulmate, then it's worth a try. " Eric shrugs his shoulder as he tells his opinion.

" I thought you are against him to fall in love with Dongwan? " Steffie asks.

" I'm sorry, Steff. This time we aren't on the same page. " He quickly puts a finger when he sees Steffie about to cut his explanation. " But my point is, Minwoo need to experience what true love is as he always find it easy with girls. But those just him playing around. That's what he does. All the time. Through all the break-ups, he never sad. Not even once. Now after Dongwan hit him hard like a hurricane, he know it's time for him to be serious. And if it's love, then every risk is worth taking. Exactly just like me who are willing to wait for you, or Andy and CJ who faces every kind of obstacles just to be together. "

Minwoo glances at his friends. " Isn't that I'm gonna force my feelings and push him to love me back, no I would never do that cuz it probably just a one-sided love for me afterall. I just want him to forgive me so we can be friend again. It weighing on me too, cuz I'm this school's student body president. It will be a failure for me to let Dongwan alone, all by himself until our graduation day comes. I want to make a good memory until the last day we're here. That's what I want. "

Steffie gives dismissive huff, but her face is now soften. " I let three of you help Minwoo though I still disagree with Andy's idea. " And she shifts her head to stare Minwoo deeply. " I hope at the end of the day, none of your heart or body get hurt just because of him, okay? "

" Thank you, Steff. And thank you, guys. " Minwoo nods. At this moment, he feels a flicker of hope growing inside because he knows his friends will be right there to support him. With that and Andy's plan on his hand, right now that's all enough for him. 

***