021: Sea Salt II

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kinda a short chapter, unlike the rest, since it is the continuation of last chapter. It is also a lot earlier than normal. I decided to write it when I had time today since I’ll be busy the entirety of the upcoming week. Enjoy this and do upvote and comment what you like the most. I feel the greatest when people actually share their inputs instead os saying they like the story ^^

I have a few questions down below, which would be super amazing if you guys answered it at the end of the chapter.

1- Who’s character do you like the most so far? I personally like Minseok’s and Suho’s. They’re such daddy materials.

2- I have a basic plot for this story, but I don’t know what I’d do in between the plot - like fluff scenes and stuff. So, suggest down below which kind of scenes you’d really; really want to read, and I’ll make sure to add every single one of them. (If they were probable for the storyline).

3- I was thinking of adding small drabbles between the chapters that have nothing to do with the plot. Just cute, mindless and aimless fluff between Mina and the boys. It can be y - rated M - if you wanted it to be. I thought it’d be best than adding where it doesn’t belong in the chapters. I’ll also only write them when someone request them since my mind is pretty empty regarding this, hehehe.

Enjoy the chapter, and make sure you come back to read this again with more empty mind. Hehe.

*there’s this mark in the chapter. When you find it, you’ll find a Baekhyun scene which I explained down below in the AN/ section.

Mina was sitting back at Minseok’s towel, actually talking about the university and their never ending necessities of supplies for the student’s personal designs as their homework, which caused a small fortune for each and every project. They talked about their non-ending assignments, and whichever professor they liked their teaching method best and the opposite. Since Minseok was in his last year, he had a final project for the year he was working on, and his eyes continued to flash mischievously as she talked back, discussing the details. Mina didn’t understand the reason he stared at her like that until he proposed a question.

“Say, will you help me on my project?” He asked, sitting on from the last half an hour he spent laying down on his back. He focused his cat eyes on her and Mina raised her eyebrows.

“Why? You need help?”

Minseok actually wondered if it was alright to blatantly tell her that no, he didn’t need that much of a help, but that he needed her, in his apartment with him, all alone, where he could actually take some of her time without any of the rest stealing her away from him or having her with divided attention. Minseok was kind of greedy when it came to things like this, he admitted, he wasn’t very kind about sharing, especially her, but he figured he couldn’t really do that much about it since she’s not only his friend.

He couldn’t speak of his desire so easily, could he? It’d make the air between them awkward, and he wasn’t quite oblivious of how she reacted uncomfortably stiff at the way he was caught staring at her a few times. He didn’t want to make it even worse.

“Yeah,” He muttered a lie instead, guiding his eyes off of her and guiding them to the shore, catching Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae comparing their calves (?) while halfway dipped in the water. He feared that looking at her would get himself exposed. “It’s a big project, like a lot. They want us to make a hundred page paper assignment on how architecture developed through the last hundred years, plus a hotel figure made of wood.”

“That ing much?” Mina’s cute exclaim of terror had him smiling, and he ripped his eyes from the idiots in the beach to her. Her eyes were wide and was set on a bothered scowl. She was genuinely taken aback. “Now I’m scared about my last year. Like, I was already scared because it’s that year, but now I have to do my final project starting now, where I’m less busy. I tell you, the professors are secretly a cult and they secretly plan our destruction by overworking us with assignments and ty homework. This way we’ll die a slow death without rising suspicion.”

Minseok laughed at her words and her reaction all together, which was secretly what she was aiming for. Whether he realized it or not, he looked a bit scared of what’s ahead of him, in spite of looking all cocky and laid back, and she figured that pulling a laugh from his sweet lips will indulge both him and her. She allowed a small smile graze her lips.

“So, like, are you in?”

“Will you feed me when I’m with you?” Mina bargained. She was always a little pitiful when it came to food. “I want a big , family size bottle of Pepsi.”

“Sure, my sweet pumpkin, I’ll feed you and bring you your Pepsi.”

“Than you, Sunbaenim!”

“Secretly, I think you love Pepsi more than us.” Minseok commented, sounding outrightly dry and bitter about it. Mina puffed her chest, readying herself to say a whole lecture on how right his statement was. Minseok tensed, willing himself not to look down and drink up in the sight of her sweetly round and big s she was unconsciously flaunting with that puff of hers. She was also incredibly close – they were sharing a single towel, and when sitting up, Minseok brought himself closer, their crossed knees touching each other. He could even smell her minty breath and the cologne she still bore in spite of being in nothing but a bra and tiny shorts.

“Just so you know, that hunch of yours is absolutely correct. Sometimes, I do love my Pepsi more than you guys. But there are times where I love you more than my Pepsi, and that’s when you surprise me with a bottle of it whenever you come visit—“

Minseok knew he was an idiot. He was in love with someone who probably didn’t even look at him in the same way, who only considered him as strictly family, someone to could confide in. He was a big idiot, when her sweet voice could affect her, or her eyes, when she smiled at him while beaming like he’s the center of her universe or something, even though down inside of him, he knew that’s not how he should explain her look. Minseok knew he was an absolute, an entire idiot, because he got entrapped by her beautifully intricate and curved body, when she dressed so little and flashed all of her nicely sculpted visuals. He reacted to her like a woman, a woman with a nice personality he adored and a body he deeply fantasized being under him which he knew he shouldn’t but continued to do anyway.

Minseok knew that his emotions are overbearing sometimes, a lot of times, but how can someone control their emotions regarding someone? Minseok wouldn’t say he hadn’t tried, he truly did, by going on dates and giving people a chance to love him. But at the end of the day, he’d always smile the widest when she’s with him.

“Suho Hyung said we’ll stay the night here!”

Sehun’s cheerful yell brought him out of his thoughts, and put a drastic pause to her speech as well. They looked back at Sehun, who precisely came to tell them of the news with his precious large smile. He looked happy by the news alright.

“Staying the night?” Minseok repeated confusedly, or irritatingly for being brutally interrupted.

“Why would I want to stay the night here?” Mina all but scoffed, annoyed for some reason. “I wouldn’t let Suho dictate what I’d do with my life.”

Sehun shot her a flat look at the blatant rejection while Minseok looked at her in bemusement. His surprise soon turned into pleasant amusement, registering her exact words. Was she really causing a rebellion against Suho – whom she used to worship – just because she was upset with him? Yeah, that’s exactly a thing Mina would do.

“I’ll pay for our rooms,” Mina heard Suho’s voice, getting nearer, and he emerged behind Sehun’s large body with a cool face. His eyes were settled on her face, studying the cranes of her cheeks and the crinkles of her eyes. He appeared like a wounded chicken to Mina for some reason. His eyes were too bare and his lips were too chapped. He looked two steps close to being awful. And Suho is never awful. “Tomorrow is a weekend. You don’t want to stay?”

Mina huffed and looked away in determination to keep her silence. Truthfully, she’d have been easy to persuade if it wasn’t Suho who was speaking with her. She’d casually nod and pick her own room if Minseok or Yixing suggested such a thing, but looking at Suho’s casual but demanding eyes made her want to be stubborn (not like she naturally isn’t) she knew it was pitiful, but she was hurt and anything that came out of his mouth felt like a personal insult.

So no, she wasn’t going to pledge her allegiance so easily back to him.

“I don’t need you to pay for my room,” she mumbled in a small voice. She hated how not very confident her voice was, bordering on a dangerous territory like showing actual sadness. He didn’t deserve to see her sad. “And I don’t need to stay here with you too.”

She stood up to walk away from him, giving Minseok a weak wave he merely raised an eyebrow at, disregarding it. She went over for the three beagles who were playing with the water but with less enthusiasm than before, their shoulders stiff. She wasn’t an idiot. She knew that they’ve heard what she told Suho, and that they’ve suddenly decided to walk on their tiptoes just because they were afraid she might end up crying of yelling.

She obviously didn’t like it.

She punched the first guy she reached on the shoulder, Chanyeol, breaking him from his stiffness. He did a whole exaggerated show of lunging forward and falling on his knees because of the punch, yelping sharply.

Mina gave him a flat look, whereas Jongdae and Baekhyun snickered.

“I didn’t even hit you hard,” she told Chanyeol, actually offering him a hand to take. Chanyeol jutted his lips at her from the ground, his eyes going sad and pathetic. Mina didn’t relent; and wiggled her offered hand so he’d take. Chanyeol took it in his large one. “You’re just acting like a chi—Ah!”

He pulled her down on him instead of pulling himself up, and she flailed in the air for a few seconds in surprise at the attack before falling on her knees right onn his stomach, and then tumbling down beside him on the sand.

Of course. She should have known he’d do that.

“Sand fight!” Baekhyun, who had been fighting off a laugh with Jongdae, exclaimed out loud, quickly falling on his knees beside her and collecting wet sand in his hands. Jongdae, feeling behind, did the same hurriedly and nudged Baekhyun by his elbow aside violently to slow him down. Mina felt Chanyeol rise from beside her, he too began collecting his own pile of sand, and she didn’t want to be a victim again, even though she knew they were just trying to pull her off of her sad mood (something she wanted to feel for the longest time, to fuel the fire of her hate) so she sat up as well to make her own balls to throw.

She hadn’t had the chance to throw the balls she made at Kai’s place, since she practically ruined them all by squishing their lives away in anger, but these ones, these new ones she was making, they’d definitely go up Chanyeol’s .

And the two y unlabeled-boyfriends of hers.

-

“There’s sand in my shorts.” Chanyeol whined loudly, smacking his own and his thighs to get the sticky beach sand out of his system. From beside him, Mina snickered. She got him good in his , alright.

“There’s some in my too.” Whined Baekhyun, actually digging one of his hands down his shorts right on public, searching for sand she was the reason it was stuck there in private areas. Mina shrieked in surprise at his sudden move, covering her eyes after catching the flinch of surprise his body jerked in because of her sudden yell, quickly pulling his hand away. *

“Is that something you’d pull in public? You empty headed pig!” She exclaimed, uncovering one eye so she could use that hand to smack him on his shoulder. It wasn’t the only reason she felt like hitting him, but because he had been a ty boyfriend-slash-bond-slash-whatever-it-is-their-relationship-is. She heard Jongdae laugh at Baekhyun’s misery and the pout in his face, and she quickly snapped her head to Jongdae to smack him on his shoulder as well. He pretended to fly away because of the force of the hit, yelling profanities about how harsh her hits

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter