Chapter 12 - A new beginning

Today I really want to be alone...

After talking it out Eunbi and Taekwang decided not to go back to the party, but instead take a walk. Taekwang wanted to accompany Eunbi back to her dorm room. They were walking there while holding hands and talking about this and that.

For Eunbi it felt as if all the troubles she had the last year were gone. Taekwang’s protective and warm hand felt so nice. This very moment was just perfect. They arrived at Eunbi’s dorm. There were no students around, so it either meant the party was long over or still going.

“Thank you for taking me here” Eunbi said. “Where is your dorm?”

“It’s the building behind the library” he answered.

“OK good to know” she smiled.

“Are we going to see us tomorrow?” Taekwang wanted to know.

Eunbi just smiled at him and nodded her head. She couldn’t wait to see him tomorrow and to tell her sister about it. Eunbyul would be teasing her like crazy, but Eunbi was ok with it.

“Then… how about we meet for lunch tomorrow in front of the teaching building?” Taekwang suggested.

Eunbi nodded again, “I’ll see you tomorrow then”. She let go of Taekwangs hand turned around and walked into the direction of the Dorm entrance.

“Go Eunbi, wait!” Taekwang said.

Eunbi turned around thinking he forgot to say something.

“Eunbi, I’m just going to apologize already.”

“Apologize for wha…” Eunbi couldn’t finish her sentence. Taekwang hat already taken her face into his hands and kissed her. At first Eunbi was a little shocked, but then she put her arms around him and closed her eyes. She didn’t know long they were kissing, but when it ended they were both embarrassed. Taekwang’s face turned red, which Eunbi could even see in the dark.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then!” he said and ran away.

Eunbi laughed loudly and yelled after him “You’re such a baby… see you tomorrow!”.

The way back into her room she smiled like an idiot. The last time she was this happy was when she finally reunited with her sister and mother. She didn’t know this sort of feeling. She felt like a fourteen-year old girl. But that kiss was just amazing. Han Yian never kissed her like this. Taekwang made her entire body sparkle and she was super excited about it. She tried to enter the room very silently, but it was unnecessary as Hyeri was still awake.

Hyeri was sitting on her bed as if she was waiting for Eunbi to get back.

“So you’re actually coming back before bedtime. Interesting… so it didn’t work out did it…”

Eunbi didn’t quite know how to answer and just looked at Hyeri with a confused face.

“What? Why are you looking like that? I mean wouldn’t you spend the night at his place?”

“Yah! He’s not like this!” Eunbi yelled.

Hyeri finally smiled at her. “Don’t worry I was just joking! Hahaha. But now explain the whole story! I heard a lot of interesting things about you guys tonight!”

Eunbi felt a little uncomfortable. “So what did you hear about us?”

Hyeri told her everything she heard from Soyoung. She told everyone that Eunbi used to bully her when she was in High School and Taekwang helped her to cover it up. In the end Eunbi dumped Taekwang for the most popular student.

Eunbi was getting angry. How could this girl never learn anything? Why was she still trying to torture her?

“Well at least that’s what she said. But just looking how you and Gong Taekwang reacted I think she’s lying. If you want to tell me your side of the story, I’ll believe you.” Hyeri said.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know the guy you liked was Gong Taekwang.” Eunbi said with a depressed expression.

“Oh don’t worry about it. I mean he would never look at me like he looks like you so I’m fine. And! We have so many cute guys at this university! Just promise you will take me to your party tomorrow as well!” Hyeri said.

“OK” Eunbi smiled at her. Then they spend half of the night talking about how Eunbi has been bullied by Kang Soyoung and not the other way around. She also talked about her twin sister and how everything was messed up when she got to know Taekwang.

“Heol! This sounds better than a TV Drama” Hyeri said.

“OK, now that you’re dating Taekwang, this Kang Soyoung girl can’t do anything to you, and when he isn’t around I’ll protect you.”

Eunbi’s cheeks turned red again, just thinking about Taekwang. It’s not like they officially agreed to date but they would end up in a relationship sooner or later. Unofficially the kiss was already a dating agreement for Eunbi.

“It’s already 3.30AM! Let’s get at least some sleep” Eunbi said.

Both of the girls were laying in bed when Eunbi said “Thank you Hyeri…”. She didn’t know if Hyeri was still awake and could hear it or not but even before Hyeri could have answered, Eunbi fell asleep.

The next day the girls got ready for the next day of introduction classes. They separated in front of the teaching building.

“I’ll see you at lunch. Bring your boyfriend too!” Hyeri said while waving at Eunbi. Eunbi was embarrassed again. She tried to get rid of her embarrassment and went to class. The teacher let them go half an hour before lunch time. Eunbi decided to already head over to the library to wait for Taekwang. Yesterday they had forgotten to give each other their phone numbers, so she had no way of contacting him.

It was a great opportunity to call Eunbyul though. Of course, the sisters exchanged their schedule, so Eunbi knew that Eunbyul was having free time right now.

“Unnie… what are you doing?” Eunbi asked, when Eunbyul picked up the phone.

“What’s going on? You sound so… suspicious!” Eunbyul answered.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Did Gong Taekwang finally open his mouth?” Eunbyul laughed.

Eunbi had to laugh as well and told her everything that had happened just the day before. Eunbyul wasn’t taking the news of Kang Soyoung very well but at least she was happy with everything else Eunbi told her.

“How about you? Is everything fine Unnie?”

Eunbyul told her how boring the classes were and that she already had a few guys that were trying to chase her. She also made some friends but the party of their department would be in the evening. She would bring Sungjae to the party and talked about it like it was no big deal.

“Wait wait wait… you’re going to the party with Sungjae? Isn’t he in a different department though? Eunbi wanted to ask.

“Well… I think I kind of like him, so I asked him out on a date.” Eunbyul continued.

“WHAT?!?!” HEOL!”

“Yah Go Eunbi, just because Gong Taekwang and you have troubles to express what you actually mean, doesn’t mean I have to be like you two idiots as well.”

Eunbi could do nothing but laugh… “Maybe all four of us should go on a date one day then, considering it works out for the both of us.”

“That would be great!” Eunbyul said. “But I’m still concerned about you. I think I’ll come over and teach Kang Soyoung a lesson! Don’t worry! And when I’m not there your boyfriend can protect you!”

“Don’t try to change the subject! And I mean it’s not like Taekwang is officially my boyfriend or anything.”

Eunbyul laughed: “What is he then? I mean I want to make Sungjae my boyfriend but Taekwang already kissed you… so I guess…”

“UNNIE! Don’t remind me of it… it was so…” Eunbi couldn’t finish the sentence. Instead she put one hand on her forehead and shook her entire body. She was still embarrassed just to think of it.

Eunbyul had to laugh.

“Anyways, it’s lunch time. I’m going to meet up with Sungjae, I’ll call you later and let you know how it went! I love you bye..!” Just like that Eunbyul hung up.

“Wow she’s basically already dating him… Heol!” Eunbi smiled. Just as she checked the time on her phone she heard his voice behind her.

“Was that Go Eunbyul?” Taekwang asked.

For how long was he standing there? What did he hear? As if he could hear her thoughts he said: “Around ten minutes. I guess I heard the most important parts. Your sister is dating someone older…” he said while smiling at her. This smile made her knees weak. How could he in such a cute way?

“You’re rude… you’re not supposed to listen to other people’s conversation” Eunbi said. “Anyways, is it OK if we eat lunch with my roommate Hyeri? She’s our age, you should know her.”

“Oh Hyeri, yes I know who that is” he laughed. “Can I officially introduce you as my girlfriend then?” he said while reached out to take her hand.

Eunbi linked her hand in his and kissed him on the cheek. “That makes you my boyfriend then”

Taekwang just smiled at her and they walked over to the cafeteria hand in hand.

-END-