Chapter 6 - Going on vacation

Today I really want to be alone...

Chapter 6 - Going on vacation

One week later the family arrived I Tokyo. It was Eunbi’s first family vacation and it was amazing! She loved this place already. They did a lot of sightseeing and ate a whole bunch of delicious foods. This was the best vacation ever. It was the first time she was actually together with her new family 24/7 and she enjoyed every second of it. Other teenagers might have been annoyed but Eunbi felt blessed. The two weeks were almost over. So after all the sightseeing they decided to have a relaxed shopping day.

It was in that shopping mall in Roppongi Hills where Eunbyul spotted someone who looked like Taekwang to a scary extend. She checked where her sister and mom were and decided to figure out, if what she just saw was actually him.

“Mom I need to go to the bathroom. I think it’s on the other floor. Let’s say we meet back here in 15 minutes? Or maybe 20, you never know how long the line will be.” Eunbyul said to her mother.

“Ok sweetheart but don’t get lost” her mother replied.

Eunbi was just coming over “You want me to come with you?”

“Of course not! I’m almost an adult you know. I will find my way there” Eunbyul laughed and walked off.

Where did he go? Which direction did he walk? She passed all the stores on the level she was on but could only find women clothing stores. What is there guys like? She just remembered that she saw a sign of a store with a lot of technical store on the sign when they entered the building. If she remembered correctly it was a floor above. She went up and yes! She found the store. She went in trying to find Gong Taekwang. It would be too easy if he would actually be here, Eunbyul thought. To her surprise she actually found him. At first she didn’t approach him because she wanted to make sure it was actually him. To closer she got the more she was certain: This was Gong Taekwang. What was he doing in Tokyo?  And why was he here when his sister was in this town as well? How could the world be this small? Eunbyul thought that Eunbi just had some sort of weird energy around her that would always let her meet people she shouldn’t. Eunbi needed protection and as her big sister she would make sure this guy would never ever break Eunbi’s heart again.

What should she say though? She kind of stalked him and followed him in a shopping mall. This was ridiculous. But she was already there. Maybe it was best to pretend to be Eunbi just to see how he would react. Eunbyul put on her heartbroken face and went over to Taekwang, who was looking at a Hover board.

“It’s really you…” Eunbyul whispered.

Taekwang turned his head and saw her. His facial expression became sad.

“What are you doing her Taekwang?” Eunbyul continued her act.

“What I want to know is: what are you doing here, Go Eunbyul”.

Dang it! Wow Taekwang was probably the only person on the planet besides their mom, who could tell the twins apart within seconds.

“Wow you really are amazing. I tried really hard to see your reaction.” Eunbyul .

“I guess you’re back from the states?” he tried to have some small talk.

“Yes obviously.”

“Just get to the point… how did you find me and what do you want?” Taekwang asked getting a little annoyed.

“First I didn’t really look for you I just happened to see you. Second I want to understand what your problem with my sister is…”

“I don’t have a problem with her. Why would you think that?” He was actually surprised by himself saying it.

“So why did you break her heart? Why did you just run off and never contact her? Do you even know what you did to her?”

“Yes I do but that was the easiest way, and just for the record, she broke mine first” he  turned around and was about to leave the store.

“Yah! Gong Taekwang! You will not leave this store until we are out of this shopping mall. I will not let my sister face you again just so you could be mean to her again.”

Taekwang froze. He turned around: “She’s here too?”

“Of course she is, what do you think I’m doing here by myself?” Eunbyul asked.

Taekwang had a little smile on his face “She must be super excited then to go on vacation with her sister”.

Eunbyul was startled. What was wrong with this guy. Did he like her sister of not? Why couldn’t he just express himself so Eunbyul could understand.

“Gong Taekwang. Can you please tell me the reason why you did what you did? I mean if you don’t like her anymore I will accept this but you don’t seem like you have forgotten her at all. For me it seems like you’re in pain as well… so please explain. I will not leave this place until you give me an explanation that I actually believe.”

Taekwang let out a deep and loud sigh. Eunbyul obviously didn’t change a bit. She has always been fierce and persistent. “You want the truth? Yes I’m in pain, yes I do like your sister and hell yes I miss seeing her, but I did what I thought and still think is best for her. As you know my family is not exactly… normal. The government took away the custody from my dad and gave it to my mother. As she lives in Japan though they shipped me over here as I have to live with a parent until I’m done with school. I thought it would be the best if I just cut ties with everything I had left in Seoul.”

“So that’s why you left… but… I mean where is the problem with just telling this to Eunbi?” Eunbyul could not understand this guy.

“Because I know her too well. She would spend more time thinking about my wellbeing here in Japan than thinking of her own life. I also don’t want her to wait for me. If she could meet someone she really likes I’m going to be happy and she already has Yian. He will help her get through it and then she will forget about me like everyone else.”

“They broke up a few weeks ago. Actually Eunbi wanted to tell you she’s sorry for not choosing you but then you decided to be mean…”

“This doesn’t make a difference now. I’m here now and she has her sister back. She doesn’t need me anymore. I just want her to live a less troublesome life. With me she will only get involved in too many bad situations.” Taekwang said.

“I totally agree with you but she likes you no matter what I say about you. I can’t change the way she feels in her heart but I can try to cheer her up. Are you going to come back to Korea for University though?” Eunbyul asked.

“Probably. I think I’m going to live with my dad again when I’m 18. We have been getting along quite ok lately… don’t you have to go back though? Eunbi will probably wonder why you are gone for so long”.

Eunbyul checked the time on her phone: “I think you’re right”.

They both agreed to pretend they have never seen each other here. Taekwang would wait another 20 minutes before leaving the store and Eunbyul would suggest to leave the shopping mall.

What was she doing though? She never really liked Taekwang and now she was even plotting a plan with him just so her sister wouldn’t see him? Wow Eunbyul you changed, she thought. But maybe it would actually be good for both of them to not see each other. Eunbyul thought if they were really destined for each other they would meet again eventually. At least she knew now that Taekwang was only thinking about Eunbi’s wellbeing. Something both of them had in common.

Eunbyul just hoped she made the right decision not to let them meet. It could give Eunbi either the chance to get over it and find someone else or she would keep it inside and get eaten up by it. Eunbyul just wanted to prevent the latter. She only wanted Eunbi’s life to be finally good. She had a family now but now she also had a broken heart. Eunbyul’s new goal was to heal this small little broken heart and she would do whatever it took to help Eunbi get through this.