Good Night

Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you," Lisa heard Jennie say.
"Thank you for everything, and sorry for mocking your brows earlier.”

Lisa can't help but smile because of what she heard.

‘So this brat knows the word thank you and sorry after all,' she thought.

“Sure,” she plainly answered trying to suppress her growing smile.  

She tried to sleep but minutes have passed, she just couldn't.

Maybe because she is in deep thoughts.

Or maybe because of the fact that she can hear Jennie's silent sobs beside her.

Her heart sank for some reason.

She didn't feel like she should be there, so she got up and left without saying goodbye to the bride.

Jennie heard the door click, so she turned around just to see the younger not around.

She felt at ease. And cried harder. All her suppressed emotions are now poured out.

All these years, she tried to be strong.

She pretended to be strong.

That's why she built that wall around her. She used that y facade to push people away. She only trusts few people. And one of those is Jisoo.

She guarded herself for the reason she doesn't wanna be attached to anyone.

She's afraid she might destroy them.

She got this thinking from her father, who in all her life, blamed her for her mother's death.

Her mother died after giving birth to Jennie.

She couldn't blame her father though. As she thinks he was right and has the right to blame it all to her.

Sure she had all the luxury while she was growing up. Everything she asks her father he'll give it to her, except for one thing.

His time.

Her father never had the time to spare for Jennie.

He's barely home. Most of the time he's on a business trip or in the office working and managing the company.

Jennie strived hard to please her father. She never thought of being rebellious. Never. Not until now.

She achieved so much from elementary to college, graduating as a top student from their batch.

But she never heard her father praise her. Not even a simple ‘congrats’ was heard from him.

Back when Jennie was on her third grade, she won a quiz bee, beating same level students from other schools.

That night, she delivered this news to her father while they are having a dinner (which only happens thrice a month).

“Dad, won't you congratulate me for winning the inter-quiz bee?” Little Jennie asked to her father while smiling so bright. Hopeful that she made him proud and that would at least congratulate her.

“Why would I? It's given already that you have to win. Your mother's death won't pay off for any failures, Jennie.” She heard those harsh remarks for such a young age.

Ever since then, she never asked her father to congratulate her again.

Sometime last year, her father introduced her to Hanbin, saying he's her fiancé. She agreed, until she knew what kind of man he was.

He's a jerk.

A spoiled rich jerk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter