004: Comfort

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m not sure if this chapter is angsty to some, but it sure is to me. Not heavy or extensive, just small to match the flow of the story. This story IS lighthearted anyway XD Tell me what you think about Mina after you finish this chapter, because I think some of your views might change? Idk.

 

There was one thing Mina could make out through the veil of haze wrapped around her head: she was in a car ride with Jongdae and Baekhyun; and it was absolutely quiet.

Why was it quiet? She wanted to ask, but she was draped on the backseat in such a ridiculous manner that the first issue she wanted to solve – aside the deathly calmness – was her crooked position. She knew she was lying down, that was obvious as much; but how she was lying down, she didn’t know. Somehow, her head was throbbing and her legs were curled. She was sure the zaps of pain that electrocuted her fingers whenever she wiggled around was also an odd position for her fingers to be. She tried to lift her head and look at the two s of friends she had but they (her fingers) released a violent lurch of pain; so she sighed and sat still, not moving even for a single gesture.

That is, at least; until the car stopped moving and the two males finally exited the car, closing their doors with extra power that the booming voice it released after that echoed painfully in her head; then, there was silence. For a fleeting minute, she thought they’d leave her alone (that happened more than she’d like to remember) but the door near her head cracked open by one of them, and she heard a small, murmured curse.

The next thing she realized was that arms wrapped under her own arms, pulling her up in a straight position, releasing her aching muscles from whatever or whoever was squeezing them together; before she was hauled out of the car. The sudden pull of her body was so surprising and rough, not to mention her throbbing, unconscious head didn’t understand what was happening; that she tumbled down the car on the floor right on her hands and knees, the guy actually releasing his hold on her with a shocked yell when her weight became overbearing for him.

“Owwww,” She whined, forcing her eyes open and looking down at the concrete she fell on, lifting her palms to give it a smack. “You ing dropped me.”

“It’s not my problem you weigh like a seal.” She heard someone say above her, voice low and slightly breathless. She recognized the owner of the voice easily, and her head provided her with a name. Baekhyun. She gasped, offended at the name he gave her, before lifting her head up to shoot him a glare. However, her vision was so blurred and messed up that she might’ve glared at thin air.

“Take that back, Byun Baek.”

“What?” Now he was the one being absolutely offended. She pictured him vaguely holding his hands on his hips sassily. “It’s true. You’re not as thin as you think you are, actually, you ruined my fantasy of holding my future girlfriend brid—uh.”

His voice cracked in the slightest at the mention of his girlfriend and holding her bridal style, and the crack was so sudden and so unbalanced; that something cleared in Mina’s hazy mind at the sound, and she once again lifted her head from eyeing the concrete floor with hate – because it obviously hurt her - to shoot him a confused look, hoping her eyes were actually looking at his face this time.

Baekhyun noticed her staring, and he blinked the haze from his head to stare back at her. She was still lying on her knees and palms, the dress she was wearing rode over her thighs, which meant her knees actually smacked face on the hard floor. For a small, tiny second, Baekhyun’s heart gave a painful lurch inside his chest; realizing that the delicate skin of her knees might be ripped apart by that violent pull of his. Then, that painful lurch in his chest doubled, and suddenly; Baekhyun couldn’t breathe properly. For a long time, he just stood in front of the girl, eyes wide because of surprise and horror, with his heartbeats flying in his chest. What was happening to him? Why was he reacting like that because of a harmless mistake he probably didn’t even do on purpose?

Mina released a hiccup beneath him, and he was going to kneel down and actually carry her in his arms, for whatever ing reason; when Jongdae came forward, bristling between his body and Mina. Baekhyun had no choice but to take a few steps backwards to allow him space, to allow them space, while he felt as if something was lodged in his chest, all of a sudden.

“Jongdae, my head hurts.” Mina let out a small groan of pain, sitting down on her henges to clutch her head in her hands. Even though she was only looking at Jongdae, the two males had their ultimate concentration on her. She gave them a cute, adorable pout at the pain in her head (which she was still holding) and while Jongdae sighed, Baekhyun found his lips curl into a smile.

“Get up,” Jongdae reached for one of her arms, holding her elbow to pull her up on her feet. “I’m going to take you home. There’s no way you’ll be able to climb those stairs when you’re so drunk.”

Jongdae’s tone of voice, in Baekhyun’s head, was nothing he had heard before directed to Mina. It was calm and soft, gentle even; which made Baekhyun slightly crept out. They’ve been throughout worse than being drunk or tipsy, and none of the two were this gentle when handling Mina. But suddenly, Jongdae was being like this? Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed; and he, despite whatever reasons he gave himself, found that he didn’t like it. It was already annoying enough that she reeked of Jongdae, when she was smelt of him and the pack.

Jongdae, when Mina managed to stand up, bent down to scoop her up in his arms, and unlike what Baekhyun was exaggerating about, she didn’t weigh like a seal, and they were still relatively capable of carrying a seal if they wanted either.

Mina released a giggle when she was carried bridal style, and she didn’t hesitate with wrapping her arms around Jongdae’s neck, swinging her legs in the air. Jongdae rolled his eyes, and looked backwards at Baekhyun, finding the boy already looking at him with a face filled with emotions Jongdae was sure the boy himself wasn’t aware he was showing.

“Stay in the car; i’ll put her to bed and be back as soon as possible.”

“Bye Baekie!” Mina all but yelled in the midnight air, releasing one of her arms that she wrapped around Jongdae’s neck to wave backwards at Baekhyun, shooting him a wide grin that softened her features. Baekhyun himself found himself smiling back, the curled edges of his mouth for her felt foreign in his face.

Mina reached her arm she used to wave for Baekhyun back around Jongdae’s neck, the heat of their bodies; for once, feeling comfortable and soothing against her shivering skin, cold and miserable because of the biting wind that breezed over her bare shoulders, bare thighs, and every slide and skin of her body the small dress didn’t cover. She, subconsciously or consciously, snuggled her face closer to Jongdae’s thick and muscled chest; smacking her cheek there. She heard Jongdae’s breathing turning ragged and cracking; but she didn’t pay attention to that since she was beyond sober, and her head was killing her.

She sensed Jongdae pressing the doorbell, the shrilly sound slightly annoying her buzzing senses, and heard the door being opened from inside. Then, there were small murmurs between Jongdae and Kai, whom she knew was the one who had opened the door. She didn’t know why they were talking in hushed voices, maybe because she was closing her eyes; and they thought she was asleep. But the quietness of their voices actually helped soothe a small chunk of her headache, so she didn’t mind.

“I can take her to her room, you don’t need to go all the way there.”

“It’s fine, Jongin, I’m already holding her. She’s not even that heavy, I’ll drop her and then I’ll be gone.”

Kai pulled away from the doorway and allowed Jongdae in. The older boy easily slipped inside and walked towards the spiral stairs, not bothering to look back and check if Kai was following. The pattern of his feet was echoing in Jongdae’s ears, so he was positive he was following him without looking backwards to confirm.

Jongdae strolled inside her room, while Kai took a detour right to the kitchen, not following them up the stairs, mumbling something about bringing the girl a glass of water. Jongdae didn’t mind, he didn’t even care in all honestly; all he was thinking of was how small she was, and how she fits perfectly in his arm in a sappy, gross way that made him blink his eyes. He lied the tiny girl on her bed, and she let go of him right away, sweat gathering around her forehead by his intense heat. Unaware of what he was doing, Jongdae found himself smiling, his cat-like smile that is usually cheeky and mischievous. However, this smile right now was everything but. He knew she hated being close to them for a long time, as she was easily affected by heat, making her sweat; which is quite annoying when you’re a clean freak like Mina.

“Jongdae, you ..” he heard her murmur in annoyance, wiggling around her bed with a permanent frown on her face. She was also eyeing him with distaste, and he found himself raising an eyebrow at her. “Now I’m all hot and bothered. How many times should I tell you not to touch me for a long time..”

Jongdae leaned closer to her, hovering his face in front of her with the help of his bent over knees. There was a smirk of absolute indulgence and playfulness in his face that Mina found annoying just as much as attractive it was.

“Did you just tell me you are hot and bothered?” Came Jongdae’s honey-like voice, his eyes flashing with misplaced innocence, since his lips were curled into a devilish, little smirk. He was also super close to her. Mina could trace the faded freckles on his face, and actually count his lashes if he allowed her. His heat was once again oozing out of him, wrapping her in a cocoon of uncomfortable warmth. It’d have direly helped in winter, but it was late spring and the weather wasn’t helping.

“I did, so what?” Mina replied gruffly, breathing heavily through and ruffling her bangs. And since Jongdae was extremely close to her, the warm air of her lungs brushed against his face, and the act was super y in his head, for whatever reason. “It’s not like you’re going to do anything about it. I’ll have to take a shower before sleep now, and I’m too drunk to move—“

Her words were held captive inside by Jongdae’s lips softly clamping over hers, suppressing her voice. Her hazy eyes closed shut by themselves because of the sweet kiss, and Mina’s heart thumped in her chest automatically, responding to the intimate gesture. Jongdae actually gave her a gentle kiss on her lips, unlike the passionate one he had given her at the party.

In spite of the kiss being super soft and tender, it didn’t prevent Jongdae from tilting his head in a proper angle so that he could give a gentle to her lower lip, eliciting a breathy noise from Mina’s lips. Then, the kiss was over as fast as it began, leaving the girl breathless on her bed; hands clasped into fists. Their eyes were again locked with one another, and right in front of her, the brown of Jongdae’s iris faded into bright golden, the heat of his body suddenly feeling hotter, suffocating, but also soothing, for some reason.

Mina her buzzing lower lip, still highly affected by Jongdae’s soft kiss, and she narrowed her eyes at the male, although everything inside of her was opposing to that furrow. Jongdae’s golden eyes were locked on her tongue that kept on rubbing the feeling on her lip away, a silent inquiry in his eyes.

“It tingles.” Mina answered that question he didn’t ask, and Jongdae flitted his eyes off of her sweet pillows to look up at her eyes, a slight curl to his lips.

“It does, doesn’t it?”

Mina nodded, the nod coming out childish and unfocused. Jongdae wouldn’t have kissed her if he wasn’t drunk himself, that much he was sure of; and he was aware that she wouldn’t have reciprocated if the same reason didn’t apply to her. For now, there was no feeling of quilt or remorse, or even awkwardness; as the two talked about the kiss like it was absolutely normal.

“I want another one.” Mina then demanded, reaching for Jongdae’s brown and delicate hair, and threading her fingers through his scalp in light, feathery touches. Jongdae’s heart literally combusted inside his chest, for both reasons: her request to have another kiss, and her soothing touches to his hair. All of his years knowing Mina, she never struck him as someone soft, delicate; and even tranquil, but now, while he was looking down at her with his werewolf senses ten times more sensitive; he felt a new piece to her aura because of her touches, and he found out that he liked it, a lot.

So he didn’t really hesitate when he leaned down to give her another kiss, this time he put his right knee on the mattress right beside her arm, so that he could have full access to her mesmerizing lips. She fully reciprocated, and the kiss turned mutual, unlike the one before, but it held the same sense of comfort the one before had. Her lips tasted of spicy vodka, strawberries; and something entirely too exotic yet tender. He took ahold of her upper lip, adding a small suction to his kiss and evoking a lewd sound rumbling from her chest. She took ahold of his lower one, using a lot of force to on it, unlike what he was doing to her, but Jongdae still felt it was soothing. He removed his mouth from hers to give her a small space to breathe, and took the chance to kiss her again when she parted her lips to take that breath, having easy access to her warm and moist cavern. He aimed to her tongue, taking the tender muscle in his teeth before lapping at it with his tongue in silent apology, making the girl whimper.

Jongdae felt her hands fall away from his hair to push on his chest with small resolve, almost like she didn’t want him to pull away from the kiss but also wanting him to do just that. Sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter