006: Dresses

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina woke up, not to say; rudely, by the immense knocking on the door of her apartment, which she shared with Sehun and Kai, which also meant they were aware of her day off today. She intended to sleep for the whole day, until she throws up sleep right through her nose.

But no! Someone just had to be knocking and ringing the bell of her apartment in an annoying manner, to the point she could feel the sound reverberating inside her head, through her thick skull. Damn, she was going to have a headache if this continued.

So, she stood up and stomped her way downstairs to open the door with all of her messy glory. Nest hair, stinky morning breath, and large, oversized pajamas.

I swear, if it is one of Sehun’s obnoxious friends.. she thought, murmuring under her breath ominously. It had happened more than she’d like to believe, Sehun’s friends coming into her apartment asking for him in her off days in the crack of dawn, as if the phone is not invented or as if they don’t have limited Wi-Fi in their cellphones to send a damn text.

She cracked the door open roughly, steam exiting out of her nostrils like a highly upset dragon, only to freeze, her eyes twitching in disbelieve, and her heart falling to the endless pit that is her stomach.

It was Suho.

In all of his sophisticated glory, unlike hers. He had a pair of black shades on his nose, with a brown, grayish suit that looked comfortable and elated a feeling of playfulness out of him. The inner white shirt right under his wide blazer had the two first buttons popped open. He looked like a prince straight out of a fairytale, but also like a rich boy who would do anything to ruin a girl’s innocence, and Mina loved it; she felt like she was ready to combust into tiny flames right under him, especially with his sharp, scrutinizing eyes.

She quickly covered with her hands, actually remembering that these damn werewolf boys could smell the stench of her morning breath from across the street.

“Why are you here?” She intended to ask, but her words came out muffled due to her violent grip on ; and the fact she couldn’t breathe straight whenever she was in close proximity to him. Surely, standing behind her door while he waited for her to say something at her porch didn’t call as a small distance to act like a panicked child but then again, it was Suho, and he had that affect on her.

“Because I know you have an off day today.” He answered cooly, taking his shades off and placing them in his pocket. He eyed her from the tips of her messy hair down to the tips of her toes. Mina swore she saw the corner of his lips tick upwards but she didn’t want to raise her hopes up. So she did what she always did to prevent herself from fangirling loudly or embarrassing herself in front of him: she acted carelessly.

“Okay? And?” She even leaned on the frames of her door, with her eyes looking bored and like they didn’t give two s about what he told her (even when her heart was secretly lodged in and she literally had no idea how to swallow it away) but thankfully, she still had the decency to have her hands covering .

“Get ready, I’m taking you out.” Suho said with boyish charm and his Alpha voice that gave no room for argument. Mina realized that Kyungsoo wasn’t the only one who stated things instead of asking, Suho had that thing about him as well. She wasn’t sure how to react to that, actually, so she opted with being her careless self.

“For?”

“To get a dress, a bunch of heels, accessories, and everything that a girl needs for a ball.” Suho entertained her questions, his lips now parting to release a small, predatory smirk. Mina found that she liked it when he looked at her like he was going to pounce on her, like he wanted to shred her to pieces; which was what wolves were naturally good at, and it was disturbing. She liked everything Suho did, when she shouldn’t. She needs to have more control of her urges and feelings. She shook the thoughts away and asked him nicely, quietly, showing her truthful emotions instead of being so careless when she didn’t even have the slightest will to be so nonchalant around him.

“I’ve never been to a ball before,” She said, timidly, and something about Suho softened a little at her demeanor. “..and I really don’t feel like I want to go to one, ever.”

“Really?” Suho raised his eyebrows, his eyes flashing deviously. “So if I asked you to come with me as my date for the business party I’m hosting, you’d say no?”

Mina grew speechless, not because of his proposal, but with his winning tone, like he was already aware of what she’d say instead of this brave façade she was trying to pull. She paused a little at thought, why would Suho look like that? Why would he even sound like he had her all figured out? Did he know.. she was in love with him? But that was insane! The boys told her they could never hear her heartbeats whenever her feelings got the best of her because she wasn’t a part of the pack by a werewolf blood, and she knew that her heartbeats will be the only thing to expose her true feelings to Suho. Or was she truly this transparent? Did he know of everything without having to know how hard her heart pounded in her chest because of him?

“You hate balls this much?” Suho said confusedly; mistaking her prolonged silence with annoyance to his request, and that she truly hated the thought of going to one. “I thought you love parties.”

Mina sighed, shook her ludicrous thoughts away and gave the boy an answer. All that with her hands secured around .

“Parties where I can go wild and be myself, not balls where I’d have to dress fancily and pretend I understand why people feel better about degrading lower-classes.”

“You’d be my date of honor,” Suho rolled his eyes, and for a flash of a millisecond, Mina could see the old Suho she was so close to reappear. “The CEO and founder of my company. They’d never talk like that to you.”

“Doesn’t mean they’re not going to talk like that to everyone else.”

Mina couldn’t understand herself. What was she doing? She would have jumped in glee at the thought of going to a party with Suho before, her crush and the love of her life; where she’d dance all day and be merry with him, maybe even steal a few kisses. But now she was jumping around? Dodging his request to be his date? Even when he personally asked her?

“Listen,” Suho sighed tiredly and she felt bad for him. “You’re the only woman I trust in my life, okay? I’d rather take you to an uncomfortable ball and have each other’s backs instead of taking someone I don’t trust or know that much, and get bored with my own skin at a party where I should be the absolute opposite.” He sounded genuine and honest, his voice laced with longing she didn’t know the origin of, but was tugging at her heartstrings, weakening her already weak heart for him, and making her smile, soft and tender.

“Okay.”

He gave her a tiny smile in return, like smiling was hard for him, and so his smile came small and almost forced. But she’d take that smile from him, she’d take anything he offered, actually.

She continued. “But do you need to buy me things?”

“There’s a theme going on for the ball and we have to match, so yes, I need to buy you things.” He replied with a stoic face, like he couldn’t trust her to do things by herself, and she sighed, surrendering, and let him in.

“Fine. Wait inside.”

-

Suho, as expected actually; took her to top notch stores, boutiques she only watched from afar while she went to eat a big, giant burger from a street vender. And she didn’t really care, she never cared that she couldn’t afford to step inside whereas Suho could. She thought it was too mainstream anyway.

But she liked the feeling of having everyone staring at the man beside her, rich girls and mothers staring at Suho with heart eyes, whispering about him, actually recognizing him as one of the youngest CEO’s in the country, which automatically meant success, fame and money, and how they all want to have a piece of him. She liked that she was the one with him, being showered by his attention while he boringly went through stores, searching for some shop to draw his eyes to, constantly reminding her to stick close to him so she wouldn’t get lost, because despite being so arrogant, confident, and intelligent; she had the attention span of a goldfish.

Suho dragged her to a big, luxurious boutique that had expensive aroma surrounding it and entirely too flashy items hanging around frozen mannequin. She grimaced at the pink dresses littered around, the dark pink walls of the store, and the black and pink rugs. Heck, even the scent of the store – despite being nice – reminded her of the color pink. Some of the dresses weren’t pink though, and she thought they looked really good.

“Excuse me, get me the top finest dresses in your boutique and have her try them all one by one.”

Suho ordered, like he owned the place, and Mina gave him a disapproving look he blankly returned, ticking his head sideways so that she’d follow the assistant lady who was waiting for her, instead of shooting him disapproving looks. She followed the lady begrudgingly, scratching her chin, while Suho followed behind them, watching the other assistants pick up their most expensive, and finest dresses as he requested, and then following behind the three. They were lead to a set of changing rooms with pink doors, and Suho sat on the large, actually green couch that was right across, waiting like a king. Mina wanted to roll her eyes at him but then again he’d give her one of his sharp looks, and she didn’t need that at the moment.

“This way; Ma’am.” One of the girl assistants opened one of the slide doors for Mina to go inside so she could change; and the girl was just about to, when she noticed the strings and strings of dresses hung around the rack another assistant was wheeling closer. Her eyes instantly widened.

“Um, Suho..? Do I really need so many dresses?”

“Yes.” Suho answered right away, if she wasn’t so in love with him, she’d have punched him in the face. “Try them all on and then come show me. I’ll see if they look good on you or not.”

Mina zipped her lips shut and forced herself to enter the spacious changing room, wheeling the rack of dresses behind her before anyone of the assistants could do that for her. It wasn’t like she couldn’t do this by herself, rich people were so annoying with all of this help-me-i’m-more-important-than-you-mentra they have around that terrifies those poor helpers.

She shook the unnecessary thoughts away and took a random dress from the rack to try on, heartbeats racing too fast inside of her chest. The idea she’d actually put on a nice dress and show Suho felt entirely too ridiculous to her; it felt wrong, actually, because it was like she was trying to impress him or something, and Mina does not use any effort to impress people, even those she loves, but she also feels kind of thrilled, as if the mere idea Suho’s eyes would glide up and down her body to check for the dress was crazy, and made her body shudder violently.

When she came out of the room with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter