The Bet

Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*I wasn't planning to update the first chapter today but it. Enjoy~*

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Day before the wedding

Jennie cried on the other line of the phone while talking to her cousin. Her loud sobs filled her cousin's ears.

“Unnie.. I don't wanna be married with him. He's a ing jerk!” She exclaimed and let out her frustration by crying her heart out.

“I know. I know.”

All Jisoo could do is to sympathize with her cousin.

Jisoo knows too well what Jennie is talking about.

Her soon-to-be husband is a total jerk.

He's selfish, full of himself, and a womanizer.

Jisoo feels sorry for her cousin who got stuck with this tight situation.

Jennie doesn’t want to be married with him.

Her father did.

“It's for your own good. It's for the company's growth,”  he said.

“Unnie, please save me. I don't wanna be stuck with him forever,” the sound of desperation is what you can hear based on her tone.

Even Jisoo’s parents doesn't agree with this but they couldn't change Jennie’s father’s mind.

“I'll see what I can do, Jen. Please stop crying now. I promise I'll think of some way out.”

She heard Jennie's sobs become silent.

“T-Thanks unnie.”

Jisoo nodded as if Jennie could see her response.

Then the call ended.
 

Jisoo sighed as she couldn't think of any good plan to sneak her cousin out of this mess.

Like, what plan could she even possibly come up to?  The wedding will be tomorrow. There's no way she could stop that.

She's stopped by her train of thoughts when her doorbell rang.

She stood up and looked at the screen and sighed one more time because she's sure that the person who she saw in the monitor will bring her more headache.

She opened the door and let the person in.

“What are you doing here?” she asks as they sit on the sofa.

“Well hello there too, Jisoo unnie.”

Jisoo rolled her eyes.

“What did you do this time?” She asked in monotone.

“You're so judgemental. I just missed you!” The girl tried hug the older but Jisoo pushed her away.

“Okay, okay. I need a place to crash in.”

“Your family owns dozens of hotels throughout the globe, Lisa,” she stated a fact.

Lisa sighed in defeat.

“They banned me from staying at any of our hotels.”

Jisoo laughed really loud because of Lisa's reason.

“HAHAHA. You're banned from your own hotel!? HAHAHA.” Jisoo can't control her laugh.

“Yah! Stop it!”

Jisoo composed herself and recovered from her good laugh.

“Why don't you just stay at other hotels?”

“My dad cut all my cards too. Now I'm broke and homeless.”

“What did you do to make him this mad??” Jisoo chuckled at her friend’s dilemma.

“My father found out that I slept with a girl I met in the club and took her to our hotel. The girl turned out to be the wife of a supposed to be business partner. And the deal was cancelled because of it. Luck wasn't on my side. I mean, I can't blame the girl tho, her husband is an old . She’s too pretty for him,” said Lisa while smirking.

“Hey! You really are thick-faced. Serves you right.”

“Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. So you'll let me crash here?” Lisa asked with full of hopes.

“Nah.”

“Please~ I'll do you a favor just to let me crash here.”

Jisoo was about to decline once again when a crazy idea suddenly popped out of her mind.

“Okay. Let's make a bet. If you win, I'll let you stay here for as long as you want. I'll even lend you money. But if you lose, you'll have to do me a favor.”

“What?! Really?! Why though? Are you planning to sell my kidneys if I lose?” Lisa nervously asked, because Jisoo was too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter