027: Silk Heart

Hearts Aflame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina let out a long, tired, and very massive groan of irritation. She knew she had been sleeping, and she knew she was having a damn good sleep too. But her phone’s notifications kept going on and on, which she once again forgot to turn off because she was so busy graveling over Suho like a pathetic to do so. When she has friends like the friends she does, she shouldn’t, in any circumstances, forget to turn off her phone’s notifications. They rarely ever have anything useful to say in most days, and they rarely ever had anything useful to say in the group chat either.

They just secretly liked to torment her like this, don’t they?

She sat up in Suho’s nice black bed, looking around with half-lidded eyes around her. She noticed that she was the only one in the bed, which would explain how cool and a bit chilly the air was. She looked around for Suho, knowing that he wouldn’t—or shouldn’t, be awake so early in the morning without at least waking her. How early was it in the morning anyway?

“Suho?” She called hesitantly, still looking around with her half-blind eyesight—wait, no, she was wearing her contacts yesterday night when she was with him, and she could clearly see now. , did she sleep in her contacts? Damn, that’d be such a hassle to deal with.

“Junmyeon?” She continued to call. She heard a small groan from somewhere and a hand was suddenly waving up at her from the left side of the bed. I’m up, she heard a guttural voice come from the ground, making her smile. Did he sleep on the ground so he didn't have to annoy her with his heat? That was such a considerate thing to do. If she had slept with someone else from the boys, they’d have lifted her up from the bed and put her on the ground instead so they’d take the bed for themselves.

She picked her phone from the nightstand beside her head when she was sure Suho was here and started going through the messages that woke her up, contemplating on who she should kill first, probably the first name that will pop up on her screen when she unlocks it. Wow, it was Jongdae. 

 

Jongdae:

where the heck are u Were all worried about u We’re*

He was writing in the group chat and they were many messages under his name by the other boys, all showing their worry, and she realized that she hadn’t really told the boys she’d be out. Did Sehun and Kai tell on her when she didn’t return to the apartment?

 

Baekhyun: 

ARE YOU KIDNAPPED

 

Minseok:

Suho told us you’re with him. Ignore the idiots.

 

Well, she realized the boys were just exaggerating. Trust Minseok to tell her the truth. She gave the phone a kiss, but when she realized the rest of his messages, she grimaced and pretended to take the kiss back by pressing the phone screen to her lips again. 

 

  Minseok:

Also, we have a lot to talk about Going to some guy’s house after taking you home How scandalous  I’m sure it brings bad luck to the relationship  If we fail, it’s on you

He was speaking of this so clearly in the group which either meant he didn’t give a if everyone knew, or they already did know. Mina found her lips curl into a scowl, but before she could type anything, another message popped up from Sehun.

 

Sehun:

I think I lost my shorts in there? Can you bring them with you

 

Aha, Mina thought, so I was right! The shorts she put on were indeed Sehuns'. Momentarily, she forgot about Minseok’s carelessness and smirked at Sehun’s laziness.

 

Mina: 

they’re on me !!!

 

Sehun:

what’s with the exclamation marks ????

 

Came Sehun’s response real quick. None of the others were online like Kyungsoo or Yixing, or even Kai, which meant they either didn’t wake up for classes or they were awake but refused to acknowledge their stupid friends. She heard a small groan again before she could reply, and she threw her phone aside when she saw Suho’s messy head pop up from the ground and lay it on the side of the bed. His eyes were half closed and there was a scowl on his cute lips too. His dark hair was extremely messy and whereas bird nests usually weren’t attractive, on him it totally was. It didn’t help how massively attracted she already was to him, so she was sure anything on him or anything about him was going to be amazing. 

“You’re up?” He murmured, half awake, and his voice came out scratchy and completely sleepy. Her heartbeats began to jump around frantically and she released a small smile in response which she hoped didn’t look as shaky as how he made her feel. 

“Yeah, my phone kept beeping. I think the boys are gathered around in my apartment.”

He groaned again, ruffling his hair and then trying to tame it once he realized how really messy the locks were. “What do they want..”

“Well, I’m guessing someone told them I slept over.” She teased, hinting at him what he did, and Suho stopped trying to fix his hair with his fingers to blink sleepily at her. Reasons of this was firstly because he was trying to awaken himself, and the other reason was him trying to concentrate on what the heck she was saying, his sleepy mind registering things super slow. Once he understood what she was insinuating, he sighed, going back to tame his bed hair. 

“I woke up in the middle of the night and sent them a text,” he said softly. “You were sweating really hard. I had to move over to the floor.”

“I’m sorry.” She blushed -- both because he was incredibly sweet for considering her and because damn, sweating around the crush was totally unattractive. Knowing this, Suho’s lips started to curl into a smirk, even though he wasn’t fully conscious for one yet, and Mina readied her reaction. 

“Don’t worry. I’ve seen you in worse conditions.”

“Are you... teasing me?” She blinked instead of groaning, which she first thought she’d do, and gave him a strange look. However, there was a deep crimson color flushing over her cheeks; she was shy over being teased by Suho who never really teases. 

“I don’t know,” Suho mumbled, now feeling self-conscious with the look she was giving him. “It feels weird. I haven’t teased you in so long. Is it working?”

“You’re so adorable.” She said, cooing unconsciously, and then crawling out of the bed to lower herself next to him. Suho laid back on his makeshift bed made of blankets when he saw her coming, and then he reached for one of her arms to pull her down on him. He was warm still, a bit of a soft warmth since he just woke up and his body was more cool than hot. She melted into him nonetheless, sighing into the soft fabric of his pjs and brushing her cheek on his chest. If someone told her she’d be in such a position with Suho in such a short time, she wouldn’t have believed. , she was currently in his arms and she still couldn’t believe it.

She wasn’t a werewolf and she damn sure as hell couldn’t hear the smallest of sounds, but while she laid awake in his arms, head on his chest, she swore to having heard a small thump of his heartbeats in her ears, the sound minuscule and tender, a soft echoing to the pattern in her head. 

“Let me touch you,” she heard a small grumble from his chest, his voice coming out soft and lazy. She felt arms wrap around her shoulders, flushing her even more to the heat of his body. She sighed. “I hate the fact that we have to be separated all of the time.”

“Maybe we should take a cold dip in your pool together so you’ll always remain cool-temperatured.” She muffled on his chest, giggling soon after at the images of them together in the pool while holding each other, her cheeks fairly red. God, she was such a ing idiot. She was too whipped for him. She didn’t know if that was a good or bad thing. 

“And then you’ll turn into an ice pack.”

“Good point. But still,” she whined. She couldn’t believe she was whining, to Suho of all people. “It feels weird how I can’t really touch you guys for long. It’s like I can’t even have a proper hug for a few minutes.”

“We can always lower our temperature for you.” Suho whispered, lips on the crown of her head and yet, she could hear his soothing voice directly in her ear. She shivered pleasantly, arms going around his body and trying to envelop him into her embrace. She failed, however, because he was lying on his back and she couldn’t possibly circle her arms around him, so she just lied there on him, arms curled back to her chest. 

“But the only time you can be around with your normal temperature is with me or home,” she rolled her eyes. She wished she had the guts to print a kiss on his chest. “I don’t want you to feel so suppressed in your own homes or with your damn family.”

He stayed silent, only humming softly, and she felt fingers graze her hair, cheeks, and forehead. Those fingers started to play with her hair too, and despite not seeing him, she knew he had a soothing face on. She shivered again. 

“What are you thinking?” She murmured, his silence taking too long. It didn’t help that she couldn’t see his face or read his expression, considering how curious she was of him. He stopped talking after her declaration too, so was he offended by her words? She didn’t know, and she didn’t like it when she didn’t know.

“Something,” Suho hummed back. “It’s not for you to hear yet. But I’ll tell you when I’m sure of it. Can we get ready for the day now?”

It’s not for her to hear yet? What the heck did that mean? Was it a serious matter? Probably. Everything about Suho was serious and so were his decisions, his thought processes. Since she respected the older guy so much, she decided to play it cool, lowering her burning curiosity to talk about something else. She wanted to be lazy and careless with him too, for a goddamn day in the least.

“I have classes at ten AM,” she told him, playing with one of his shirt buttons. “So I have to go back to my apartment and get a fresh set of clothes.”

“And I have CEO business. Can I drive you home?”

“Of course,” she rolled her eyes as if the offer was ridiculous. She usually wouldn’t like to delay them in their work or make them do things for her, but she wanted to spend as much time as she could with her boy and not feel burdened. “I’m warning you, though, the boys will definitely hold you hostage in the apartment and drill you with questions. I’m pretty sure Minseok might actually spank you.”

“Spank me..." Suho repeated, unimpressed and mildly surprised. Mina nodded reassuringly. 

“Yup.”

“You’re so weird.” He groaned, laughter lacing his tone even though he didn’t let it out. Just at the thought of his laughter, Mina’s mouth stretched into a smile, poking him on his chest with her finger for emphasis. 

“Minseok is.”

“Can I move now?” He murmured again, a palm he had on her back moving upward and leaving traces of delicious shivers on her body. “I’ll go get ready for my spanking session. I think I should wear some fluffy pants to soften the blows.”

She laughed; she couldn’t help it. She was reminded of how funny and amusing Junmyeon used to be and how much she missed this carefree side of him. Three seconds later, she heard a soft laugh follow after hers and she realized that his laughter alone was her home. 

 

-

 

The drive to her apartment was easygoing. They talked about everything and nothing. Suho even boldly went ahead and held her hand while he drove over with the other. It was very attractive and Mina naturally was a thirsty hoe so it wasn’t like she was capable of not drooling. While she was with him, she forgot about the horror which would meet her soon enough at her house. When she was out of the car and walking towards the door, Suho leaving to park the car, she was instantly met with Jongdae’s sharp, cat-like eyes behind the door. She flinched for a second, shocked at being greeted this way, then she smiled, recognizing the boy. 

“Hey!”

“Hi.” He unpleasantly said, a sort of fire glowing in his brown eyes and then shifting into deep golden. Oh-oh, her head provided, he was definitely angry. She tried to remember what things wrong she had done to him, but according to herself, she didn’t do anything to warrant such a glare, so she raised her brows at him, crossing her arms on her chest. 

“Are you angry or something?”

“No, I’m not,” he huffed, rolling his eyes and causing Mina’s brows to come even higher up her face. He was angry alright. “I’m not angry.” He repeated when he saw her disbelieved face. 

“Really? So your cropped responses are not a sign of your suppressed anger?”

He cleared his throat, looking behind her with wonderment mixed with annoyance, wholeheartedly ignoring her question. “Where’s Suho Hyung?”

Really? She thought, he was playing this again? Why was it so easy to provoke him anyway? Sure, Jongdae’s not naturally hot-headed — sometimes — but he’s very easygoing. But ever since this bond happened, he’s constantly angry. At her nonetheless. He wasn’t Baekhyun or Sehun. He doesn’t get so easily riled, but here she was, always facing his passive-aggression like she did something to him. Which she didn’t believe she did, mind you.

“He’s parking his car.” She answered nonchalantly, shrugging and hoping her blinks of innocence might drizzle out some of his burning fire.

It didn’t. 

Jongdae’s eyes burned even more, if that was possible, and he leaned over the door of her apartment possessively, secretly holding it with one of his arms to close whatever gap there was between the door and his body. Mina watched curiously. Was he really going to guard her off of her own damm apartment? Why was he here anyway? Why was anyone here? 

“I’m amused with the fact that you share a car with Sehun and Kai yet, you still ride everyone else’s car beside yours.”

Okay, that was enough. She didn’t do anything to make him stare down at her like a freaking criminal or anything. She was in a good mood, one in which she wasn’t about to let Jongdae ruin. She took a few steps closer to him, standing face to face with him and dropping her arms off of her chest to seem buffer, courage solidifying in her eyes. Jongdae’s eyes flashed with surprise. Yeah, he didn’t expect that, the er --  her head said.

“You’re doing it again.” She murmured bravely, matching their eyes together. She was so short she had to stand on her actual tiptoes to reach him, and it didn't help that her eyes were burning her because of the damm dry contacts she slept in. But she wasn’t going to back out now, not when he looked like a mixture of annoyed, surprised, and totally . She was growing excited herself, the weirdo. 

“What am I doing?” Jongdae murmured back, his eyes momentarily falling down her lips, before guiding his eyes back up her own. The golden intensified. 

“Showing your dislike about my closeness with the boys and clear signs of jealousy through anger,” she muttered back, raising an eyebrow. “I don’t want you to regret saying something hurtful, Jongdae.”

He took a deep breath, and when he exhaled out, the warm breath fell on her face, the gold in his eyes softening to sad honey brown. “I can’t help it,” he whispered. “You smell like him.”

She leaned over him and hugged him, wrapping her arms over his neck and actually burying herself within his arms. Jongdae’s breath leapt out of his body at the sudden gesture and the sensation of her arms circling around him. He was aware she felt his reaction too due to her muffled sound of amusement.

Throughout the small time they came together by the bond, he was usually the one advancing on her, but the hugs were always reserved to her first; she always hugged him first. Maybe because hugs were the least she received in her life, she made sure everyone received them, him and the boys. He quickly hugged her back, tightly, his arms making home out of her slim waist and his mouth brushing over the covered spot on her shoulder. , she smelled so much like Suho, and Minseok too, his mind provided as an after thought. However, Suho’s scent was strongest because it was the most recent, and his wolf bared its teeth. He didn’t like this at all.

“I can smell like you too.” He heard her say after muffling her giggles away, and he sighed, melting into her embrace while actually smacking a small kiss on her shoulder, covered or not. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter