Chapter 10 - The party and the devil

Today I really want to be alone...

Chapter 10 - The party and the devil

As Eunbi came back into her Dorm room, Hyeri was already getting ready for the party.

“Eunbi! You’re late, get dressed!” Hyeri said while fixing her make up. “And while you’re at it let me know what happened! You look terrible!”

Eunbi was exhausted; she wasn’t even going to try to lie to her roommate “I ran into my High School crush here at University”. She threw herself on the bed and buried her face in her pillow.

“Wait what? That sounds… interesting. What kind of guy is he? And why are you so depressed now? It’s not like High School happened years ago. I mean, we just graduated.” Hyeri added.

“Let’s just say our relationship is a little complicated. I haven’t seen him for almost one and a half years and I didn’t know what to say.” Eunbi sighed.

“And where exactly is the problem? Was it that serious between you two?” Hyeri put down her make up tools and stared at Eunbi.

“I mean… it never really got to that point, which is the actual problem” Eunbi recalled. “But let’s forget about boy drama tonight and get ready for the party!” Eunbi stood up and went to her wardrobe to find a nice looking dress.

“That’s the spirit! I just hope my crush will be there. I told him to come today.”

Soon after, they were ready to go out to the party. It was a traditional beginning of the year party with a lot of food and a lot of beer. Eunbi was a little scared as she was not a person that ever drinks. Tonight she would have to drink a beer at least but she didn’t want anything weird to happen. Luckily their dorm wasn’t that far away from the restaurant.

As they arrived a lot of people where already there and showed them their seats. Forty people were expected but only half of them were there at this time. Eunbi and Hyeri decided to start eating with the others that were already there. They got to know some girls that were in Hyeri’s major as well. Everyone seemed really nice and talkative. Around half an hour later everyone was pretty much there. Eunbi didn’t notice Gong Taekwang walking in. He of course saw her right away.

Some classmates that knew Taekwang already dragged him to the opposite side of the room to sit with them and he didn’t refuse. He tried to get comfortable in the situation at first and then try to find the perfect time to talk to her.

“OMG he actually came! And he just looked over to our table! Today must be my lucky day! ”Hyeri said. She was a little louder than she should be, as she already had some beers.

“Who are you talking about Hyeri?” one of her classmates asked. “Do you mean the handsome tall one with the cute face?”

“Do you have a thing with him?” another wanted to know.

“Well not yet, but I will make him mine don’t worry!” Hyeri laughed.

Eunbi was curious as well. She turned around to see who they were talking about. Then she saw Gong Taekwang. He was looking her straight in the eyes. She turned around really quickly, which made Taekwang laugh a little. He was amused by Eunbi’s behavior. First she was angry at him and now she was being all shy around him.

“What is it Eunbi? What do you think?” Hyeri wanted to know.

“Lee Eunbi? Is this for real?” a cold voice said.

Eunbi froze within a second. Was this really for real? Was she really hearing her voice? What kind of nightmare has she gotten herself into today?

“You’re not even looking at me? Are you still scared of me?” the voice continued.

“Eunbi who is she?” Hyeri asked.

Eunbi took all her strength to pretend she was strong enough for this and turned around. She looked up and she really saw her. It was her in full flesh… why was she here and why now?

“Kang Soyoung. I assume you go to University here now too?” Eunbi tried to sound as if she didn’t care Kang Soyoung was there. She couldn’t hide all the fear from her fear though.

“I guess this year will be much more fun than I thought it would be!” Kang Soyoung said.

Eunbi froze again. She was still terrified of this girl. All the things she did to her came back into her memories. She tried so hard to forget but she couldn’t. Because of this girl she decided to end her life a long time ago. Her life changed so much but it seemed like the scars did not heal at all.

“I think you don’t mind if I join you guys on your table, do you?” Kang Soyoung continued.

“Actually I do mind. How about you join the people on the other side of the room” Gong Taekwang said. Eunbi didn’t even notice that he stood up and came over to them. He stood right next to Kang Soyoung now and stared at her with a lot of hatred.

“Wooooooow! Am I in a soap opera? This day is better than Christmas! Lee Eunbi and the forever lost soul Gong Taekwang in one room in the same University.” Soyoung turned to face Taekwang. “Are you still protecting your beloved Eunbi?” She asked with an evil smile on her face.

“Am I not allowed to do so?” Taekwang wanted to know.

Eunbi was speechless. She was becoming the main event at a party she wasn’t even really invited to. But somehow everything ended in an even bigger drama. She wanted to wake up from this dream. Her heart was beating to the point that she was scared it would explode. Was she scared of Soyoung that much or was she happy Taekwang was still by her side? She had troubles breathing. Just before her legs went weak Taekwang came to her side. He grabbed her waist to support her and held her upper arm.

“You should sit down” he said to Eunbi and helped her down. Then another guy , who seemed to be the organizer of this party came over.

“Guys there’s nothing to see here so please everyone get back to what you were doing before this bully came in” the guy said looking at Soyoung.

“What’s your problem? I didn’t bully anyone. You can’t just kick me out!” Soyoung protested.

“I guess you’re right. But I just want to remind you. High School is over and childish behavior is so out of date here. Please, at least pretend you’re old enough to go to University” the guy suggested. Soyoung’s face had  a really angry expression. She probably thought this was fun for everyone but now everyone felt uncomfortable, because of her. “What about we all introduce ourselves now. I think everyone is here now. I will start” he continued. “My name is Kim Min Joon and I’m a second year in business administration and the organizer of this event. We are here to meet our new classmates and make some new friends and connections. I’m in the committee of our major so if you ever have a question or an idea for events, or you want to complain about professors you can tell me all about it.” He put his hand on Taekwang’s shoulder and said: “Now it’s your turn. It seems like all the girls want to know who you are”