Chapter 2 - Sisterly advice

Today I really want to be alone...

Chapter 2 - Sisterly Advice

“Sorry Eunbyul but I have to go to work now. But you and Eunbi can keep talking if you still have some time. I love you so much my sweetie. Can’t wait till you come home!” and then their mom left.

“Yah! Mom is crazy! How many jobs does she have right now? Eunbi, why aren’t you stopping her?” Eunbyul asked.

“Well you know… she needs to do something. You know her; she hates to have nothing do to.” Eunbi answered.

“Oh… it’s because of me.” Eunbyul looked somewhat depressed.

“Unni, it’s because she loves you so much. We all wanted for you to go to the States. You always wanted to go. I also have a small job now, so don’t worry about it.”

“So basically both of you just work your butts off for me. Some people will think I’m a princess”

Both of them laughed. Eunbyul has been gone for two months now and Eunbi started dating Yian ever since then. Eunbyul naturally noticed the chance in Eunbi’s face while she was thinking about these last two months.

“So what’s going on?” Eunbyul wanted to know.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t play dumb. I know you. Something is bothering you… Is it Yian? If it’s him I will teach him a lesson! Or is it that stupid Gong Taekwang? Is he still joking around with your feelings?” Eunbyul was ready to fight someone.

Eunbi was not sure what to say. Was Yian bothering her? What did she mean Gong Taekwang joking around with her feelings? Wasn’t it her that hurt HIS feelings?

“Eunbi, are you serious right now? You don’t even realize it, but you’re back in the trap” Eunbyul was amused.

“I don’t understand what you’re trying to tell me here Eunbyul. None of them bothers me, in fact one of them is just gone and…” tears formed in Eunbi’s eyes.

“Oh so that’s what it is. Honestly, Shijin and Songjoo have told me about Gong Taekwang missing classes. But I didn’t want to pressure you to tell me. It’s normal that you miss him but it will get better when he comes back and…”

“He’s not coming back!” Eunbi interrupted her.

“What do you mean he’s not coming back?”

Eunbi tried to hold in her tears: “He changed schools and he doesn’t pick up my calls.”

“He changed schools? Heol! Don’t worry I will track him down for you when I’m back I promise” Eunbyul fiercely announced.

“Maybe he doesn’t want me to find him. Maybe he hates me now because of Yian.”

Eunbyul was getting more and more concerned for her sister: “but do you still think it was the right decision to dump Taekwang for Yian?”

“Honestly I don’t know anymore. I feel like I made my life easy by taking Yian. Taekwang needed me with all the things that happened in his family but I basically left him and his troubles alone. I can understand that he’s angry at me”

Eunbi couldn’t hold her tears in anymore. She knew that Eunbyul was concerned as well as her mom but she had to tell someone. She had to lighten her heart. This is why she loved her sister so much. Eunbyul always tried to cheer her up or find a solution with her. Eunbyul has literally saved Eunbi’s life and now she was the shoulder Eunbi could cry on.

Eunbyul made Eunbi to open up about how she felt in the relationship. As it turned out it felt more like Eunbi was hanging out with her guy-friend not her boy-friend.

Eunbyul has always known that Yian liked both of them at one point, but he has never been anything else than a friend, for both of them. Eunbyul thought that Eunbi really liked Yian as a man and not as a friend for a short while. But as soon as she witnessed the affection Gong Taekwang had for her sister she knew. Yian liked her sister but Taekwang was more than just someone that liked her sister.

Eunbyul never really liked him particularly. He wasn’t that good looking and he was lazy. At times she didn’t even notice if he attended class or not. And to be honest, she didn’t even really know his name until her sister lived her life. If she wouldn’t have seen it with her own eyes she would’ve never understood what Eunbi liked so much about him. Gong Taekwang, the troubled boy that didn’t care about anything or anyone, stood up for her sister when she desperately needed a friend. He was the first one to see through her and notice that she was in fact not Go Eunbyul but Lee Eunbi. He knew but he kept the secret. He was the one that protected her beloved sister from that awful Kang Soyoung who bullied her sister until she couldn’t stand it anymore. Gong Taekwang was the only one who truly understood Eunbi.

Then there was Han Yian. Yian has always been and probably will always be a friend. He just wasn’t fit to be the boyfriend of Eunbi or Eunbyul. For Eunbyul he was always just friend zoned and because he has always had a crush on her, he also developed a crush in Eunbi.

“Did it ever occur to you that you’re only dating Yian because Taekwang never really said he likes you?” Eunbyul asked.

“He did more than once.” Eunbi recalled.

“Wait what? Why did you never tell me?” Eunbyul felt a little betrayed.

“I don’t know. I guess… I was afraid.”

“Afraid of what? Of you liking him back?” Eunbyul did not understand what Eunbi was thinking for the first time. “If you like him, why didn’t you tell him? I think you  just took Yian to make it easier on yourself. In my opinion you have to act fast. You need to find out what you want before it’s too late!”

“But how do I do that?” Eunbi was helpless.

“You go find him and confront him of course! And if it’s Gong Taekwang that you really want you have to let Yian know. He deserves it. He’s still one of our best friends…”

“Do you think it will break his heart?” Eunbi wanted to know.

“He’ll get over it don’t worry. You asking that question however means that you already know the answers to your questions in your heart” Eunbyul noticed.