003: Kiss

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I know the tilte of this chapter is surprising and exciting, I can practically hear you guys squealing! But before you start reading, lets play a game. Tell me your thoughts on WHO she is going to kiss before you read, and see if your initial guess met with the person she’d really kiss here, and tell me in the comment. Please be truthful, because I’m thinking of donating KP to the winners!

Also, I’d really appreciate it if you made a poster for this story in the way you wish to make it, I’m willing to give 500kp and more to whoever makes me one!

 

Aw-kward.

Mina thought with a grimace, hiding her shameful face by looking down at her feet, wiggling her sneakers-clad toes in emphasis, while rotating the icy cup of coke she had ordered in her hand, passed around by Yixing.

She could literally feel Chanyeol’s heated glare right from across her table, followed by Sehun and Kai’s clueless eye-stare from time to time, looking at everyone around the table to try and understand the source of this tension they found looming around everyone when they came to join a few minutes ago. Although the tension wasn’t hot enough to be alarming, it wasn’t soft enough to pass it by like it was nothing, Mina at least, wasn’t going to pass by Chanyeol’s annoyance so easily, also Jongdae, who she was urged to sit beside, squished between him and Baekhyun instead of returning to her previous place next to Yixing and Suho, now occupied by Chanyeol, his girlfriend taking Yixing’s place so that she wouldn’t be left alone beside strangers.

“Soooo,” Jongdae drawled lazily, that , a pretty and polite smile grazing up his face. Mina didn’t hesitate to shoot him a spiteful glare, but he was too busy giving Chanyeol’s girlfriend his beautiful eye-smile to notice (or care). “I’m Jongdae, probably the only worthy in this table and is qualified enough to be Chanyeol’s best friend.”

Chanyeol’s girlfriend, shy and petite little thing; gave out a small, tinkling giggle, hiding behind her fingers and blushing scarlet at the attention. She was so docile and.. tiny, that Mina thought she was a monster by giving her such a shady and preposterous impression on her.

“Not gonna lie,” Baekhyun started talking with his princely voice, giving the shy girl a boxy, charming grin. “Jongdae is the only one idiotic enough to uphold Chanyeol’s standards of friendship, so it is no wonder they’re best friends.”

The girl released a louder giggle than before, so highly amused of the two beagles as they tried to lighten the mood, and nothing better for doing that than insults. Finally, after what felt like ages; Chanyeol pushed his furious eyes from her face, allowing her to breathe, so that he could include himself in the conversation.

“Byun Baek, are you saying I’m an idiot?”

“Oh no,” Baekhyun shook his head, as if he was utterly sorry, his eyes suddenly looking like puppy eyes. Mina mentally rolled her eyes. “I’m saying Jongdae is.”

“Before we start another massacre, this time including Jongdae and Baekhyun,” Suho interrupted whatever Jongdae was going to say – something insulting no doubt – with a soft shake to his head, a polite, diplomatic smile growing on his face, and even though it felt like it was for show, Mina’s heart still raced like an enraged rocket inside her. God, he was so ing beautiful. “How about we introduce ourselves to Chanyeol’s girlfriend? I’m sure you’re confused whose who.”

“I—I,” Chanyeol’s girlfriend yet again blushed harshly, reminding Mina of a plump and juicy tomato. “Chanyeol told me your names already, b-but I guess you’re right, I’m not sure whose who except for Mina, since she’s the only girl friend.” The tone of her voice when mentioning Mina was a little uncomfortable, and Mina’s heart skipped a beat.

At the mention of her name though, Mina picked her eyes up from staring at her feet to finally give the tiny girl a clearer look than before. She was tiny, that was evident enough – her head reached Chanyeol’s chest, for crying out loud – and she was also really pretty. Not as pretty as me obviously, Mina thought cockily, having an urge to fling her hair behind her shoulder pompously. Yoomi had soft looking cheeks, and eyes as wide as Chanyeol’s eyes. There was also tiny flecks of gold in her iris, between the dull brown of them, and it highlighted her whole face in a way. It made her look like she was glowing. Her hair was short and wavy, reaching only the tips of her shoulders, and had just the right volumes. No wonder Chanyeol seemed so smitten over her, his eyes flashing like two giant hearts. She was super gorgeous!

“Kai.” Leave it to Kim Jongin to introduce himself with just his one-syllable name. Mina and Chanyeol both gave him the look to be more expressive and polite, but he merely rolled his eyes, slouching back on his chair with a huff that fluffed his soft bangs away from his eyes for a single minute.

“I’m Sehun, obviously the coolest, and most handsome guy in this whole group.” Sehun all but leaned over the table, shooting the flimsy girl a wink that made her face look as red as a blood moon. Chanyeol gave the boy a threatening glare he ignored with a smirk.

“Hello, sweetheart,” Baekhyun gave a flirty wink as bad as Sehun’s, and Mina wanted to face palm. “I’m Baekhyun, nice to meet you.” He even used his husky, low pitched voice to lure her into his seduction, even though his intentions weren’t exactly to steal her from Chanyeol at all. It was just his way of talking to people. He doesn’t know how to normally string a conversation, and only knew how to be beautiful and flirty, period. Well, it was expected of a darn playboy.

“Baekhyun, you might just not sleep comfortably tonight.” Chanyeol all but threatened, and his threat was on point, honestly.

“What are you going to do?” Baekhyun squinted his eyes back at Chanyeol, although there was still a smug smirk on his face that made Mina really, really annoyed. Couldn’t he just keep quiet for a second? Even Jongdae was being quiet, cute and gentlemen-ly for ’s sake.

“Maybe you’ll try o crawl over your bed and find tons of worms on your sheets, and you wouldn’t know where they came from.”

“You would not dare!” Baekhyun actually dramatically released a gasp, placing a theatrical palm up on his chest, blinking his eyes as if he was stabbed by a spear. Mina was ready to drown herself into the sea by the embarrassment Baekhyun was giving her, and instead; she elbowed him harshly in the rips. Baekhyun gurgled with pain, scooting towards her to shoot her a harsh, hard glare she so innocently grinned at.

“I sure would,” Chanyeol said with his rough voice, his bleak eyes looking at Baekhyun without interest. “And you’d squirm the entirety of the night before deciding to sleep on the couch you hate so much.”

Baekhyun stayed silent, thankfully, and the remaining boys introduced themselves one by one, Yixing supporting a dimpled grin that could have charmed everyone, while Suho’s diplomatic smile could bring everyone to their knees. Jongdae actually made a huge effort with being nice and easy-going, treating Chanyeol’s girlfriend with politeness he reserved to everyone beside Mina, since she was one of the boys as he claimed, and the girl gave him a betrayed look; wondering why he doesn’t treat her with the same softness as he was doing to Chanyeol’s girl right in front of her face. Kyungsoo’s greeting was as bland as Kai’s, but he had the decency to keep eye contact with the girl and actually tick his head in a small bow. Mina pretended to wipe tears of pride out of her eyes, and Kyungsoo – who noticed – gave a helpless shake to his head.

“There’s also Minseok Hyung,” Chanyeol leaned his head down so that his girlfriend could hear him, his voice surprisingly soft and boyish. His girlfriend’s cheeks flamed instantly at the attention of her boyfriend, and Mina blinked her eyes while watching. Wow, are all couples this mushy and sensitive to the other one’s actions? “But he said he has soccer training, so he can’t come here. I’ll let you meet him another day.”

“That’s fine, Yeol,” His girlfriend replied with a soft and tiny voice, shooting the giant a small, smooth grin, while Mina’s eyebrow unconsciously furrowed, because sometimes; that is her nickname to the giant. “I can meet him whenever, we have plenty of time. Anyway, I’m Yoomi, I’m sure all of you know who I am.”

Yoomi gave Mina a look at that, a look she didn’t understand the meaning of and ended up blinking at; before she was looking back at her boyfriend with another shy smile, tucking her hair behind her ears in a cute and adorable way that Mina could see has Chanyeol absolutely whipped.

“Oh, we surely know who you are,” Sehun jumped on the opportunity immediately, a sly grin on his face. “Chanyeol had talked about you so much, I can probably name three things you like and hate right on the spot.”

“Sehun!” Chanyeol scolded, but his cheeks were red and everyone knew he was embarrassed for being exposed right in front of his girlfriend, who was giggling at his embarrassment. “You’re not supposed to say things like that, C’mon, what happened to our bro pact?”

“I’m helping you here, Chanyeol, whether you believe it or not,” Sehun said pompously, a smug grin on his face. Mina found her lips curl into a smile unconsciously. “I’m going to tell your girlfriend how much you talk about her and then she’d realize how whipped you are for her. That’s cute, no?”

“No, it is not cute,” Chanyeol boomed, reaching for Sehun who was sitting at the head of the table to punish him, but Sehun was aware of that fact and pulled himself as far as he could from Chanyeol’s grabby hands. “It is simply stalker-ish and creepy, you , nobody says that in front of the girlfriend!”

“I don’t mind, Yeol,” Yoomi all but blushed again, a small abashed smile on her face, as she tugged on her boyfriend’s sleeves to pull him away from brutally bullying back the bully. “I think it’s sweet.”

“Oh, uh, um, okay.” Chanyeol spluttered, releasing Sehun – who somehow had him in his grip already – to look down at her with also an abashed expression. He blushed again when their eyes met, and everyone on the table cooed playfully, Jongdae and Baekhyun’s voices louder than the most. Mina stared, with wide eyes mind you, at the odd way Chanyeol was reacting to Yoomi. He was rather rough and dominant in a sense, Mina rarely ever saw him blush, and now he was doing it a lot. Wow, that was new, her lips curled into an amused grin.

Mina’s phone – which she dropped on the table after she was forced to sit between Diva one and Diva two — released a soft ring, alerting her of an upcoming text message. The ding was soft and almost unheard, and the boys were busy bullying Chanyeol to hear. But she heard it, and when she took her phone to check for the text message, she found another new text from her father plus the two ones he had sent her previously.

Her heart fell down to her stomach.

She didn’t want to see what her father sent her, she was sure she could guess by now.

She was about to pocket her phone so her father won’t end up dampening the playful mood around her, when Jongdae all but snatched her phone from her, an expressionless mask on his face. She didn’t utter a word, allowing him to take her phone so that she wouldn’t alert the others, but Baekhyun was already sending her a curious look, his eyes flashing to Jongdae momentarily before looking back at Chanyeol.

Jongdae, Mina could see, was scrolling through her messages, still looking undeniably blank and unamused, before shutting her phone off and hiding it away in his pocket. He gave Mina a look then, and she pouted at him, pathetically jutting her lips at him so that he’d give her her phone back. But he merely shook his head and continued to bicker with the rest, eliciting quiet yet impish giggles from the soft-hearted Yoomi.

-

“C’mon, Jongdae, you’re supposed to give me my phone now!”

Mina whined while jumping up to snatch her phone from Jongdae’s hands, who had raised his hands up with her phone so she wouldn’t reach it.

“Not gonna give it until i’m sure Yoomi and Chanyeol are going home, and you and I are in the party, dancing and forgetting all about our responsibilities to this world.”

Mina paused, lowering her stretching hands down to her sides and giving Jongdae a wondrous look.

“What party? I don’t know anything about this party.” She sent him a glare, and he gave out an exaggerated sigh from his nose, and then pushed her phone back to his jeans’ pocket, so that he could ruffle her hair using both of his hands.

“Listen here, peasant, Baekhyun and I are going to this really cool party that we’ve been invited to by this really hot girl, and I’ve decided, since I’m super generous like that; to allow you to come with us. Aren’t I sweet?”

“The sweetest,” She replied blankly, giving him an unamused look. He only chuckled, sound low and throaty; while she looked forward at the boys and Yoomi, who were walking ahead of them for another restaurant to have an early dinner, since Yoomi has other plans later that night, while Chanyeol wanted to spent a little extra time with her. Since Suho was the responsible, rich Alpha, he decided to invite everyone over for dinner in a fancy restaurant, and of course no one would refuse. Mina took the opportunity of all of them being distracted by Yoomi’s utterly cute giggles and attacked Jongdae, wanting her phone back.

“We’re going to take a detour to home to change our clothes,” Jongdae said, shooting her a brilliant, cat-like grin, the ends of his lips curling upwards adorably. The glint in his eyes was anything but adorable, however. “I would have offered you to come with us and borrow some of our clothes but then they’d look so horrible on you.”

“It has nothing to do with the fact I’m a girl.” Mina nodded sarcastically, “It’s all because I’m ugly and a peasant girl and your wonderful princely clothes would look absolutely horrendous on me.”

“Brilliant, you’re getting the hang of this easier than I thought.” Jongdae nodded his head approvingly, and Mina gave out a loud, and annoying groan, rolling her eyes painfully hard, while Jongdae laughed, sound booming and highly attractive.

“Hey, you two, if you don’t come here, I’ll have to leave you behind.” Came Suho’s voice from up ahead, and the two shared a knowing look before walking towards him, Mina’s heart lurching painfully inside her chest at the sight of Suho.

“Just go change in your apartment after we’re done, and I’ll pick you up, promise.” Jongdae said, uncharacteristically softly, and she gave him a grateful look he simply ruffled her hair for.

“Thanks, I’ll need the party to get my head out of things.”

“Yes you will, there will be a lot of booze and a lot of attractive people, maybe you should find yourself a boyfriend.” Jongdae chirped, a little loudly, and it caught Baekhyun’s ears, who was walking beside Yoomi and Chanyeol; engrossing the two in a lazy conversation. However, he immediately looked backwards at Jongdae and Mina, his eyes lingering a little on Mina’s pissed off expression and trying to connect the words he heard to the whole matter. Once he did, he jumped into action by coming between the two, and wrapping both his arms around Mina’s shoulders in a tight embrace, crushing her in his arms.

“Oh nu-uh Mina, no boyfriends allowed for you,” He sniffed in a theatrical way, wherein Mina moaned in irritation, trying to break free from his tight grip, while Jongdae let out a laugh, patting Baekhyun’s back. “You’re my little cutie princess, you can’t leave Baekie behind for a peasant somebody like a boyfriend.”

“Urgh, Baekhyun, get over yourself,” She harshly broke apart from the idiot and shot him a glare, which he accepted with a loud sniffle, pretending he’d cry. “I’m not interested with boys right now and it has nothing to do with you.”

“Oh I’m super hurt,” Baekhyun once again sniffed, waddling over her with his hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter