005: Unexplainable Feelings

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Uh, do you two dorks know where we are going?”

Mina finally spoke, after half an hour aimlessly wandering alongside her stupid boys, Sehun and Kai, whom after she burst into tears – quite awkwardly, really – took a grasp of her arm and pulled her away from the suffocating cafeteria and the prying eyes, to go somewhere they refused to tell her the location of. Since she was busy wiping her tears and wallowing in major self pity, she didn’t mind, but after she successfully pulled herself out of that stupid, pathetic, and childish phase, she blurted out the first sentence.

“Unlike you, sweetheart, we are not directionally challenged.” Sehun dared to look down at her from his tower-like body, a patronizing little grin on his thin lips, his phone in his hands. She muttered something that sounded similarly like I am not directionally challenged you bastard child but Sehun lost interest as soon as he fixated his eyes on her, looking around the crowded streets of the shopping area his long legs took them to. Seeing his deliriousness, she looked at Kai instead, the same question flashing up in her eyes. Kai merely frowned.

“Don’t ask me, this was the idiot’s idea, I’m just following.”

“You let him take the lead?” Mina gasped, sounding like she was getting electrocuted or something, or maybe she was recalling all of the traumatic experiences she had with Sehun when he decided to take the lead. “How could you? Now he will take us everywhere and molest our poor legs. He’d give mercy to none of us! Not even my superior, puppy face could thaw the icicles around his heart!”

“Relax, you daft, uncultured animal,” Sehun rolled his eyes, his tone coming out extremely bored. She gave him a cautious look, taking a few steps backwards slowly he so easily noticed (because of his werewolf, creepy senses) yet he didn’t acknowledge. His eyes were busy looking down at the phone in his hands, and Mina only just realized he was texting someone. “Suho Hyung asked me of my whereabouts and I told him of my original plan, which included going to a better place to eat than the uni’s cafeteria, actually, you ungrateful hooligans,” Sehun paused to give the two of them a look, offended that they didn’t want to go anywhere with him leading. It wasn’t like he was that horrible, was it? “But he told me to change the plan and meet him here. He had something he wanted to buy, plus everyone are free and were annoying him in his home, so he decided to treat them out to leave his precious house alone.”

When it came to Suho and his perfect, expensive large house, he wanted it speck and clean, something the boys found hard to comprehend, and messed literally every corner they could find. It wasn’t like they did it intentionally, nobody really wants to stay in a ruffled, unclean place; but the boys are wild. One night in Suho’s extravagant house together could cause two days of cleaning, and it wasn’t even an exaggeration. Since the Alpha lived alone (because damn him and his money, he could afford a castle if he wanted) the boys always liked to gather around in his home, have sleepovers, parties, and gatherings. Most of the time, Suho doesn’t really say no to them, but when he’s in one of his moods, he’d rather kick them all out of his house.

“Oh thank God,” Mina wiped imaginary sweat out of her head, causing Kai to snicker softly at her overdramatic antics, while Sehun didn’t say anything, letting her be her stupid self again if it meant she wouldn’t cry again. “Suho always saves the day. I think I love him just a little more.”

“I didn’t even know you could love the guy more.” Kai commented with a small, quiet snort, but there was a small smile on his lips and Mina liked that he wasn’t hiding behind his indifference when he was with her. She nudged her shoulder with his playfully, a smug smile on her face.

“I didn’t know myself, but every time I just find myself falling more and more—“

“Ew, how many times do I have to tell you not to talk about this with me,” Sehun pretended to shudder, an expression of disgust crossing over his face. Mina didn’t hesitate to imitate that ugly face of him, tiptoeing as far as she could towards him with all of her abilities to stuff that ugly face of hers on his, way past his personal bubble. Sehun, unconcerned, simply poked her forehead away from his face, grimacing. “If I heard one more thing about Suho Hyung, I swear to God I will chop your liver and eat it.”

“Gross, that’s gross.” Kai commented, stuffing his hands around the comfortable, warm pockets of his pants, taking a deep breath through his nose. There was a sense of calm and ease around him at that moment, and the longer Mina watched him, the more she realized he truly felt comfortable. She felt accomplished that he was like that, for whatever delusional reason of hers; since it was rare for Kai to have this air of anxiety-free around him.

“Come, the place Suho Hyung wants us to meet at is three blocks away. Lets walk.” Sehun mumbled distractedly, taking his eyes off of his phone to look around him, pocketing the device and then walking towards the left direction, not waiting for any of the two. Kai and Mina didn’t mind, really, they were used to Sehun’s sassy, bratty actions. They’d rather be alone too to discuss deeper agendas than be bossed and flung around randomly to fulfill Sehun’s needs.

They did, however, follow the boy in softer pattern and slower footsteps, matching their pace together and rubbing their shoulders with one another. It was in these days, when she felt like she was too worn for the world, that she appreciated their inhumane heat, as it rubbed down soothing warmth down her shaking body.

“You okay now?” She heard Kai ask, and she nodded without looking at him, worried that she might cry again if she did, especially because this was Kai she was dealing with. A small glimpse at his soft eyes and soft lips, and she’d be crumbling down on her knees, weeping.

“Really?” He tried nudging her with his shoulder the way she liked to do with everyone, but since she was tiny he had to lean sideways and curl his knees inwards to actually reach her. It was kind of adorable.

“Yes,” she whined, pouting, before that pout was fading into thin lips, “I feel much better than I did a few minutes ago. Honestly, you guys’ presence makes me feel like I can conquer the world. No need to worry, I don’t even know where those tears even came from.”

“So you’re not going to cry again?” Kai peered down at her face as if to check for tears, and she looked back up at him with a huff, smacking his shoulder. The boy released a small chuckle, so small that the sound of it came out muffled, it didn’t help that he placed his hand to cover his widening mouth. Mina remembered that one time Kai told her how much he was scared of showing that side of him, the side where he smiled, where he cared. People were so used to brooding, angry Kai that a small smile terrified him. It was of that reason that everyone cherished him more when he smiled, or when he spoke longer sentences, and wasn’t afraid to tell what is on his mind. He was delicate, like that; fragile almost, in spite of looking (and being) anything but.

“Is cute Kai afraid of a little crying?” Mina teased with a smile she couldn’t suppress, tip toeing to reach his shoulder to give him another playful nudge. Kai rolled his eyes, but the trace of a smile was still apparent on his face. “Don’t worry, scared puppy; I’m not crying anytime soon.”

“It’s not that I’m afraid, I just don’t like the crying Mina,” He told her genuinely, raking a hand through his brown, lush hair, and making Mina slightly wonder what it would be like to touch his hair. “I rarely ever see you cry and once you do, it means it’s super serious. I don’t want you to be in serious pain.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re the sweetest person ever?” Mina told him gently, smiling softly and proudly at him, like he was her child or something. She took his arm in her hands, ignoring the bulging muscles through his green, military T-shirt, and the intense heat he was radiating; to hold him close to her, squishing his arm in her chest and leaning her head on his shoulder — or at least tried to, he was too tall for her that she ended up grazing only his bicep pathetically.

Kai released a giant huff that sounded annoyed at first, but he was only messing with her; his eyes gleaming mischievously even though his face appeared expressionless. “You do that all the time.”

“I probably tell Kyungsoo that as well,” Mina said considerably, taking her head off of his shoulder to fake the fact she was thinking. “You know how you two terrify everyone but are actually the most adorable, softest boys I’d ever got to know.”

“That’s because we love you, stupid. You mean a lot to us, yeah? And I don’t want you to be sad like, ever.” Kai murmured softly, finally taking his brown, coffee eyes (that Mina could drop on her knees and swear are enchanted for she desires to drown in them every time they look with hers) away from her face. He decided to gauge the situation around him, flicking his vision on every shop and stand, sometimes checking to see if Sehun was paying attention to where he was walking instead of having his full mind on his phone.

“I like it when you get talky, Jongin.” Mina beamed at him, flashing her pearly white teeth.

“I like it when you call me Jongin.”

She grinned at him like a fool, squeezing his deathly hot arm and allowing him to take the same amount of warmth out of her like how she was taking out from him, even if his warmth was more of a burning heat, like an oven or something, while hers was.. just.. hers, normal, humane, thirty seven Celsius sort of heat.

“Are you two fools done talking and being absolutely gross with each other?” Sehun turned to give them an unamused look, taking his Yankee snapback out of his head for a second to ruffle his locks, only to have the snapback back on his head. He let out a childish huff when Mina pulled her tongue out at him. “Because the Hyungs are here. Chanyeol even brought Yoomi.”

Mina, unbeknownst to her, had her heart rocketing to her chest at the mention of Chanyeol’s girlfriend. She didn’t even know why she found herself unwilling to swallow the girl. It wasn’t like she was irritating, or shallow. She made Chanyeol smile and overflow with love, and that was good enough to be in Mina’s good side. But there was some foreign emotion that always flashed in her eyes whenever her eyes locked with Mina’s eyes, and Mina was absolutely.. weirded out. She have had tons of girls giving her the hawk eyes whenever she’s with the boys, past girlfriends, acquaintances, and even friends of friends. Those eyes of them, at least; she could read. They were jealous of her, they always are, especially with the way the boys are doting on her, treating her like she is a precious gem to them, even Kai and Kyungsoo; whom are known to being unapproachable. Jealousy she could understand, since it is always jealousy that she faces.

But Yoomi was different. She didn’t stare at her with predatory eyes that told her to back off of her boyfriend, or eyes that glistened with hate every time Chanyeol did something out of care to her. She still looked like she wanted her to disappear, that was a given, but Mina was sure it wasn’t because she was insecure she’d take her boyfriend; that was because she stared at her like that even when she is with the other boys. Minseok would flirt with her, and Yoomi would give her a strange look, Sehun would annoy the out of her, and again; a strange look. Baekhyun would be his flirty, erted self towards her, and she’d receive another look. Honestly, it creeped the heck out of her.

The sound of the boys’ chatter brought her out of her reverie, and she looked up to find them a few steps away; crowding outside a coffee shop that looked pink and girlish, absolutely cute and so not their style. They were even holding cups of coffee, smoothies and icy cold juices. Kyungsoo’s cup looked the funniest. With a deadly scowl, loaded eyes and a face as blank as a cardboard, yet he was holding a large, pink rainbow-colored plastic cup, with a pink straw that had a unicorn sticker hanging on the tip. She found herself grinning slowly, and was about to make a loud comment when her eyes flitted down to a smaller figure, petite and fit, standing just between Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol, who was encaging her in a conversation.

Yoomi, however, was staring at Mina and the two newcomers between her — Sehun was somehow beside her all of a sudden — her eyes were on Mina, squinting dangerously, and she didn’t look like she was listening to a word Chanyeol was saying. Which annoyed Mina, since it annoyed Chanyeol himself when he speaks and no one listens to him. Mina decided to ignore the girl, her eyes flying over her challenging ones to the guy right beside Kyungsoo, who was sipping on his dark coffee calmly, face looking devoid of emotions, even while he was staring around.

“Minseok!” Mina called him loudly, surprising him, as his eyes immediately filtered towards hers, softening immediately once he realized who exactly was calling him. Mina hopped towards him and looped their arms together, ignoring the heat. “You’re actually joining us here instead of your boring soccer practice.”

“Hey, Sugar,” Minseok emphasized on the nickname, making the large smile she had on her face dwindle into a frown, the corner of her lips curling into a snarl. However; she didn’t let out a sound. “Even the best of teams in this country needs a break once in a while.”

“I’m just glad you’re here with us. Now buy me a smoothie.” She hopped on her heels, clinging onto his arm like a child and actually giggling. Minseok shot her a fond look, watching her bounce happily without a care in the world; it made his heart warm.

“You see,” Minseok started playfully, “I could tell from your joyous tone when you called my name that you weren’t offering your love for free.”

“Aw Minseokie, I’ll always love you for free, but you still have to buy me a smoothie.” Mina joked, her soft and sweet tone dropping with faux, promising the older boy with deadly offers that he could tell were fake, and was pretending to be docile, gentle and excited. Even though, Minseok found his smile intact on his face, only growing more as he stared down at the girl beneath him, face glowing like she had seen a ing star descend from heaven or something.

“I’ll buy you a smoothie.” A voice said from behind, tone throaty and even a little shy, despite the sheer gruffness and masculinity of the voice. Mina and Minseok both turned to see who the intruder was, to find Baekhyun looking at them, eyes wide, like he couldn’t believe he just blurted that out. His cheeks were also slightly protruded, puffy and looking so entirely soft that she had a small thought of squishing them. Those cheeks of his looked red though, dark in color, and he, Baekhyun, in general, looked oddly misplaced, cautious, and absolutely shy. Mina fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter